Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211669 times
      higgy_sham, Keith Singleton and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1265: May 02, 2022 01:38:08 am
      Someone needs to check Robbo isn't half metal half human! The guy is a feckin machine!!!!
      Is there a better engine in world football? I don't think there is.
      He's non stop, remember him rubbing Messi's head at Anfield too ;D? Also remember people saying about him asking for a job on facebook or twitter or whatever, next thing you know, most coveted left back since Roberto Carlos ;D, love his energy, he'll be remembered as a great one no doubt
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1266: May 02, 2022 08:05:43 am
      And all for just 8 millions pounds!

Or for a Kevin Stewart. I wonder who got the better end of that deal...  ;D ;D ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1267: May 02, 2022 10:37:28 am
      Someone needs to check Robbo isn't half metal half human! The guy is a feckin machine!!!!
      Is there a better engine in world football? I don't think there is.

Not sure if it is his engine mate more likely just sheer guts and determination he never ever gives up . How many Andy Robbo's are out there waiting for the chance?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1268: May 02, 2022 01:34:43 pm
      Not sure if it is his engine mate more likely just sheer guts and determination he never ever gives up . How many Andy Robbo's are out there waiting for the chance?

No doubt mentality and desire is a huge part if it but fook me he can’t half run all day an all. We’re very lucky to have him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1269: May 02, 2022 02:14:11 pm
      No doubt mentality and desire is a huge part if it but fook me he can’t half run all day an all. We’re very lucky to have him.

all these lads are super fit and tested to the hilt but they can't test desire this lad is such a star and has that incredible winning mentality that Jürgen loves. He reminds me a bit of Ian Callaghan in that respect that man would run all day long and chase down anything that moved .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #1270: May 02, 2022 02:33:29 pm
      Brilliant full back, who keeps on improving all the time. With a couple of goals scored this season, thrown in for good measure !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1271: May 03, 2022 01:32:42 am
      Or for a Kevin Stewart. I wonder who got the better end of that deal...  ;D ;D ;D

Hey yeah, forgot all about him.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1272: May 03, 2022 03:41:02 pm

Don't think anyone will hold that against you.  ;) I only remember we got him on a free transfer from Spurs. Which means we technically got Robertson for nothing. That's some good business right there!  ;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1273: May 03, 2022 10:57:35 pm
      I totally disagree with you. Kostas has improved Robertson and pushed him. I never said that he is better, he just reminded him that if he drops his form there is someone else that wants his place.

I completely agree with this mate, as soon as Kostas put a few decent displays in you could see Robbo up his level. He's competitive little bugger so the minute anyone threatens his game time he won't have it. I thought he looked a little bit leggy tonight but it's no wonder given the amount of games he's played.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,635 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1274: May 03, 2022 11:08:39 pm
      I completely agree with this mate, as soon as Kostas put a few decent displays in you could see Robbo up his level. He's competitive little bugger so the minute anyone threatens his game time he won't have it. I thought he looked a little bit leggy tonight but it's no wonder given the amount of games he's played.

He'd still run into a brick wall for the cause though, no matter how knackered he was  :D exceptional player and just love his will to do anything to win !!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1275: May 03, 2022 11:11:04 pm
      Off day for him defensively, it happens but it’s only note worthy because it’s so rare.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1276: May 03, 2022 11:49:11 pm
      He is human after all... It can happen, and better now than the final.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1277: May 04, 2022 01:03:16 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1278: May 10, 2022 10:21:36 pm
      Hope to god he's ok for the final. Kostas is a tidy deputy but in a big game the drop-off is huge.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1279: May 10, 2022 10:23:57 pm
      Hope to god he's ok for the final. Kostas is a tidy deputy but in a big game the drop-off is huge.

Jürgen just confirmed on 5 Live that he left him at home to put his feet up and have a rest with his family. Says he's absolutely fine.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1280: May 10, 2022 10:25:33 pm
      Jürgen just confirmed on 5 Live that he left him at home to put his feet up and have a rest with his family. Says he's absolutely fine.

Good man. Just watching him now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1281: Jun 02, 2022 09:47:09 pm
      can't believe the couple of weeks Andy has had talk about a kick in the bollox.
      Chin up Andy get back with the lads and get some more silverware next season.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,635 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1282: Jun 03, 2022 10:14:32 pm
      Robbo - he tries so hard bless him, I was gutted for him  the other night, hopefully he gets a rest  then we go again next season.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1283: Jun 04, 2022 10:00:21 am
      Robbo - he tries so hard bless him, I was gutted for him  the other night, hopefully he gets a rest  then we go again next season.

I have all day for Robbo, a grafter, and 8 times out of 10 he puts in a top performance, but even when the game isn’t happening for him, he’s still trying… and no sh*t staring or drama, does his job, no drama. If only every player had his character.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1284: Jun 04, 2022 11:16:34 am
      Not like some of the prima donnas
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,635 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1285: Jun 04, 2022 10:02:08 pm
      I have all day for Robbo, a grafter, and 8 times out of 10 he puts in a top performance, but even when the game isn’t happening for him, he’s still trying… and no sh*t staring or drama, does his job, no drama. If only every player had his character.

Just never gives up does he, the sort of lad you want in the trenches with you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1286: Jun 04, 2022 11:49:15 pm

Never backs down and I imagine he’s constantly winding up the other teams players. I mean he got under Messi’s skin so easily. Takes a special kind of dickhead to be able to do that (I should know 😂)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #1287: Jun 05, 2022 01:55:01 pm
      Takes a special kind of dickhead to be able to do that (I should know 😂)

Hiya :lmao:

Quick Reply