Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211106 times
      Keith Singleton and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #920: Dec 24, 2019 06:52:36 am
      I always liked this kind of players, tough but not dirty, just tough, a real enforcer, every team should have one.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #921: Dec 24, 2019 10:00:28 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcWERd1bUo

He's Andy Robbo, different from the rest,
      Terrifying wingers and he's always at his best,
      He is our left-back, he's the nightmare in your dreams,
      remind us that this game is just as easy as it seems

He's Andy Robbo

No happy endings when your centre forwards through,
      Coz he is Andy Robbo and he'll leave you black and blue,
      We F***ing love him, he gets underneath your skin,
      and when he plays the blue sh*te he will leave the elbow in

He's Andy Robbo

He's Andy Robboh-oh-oh-oh
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #922: Dec 24, 2019 10:55:31 am
      For the record. Flamengo v. Liverpool CWC Final Sat 21st Dec 17:30
      https://youtu.be/C0loKtUQvAA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #923: Dec 24, 2019 10:53:48 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #924: Jan 12, 2020 11:06:05 pm
      Did a little petulant kick out in the Spurs game that's becoming a little bit of a theme to his game. Was something of nothing but was off the ball and I think it's something he needs to phase out of his game a little.

I like the lads fire, but just something to be wary about, especially in Europe.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #925: Jan 12, 2020 11:28:25 pm
      He's a bit out of form lately, showing a rather silly petulant side as well, might be worth getting some good LB competition in the summer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #926: Jan 14, 2020 08:03:08 pm
      He's a bit out of form lately, showing a rather silly petulant side as well, might be worth getting some good LB competition in the summer.

I said the same in to my brother while watching the Spurs game, wonder if he is carrying an injury
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #927: Feb 01, 2020 06:55:17 pm
      Much better performances this week. I believe he will benefit from the break this week as much as anyone
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #928: Feb 04, 2020 03:28:29 am
      Much better performances this week. I believe he will benefit from the break this week as much as anyone
      Yeah. I was wondering if he's got an injury or is just suffering from fixture congestion.  I noticed he was not playing well and seemed to be off a step. Hopefully he can get some rest before the Madrid matches. I love his fire and attitude. That replay of Robertson smashing Messi into the Anfield turf is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He seems to be the Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko for the starting 11 almost an enforcer. Hopefully he doesn't go crazy and pick up a red.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #929: Feb 04, 2020 04:29:32 pm
      Yeah. I was wondering if he's got an injury or is just suffering from fixture congestion.  I noticed he was not playing well and seemed to be off a step. Hopefully he can get some rest before the Madrid matches. I love his fire and attitude. That replay of Robertson smashing Messi into the Anfield turf is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He seems to be the Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko for the starting 11 almost an enforcer. Hopefully he doesn't go crazy and pick up a red.

Yeh will be very important in the Madrid game.  Him and Mane are the go to players when we need to be shrewd in getting decisions.  Most of our team are too fair.  And expect them to try and cheat at every given opportunity.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #930: Feb 04, 2020 06:27:53 pm

Looks a bit knackered to me.

It seems to me that when he's tired, he's not quite "on it".

A few loose passes, a little slow to turn.
      Nothing major, but not up to his usual level.

Even then, he's still quality.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #931: Feb 04, 2020 08:14:57 pm
      Said for a while he looks nothing like how he was playing the start of the season, hopefully the break will do him good
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #932: Feb 04, 2020 10:37:20 pm
      I think its testimony to how high his levels are that 2 or 3 slightly sub par performances stick out.

For me hes still had very good moments (plus the odd sloppy ones)......just hasnt stamped himself as 8/10 like his usual residual level.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #933: Feb 04, 2020 10:44:09 pm
      I think its testimony to how high his levels are that 2 or 3 slightly sub par performances stick out.

For me hes still had very good moments (plus the odd sloppy ones)......just hasnt stamped himself as 8/10 like his usual residual level.

these lads are not robots and the mental side of the game the concentration they need to play at this level is immense so when JĆ¼rgen sticks to his guns over the break you know he feels it is essential. Andy is for me so important because he is a Scot and a great Liverpool side needs a Scot in it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #934: Feb 13, 2020 10:04:28 pm
      Andy has played 60 out of the last 63 EPL games and 17 out of the last 19 CL playing many of them with an injury since last November. If you could bottle his work ethic and energy you could make a fortune.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #935: Feb 16, 2020 04:44:49 am
      Andy has played 60 out of the last 63 EPL games and 17 out of the last 19 CL playing many of them with an injury since last November. If you could bottle his work ethic and energy you could make a fortune.

He looked good and fresh today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #936: Feb 16, 2020 08:39:17 pm
      Looked in ripping nick.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #937: May 08, 2020 02:34:01 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52576672

Andrew Robertson and his Liverpool team-mates should have been celebrating a first Premier League title by now - instead they've been in lockdown with the rest of us.

So how has the left-back been spending his time while waiting for football to return? Just like the rest of us, as it turns out.

He's had countless Zoom chats, he's dug a hole in the garden, he's started to paint the fence and left it in a mess. All reassuringly normal.

To escape domestic deadlock, the Scotland captain joined That Peter Crouch Podcast this week - following on from previous guests including Kasper Schmeichel, Ben Foster and Andre Marriner - to talk all things JĆ¼rgen Klopp, disrespecting Lionel Messi and partying until 6am with Kenny Dalglishā€¦

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1256884290580815872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1256884290580815872&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F52576672

'It's disrespectful to the best player who's ever played the gameā€¦.'

Robertson picked up an injury during the first half of last season's incredible comeback win over Barcelona - but still produced one of the highlights when he gave Lionel Messi a little push in the head after an early challenge.

What was that all about?

"I sometimes play as a fan and not as a professional footballer, which is maybe my downfall at times," Robertson says.

"Me and Fabinho were tracking Messi back and we both ended up on the ground and I just ruffled his hair a bit. He wasn't too happy and it's something I wouldn't do again, that's for sure!

"It's disrespectful to the best player who's ever played the game. That match, I've never seen a changing room so pumped up. I don't know what came over me.

"I do regret it but it's something everyone always mentions to me. I wasn't thinking! In the Nou Camp in the first leg I thought I dealt with him as well as I could have but he still walked off with two goals in a 3-0 win and all everyone is talking about is Messi.

"He's the best player ever to play the game in my opinion. There was a moment when he knocked it by two of our midfielders in the first few minutes at the Nou Camp and he was running directly at me and I was thinking 'oh right, this guy's serious'. He's coming at me now.

"The stuff he does with his feet is just frightening. You can't see, you need to guess at times to defend against him."

Come on Kenny, we've a plane to catchā€¦

After defeat in the 2018 Champions League final, Robertson and Liverpool beat Tottenham in Madrid last year. So how big was the night out afterwards?

"All of a sudden the lights came on and it was 6am," Robertson remembers.

"I was talking to Kenny Dalglish, he was getting ushered away by his wife because they had a flight to catch. Me and Adam Lallana stayed up because our wake-up call was half eight so it was pointless going to sleep.

"We had our friends and families there - it was an amazing night. It was a very different feeling to the year before!

"We never had a party in Kiev, just flew straight back and I never got the silver medal out of the drawer until the day after winning in Madrid. That was the first time I looked at it.

"It wasn't until the Monday night, after the parade, that everything came out. I was really emotional, texting all the players, texting all the staff."

Whatever we do, we do 100%...

If you're a football fan then it's hard not to love JĆ¼rgen Klopp - but what is the Liverpool manager really like?

"He says whatever you do, do it 100%. We train 100%, we play 100%, we party 100%. You saw that when he was on the bus during the parade!

"Some managers put on a front for the cameras, but what you see is what you get with him. What you see in press conferences is exactly what he's like.

"One of his biggest strengths is dealing with people. Some managers treat every player the same and if you don't like it, tough. But he adapts to different situations, different players.

"He knows the people who need an arm around them, knows those who need tough love. He does everything for you, he's a father figure and if you let him down you don't want to look him in the eye."

'I ended up on lingerieā€¦'

Robertson may be one of the best full-backs in the world - even if he says team-mate Trent Alexander-Arnold is the best - but he didn't have a typical route into the game.

As a teenager struggling to make the grade at Queen's Park he had a satisfyingly normal weekend job.

"I was on the checkouts at M&S. My mates got discounts on Percy Pigs so they were delighted.

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1211620517259681792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211620517259681792&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F52576672

"That was my start, my first job, I was just trying to get some money as I was turning 18 in the March and nights out started to happen so I needed to get some money in the bank.

"I was still at school, I was working evenings and weekends. I needed some money to get on the plane to Malia with my boys.

"I actually did a couple of shifts on women's lingerie - they were short on staff and I got flung up there. I didn't really think about football then. I certainly didn't think I'd be playing for Liverpool."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #938: May 09, 2020 03:13:53 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52576672

Andrew Robertson and his Liverpool team-mates should have been celebrating a first Premier League title by now - instead they've been in lockdown with the rest of us.

So how has the left-back been spending his time while waiting for football to return? Just like the rest of us, as it turns out.

He's had countless Zoom chats, he's dug a hole in the garden, he's started to paint the fence and left it in a mess. All reassuringly normal.

To escape domestic deadlock, the Scotland captain joined That Peter Crouch Podcast this week - following on from previous guests including Kasper Schmeichel, Ben Foster and Andre Marriner - to talk all things JĆ¼rgen Klopp, disrespecting Lionel Messi and partying until 6am with Kenny Dalglishā€¦

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1256884290580815872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1256884290580815872&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F52576672

'It's disrespectful to the best player who's ever played the gameā€¦.'

Robertson picked up an injury during the first half of last season's incredible comeback win over Barcelona - but still produced one of the highlights when he gave Lionel Messi a little push in the head after an early challenge.

What was that all about?

"I sometimes play as a fan and not as a professional footballer, which is maybe my downfall at times," Robertson says.

"Me and Fabinho were tracking Messi back and we both ended up on the ground and I just ruffled his hair a bit. He wasn't too happy and it's something I wouldn't do again, that's for sure!

"It's disrespectful to the best player who's ever played the game. That match, I've never seen a changing room so pumped up. I don't know what came over me.

"I do regret it but it's something everyone always mentions to me. I wasn't thinking! In the Nou Camp in the first leg I thought I dealt with him as well as I could have but he still walked off with two goals in a 3-0 win and all everyone is talking about is Messi.

"He's the best player ever to play the game in my opinion. There was a moment when he knocked it by two of our midfielders in the first few minutes at the Nou Camp and he was running directly at me and I was thinking 'oh right, this guy's serious'. He's coming at me now.

"The stuff he does with his feet is just frightening. You can't see, you need to guess at times to defend against him."

Come on Kenny, we've a plane to catchā€¦

After defeat in the 2018 Champions League final, Robertson and Liverpool beat Tottenham in Madrid last year. So how big was the night out afterwards?

"All of a sudden the lights came on and it was 6am," Robertson remembers.

"I was talking to Kenny Dalglish, he was getting ushered away by his wife because they had a flight to catch. Me and Adam Lallana stayed up because our wake-up call was half eight so it was pointless going to sleep.

"We had our friends and families there - it was an amazing night. It was a very different feeling to the year before!

"We never had a party in Kiev, just flew straight back and I never got the silver medal out of the drawer until the day after winning in Madrid. That was the first time I looked at it.

"It wasn't until the Monday night, after the parade, that everything came out. I was really emotional, texting all the players, texting all the staff."

Whatever we do, we do 100%...

If you're a football fan then it's hard not to love JĆ¼rgen Klopp - but what is the Liverpool manager really like?

"He says whatever you do, do it 100%. We train 100%, we play 100%, we party 100%. You saw that when he was on the bus during the parade!

"Some managers put on a front for the cameras, but what you see is what you get with him. What you see in press conferences is exactly what he's like.

"One of his biggest strengths is dealing with people. Some managers treat every player the same and if you don't like it, tough. But he adapts to different situations, different players.

"He knows the people who need an arm around them, knows those who need tough love. He does everything for you, he's a father figure and if you let him down you don't want to look him in the eye."

'I ended up on lingerieā€¦'

Robertson may be one of the best full-backs in the world - even if he says team-mate Trent Alexander-Arnold is the best - but he didn't have a typical route into the game.

As a teenager struggling to make the grade at Queen's Park he had a satisfyingly normal weekend job.

"I was on the checkouts at M&S. My mates got discounts on Percy Pigs so they were delighted.

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1211620517259681792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211620517259681792&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F52576672

"That was my start, my first job, I was just trying to get some money as I was turning 18 in the March and nights out started to happen so I needed to get some money in the bank.

"I was still at school, I was working evenings and weekends. I needed some money to get on the plane to Malia with my boys.

"I actually did a couple of shifts on women's lingerie - they were short on staff and I got flung up there. I didn't really think about football then. I certainly didn't think I'd be playing for Liverpool."

Never change Robbo!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #939: May 28, 2020 11:20:38 am
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/397075-andy-robertson-interview-we-ve-missed-melwood-like-mad

Andy Robertson is relishing the chance to reconnect with his teammates at Melwood and take steps towards a return to competitive football.

Liverpool have been conducting training sessions in small groups at staggered times since last Wednesday, observing the necessary social distancing guidelines.

The Premier League has now unanimously approved the resumption of contact training, which it says marks ā€œanother step towards restarting the season, when safe to do soā€.

In our latest interview via video link from Melwood, we caught up with Robertson to discuss the Redsā€™ return to training and the prospect of playing again in the future, with six points still required to guarantee top spot in the division.

On the best thing about being back at Melwoodā€¦

The best thing about being back is seeing the lads and the staff, although itā€™s in small groups. Being back at Melwood; Iā€™ve always said Melwood is kind of your home from home, you spend so much time here, and we missed the place like mad. We wanted to get back on the pitch and play football, and luckily thatā€™s been able to happen. There have been many things weā€™ve missed and many things we can start to smile about because weā€™re back at work ā€“ one is seeing all the people weā€™ve been so close to for the last couple of years, being able to see them again and have talks with them. Being able to get the balls out is amazing. Itā€™s not quite the same in your kit in your back garden, so itā€™s always nice to be back here. Hopefully we can start moving forward and get closer to that first Premier League game again.

On being around his teammates againā€¦

WhatsApp calls and Zoom calls and all that are great with the lads, but itā€™s not the same as seeing them in person. Thatā€™s something the club did really well when we were off, we made sure we kept in contact with each other a lot, we made sure we were all in a big WhatsApp group where we could talk things through, and we were all on Zoom calls ā€“ I think it was every three days and you could see each other. But the first day back at Melwood it was like a kid leaving school for holidays probably, to be honest. I bounced out the front door; itā€™s probably the first time Iā€™ve smiled at home about football in a while. I couldnā€™t wait to get in and Iā€™m sure all the lads were like that. Everyone was talking in their cars in the car park from a distance on the first day. It was just nice to catch up. This is the new normal, we need to get used to the protocols weā€™re following but itā€™s something I think weā€™ve all got used to quite quickly. Being able to see the lads and being able to be in this training ground again most days, itā€™s a special place and we like being here.

On the squad sticking together during the period of training at homeā€¦

We went through it all together. From the very start the staff in the WhatsApp group were saying if anyone is struggling with anything, put it in here because if youā€™re struggling with something, someone else might be struggling with the exact same thing and we can all get to somewhere better. We were good at that. We had ā€˜a year ago todayā€™ and everything that was going on at the time, it was an exciting time last year when we were going through that. There were maybe a couple of more emotional days where people were putting things in the group. But these are the things that happen, we all went through it together. Weā€™re all hopefully stronger for it, it will bring us even closer in a very close group. We helped each other through it. Now we want to get back to it, we want to get back to business when itā€™s safe to do so of course. We believe weā€™ve followed each protocol so far and hopefully we can move on to phase two very soon. Then, hopefully, the games can follow soon because I love playing games with these lads, I love being out there battling for a Premier League title and thatā€™s what we want to get back to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DLyUFtZXCo

On the variety of hairstyles and haircuts on show among his teammatesā€¦

I think Mrs Milner has pulled off an absolute worldie with that one, to be honest! I think it took him about five or six weeks to put his trust in her, but I think he should have done it beforehand, to be honest ā€“ sheā€™s done a good job. My missus had a go on mine; I told her not to touch the top, just to do the sides. She did an OK job, itā€™s growing in a bit better, so I think Iā€™ve gone under the radar a wee bit. Iā€™m quite proud of her for that, to be honest!

There are a couple of questionable ones: Alissonā€™s just keeps growing and growing, I donā€™t know what state that is going to be in when we get back playing! Bobbyā€™s is interesting, usually heā€™s quite sharp but heā€™s kind of let it go a wee bit rogue, Joe Gomezā€™s is really bushy on top. Lallana just took the hit, didnā€™t he? He just shaved it all off, so I think weā€™ve gotten used to Adz having no hair now. Thatā€™s what happens, isnā€™t it? You have to adapt to these situations ā€“ and unfortunately sometimes you have to put trust in people who donā€™t have a clue what theyā€™re doing! Thatā€™s what weā€™ve all done ā€“ some of us donā€™t trust their household members [with it] as much as some of us have. But hopefully Bobby can get back to his fresh haircut soon.

On working towards a return to matches and Liverpool requiring two wins to clinch the titleā€¦

For me, thatā€™s what I try to keep in my head. Weā€™re so used to competing ā€“ and weā€™ve not competed in a very long time. Obviously the last game we did compete in, we fell short. That was tough to take, but now we want to get back to it, we want to get back to competing. Itā€™s been 30 long years for this club and the fans probably couldnā€™t have imagined weā€™d have to wait nine weeks when we were so close to going into games where we hopefully could have won to seal the Premier League title. But weā€™ll get back to it, weā€™ll get going again, weā€™ll get our rhythm again and hopefully we can win the games we need to win and thatā€™s what our aim is now.

The light at the end of the tunnel was just getting back into training, to be honest. At times, there were some days you didnā€™t think that would have been possible, but now weā€™re back here, we can look forward and look to the next step. Then, like I said, hopefully with the games weā€™ve got ahead of us, we can get back to it. Would we like to play in front of 55,000 people at Anfield? Of course we would. Winning games or whatever without the fans wonā€™t feel the same, but itā€™s something we know we need to go through and itā€™s something we know that in their houses and stuff they will be supporting us like mad and weā€™ll feel that support.

Hopefully we can celebrate a title if we get the job done ā€“ and there will be time to celebrate it when the time is right. But for now we need to keep focused, we know whatever games are coming up and whenever they start, we need to get them won and get that trophy for this club.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #940: May 28, 2020 11:59:32 am
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #941: Jul 12, 2020 09:45:14 am
      Well played and stunning header. I think he will be in hot waters with his comments at the end of the match.

His character is brilliant. Neco will benefit from this guy. He's a pain in the ass haha.

https://twitter.com/yumzzX/status/1282027986372485127
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #942: Jul 12, 2020 10:09:18 am
      Well played and stunning header. I think he will be in hot waters with his comments at the end of the match.

His character is brilliant. Neco will benefit from this guy. He's a pain in the ass haha.

https://twitter.com/yumzzX/status/1282027986372485127

What was he complaining  about Clint? From what I heard he was only swearing. That's certainly not a crime on a football pitch it's standard.  ;D

Quick Reply