Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211217 times
      LFCbronx, leosc and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1380: Dec 27, 2022 04:42:39 pm
      Best LB in the world. Been on this train since we signed him. Will go down as a Anfield legend. Deserved the record. Love him to bits
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1381: Dec 27, 2022 09:29:04 pm
      Next skipper??
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1382: Dec 27, 2022 09:42:32 pm

Should be but I think Virgil is next on the list and I don't think it's a good idea to tell him he's losing out to Robbo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1383: Dec 30, 2022 10:53:10 pm
      Even though I don’t believe in the empire awards congrats anyway on the MBE.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1384: Dec 30, 2022 11:33:05 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1385: Dec 30, 2022 11:34:28 pm
      Even though I don’t believe in the empire awards congrats anyway on the MBE.

Same besides when it suits, mate 🙃😉
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1386: Dec 30, 2022 11:43:57 pm

Fantastic news and fully deserved, didn't know about this and have to say I'm made up for Robbo.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1387: Jan 03, 2023 07:45:21 am
      Should be but I think Virgil is next on the list and I don't think it's a good idea to tell him he's losing out to Robbo.

I think I was wrong posting this. Some of the players have become a bit complacent.

I think srslfc is right, Robbo should go ahead of Milner and Virgil, next captain after Hendo. Allison is the only other player IMO who has maintained a consistent level of performance this season.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1388: Jan 04, 2023 03:57:15 am
      I think I was wrong posting this. Some of the players have become a bit complacent.

I think srslfc is right, Robbo should go ahead of Milner and Virgil, next captain after Hendo. Allison is the only other player IMO who has maintained a consistent level of performance this season.

Robbo hasn't been our best player this season, but he's been the same every year. He seems to be a top 3-5 player for us every season since he's got there. And NO ONE works harder then this lad. My favorite player by a country mile, and even though my oldest is a striker, his favorite player is Robbo too.

We would love to see him as captian
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1389: Jan 04, 2023 08:02:48 am
      Robbo hasn't been our best player this season, but he's been the same every year. He seems to be a top 3-5 player for us every season since he's got there. And NO ONE works harder then this lad. My favorite player by a country mile, and even though my oldest is a striker, his favorite player is Robbo too.

We would love to see him as captian

Hendo has never been the best player at the club but he's a very good captain. Virgil has not shown much leadership when he's been the captain during the difficult games.

Robbo has similar qualities to Hendo. If we are rebuilding the team that type of leadership may be necessary.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1390: Jan 06, 2023 01:08:22 pm
      Hendo has never been the best player at the club but he's a very good captain. Virgil has not shown much leadership when he's been the captain during the difficult games.

Robbo has similar qualities to Hendo. If we are rebuilding the team that type of leadership may be necessary.

He's the natural captain in the squad after Henderson.

The armband never is important to me to be brutally honest but Robbo acts like a skipper even when he isn't.

That's what is needed.

I'd have no doubt about giving him it once Hendo is gone
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2023 02:00:42 pm by srslfc »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1391: Jan 06, 2023 02:21:37 pm
      He's the natural captain in the squad after Henderson.

The armband never is important to me to be brutally honest but Robbo acts like a skipper even when he isn't.

That's what is needed.

I'd have no doubt about giving him it once Hendo is gone

I don't see Andy being given the arm band. He's already 28 with a lot of miles on his legs, so i don't think we have more than a few years before we have to start thinking about a replacement. On the other hand, while Hendo is already 32, i see him staying with the team in a reduced role well into his 30s. Kinda like the next Milner.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1392: Jan 06, 2023 06:48:33 pm
      I don't see Andy being given the arm band. He's already 28 with a lot of miles on his legs, so i don't think we have more than a few years before we have to start thinking about a replacement. On the other hand, while Hendo is already 32, i see him staying with the team in a reduced role well into his 30s. Kinda like the next Milner.

You are probably correct that Hendo will be around for a few years but if we are going to challenge for the league next season he can't be playing regularly. I am a very big Hendo fan but he's always been at his best when he's been able to run a lot. I don't want to downplay his other abilities but he should only be playing occasionally. We all know the midfield needs 2 new players and Hendo is probably going to be 1 of the players that lose out.

Virgil is 31. I can't think of anyone who can challenge Robbo's leadership who is going to be playing regularly for another 3-4 seasons. Maybe Allison.

Trent could be an option in the future.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1393: Jan 07, 2023 11:56:26 am
      You are probably correct that Hendo will be around for a few years but if we are going to challenge for the league next season he can't be playing regularly. I am a very big Hendo fan but he's always been at his best when he's been able to run a lot. I don't want to downplay his other abilities but he should only be playing occasionally. We all know the midfield needs 2 new players and Hendo is probably going to be 1 of the players that lose out.

Virgil is 31. I can't think of anyone who can challenge Robbo's leadership who is going to be playing regularly for another 3-4 seasons. Maybe Allison.

Trent could be an option in the future.

I don't think trents a natural leader. He doesn't seem to be vocal. Quietly gets on with his own game. I think a more natural leader is Jude Bellingham for when he inevitably joins us in the summer  :mad: :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1394: Jan 23, 2023 11:00:47 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1395: Jan 24, 2023 12:19:46 am

Hahaha the small time whopper from Gloucestershire asking why Darvel's fans didn't invade the pitch on one of the replies to that Darvel tweet. Superb result though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1396: Jan 24, 2023 08:34:01 pm
      Hahaha the small time whopper from Gloucestershire asking why Darvel's fans didn't invade the pitch on one of the replies to that Darvel tweet. Superb result though.

The Aberdeen fans weren't happy to say the least...

https://twitter.com/SparkiesGrandad/status/1617820919778639872?s=20&t=tCQmrYOaqErAB-VMw90x0w

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1397: Jan 24, 2023 08:35:15 pm

I think the only one not targeted was Leighton Clarkson.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1398: Jan 25, 2023 01:17:43 am
      I love Robbo. Our (me and my boys) favorite player by a long shot!!!

I have a Everton buddy who says Robbo is so hated amongst non LFC fans. I wouldn't ever see it that way. I view him as our enforcer rather than our shithouser. What do yall think?

BtW, anyone who doesn't like Robbo can F**k off  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1399: Jan 25, 2023 09:04:53 am

I have a Everton buddy who says Robbo is so hated amongst non LFC fans. I wouldn't ever see it that way. I view him as our enforcer rather than our shithouser. What do yall think?

BtW, anyone who doesn't like Robbo can f**k off  :lmao:

Wee man is brilliant.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1400: Jan 25, 2023 10:05:57 am

BtW, anyone who doesn't like Robbo can f**k off  :lmao:

You’re doing something right if rivals hate you, always believed that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1401: Jan 25, 2023 06:58:51 pm

BtW, anyone who doesn't like Robbo can F**k off  :lmao:

Reckon your EFC buddy is lying to you, they hate Klopp the most, which is why they loved Lampard, cos Fat Frank shouted at him :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1402: Mar 06, 2023 06:48:35 pm
      Set the tone again yesterday

Quick Reply