Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211424 times
      Don77 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #805: Aug 26, 2019 10:50:50 am
      He was excellent against arsenal
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #806: Aug 26, 2019 02:08:13 pm

That swing and miss after the Hendo poor backpass that had Pepe running on goal was Moreno-esque. Pepe fooled him completely and luckily the ball was too close to his feet and he could not get a better angle.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #807: Aug 26, 2019 02:31:52 pm
      I thought he was great personally. Should have had an assist when Mo missed the header in the second half as well.

Had a very strong game, especially going forward.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #808: Aug 26, 2019 02:41:31 pm
      That swing and miss after the Hendo poor backpass that had Pepe running on goal was Moreno-esque. Pepe fooled him completely and luckily the ball was too close to his feet and he could not get a better angle.

Good players are allowed to have good moments. If you're a full back in this team every now and again when your pelting back full speed you liable to be taken on.

Pepe done him, fair play. He went on to miss.

Robbo had a strong game. Hes an excellent player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #809: Sep 06, 2019 09:39:21 pm
      Getting all kinds of shade thrown at him by Scotland fans on twitter tonight many of whom are Celtic supporters bizarrely...quite what their problem is who knows.

I fast come to the conclusion that all supporters of national teams are just f**king wankers. F**k me - at least the Scottish rugby fans know how to enjoy themselves unlike those miserable cu*ts at Hampden.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #810: Sep 15, 2019 08:55:00 am
      Just watched the game (FINALLY)
      Andy was boss. Broke up their attack, created so many chances, and got his assist in true Robbo style. I love this kid.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #811: Sep 16, 2019 12:16:12 am
      and Steve Fat Head Bruce was grimacing everytime  Robbo flew past him ...... as he had signed him at Hull.

At least he didn;t say anything about Robbo zooming past him .....  he didn;t want to get the sack after Maureen spoke out how awesome Robbo was !!!! ;D

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #812: Sep 16, 2019 02:20:04 am
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/15/andy-robertson-finds-sanctuary-inspiring-liverpool-scotland/

Good article from Chris Bascombe on how down Robbo was after the Scotland matches (and over-the-top criticism) and how much sanctuary he finds with Liverpool.

Klopp made a point to defend him to the Scots fans as well. Not sure where that is heading but I"m glad he plays for us and I'm sure he knows how beloved he is on Merseyside.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #813: Sep 17, 2019 10:05:46 pm
      The guy just never gets a break, so can understand him flicking his leg out ( although he did get the ball).

Needs a back up so can catch his breath once in a while.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #814: Sep 17, 2019 10:11:47 pm
      Cant flick out in the box I'm afraid. Hes better than that, but I sincerely hope he gets his head back up and learns from it.

The front 3 made mistake after mistake, Robbo makes one and we lose the game.

Dont flick out in the box though lad! Not in this competition because its littered with divers.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #815: Sep 17, 2019 11:00:14 pm
      Robertson with a poor showing tonight and would like to see him get a break.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #816: Sep 17, 2019 11:01:32 pm
      Cant flick out in the box I'm afraid. Hes better than that, but I sincerely hope he gets his head back up and learns from it.

The front 3 made mistake after mistake, Robbo makes one and we lose the game.

Dont flick out in the box though lad! Not in this competition because its littered with divers.

You could say he made 2. While the 2nd goal may be harsh to put on him, had he kept running and now slowed down thinking Adrian had it i think he would have stopped the Napoli player from scoring.

The yellow was also a rookie mistake. Such an obvious shirt pull is going to get you a yellow.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #817: Sep 18, 2019 10:27:03 am
      Robertson with a poor showing tonight and would like to see him get a break.

Disagree on the goals and overall. I thought he'd a decent game.

The 2nd is down to Virgil the rest is just collective panic. The penalty wasn't - he got a touch on the ball first.

Agree on the yellow and tbh for a guy with his pace he does it too often.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #818: Sep 18, 2019 12:23:57 pm
      Disagree on the goals and overall. I thought he'd a decent game.

The 2nd is down to Virgil the rest is just collective panic. The penalty wasn't - he got a touch on the ball first.

Agree on the yellow and tbh for a guy with his pace he does it too often.

Agreed.

Robertson has got away with a few of those lunges since he's been with us, mostly in his early days.
      Last night he was penalised for it, however unfairly, so I guess it evens out a bit.
      No big deal, just the way footy goes.

Still a cracking player.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #819: Sep 18, 2019 12:35:37 pm
      If it's true then the lad felt the need to deactivate his twitter account because of the abuse he received after last night then the game has plumbed the depths. You can count the bad games and mistakes on one hand yet nothing is ever good enough for some absolute morons. Laughed at a lot of the sh*t aimed at him from Scotland fans but now our own abusing him ? Absolute braindead arseholes
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #820: Sep 18, 2019 04:03:04 pm
      If it's true then the lad felt the need to deactivate his twitter account because of the abuse he received after last night then the game has plumbed the depths. You can count the bad games and mistakes on one hand yet nothing is ever good enough for some absolute morons. Laughed at a lot of the sh*t aimed at him from Scotland fans but now our own abusing him ? Absolute braindead arseholes

Really? For something that was given against him that wasn't even something! Jesus! Probably for the best to come off of that tripe if that is the level of what some wankers are on it.

He has been close to perfection so god help the average players  :o
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #821: Sep 18, 2019 05:28:47 pm
      Think it’s all conjecture if I’m honest. Don’t believe there is a shred of evidence to say it’s because of abuse that he has got. Not that I would put it past 1 or 2 fans but I’d hardly expect there is any sizeable amount of Liverpool supporters that do not recognise how consistent this guy has been.

Click bait I believe they call it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #822: Sep 19, 2019 02:13:11 am
      He F***ing got the Ball...the c**t then kicked him in the leg and fell down like a piece of sh*t just like he did all match.

How the F**k is Andy copping all this abuse and now shutting down his social media accounts because of F***ing trolls!!!!

I repeat ...HE CLEARLY GOT THE BALL..... what the F**k is the point of having VAR???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #823: Sep 19, 2019 09:33:27 am
      Robbo has not had the best start to this season, I wouldn't mind if we get another LB to give him some competition.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #824: Sep 19, 2019 10:09:59 am
      He f**king got the Ball...the c**t then kicked him in the leg and fell down like a piece of sh*t just like he did all match.

How the f**k is Andy copping all this abuse and now shutting down his social media accounts because of f**king trolls!!!!

I repeat ...HE CLEARLY GOT THE BALL..... what the f**k is the point of having VAR???
      Even if he had clearly fouled the guy, any c**t giving one of our top players abuse on social f***ing media needs a tw***ing!!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #825: Sep 19, 2019 11:15:39 am
      Great decision Robbo!
      Deactivating the social media account is the best thing that can happen to any human being.

From being a "leading" left back, Robbo is going to become the best left back in Europe.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #826: Sep 19, 2019 02:59:00 pm
      Pity that Robbo is getting abused on social media after the Napoli match.
      And if it's LFC fans doing the abusing, then they need their heads examined.
      Robbo has been a super signing for us, a bargain who would now make it into most peoples PL selection starting XI.

But don't think this is anything unusual anymore, when you look at any celebrity, politian etc. - they all get abuse. If you're in the public eye, guess you need to accept it's going to happen at some stage, and decide if you want to put up with it or not.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #827: Sep 19, 2019 03:32:01 pm
      Robbo has not had the best start to this season, I wouldn't mind if we get another LB to give him some competition.

In what way is his start to the season not a good one?

Quick Reply