Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211131 times
      Keith Singleton and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #552: Nov 11, 2018 09:17:54 pm
      Not sure he's the best in the season, it's probably Alisson for me, but he's one of the best outfield players in my book.

Alisson player of the season so far?? Is this a joke I’m not in on?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #553: Nov 12, 2018 10:25:06 am
      His first time crosses are a thing of beauty!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #554: Nov 12, 2018 11:41:55 am
      Right up there for me.

Minimum 7/10 every week.

He embodies so much of what we LFC fans love. Heart, work rate, passion, etc. This dude would fit into any era of Reds.

Anyone else think he needs to be a corner taker?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #555: Nov 12, 2018 02:05:25 pm
      He embodies so much of what we LFC fans love. Heart, work rate, passion, etc. This dude would fit into any era of Reds.

Anyone else think he needs to be a corner taker?

I think the reason he isn’t is that he’s much more defensively rounded than TAA.

If you watch - he sweeps when the big men go up.

Something needs to happen - our delivery from corners / wide free kicks has been rank this season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #556: Nov 13, 2018 01:34:24 pm
      Proper player.

Best LB in the league I'd say and I'm not sure how many in the world I'd take over him to be honest.
      Not very many at all, off the top of my head I can only think of Alex Sandro and Jordi Alba and I wonder whether they have the same discipline and consistency.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #557: Nov 13, 2018 07:35:10 pm
      Alisson player of the season so far?? Is this a joke I’m not in on?
      I am guessing you don't like Alisson very much?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #558: Nov 13, 2018 08:10:34 pm
      I am guessing you don't like Alisson very much?

The conversation for best player this year begins and ends with Van Dijk. i guess you don't like Virgil much?

Our defense this year (sans Arnold's few patchy moments) has been superb and the reason why in so many games Alisson might as well have brought a chair and a book to pass the time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #559: Nov 13, 2018 08:13:17 pm
      He’s what people thought Clyne was a couple years back (when he really wasn’t). Always a 7+/10.

Love him. Genuinely wouldn’t trade him for anyone when you take in to account his personality and quality.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #560: Nov 13, 2018 10:44:42 pm
      Oh Andy Andy.......
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #561: Nov 14, 2018 10:35:52 am
      The conversation for best player this year begins and ends with Van Dijk. i guess you don't like Virgil much?

Our defense this year (sans Arnold's few patchy moments) has been superb and the reason why in so many games Alisson might as well have brought a chair and a book to pass the time.
      Van Dijk and Robertson have been immense, I can understand if people say player of the season so far. When I said Alisson was my player of the season you made a comment to suggest my post was a joke, which means you think Alisson has been bad. I never made such comments regarding Dijk or Robertson in regards to their quality this season. Your comments regarding Alisson insist he has done nothing, but you can't be more wrong. This chair analogy is utterly disgraceful. Even rivals can see how good he has been, which means you clearly no nothing about football. Maybe you should watch Rugby or Basketball, no goalkeepers in that. If we still had Mignolet as number one we would be in Arsenal or United's position. If you look at the stats, Alission saved the majority of shots at him. A quality keeper stays alert after spells of having little to do, Mignolet would have fell asleep and we would have lost games we drew and drew games we narrowly won. You have know idea how good Alisson is if you are going to come out with ridiculous chair comments, Alisson has been  one of the best keepers in the league this season. Additionally you have no idea how much more better the defence performs around a good keeper, it gives them the confidence to play to potential instead of flapping around panicking. I've not even talked about his top quality distribution either, he's been a breath of fresh air.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2018 10:41:09 am by Ribapuru »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #562: Nov 14, 2018 11:09:47 am

I'm still forming an opinion on him. Been disappointed so far
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #563: Nov 14, 2018 11:46:29 am

I'm still forming an opinion on him. Been disappointed so far
      Not sure if you mean Van Dijk or Alisson there, but personally I am satisfied with both.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #564: Nov 14, 2018 02:02:24 pm
      That cross for the Shaqiri goal.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #565: Nov 14, 2018 03:30:47 pm
      Not sure if you mean Van Dijk or Alisson there, but personally I am satisfied with both.

Alisson. What has he done that has massively impressed you?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #566: Nov 14, 2018 04:14:35 pm

Not being impressed and being disappointed are 2 different things, no?

Ignoring the price tag for a moment as it was not his doing, he has brought solidity and stability to the position while also providing good distribution, so there is nothing to be disappointed about. Saying you are not impressed is something i am more in agreement of. He enjoys a much quieter time due to our fantastic team defense but late in the game when we need to kill it off i am not convinced he'll be the shut down guy his price tag suggests we should be getting. We saw it with Mbappe's goal in the 83rd minute, or Lamela's in the 93rd, or Arsenal's in the 82nd where his indecisiveness costs us the 2 points. Because of his price tag he's measured to a higher standard and he's not there yet.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #567: Nov 14, 2018 04:47:40 pm

* Quick off his line
      * Distribution excellent
      * Sound fundamentally
      * Number of exceptional 1on1s
      * Record low no goals conceded prem league era to date
      * Physically imposing

Not bad for starters......but if you need more that’s cool, we’re all different.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #568: Nov 14, 2018 05:22:00 pm
      * Quick off his line
      * Distribution excellent
      * Sound fundamentally
      * Number of exceptional 1on1s
      * Record low no goals conceded prem league era to date
      * Physically imposing

Not bad for starters......but if you need more that’s cool, we’re all different.
      Yep, agree with all that. His ability in 1v1 situations has particularly impressed me - a few saves spring to mind although I’d be lying if I said I could name names with any conviction. I’m sure there were a few against Arsenal the other week and one particular save against Hazard (maybe) where he made up a few yards just as the the player was setting himself for the shot, narrowed the angle and got a big Brazilian paw on it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #569: Nov 14, 2018 07:18:20 pm
       :mad: This guys thread.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #570: Nov 15, 2018 07:38:51 am

Ignoring the price tag for a moment as it was not his doing, he has brought solidity and stability to the position while also providing good distribution, so there is nothing to be disappointed about. Saying you are not impressed is something i am more in agreement of. He enjoys a much quieter time due to our fantastic team defense but late in the game when we need to kill it off i am not convinced he'll be the shut down guy his price tag suggests we should be getting. We saw it with Mbappe's goal in the 83rd minute, or Lamela's in the 93rd, or Arsenal's in the 82nd where his indecisiveness costs us the 2 points. Because of his price tag he's measured to a higher standard and he's not there yet.

;D.

By that case, Karius' CL blunder would've made you a fan of him because he cost around 4 mil?

Talk about some biased sh*t!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #571: Nov 15, 2018 08:47:23 am

None of those are goalkeeper errors - they’re bad goals lost. Which isn’t the same thing.

Anyhow.......Robbo. He’s magic isn’t he 🔥🔥✌️
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #572: Nov 15, 2018 09:20:09 am
      He is a genuine asset to the side, in my view.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #573: Nov 15, 2018 09:48:09 am
      Assist of the season contender, it couldn’t have been any more perfect that delivery.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #574: Nov 15, 2018 10:44:14 am
      Can't get my head around the low wages this kid us on...& apparently the club won't discuss an improved contract till season ends..

Quick Reply