Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211309 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #184: Nov 23, 2017 03:58:32 pm
      This is one that dumbfounds me.  I know Jk sees him in training, but in the handful of games he's played, he's looked good (I was at the dire Palace game earlier this season and thought he was very good).  It is strange that he's not figured more, despite Moreno's improved form.  I wonder what's going through Robertson's mind the last 3 months as he's been continually overlooked.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #185: Dec 02, 2017 06:13:51 pm
      Good to see him play, and do well.
      Cliché time - he *would* be like a new signing if he can start playing more regularly ;)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #186: Dec 02, 2017 06:19:45 pm
      Good to see him play, and do well.
      Cliché time - he *would* be like a new signing if he can start playing more regularly ;)

Probably get another game in January.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #187: Dec 02, 2017 11:29:40 pm
      Full respect to Robertson where Brighton didn't even bother attacking down his flank.
      Same scenario with Moreno where the opposition have realised our youngsters are inexperienced and naive in the defensive side of the game and it's made him look reasonably good.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #188: Dec 03, 2017 07:44:26 am
      Great in attack. His crossing is F***ing wicked.

Didn't get tested much in defence though.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #189: Dec 03, 2017 09:46:37 am
      If Moreno plays (bar against Seville) or Robertson I would be happy either way. Yesterday, Robertson played wing-back and looked comfortable.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #190: Dec 07, 2017 04:38:11 pm
      Interesting listening to TAW player and an interview with the fella that runs the Hull equivalent; in that he says he's not surprised at all  that Robertson has not gotten a lot of games so far.

In a nutshell if you tell him to bomb forward he will do it all day but he basically received zero training at Hull as they have been through 4 managers in 2 years and defensively he has had very little coaching.

Raw talent and one for the future was the conclusion as too why he was purchased.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #191: Dec 10, 2017 09:56:32 pm
      Thought Andy was quite good today. Defended well enough, sent in some good deliveries and wasn't just lumping it into the box, but showed self-control when in possession. Hope to see much more of him in the coming weeks, which apparently due to Moreno's misfortune, we will.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #192: Dec 10, 2017 09:59:49 pm
      He was brilliant today. Was my personal MOTM (although Salah for his individual skill takes the wide majority).

Impresses me every time he plays, and if this form continues expect Moreno to have no assurances upon his return.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #193: Dec 10, 2017 10:06:01 pm
      Thought he did fine today - but  he’s capable of much more. 

I think Milner took up a lot of his space in the first half.

Defensively showed really good awareness and handled Shrek with ease.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #194: Dec 10, 2017 10:11:08 pm
      Too much crossing IMO today and that right foot of his is redundant. Needs some stuff coaching out of him because we're not a team that really scores from crosses anyway.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #195: Dec 10, 2017 11:54:09 pm
      He was very good today. Don’t really see why he should lose his place playing like this. Good defensively and very dangerous with the ball at his feet. Not to mention a smart player. Knows what to do with the ball.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #196: Dec 10, 2017 11:55:40 pm
      He was very good today. Don’t really see why he should lose his place playing like this. Good defensively and very dangerous with the ball at his feet. Not to mention a smart player. Knows what to do with the ball.

Again FL, I don't think he had an awful lot of defending to do though if I'm honest.

He was decent going forward, not brilliant though and I thought Milner was often taking crosses that should have been left to Robbo who is undoubtedly talented at them.

Just a few were slightly off target but the whip he puts on the ball makes every cross that misses the first man look dangerous.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #197: Dec 12, 2017 11:44:01 am
      Again FL, I don't think he had an awful lot of defending to do though if I'm honest.

He was decent going forward, not brilliant though and I thought Milner was often taking crosses that should have been left to Robbo who is undoubtedly talented at them.

Just a few were slightly off target but the whip he puts on the ball makes every cross that misses the first man look dangerous.

Said it above Luke - no idea why Milner kept coming into that space.

I suspect the idea was to keep Robbo really wide anticipating they’d set up narrow.

Just seemed to me that Milner’s positioning blocked Mane and Robbo at times.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #198: Dec 13, 2017 09:55:13 pm
      Goodness me he looked utterly useless today. There was no danger at all coming from his wing. Still got lots to learn. I'd rather play Milner right now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #199: Dec 13, 2017 09:56:24 pm
      Goodness me he looked utterly useless today. There was no danger at all coming from his wing. Still got lots to learn. I'd rather play Milner right now.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No but really.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #200: Dec 13, 2017 11:42:23 pm
      Was afraid to put a cross in tonight, not sure why, the game was crying out for some decent whipped deliveries which he is very capable of doing. Tidy in his defensive work but on the whole, disappointing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #201: Dec 14, 2017 07:55:34 am
      I think that’s harsh Scott - though I do believe he has much more to offer.

The lack of crossing in the last two games I can only put down to instruction.

Otherwise did everything pretty competently.

As a team we were poor.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #202: Dec 14, 2017 10:26:52 am
      Most definitely our best left back. Never happy to see anyone injured but maybe the Moreno one was a blessing in disguise.

This lad has never been given a proper run of games and everytime I see him he looks the business. Was not spectacular last night but nobody was. Still think he is the man to nail down that spot.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #203: Dec 14, 2017 11:48:08 am
      Don't understand the hype myself. He put in two good crosses against Crystal Palace. What else has he done to warrant the hype he gets?

He's only played against bus parkers.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #204: Dec 14, 2017 05:58:51 pm
      He's a better footballer but I actually think Moreno's pace and energy suits us much better.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #205: Dec 14, 2017 06:33:27 pm
      He's a better footballer but I actually think Moreno's pace and energy suits us much better.

That's my initial conclusion too.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #206: Dec 14, 2017 06:36:33 pm

That's my initial conclusion too.

I think like every young player...and he is a young player he will take time; tools are there and he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

Bright future ahead but as of now Moreno is ahead.

Quick Reply