Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211489 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1311: Sep 06, 2022 09:10:31 pm
      Don't know what it is with Robertson, he has to contort his whole body even when he's doing a little pass, takes the same time either way, he's got no finesse. Why does he move his whole body for little moves? Just don't get it, never have, there is something so odd and limited about this player/person. Why the f**k does he have stop twist to do a simple ball or a great cross? Weird player. Slows down our moves so many times, simple little pass to the side he has to twist his whole body for his leg to go oh yeah I can now pass, not into it any more. Just flick it here and there man, he's so clumsy looking.

Ummm what ?!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1312: Sep 06, 2022 10:05:12 pm

Think he's been on the funny crunchy crisps
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1313: Sep 06, 2022 10:35:41 pm
      Good god, some people just don't appreciate quality even when it slaps them in the face  :mad:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1314: Sep 06, 2022 11:00:48 pm
      Think he's been on the funny crunchy crisps
      Been on some feckin thing , either that or needs to be medicated .
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1315: Sep 07, 2022 04:32:48 am
      I'll say this kindly...but what in the name of jesus suffering f**k you are going on about?
      It may be only me that notices it, it's tricky to explain but I thought I did an ok job at trying to explain it. It's weird, never seen a player have to move in such a way for even a simple pass. and he can only do it in one direction too. He can't just give the ball to someone simply, his whole body has to move in a weird way and it usually leads in a circle to a back pass or something, I could do an impression of what I mean but it's tough to explain.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1316: Sep 07, 2022 04:34:40 am
      So no one notices this then? He has to twist his whole body in an awkward way to even pass to anyone? Never mind a sweet cross in which takes that effort of a body twist.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1317: Sep 07, 2022 04:51:01 am
      Me acknowledging this oddity doesn't mean I don't like Robertson or 'appreciate him' btw, I obviously like him because he's been a great winger no doubt, one of the best left backs in the world etcetera. still has to pirouette (had to spell check that) his whole body to make a simple little pass and it usually takes time each time and stops the tempo all the time. It's a major flaw in his game and if people don't notice this stuff then I'm thinking people don't even watch players that much, they just look at the ball and drum on their chests like nutters. That's what happens in pubs usually.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1318: Sep 07, 2022 06:22:16 am
      Me acknowledging this oddity doesn't mean I don't like Robertson or 'appreciate him' btw, I obviously like him because he's been a great winger no doubt, one of the best left backs in the world etcetera. still has to pirouette (had to spell check that) his whole body to make a simple little pass and it usually takes time each time and stops the tempo all the time. It's a major flaw in his game and if people don't notice this stuff then I'm thinking people don't even watch players that much, they just look at the ball and drum on their chests like nutters. That's what happens in pubs usually.

You make me sad!!!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1319: Sep 07, 2022 11:14:50 am
      God forbid I make a bimbo man sad whoa, what a crime. tssh.

In fact don't be sad, it's just an observation ok. he turns himself in a circle to make a pass, get over yourself and maybe start seeing reality because, I never said this observation in the first place to make anyone sad little delicate person ok.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2022 11:22:17 am by Crunchycrisps »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1320: Sep 07, 2022 11:43:39 am
      God forbid I make a bimbo man sad whoa, what a crime. tssh.

In fact don't be sad, it's just an observation ok. he turns himself in a circle to make a pass, get over yourself and maybe start seeing reality because, I never said this observation in the first place to make anyone sad little delicate person ok.
      Nothing wrong with making an observation on a player but I think the way you have approached it is just a little weird. Robertson is not the most orthodox of players, on the ball and with his passing he is not as effortless as someone like Trent (not many are) but it’s not his game. He is about speed, aggression and stamina, that’s his strongest points (and by the way has plenty of technical ability as well).

I don’t see any issues with the way he passes a ball. You say it slows the tempo down but I don’t agree. Think he moves the ball well and generally he is one of the biggest assets to the way we play.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1321: Sep 07, 2022 12:01:45 pm
      I'm not aware of the exaggerated contortions of body the OP talks about. He (Robertson) is perhaps a tad one footed, but all in all we can agree he is a major contributor to our recent success...I doubt we'd have got so much from Mane without the partnership they developed.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1322: Sep 07, 2022 12:11:00 pm
      I'm not aware of the exaggerated contortions of body the OP talks about. He (Robertson) is perhaps a tad one footed, but all in all we can agree he is a major contributor to our recent success...I doubt we'd have got so much from Mane without the partnership they developed.
      I'm not op but once you see it you will think what the heck is this, honestly baffled how no one notices this stuff, I've seen one footed people but bloody heck his whole body is like a swivel  even to pass a little thing to the side.
      Me observing this as a thing isn't me saying he's crap, if he did away with it he'd be better so it makes everyone happy my observation if remedied.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1323: Sep 07, 2022 03:46:23 pm
      I'm not op but once you see it you will think what the heck is this, honestly baffled how no one notices this stuff, I've seen one footed people but bloody heck his whole body is like a swivel  even to pass a little thing to the side.
      Me observing this as a thing isn't me saying he's crap, if he did away with it he'd be better so it makes everyone happy my observation if remedied.
      I'll make an extra special effort to watch his every move tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1324: Sep 07, 2022 11:23:38 pm
      Looks like him and Trent are mentally and physically fycked.

Just keeps hoofing or leathering balls across into the box without any awareness of looking for a man or when to cross the ball.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1325: Sep 09, 2022 03:45:21 am
      Can't rememebr the last time Andy beat the first man on one of his crosses into the box.

I may be wrong, but he hasn't had a an assist this Season yet, has he? You'd normally expect a couple by now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1326: Sep 09, 2022 02:53:37 pm
      Yeah had one and should really be credited with 2 vs Bournemouth.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1327: Sep 09, 2022 04:06:43 pm
      just think teams have sussed us out and Sadio isnt there to help out. Transition period for sure but I dont think it will be too long before Jürgen has them . I thought Robbo was looking a bit more like his old self. A few days after a bad game things tend to look a bit clearer and I am sure Jürgen is clear in his mind what needs to be done and the game getting cancelled is a blessing in disguise
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1328: Sep 09, 2022 04:12:16 pm
      just think teams have sussed us out and Sadio isnt there to help out. Transition period for sure but I dont think it will be too long before Jürgen has them . I thought Robbo was looking a bit more like his old self. A few days after a bad game things tend to look a bit clearer and I am sure Jürgen is clear in his mind what needs to be done and the game getting cancelled is a blessing in disguise

There's talk about us signing Bellingham next season, can’t see rumours helping matters tho, we need a solution sooner rather than later.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1329: Sep 09, 2022 04:59:51 pm
      There's talk about us signing Bellingham next season, can’t see rumours helping matters tho, we need a solution sooner rather than later.

our smart owners will find that we look desperate now  and will now pay far more than they would have done this season.   Still use Stevie ,Alonso and Masch as a good template for the perfect midfield and we dont have anyone even close to that standard at present.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1330: Sep 09, 2022 08:08:32 pm
      our smart owners will find that we look desperate now  and will now pay far more than they would have done this season.   Still use Stevie ,Alonso and Masch as a good template for the perfect midfield and we dont have anyone even close to that standard at present.

And that will be another excuse to spend F**k all.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1331: Sep 10, 2022 09:31:33 am
      And that will be another excuse to spend f**k all.

and the statement will be there is no value in January.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1332: Sep 10, 2022 09:40:47 am

If we don't make top 4 there us no way Bellingham is coming here.

Even if we do make top 4 how will Jürgen fund it? AOC, keita and Bobby all walking for free. Bob will need to be replaced. We are running out of saleable assets to raise funds for new players.

As for Robbo, the workrate is there ... the effort unlike his mate on the other side. Robbo will get back. I don't think he is playing especially badly. Of the senior players he is the one who has lead the most this season.
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2022 09:59:55 am by Don77 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1333: Sep 10, 2022 02:26:15 pm
      Can't rememebr the last time Andy beat the first man on one of his crosses into the box.

I may be wrong, but he hasn't had a an assist this Season yet, has he? You'd normally expect a couple by now.

Been just as sh*t as TAA. The crossing on the corners have been diabolical.

Quick Reply