Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211166 times
      David Wright, lfc across the water, PolarBearRed and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1334: Sep 10, 2022 11:44:28 pm
      Been just as sh*t as TAA. The crossing on the corners have been diabolical.

His crossing definitely sucked this season,  no arguments there.  I feel the opposite of his set pieces this season.  That's the only thing offensively that's been decent. Few of his corners have been squandered and 1 led to an assist
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2022 06:28:50 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1335: Sep 11, 2022 12:12:50 am
      Yep spot on lads.

Really does drive me F***ing nuts, how hard is it to at least lift it over the first defender?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1336: Sep 11, 2022 02:00:43 pm
      His crossing definitely sucked this season,  no arguments there.  I feel the opposite of his set pieces this season.  That's the only thing offensively that's been decent. Few of his corners have been squandered and 1 led to an assist

When they haven't hit the first man!! A large portion of his dead balls end up hitting the first man.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1337: Sep 11, 2022 08:42:29 pm
      Like a number he's not at his best but he's one of only 2 or 3 for me that have been passable and clearly shows the effort.

The drop to Tsimi is massive  - he isn't and won't ever be an alternative, he's cover that's all.

Bollocks to say he's been as poor at TAA - Trent hasn't found a red shirt all season. Even his goal at Bournemouth he gave the fkn ball away.

Feel for Robbo. Firt name a lot turn to....at least when Hendo / Milly aren't about.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1338: Sep 11, 2022 09:02:40 pm
      Like a number he's not at his best but he's one of only 2 or 3 for me that have been passable and clearly shows the effort.

The drop to Tsimi is massive  - he isn't and won't ever be an alternative, he's cover that's all.

Bollocks to say he's been as poor at TAA - Trent hasn't found a red shirt all season. Even his goal at Bournemouth he gave the fkn ball away.

Feel for Robbo. Firt name a lot turn to....at least when Hendo / Milly aren't about.

Yeah I totally agree. It's not a Scottish bias but I've rarely seen Robbo dip below 6/10. For sure, he's performed a 6 for most matches this season but his bottom level is nowhere near as low as Trent's.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1339: Sep 12, 2022 02:58:03 pm
      Out injured knee problem
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1340: Sep 12, 2022 03:25:03 pm
      Maybe a forced break will help him.

Will be a massive miss for scotland.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1341: Sep 12, 2022 04:09:10 pm
      It’s been a while since we’ve had an injury, I was starting to worry.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1342: Sep 12, 2022 05:06:52 pm

Saying there's a drop between Robbo and the Greek is also bollocks. Done just as well as Robbo when the Greek has started.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1343: Sep 12, 2022 05:22:38 pm
      Love Kostas like all players needs game time and he is hard as nails so hope he shows us his best.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1344: Sep 12, 2022 06:16:30 pm

How bad is the knee problem? I hope not too bad
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1345: Sep 12, 2022 06:21:57 pm
      Saying there's a drop between Robbo and the Greek is also bollocks. Done just as well as Robbo when the Greek has started.

Dude thats literally delusional but whatever I'm not gonna argue with you.

The drop is massive . If you don't see it you're not looking through your eyes.

So much more than an occasional pretty cross to being a top class fullback.  Tsimi is a nice footballer who can do a job. He lacks the pace, energy and game intelligence to be even a remote threat to Robbo.

When he's not there you see such a drop off in our intensity. Drives me nuts the Tsimikas brigade........Sort out the RB before we worry about the left back eh....
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2022 10:52:36 pm by Scotia »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1346: Sep 13, 2022 07:06:06 pm
      Maybe a forced break will help him.

Will be a massive miss for scotland.

Massive miss indeed but kind of glad. I thought the way in which he was overplayed by Steve Clarke so soon after Paris was reckless in the extreme.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1347: Sep 14, 2022 07:14:19 am
      Massive miss indeed but kind of glad. I thought the way in which he was overplayed by Steve Clarke so soon after Paris was reckless in the extreme.

We needed Robbo then especially cos KT was Injured. I blame whoever comes up with the fixture lists.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1348: Oct 03, 2022 05:07:09 pm
      So much less intensity without this guy he's so pivotal to our rhythm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1349: Oct 03, 2022 06:34:41 pm
      Dude thats literally delusional but whatever I'm not gonna argue with you.

The drop is massive . If you don't see it you're not looking through your eyes.

So much more than an occasional pretty cross to being a top class fullback.  Tsimi is a nice footballer who can do a job. He lacks the pace, energy and game intelligence to be even a remote threat to Robbo.

When he's not there you see such a drop off in our intensity. Drives me nuts the Tsimikas brigade........Sort out the RB before we worry about the left back eh....

Seen plenty of F**k ups from Robbo too!

I don't buy him being world class anyway, does a good job, same as Tsimi, but then again you're also biased being a jock ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1350: Oct 03, 2022 07:34:44 pm
      Seen plenty of f**k ups from Robbo too!

I don't buy him being world class anyway, does a good job, same as Tsimi, but then again you're also biased being a jock ;)

We all see what we see fella and you clearly don't rate Robbo as much as - practically all of - world fitba......it happens.......I have loads that frustrated me and my mates or kids adored....

Reality is ive seen many F**k ups from the "Greek scouser" (that is cringey) in his limited playing time as in Robbo's whole reds career.  Tsimi is a good player and and a great character. Robbo is an excellent player and an exceptional character....

He is world class. He is miles better than Tsimi or anything in this league and I am 100% biased........as a red and a Jock......

Peace out ya blind bugger 😉✌️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1351: Oct 03, 2022 07:39:16 pm
      Dont care what class people think Robbo is we are so much better when he is in the side
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1352: Oct 04, 2022 08:59:43 am
      Dont care what class people think Robbo is we are so much better when he is in the side

He's played most games this season and we've been dire in pretty much all them.

He's a class player, on form, but honestly I don't see much difference between the two at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1353: Oct 04, 2022 09:21:10 am
      Robbo not been at his best before injury, but thats the same for the whole team.

Saying that I think most of the mistakes for goals have been down the right side or the middle.

FYI. I think kostas is a quality player, but hes not quite at robbos level.

Anyway, hoping robbo is fit again soon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1354: Oct 04, 2022 10:26:19 am
      Robbo not been at his best before injury, but thats the same for the whole team.

Saying that I think most of the mistakes for goals have been down the right side or the middle.

FYI. I think kostas is a quality player, but hes not quite at robbos level.

Anyway, hoping robbo is fit again soon.

think people have soon forgot just how important he is to us and Kostas is just not at that level....yet. Give him more game time and he could well be as good and he like Robbo has great energy.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1355: Oct 04, 2022 11:15:32 am
      think people have soon forgot just how important he is to us and Kostas is just not at that level....yet. Give him more game time and he could well be as good and he like Robbo has great energy.

Ideally they are both fit and can be rotated so both will get plenty minutes, I think thats biggest problem with Trent its really only gomez & milner that are his backup, not really any pressure on him for a starting position.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1356: Oct 13, 2022 09:12:36 pm
      Looked sharp. Great to have another leader who is battle hardened and with the extra quality we need right now back.

Quick Reply