Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211339 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #322: Feb 15, 2018 01:33:10 pm
      Cult hero.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #323: Feb 15, 2018 01:48:20 pm
      His defensive work doesn't get enough credit. Not afraid to kick it out for a corner or a thrown in instead of trying something utterly stupid and nonsensical. It's no surprise that our most shambolic defensive display in recent months was the 3-2 loss to West Brom a couple of weeks back when Moreno was playing left back (and Mignolet in goal).

This.

When you need to clear it just F***ing do it and he does and I like that.

Reminds me of a non league game I saw when the winning teams manager said to his sub "all I want you to do is kick it and head it as far as you can, no trying to play if it comes your way just F***ing clear it!"
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #324: Feb 15, 2018 04:13:42 pm
      Was not sure about him when he first arrived. Could not real get a game due to Moreno, who was starting to look really decent. Then Robertson got what he needed, a chance due to an injury to Moreno... And he has progressed head over heels...

We may lose a "Tiny" bit in him going forward vs Moreno (Moreno's speed and tanasticy) but boy can he defend, and in this department beats Moreno hands down... Moreno may have the speed to get back but to often does not have the judgement not to dive in and try and win the unwinnable... Robertson is more measured in his approach and thinks about what he wants to achieve, where as Moreno reacts... On they day two solid LB, but the edge has to be with Robertson 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #325: Feb 15, 2018 11:19:09 pm
      Apart from his footballing ability, what impresses me the most about him is his speaking in his interviews, always spot on in his assessments and you can just tell his proud as F***ing punch, playing for this Club.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #326: Feb 16, 2018 01:03:03 am
      Was not sure about him when he first arrived. Could not real get a game due to Moreno, who was starting to look really decent. Then Robertson got what he needed, a chance due to an injury to Moreno... And he has progressed head over heels...

We may lose a "Tiny" bit in him going forward vs Moreno (Moreno's speed and tanasticy) but boy can he defend, and in this department beats Moreno hands down... Moreno may have the speed to get back but to often does not have the judgement not to dive in and try and win the unwinnable... Robertson is more measured in his approach and thinks about what he wants to achieve, where as Moreno reacts... On they day two solid LB, but the edge has to be with Robertson 

I genuinely cannot think of a single thing that Moreno has over Robertson. Yeah he might be faster than Robertson but that means f**k all when he time and again fails to track back to defence after an ill judged run forward. I don't think there's an edge between them. A gulf is probably more precise. As far as I'm concerned we can use in the event of Robertson being injured I'd reintroduce Nathaniel Clyne to that area than relying on Moreno. (for me Clyne can't displace Joe and TAA. Both are nailed down in right back now and both will only get better and better).
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2018 01:19:06 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #327: Feb 16, 2018 06:51:47 pm
      I genuinely cannot think of a single thing that Moreno has over Robertson. Yeah he might be faster than Robertson but that means f**k all when he time and again fails to track back to defence after an ill judged run forward. I don't think there's an edge between them. A gulf is probably more precise. As far as I'm concerned we can use in the event of Robertson being injured I'd reintroduce Nathaniel Clyne to that area than relying on Moreno. (for me Clyne can't displace Joe and TAA. Both are nailed down in right back now and both will only get better and better).
      Hate it when you make so much sense  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #328: Feb 16, 2018 07:31:14 pm
      Puts in one hell of a shift. Great to have a Scottish lad o the team again. A couple of Irish and Welsh we'll be sorted! 😁

(Yes I know there are no Irish players good enough at the minute!)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #329: Feb 16, 2018 09:44:48 pm

Agreed, itā€™s no coincidence we look so much more balanced since Moreno has gone.

Robertson is the real deal.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #330: Feb 16, 2018 10:05:03 pm

To be honest I think the more muscular presence of Moreno accelerates the impression of pace.

Iā€™ve not actually seen Robbo lose a foot race and even if heā€™s beaten by trickery he recovers so quickly (probably Bertieā€™s greatest weakness) and is back all over the opposition making life difficult.

There was a moment the other night where their fella beat him about 3 times and still couldnā€™t get shot of him.

That he seems to play entirely without personal ego is one of the most refreshing things about him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #331: Feb 16, 2018 10:05:34 pm
      Wee tramp of a ball boy tried to steal Sadioā€™s match ball, Robbo made sure it got to its rightful owner. People on twitter calling him a bad guy for taking it from the kid. Pretty sure we should be teaching children not to steal what ainā€™t theirs. Well in Robbo
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #332: Feb 16, 2018 10:56:23 pm
      Wee tramp of a ball boy tried to steal Sadioā€™s match ball, Robbo made sure it got to its rightful owner. People on twitter calling him a bad guy for taking it from the kid. Pretty sure we should be teaching children not to steal what ainā€™t theirs. Well in Robbo

Are you F***ing serious? I'm so sick of these opinionated cu*ts jumping on social media and saying sh*t like that. Get a life you cu*ts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #333: Feb 16, 2018 11:25:22 pm
      Are you F***ing serious? I'm so sick of these opinionated cu*ts jumping on social media and saying sh*t like that. Get a life you cu*ts.

Too right mate!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #334: Feb 17, 2018 10:50:54 pm
      People on Twitter complaining on Robbo taking the ball need to wake the F**k up. Instead of bitching they need to be pointing our boy out and telling their youngsters ā€œthat right there is what a good teammate doesā€. The fact that some people could turn it the other way is case and point whatā€™s wrong with society today.  :mad:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #335: Feb 24, 2018 05:49:19 pm
      Just call me president of this Cats fan club. Love this guy
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #336: Feb 24, 2018 05:57:54 pm
      A remarkable piece of business to get him for as little as we did and even more remarkable has been his ascendancy under Klopp. JĆ¼rgen clearly worked him hard in those first couple of months when he wasn't playing regularly for us. He really knows how to integrate and develop players but he can only do so with the will and determination displayed by the likes of Robertson. Still young and still learning - keep it up Andy!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #337: Feb 24, 2018 06:08:43 pm
      Think he has been brilliant recently and looks like he really plays a huge role in our defense. Things have looked brilliant since him, Karius and VVD started playing together, exciting times ahead.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #338: Feb 24, 2018 11:46:00 pm
      Was superb today, my motm. Have been so impressed with him. For a defensive point of view he is quick, tenacious, strong in the tackle and his positioning his very good. Going forward he has an incredible engine, superb delivery and you can see him developing some great chemistry with Mane and Firmino over the past few weeks. And with TAA developing very nicely on the opposite side we suddenly look very well set in the full back positions for years to come.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #339: Feb 25, 2018 08:23:05 am
      If he stays serious injury free I can this lad racking up 500+ games for Liverpool.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #340: Feb 25, 2018 09:25:20 am
      Thought he was brilliant yesterday again.

Got caught for their goal but only because he was where he should be and Emre did one of his glacier impressions and lost the ball.

Glad he got the assist afterwards to show it hadnā€™t affected his ambition/ confidence.

Said at the start of the season if he got a run heā€™d cement the lb spot.......kidā€™s making me look like Nostradamus ;)
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #341: Feb 25, 2018 09:28:36 am
      A remarkable piece of business to get him for as little as we did and even more remarkable has been his ascendancy under Klopp. JĆ¼rgen clearly worked him hard in those first couple of months when he wasn't playing regularly for us. He really knows how to integrate and develop players but he can only do so with the will and determination displayed by the likes of Robertson. Still young and still learning - keep it up Andy!
      Only Ā£8.5 million I think, we sold Hull Kevin Stewart for the same value so basically a swap, remarkable business indeed mate.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #342: Feb 25, 2018 09:41:15 am
      I can't speak for everyone else but it's great to have another Scottish lad in the side,when you think of how long our list is of Scottish legends that have pulled on the shirt for the reds.
      it's been quite some time since we had a Scottish international in our side ( think the last was stevie nicol)and the way this lad is going I can see him being added to that glorious list.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #343: Feb 25, 2018 10:04:42 am
      Thought he was brilliant yesterday again.

Got caught for their goal but only because he was where he should be and Emre did one of his glacier impressions and lost the ball.

Glad he got the assist afterwards to show it hadnā€™t affected his ambition/ confidence.

Said at the start of the season if he got a run heā€™d cement the lb spot.......kidā€™s making me look like Nostradamus ;)

Totally agree but what used to get me with Moreno, for all of his flaws, was if that was him yesterday, being caught like that, he'd have been linched when he shouldn't have. He made some howlers but it used to grind on me when he'd be incorrectly blamed for being out of position while doing what the system asked of him.

Robbo is now the number one LB and rightly so. Grown and grown into the role by the week and long may his form continue. I'm also more than happy with Moreno being a number 2 for the LB spot.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #344: Feb 25, 2018 10:10:08 am
      Totally agree but what used to get me with Moreno, for all of his flaws, was if that was him yesterday, being caught like that, he'd have been linched when he shouldn't have. He made some howlers but it used to grind on me when he'd be incorrectly blamed for being out of position while doing what the system asked of him.

Robbo is now the number one LB and rightly so. Grown and grown into the role by the week and long may his form continue. I'm also more than happy with Moreno being a number 2 for the LB spot.

Fair comment mate.

Personally - it was never the ones like yesterday that got me with Bertie. Itā€™s when he was 3-5 yards wrong side when weā€™re deeper that used to grind my gears......

Ones like yesterday will always be down to an individual error in wrong place exposing a system.

Quick Reply