Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211218 times
      LFCbronx, leosc and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #575: Nov 15, 2018 11:32:32 am
      Can't get my head around the low wages this kid us on...& apparently the club won't discuss an improved contract till season ends..

I know that is odd mate.

The way heā€™s playing we need to be really careful......lot of clubs would pay top dollar for that mix of creativity and solidity.

We all worry about losing the front three - I worry about guys like this........
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #576: Nov 15, 2018 11:38:31 am
      I know that is odd mate.

The way heā€™s playing we need to be really careful......lot of clubs would pay top dollar for that mix of creativity and solidity.

We all worry about losing the front three - I worry about guys like this........

Absaloutley, I do not like how the club operate in situations like Andy's...Yet they want to offer Moreno a new deal?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #577: Nov 15, 2018 12:19:31 pm
      I know that is odd mate.

Absolutely. Pay the man!!

If Gomez is up for a new contract, surely Andy is as well.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #578: Nov 15, 2018 02:14:44 pm
      Assist of the season contender, it couldnā€™t have been any more perfect that delivery.
      Not sure how itā€™s went under the radar so much, it was a stunning delivery. Donā€™t think the folk on match of the day even acknowledged it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #579: Nov 24, 2018 05:05:50 pm
      The way he bombs up and down with the deliveries he puts in he is starting to remind me of the great Roberto Carlos.

There you go.

Roberto is Bobby.

Robertson can be Roberto.

See what I did there ?   :roll:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #580: Nov 24, 2018 06:18:03 pm
      Lucky to get away with that penalty shout today, honestly thought he made contact, but I suppose that's the luck we've been missing the last few years.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #581: Nov 24, 2018 06:22:40 pm
      Was having a quiet giggle after he went down the left for our third, and the Watford defender tried to take him out, but he just skipped over him.

He's rapidly turning into one of my favourite players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #582: Nov 24, 2018 06:29:22 pm
      Lucky to get away with that penalty shout today, honestly thought he made contact, but I suppose that's the luck we've been missing the last few years.

Bah - Jon Moss isn't it? Owes us a hell of a lot more after that horrendous display against Spurs back in February
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #583: Nov 24, 2018 06:45:15 pm

Surely if no contact is made there then Hughes has to be booked?! At first I thought it was a stone wall penalty but on the replay you can see Hughes was clearly looking for it. Either way the ref has messed up, either by giving a penalty for a dive or not booking the player for diving.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #584: Nov 24, 2018 06:49:47 pm
      Surely if no contact is made there then Hughes has to be booked?! At first I thought it was a stone wall penalty but on the replay you can see Hughes was clearly looking for it. Either way the ref has messed up, either by giving a penalty for a dive or not booking the player for diving.

I honestly thought he caught Hughes on the shin, possibly with the slightest of touches from his studs, but that's the fine margins!

Seems to be another one of those rules that's been forgotten by refs.

As frankly has said, this is Jon Moss we are talking about ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #585: Nov 24, 2018 09:54:29 pm
      I honestly thought he caught Hughes on the shin, possibly with the slightest of touches from his studs, but that's the fine margins!

Seems to be another one of those rules that's been forgotten by refs.

As frankly has said, this is Jon Moss we are talking about ;)

Replays show no contact and that, that c**t dived.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #586: Nov 25, 2018 12:12:00 am
      From the bits and bobs Iā€™ve seen of the game looks like Robbo was outstanding yet again. What a buy this lad has been. Weā€™ve went from calamity Alberto to probably just about the best all round LB in the league in 12 months. Massive credit all round, just hope he stays fit and fresh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #587: Nov 25, 2018 10:55:24 am
      From the bits and bobs Iā€™ve seen of the game looks like Robbo was outstanding yet again. What a buy this lad has been. Weā€™ve went from calamity Alberto to probably just about the best all round LB in the league in 12 months. Massive credit all round, just hope he stays fit and fresh.

First half he wasnā€™t good enough, simple as that. Spent a lot of time just kicking the ball out of play or not controlling the ball. Not to mention he was lucky to not have a penalty awarded against him. He got better as the game went on in the 2nd half but for the prior 80mins, I think he would himself admit he wasnā€™t his usual standard.
      No surprise though, Klopp said he had just come back from 2 intensive international games.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #588: Nov 25, 2018 11:18:05 am
      First half he wasnā€™t good enough, simple as that. Spent a lot of time just kicking the ball out of play or not controlling the ball. Not to mention he was lucky to not have a penalty awarded against him. He got better as the game went on in the 2nd half but for the prior 80mins, I think he would himself admit he wasnā€™t his usual standard.
      No surprise though, Klopp said he had just come back from 2 intensive international games.

Funny how we all see it different.

I went for Mo for Motm (crucial goal and never stopped) just pipping Robbo.

Thought he was decent first half excellent 2nd and - whilst I think he got a little lucky not to make contact - he was smart enough to pull outta the challenge.

Always fascinated me how differently we see it.

Edit: my stream was proper sh*te btw ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #589: Nov 25, 2018 11:24:14 am
      Funny how we all see it different.

I went for Mo for Motm (crucial goal and never stopped) just pipping Robbo.

Thought he was decent first half excellent 2nd and - whilst I think he got a little lucky not to make contact - he was smart enough to pull outta the challenge.

Always fascinated me how differently we see it.

Edit: my stream was proper sh*te btw ;)

Well my stream wasnā€™t great and I was watching the game at 1am thanks to being upside down in the world at the moment :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #590: Nov 25, 2018 11:29:03 am
      Well my stream wasnā€™t great and I was watching the game at 1am thanks to being upside down in the world at the moment :laugh:

Where are you mate?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #591: Nov 25, 2018 11:35:02 am
      he said upside down, so either Australia or that creepy place in stranger things.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #592: Nov 25, 2018 11:53:06 am
      he said upside down, so either Australia or that creepy place in stranger things.

Is there a time difference in the creepy place? If not heā€™d have to be in Australian creepy place......?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #593: Nov 25, 2018 01:24:31 pm

Cairns...itā€™s pretty warm, not gunna lie!

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #594: Nov 25, 2018 02:50:17 pm
      Cairns...itā€™s pretty warm, not gunna lie!

Really green as well though is it not - like a weird micro climate? Remember watching a documentary few years ago.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #595: Nov 28, 2018 02:11:34 pm
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp has sounded an Andy Robertson warning.

The Scotland captainā€™s Liverpool career truly sprung to life almost 12 months ago, when an injury setback for Alberto Moreno allowed the former Hull City left-back to break into the first team.

It was a chance Robertson clenched with both hands and has never let go of. Of the 52 competitive games the Reds have played since the beginning of December 2017, the No.26 started 43.

Another marauding display at Watford on Saturday saw the 24-year-old defy the 89 minutes of action in his legs to launch a phenomenal counter-attack that led to a third, and victory-sealing, goal for Roberto Firmino.

Ask Klopp, though, and there is more to come from Robertson. Much more.

ā€œI donā€™t compare seasons, to be honest, but Iā€™ve known Robbo now for one-and-a-half years and I feel that heā€™s at 75 per cent ā€“ maybe less ā€“ of what he can do,ā€ the boss told Liverpoolfc.com.

ā€œThereā€™s a lot of potential still. But itā€™s all good. He improved a lot but there is still a lot to come, he is still a young fella. Thereā€™s enough time for that.

ā€œIn specific games he is outstanding; sometimes he is not as much involved as we want him to be. The full-backs in whatever system we play have an unbelievably important role, not only in defending but especially in attacking.

ā€œItā€™s normal that he expects more from himself and I expect more because itā€™s obvious there is still a lot to come.ā€

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/327149-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-andy-robertson-liverpool?fbclid=IwAR2zHboY_FzQaW3b5OrKWMknrvLgR5E_PxtK2Ppm95Q_r72u_NNEXIcFy0o

Really good to see this, and that Klopp believes the lad will only get better and better.

To me, Robertson is a bit of a throwback.
      He's not a a player who was sheltered and mollycoddled from a young age with a path laid out for him, he came up the old school way, learning his trade in lower leagues and making a series of steps up as he improved, which to me, is as it should be.

With any luck, he's here for another 8-10 years, and retires as a club legend.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #596: Nov 28, 2018 03:03:13 pm
      I don't think JĆ¼rgen has got this motivation stuff quite right aren't you supposed to say the players are all crap and that if it wasn't for the manager they would never win a game.
      Young Andy is doing so well and it clear to anyone who looks at him he is making constant improvement in all aspects of his game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #597: Nov 28, 2018 10:57:53 pm
      He didn't get the ball in the first half. In the 2nd, he got it a hell of a lot and we looked so much better attacking down his side.

Quick Reply