Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211078 times
      jimbo1962 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Jun 11, 2022 08:13:06 pm
      Played yet another game for Scotland this evening in a 3-0 loss for Ireland.

Two weeks after the season "end" and its absolutely disgraceful that meangingless internationals are ongoing in this fashion with Robbo amongst many being smashed into the wall. F**k UEFA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1289: Jun 11, 2022 09:20:38 pm
      Played yet another game for Scotland this evening in a 3-0 loss for Ireland.

Two weeks after the season "end" and its absolutely disgraceful that meangingless internationals are ongoing in this fashion with Robbo amongst many being smashed into the wall. F**k UEFA

It's not just Uefa, it's the round of internationals that would normally be in October. We'd bi*ch more if they had that international break then the World Cup in November.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1290: Jun 11, 2022 10:52:12 pm
      It's not just Uefa, it's the round of internationals that would normally be in October. We'd bi*ch more if they had that international break then the World Cup in November.
      I think there is too much football...too many nonsense tournaments. This Nations league is garbage on every conceivable level.
      Give the players a rest...F F.sake
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #1291: Jun 11, 2022 11:53:54 pm
      I think there is too much football...too many nonsense tournaments. This Nations league is garbage on every conceivable level.
      Give the players a rest...F F.sake

It's the absolute dregs isn't it. Far far too much football.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1292: Jun 12, 2022 09:04:31 am
      When are the players due back at training? The community shield is about 6 weeks away, not much of a holiday for the players.
      Robbo will have a winter break as he's not qualified for the WC but the players who have qualified, and especially the players who will play games deep into that tournament, will play an insane amount of football. Since coming back from the Covid pause it's been almost constant football or training for some players.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1293: Jun 12, 2022 04:41:51 pm
      Madness all the extra International games
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #1294: Jun 13, 2022 06:56:21 am

Scraping the barrell. I've manged to avoid all of it.

Cricket season for me now. I think us fans need a break too to appreciate and keep the love of the sport.

See everyone back for the community shield.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1295: Jun 14, 2022 02:56:07 am

Yeah it is insane on all end (club competitions and national games). Really could do the world of good cutting a few games from each competition but you know money.

Don't worry the IFAB fixed that making 5 subs a permanent thing so players can get extra rest.....;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1296: Jun 14, 2022 10:36:00 am
      I like the nations league, its been good to scotland.

But the timing of this batch of games is shocking and stupid.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1297: Jun 14, 2022 04:36:21 pm
      Young Trent is exceptional just like Andy and they played the equivalent of 12 or more finals in the last few weeks of the season finishing on the low of Paris . These lads are not robots it simply isnt fair to them mentally after Paris they were shot but they were still used like machines F**k Fifa
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1298: Jun 15, 2022 11:46:07 pm
      I genuinely haven't worked up enough interest in the Nations League to even find out what it is yet - ie what the format is and what it is supposed to be for. Seemed unnecessary and confusing when it first appeared, and I've never got past that with it.

The number of games Trent and Robbo play does worry me. At least with Robbo we've now got a proven back up in Tsimikas. He's got a hell of an engine Robbo, but his workload must be taking some kind of toll on him. I did think he looked tired in the CL final, and towards the end of the season in general. Hopefully he can recharge properly at some stage over the summer.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1299: Jun 26, 2022 11:59:22 am
      Quote from tezmac
      Madness all the extra International games

It's madness us complaining about them every year. You know it's going to happen, you know it's not going to change, so you just let them get on with it.

When these games are played during the season, we complain that they should be played in a big block at the end of the season instead. Now we have them played in a big block at the end of the season as we demanded, the new complaint is there is too much football at this time of year. We know how June is, and always has been, even more so in a WC year. Anyone who doesn't fancy it, can just quit representing his country, because he wants his full siesta in the sunshine every summer. Problem solved.

I have always had very little tolerance of fatigue regarding footballers. Even more so when live play barely stretches to an hour in the average game. When I hear or see medics trying to save lives every day, throughout their 12 hour daily shift, for multiple amount more stress and a fraction of the wages, I've even less sympathy for footballers bawling in the media about being run into the ground. This is your career, not a part time hobby. You're paid to play games. So get out there and play them. I would love to be paid 1mn quid per month and have only 3 weeks off a year in my job for the privilege, and I'm sure many more would as well.

Quote from sore monad
      I genuinely haven't worked up enough interest in the Nations League to even find out what it is yet - ie what the format is and what it is supposed to be for. Seemed unnecessary and confusing when it first appeared, and I've never got past that with it.

I'm not going to go into the forensics of it here, but this is something like the League Cup, only at international level. The biggest nations that qualify for every finals are not that interested and don't really need to be, they use their groups as a warm up campaign for bigger fish to fry later. Everyone else takes it more seriously as seedings and playoff places are at stake. Russia were expelled obviously, but Belarussia were not.

France have already lost their title, in case anyone noticed, while England have used it as a chance to experiment with players, tactics, and formations at the end of the league season, which is what they should do. So I wouldn't be taking their results so far very seriously, or as seriously as their media seem to be anyway.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1300: Aug 31, 2022 10:51:54 pm
      Not sure if it’s a matter of time and getting used to playing with Diaz but he just seems to be huffing and puffing without much output.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1301: Sep 02, 2022 12:49:46 am
      Same thing happen last season, remeber for a few weeks supporters question if we should be starting Tsimikas over him.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1302: Sep 02, 2022 09:57:36 am
      I think hes been one of our better performers.....not at his best but a damned sight better than VVD and Trent.

I do think Diaz stays wider than peak Sadio and they are in the same space but they'll figure that out.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1303: Sep 02, 2022 05:26:28 pm
      Think Robbo has been awful, think he looks very tired, should have rested him against Bournemouth
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #1304: Sep 02, 2022 06:06:14 pm
      It's madness us complaining about them every year. You know it's going to happen, you know it's not going to change, so you just let them get on with it.

When these games are played during the season, we complain that they should be played in a big block at the end of the season instead. Now we have them played in a big block at the end of the season as we demanded, the new complaint is there is too much football at this time of year. We know how June is, and always has been, even more so in a WC year. Anyone who doesn't fancy it, can just quit representing his country, because he wants his full siesta in the sunshine every summer. Problem solved.

I have always had very little tolerance of fatigue regarding footballers. Even more so when live play barely stretches to an hour in the average game. When I hear or see medics trying to save lives every day, throughout their 12 hour daily shift, for multiple amount more stress and a fraction of the wages, I've even less sympathy for footballers bawling in the media about being run into the ground. This is your career, not a part time hobby. You're paid to play games. So get out there and play them. I would love to be paid 1mn quid per month and have only 3 weeks off a year in my job for the privilege, and I'm sure many more would as well.

I'm not going to go into the forensics of it here, but this is something like the League Cup, only at international level. The biggest nations that qualify for every finals are not that interested and don't really need to be, they use their groups as a warm up campaign for bigger fish to fry later. Everyone else takes it more seriously as seedings and playoff places are at stake. Russia were expelled obviously, but Belarussia were not.

France have already lost their title, in case anyone noticed, while England have used it as a chance to experiment with players, tactics, and formations at the end of the league season, which is what they should do. So I wouldn't be taking their results so far very seriously, or as seriously as their media seem to be anyway.

Just seen this wankstain of a post. So we shouldn't complain about fixture pile up and misuse of players just because you say so? Get to F**k.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1305: Sep 03, 2022 11:43:34 am
      Will NOT like being benched today. Good competition for FB on that side.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1306: Sep 03, 2022 08:06:41 pm
      Massive upgrade when he came on.

All for rotation to ensure freshness.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1307: Sep 05, 2022 11:11:53 pm
      I feel he's getting a lot of crap, and it's a bit weird. I don't there's a game he's been bad in, but tbf he's not been stellar either.

I think he's should be given some slack, as he's playing without Mane. At least TAA is playing with his same partner. Glad he's getting rotated though, and his set pieces have been an upgrade this season 👏
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1308: Sep 06, 2022 08:37:56 pm
      Don't know what it is with Robertson, he has to contort his whole body even when he's doing a little pass, takes the same time either way, he's got no finesse. Why does he move his whole body for little moves? Just don't get it, never have, there is something so odd and limited about this player/person. Why the f**k does he have stop twist to do a simple ball or a great cross? Weird player. Slows down our moves so many times, simple little pass to the side he has to twist his whole body for his leg to go oh yeah I can now pass, not into it any more. Just flick it here and there man, he's so clumsy looking.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #1309: Sep 06, 2022 08:45:33 pm
      Don't know what it is with Robertson, he has to contort his whole body even when he's doing a little pass, takes the same time either way, he's got no finesse. Why does he move his whole body for little moves? Just don't get it, never have, there is something so odd and limited about this player/person. Why the f**k does he have stop twist to do a simple ball or a great cross? Weird player. Slows down our moves so many times, simple little pass to the side he has to twist his whole body for his leg to go oh yeah I can now pass, not into it any more. Just flick it here and there man, he's so clumsy looking.

I'll say this kindly...but what in the name of jesus suffering f**k you are going on about?
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2022 09:53:45 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1310: Sep 06, 2022 08:52:02 pm

My arl fella used to say......"better to say nothing and have the world think you're a fool than open your mouth and confirm it"

This is the social media equivalent.......now take the underpants off your head and the pencils out your nose and drink your milk like a good chap.

Quick Reply