Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211273 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #713: Jan 18, 2019 01:23:56 pm
      Proper old school player who came up the hard way and learned his trade.

Great news, and here's hoping he's here for the next 10 years.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #714: Jan 18, 2019 01:24:48 pm
      It's very easy to look back and say "I told you so" but if you want a laugh, have a read through the first few pages of this thread and some of the negative comments banded about. :D Has to be said, most are from the usuals!!
      No surprises there mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #715: Jan 18, 2019 06:31:51 pm
      One of those signings where I just think at the end of the season we'll be thinking we've stolen this kid from Hull for ÂŁ10million.

Called it
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #716: Jan 18, 2019 11:19:21 pm
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #717: Jan 19, 2019 08:39:44 am
      This lad has got the lot for me & more than deserved,tremendous news.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #718: Jan 22, 2019 01:22:04 pm
      confession time

I thought he was an average fullback at the beginning and I thought he was a poor man's Finnan. I thought he won't give us the extra quality we need and just looked athletic to me

then I got this served straight to my face in full force

He is better than what we've had since Houllier days (heck even roy evans days), I mean Aurelio to me was better than Riise (when Aurelio was fit) but Robertson is just a level above them in everything. Aurelio probably is better technically in some areas, but not so much that Robertson is just way better than him in everything else.

We've had some sh*te LBs coming through our team in the past 15 years like Dossena, Konchesky (Wtf did we do?), Aly Cissokho, Traore, etc... so thank god we got this one right and Kudos to Edwards, the scouting team and Klopp for getting this signing right because for 8m he is the bargain of Klopp's era the same way Hyypia was the bargain of Houllier's era when we got him for a measly 3.4m.

I'm so glad he got a new contract, deserved big time and wonderful news all together!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #719: Jan 22, 2019 10:40:25 pm
      I hope he starts scoring some more just to add that final bow to his game, but I F***ing love him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #720: Jan 23, 2019 07:42:59 am
      confession time

I thought he was an average fullback at the beginning and I thought he was a poor man's Finnan. I thought he won't give us the extra quality we need and just looked athletic to me

then I got this served straight to my face in full force

He is better than what we've had since Houllier days (heck even roy evans days), I mean Aurelio to me was better than Riise (when Aurelio was fit) but Robertson is just a level above them in everything. Aurelio probably is better technically in some areas, but not so much that Robertson is just way better than him in everything else.

We've had some sh*te LBs coming through our team in the past 15 years like Dossena, Konchesky (Wtf did we do?), Aly Cissokho, Traore, etc... so thank god we got this one right and Kudos to Edwards, the scouting team and Klopp for getting this signing right because for 8m he is the bargain of Klopp's era the same way Hyypia was the bargain of Houllier's era when we got him for a measly 3.4m.

I'm so glad he got a new contract, deserved big time and wonderful news all together!

Sorry but no way was Aurelio or Riise better at LB than Robertson. The only little thing Robertson needs to improve on is scoring goals but even that really isn't a big concern when he is racking up so many assists.
      Defensively and coming forwards he is absolutely top class.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #721: Jan 23, 2019 07:51:57 am
      Sorry but no way was Aurelio or Riise better at LB than Robertson. The only little thing Robertson needs to improve on is scoring goals but even that really isn't a big concern when he is racking up so many assists.

I’m going as far to say he’s the best left back we’ve had since the formation of the premier league.

Any team in world football would have him.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #722: Jan 24, 2019 02:25:18 pm

I didn't say Aurelio or Riise were better at LB than Robertson. Aurelio probably was better than him in certain areas such as set pieces, but that's about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #723: Feb 05, 2019 11:28:13 am
      Has been so good all season so it’s harsh to critisize his last two performances but he needs to be more patient and not get frustrated.

The number of times he lifted a cross into the box or as Big Sam would say “got it into the mixer”, complete waste of time with the likes of Salah as our forward.

Just recycle and go again, there again we lost the ball so often we never really built any pressure on W Ham.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #724: Feb 05, 2019 01:38:16 pm
      Has been so good all season so it’s harsh to critisize his last two performances but he needs to be more patient and not get frustrated.

The number of times he lifted a cross into the box or as Big Sam would say “got it into the mixer”, complete waste of time with the likes of Salah as our forward.

Just recycle and go again, there again we lost the ball so often we never really built any pressure on W Ham.

I agree, his final ball needs some work and also I'd like to see him having a shot himself a bit more often, but he really is a wonderful FB who will just get better and better, same as Trent, we just need some good understudies for them both now.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #725: Feb 11, 2019 11:29:21 am
      Flew under the radar a little bit on Saturday but a typical Robertson performance. Great assist for Gini’s goal and no hint of the fatigue he was talking about the other day.

I see old Garth Crooks said he’s the best PL left back since Ashley Cole.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #726: Feb 16, 2019 09:05:56 am
      Ladies and gentlemen - I give you the negative side of fitba twitter. Attention seeking whores who will literally put anything out there presented as “analysis”.........

https://twitter.com/honzarihaftbl/status/1096459521294286848?s=21
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #727: Feb 16, 2019 09:20:49 am
      Ladies and gentlemen - I give you the negative side of fitba twitter. Attention seeking whores who will literally put anything out there presented as “analysis”.........

Everyone is an expert on everything these days
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #728: Feb 16, 2019 09:30:31 am
      Everyone is an expert on everything these days

I know.

Annoying for those of us who are mate isn’t it.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #729: Feb 17, 2019 03:29:21 am
      I know.

Annoying for those of us who are mate isn’t it.

If only he was theirs, then he would be best left back in the league again.  :dunceblock:

Desperate bunch ;D.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #730: Feb 17, 2019 05:30:18 pm

If your existence depends solely upon the medium of twitter then you have no real existence at all and no claim to be an expert in anything. This guy is a perfect example of such fraudulent lifestyles. Charlatan may come to mind, but that word doesn't do morons like these justice. He calls himself a 'freelance scout'. In other words, an amateur (who probably only watches 3 minute highlight reels) who's not good enough to be employed by even a Sunday league club.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #731: Feb 18, 2019 08:54:32 am

Not this season but nonetheless

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #732: Feb 20, 2019 07:52:27 pm
      Rinsed by Gnabry far too easily and was poor on the other end too. Needs to be back on it on Sunday.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #733: Feb 20, 2019 08:02:26 pm
      Rinsed by Gnabry far too easily and was poor on the other end too. Needs to be back on it on Sunday.

Agree he struggled last night - they made a conscious decision to double up on both our fb knowing that only Hendo was covering from the middle.

Bad night and yet he still did some good stuff. That’s not a bad way to go. TAA suffered too but more play down their right.

I’d like to see him pull the trigger once in a while rather than squaring all the time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #734: Feb 20, 2019 08:09:47 pm
      Agree he struggled last night - they made a conscious decision to double up on both our fb knowing that only Hendo was covering from the middle.

Bad night and yet he still did some good stuff. That’s not a bad way to go. TAA suffered too but more play down their right.

I’d like to see him pull the trigger once in a while rather than squaring all the time.

The midfielders get a break regularly and Trent with his injury but full backs have to cover just as much if not more than midfielders and this guy has barely missed a game!

A bit unfair really in that that he must be a bit if not physically then mentally tired.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #735: Feb 20, 2019 08:20:29 pm

Yeah agree.

Sure he will be back to his best on Sunday.

Quick Reply