Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211265 times
      leosc and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Nov 25, 2020 01:07:46 am
      Still amazes me how the Scotland fans absolutely slaughter him most of the time. Not his fault the rest of the team is sh*t.
      As a Scot and Liverpool fan it frustrates me when I hear this. As soon as that cross went in to Diogo, I could just hear in my head my fellow Scotland fans aggrieved that he never does this for the NT, when in reality he does but it’s just that the likes of Ollie McBurnie and Lyndon Dykes are not on his level and certainly not making the runs that Diogo, Mo etc are making.

Also people expect Robbo to rip it up and constantly carry the team when he is a left back. Not even, he plays LWB for the NT, playing a different role where he is not afforded the same space.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1013: Nov 25, 2020 01:23:37 pm
      My only slight tiny criticism of Robbo is his finishing, if he could improve on that then he would be the undisputed best LB in the world. As it is he is absolutely superb, fantastic player in our team, so critical to how we play.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1014: Nov 25, 2020 01:43:52 pm
      My only slight tiny criticism of Robbo is his finishing, if he could improve on that then he would be the undisputed best LB in the world. As it is he is absolutely superb, fantastic player in our team, so critical to how we play.
      I think he’s a good finisher for a player in his position but he doesn’t shoot enough which can make him predictable. There are times he’s in the box in a good position and should let it rip but instead goes for a pass/cross.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1015: Nov 25, 2020 02:43:51 pm
      As a Scot and Liverpool fan it frustrates me when I hear this. As soon as that cross went in to Diogo, I could just hear in my head my fellow Scotland fans aggrieved that he never does this for the NT, when in reality he does but it’s just that the likes of Ollie McBurnie and Lyndon Dykes are not on his level and certainly not making the runs that Diogo, Mo etc are making.

Also people expect Robbo to rip it up and constantly carry the team when he is a left back. Not even, he plays LWB for the NT, playing a different role where he is not afforded the same space.

With ye pal, pisses me off when our wee NT gets slated by arrogant tw*ts who love to put the boot in, we have a population of 5 million as opposed to 55 Million, so what do they expect, F**k off with yer criticism, similarly with our football league’s, still full of foreign players, that seriously impacts on player development in Scotland, so for our wee nation to qualify for a major tournament is absolutely f***in brilliant, and a feat in itself, so don’t let any f***in wankstain arrogant F**k pig tell you any different, we might be a tiny wee nation but we still produce world beaters like Robbo.

ALBA GU BRATH

Y  N  W  A
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1016: Nov 29, 2020 01:57:48 am
      Another great day IMO for Robbo. Good defensively all day and a beautiful clearance over the bar with his KNEE. Wonderful dead ball cross that was dead nuts, only to be seen off for offsides. Harsh to get a pen called on him. Best player this season whe. You factor everything
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1017: Nov 29, 2020 05:53:27 am
      Did well except for the pen where you have to say he was rash. Looked a bit odd at the time and on the replay when taken in isolation he was in trouble.

Cant be that rash in the box.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1018: Dec 17, 2020 05:31:24 am
      Robbo is starting to separate himself from all the other fullbacks in the world imo. Even from TAA. Considering the circumstances this year this might be his best start to a season.  Kid was wonderful last night. 
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1019: Dec 17, 2020 06:30:50 am
      This man is not even close to receiving the recognition he deserves. He does it all at an 8/10 level or above. I puncture a lung every time I watch him just from the never ending runs and then he ends every one of those by whipping crosses, passes and set pieces with so much quality.

He's becoming our set-piece taker now too. Unless its a free-kick that has to be shot on goal then Robbo is the man you want whipping in the cross or the corner.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1020: Dec 17, 2020 08:56:57 am
      Robbo is starting to separate himself from all the other fullbacks in the world imo. Even from TAA. Considering the circumstances this year this might be his best start to a season.  Kid was wonderful last night. 

Agreed mate, I voted him motm. If our forwards especially Sadio play anything near best of their game Robbo surely top of the assist table by a miles.   
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1021: Dec 17, 2020 06:30:45 pm
      Our own Duracell bunny
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1022: Dec 18, 2020 03:10:26 am
      Amazing stamina. Never stops, his missus must be so proud!  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1023: Dec 31, 2020 10:39:01 am
      Has to be our player of the season so far.....relentless and such intensity.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1024: Jan 14, 2021 01:52:13 pm
      Good interview with him on the greatest game podcast, seems like a real character.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1025: Jan 16, 2021 03:36:56 pm

The only chink in his armor is his left foot reliance around the box. It is a foregone conclusion how he will operate near goal.

Setting that aside, I love the kid's demeanor on the pitch and the bit of nastiness he dishes out when necessary....like Milner.
      I can see him being a heart and sole LFC player for many years and possibly a future captain
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1026: Jan 16, 2021 04:48:36 pm
      F**k ye lads. When I seen new post beside Robbo I went straight to thinking Millie in at left back
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1027: Jan 19, 2021 10:52:59 pm
      He should have had 2 goals in the first 10 mins against United, the first one, I have no idea what he was doing, was in 2 minds to cross or shoot and did nothing and the ball went out of play and the second one was the same and ended up being a week arse attempted cross when he should have at least tried to make the keeper work by smashing both shots across him. He gets into shooting positions but doesn't land that killer blow!

Still love him though! What a ripper he is!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1028: Jan 20, 2021 12:43:01 am
      He's going into be one of our many Scottish Legends!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #1029: Jan 20, 2021 01:46:09 am
      Firstly, probably my favourite player in the squad.

Just need to work on stopping/slowing down once in the opposition box. Should also be trying to go for near post more. Everyone knows he hates shooting, and makes a low fizzing ball into the box once he's through, predicable.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1030: Jan 20, 2021 04:56:06 am
      He should have had 2 goals in the first 10 mins against United, the first one, I have no idea what he was doing, was in 2 minds to cross or shoot and did nothing and the ball went out of play and the second one was the same and ended up being a week arse attempted cross when he should have at least tried to make the keeper work by smashing both shots across him. He gets into shooting positions but doesn't land that killer blow!

Still love him though! What a ripper he is!
      Was that against Newcastle United coz wasn't against us.
      Anyway, more to the point where the F**k you been hiding for the last two weeks.  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1031: Jan 20, 2021 05:55:45 am
      Was that against Newcastle United coz wasn't against us.
      Anyway, more to the point where the f**k you been hiding for the last two weeks.  :f_whistle:

Was F***ing so...go back to the first 10 mins of our game.

Been up on the Gold Coast on Holidays!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1032: Jan 20, 2021 06:06:12 am
      Was f**king so...go back to the first 10 mins of our game.

Been up on the Gold Coast on Holidays!

DeGea made one save and it wasn't against Robertson.

Gold Coast ? Where's that? I'm still in Abu Dhabi hence texting/ talking at this time  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1033: Jan 20, 2021 06:34:12 am
      DeGea made one save and it wasn't against Robertson.

Gold Coast ? Where's that? I'm still in Abu Dhabi hence texting/ talking at this time  :D

North Eastern Australia near Brisbane about an hour away from Brisbane

Go back and watch it, De Gea didnt make the save against Robbo as Robbo didn't make him work. Read what I say properly u dumb c**t! hahahh
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1034: Jan 20, 2021 06:42:42 am
      North Eastern Australia near Brisbane about an hour away from Brisbane

Go back and watch it, De Gea didnt make the save against Robbo as Robbo didn't make him work. Read what I say properly u dumb c**t! hahahh

:lmao: Maybe I've been smoking some of that stuff your on.  ;D

Quick Reply