Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 211620 times
      HUYTON RED and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1426: Apr 04, 2023 01:51:37 pm
      Strange.....You say R. was encouraged to push up, and performed well part due to the coverage he had. Regardless of the reason, that coverage you suggest is now not there, yet you think it best he still "bombs" on without midfield cover?.

Thats his job. He is our best creator.

No point getting annoyed at Robbo being up there.....he isnt outta position thats the way we play. If the ball was retained midfield, pinged about and he still wasnt back there'd be validity.

He busts his baws to get back every time.

Perhaps he was at fault Sat but it was decision making not positional and he's been our best outfield player by a mile this season so ill give him a pass.

The midfield are defensively not fit for purpoae this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1427: Apr 04, 2023 05:14:46 pm

No point getting annoyed at Robbo being up there.....he isnt outta position thats the way we play. If the ball was retained midfield, pinged about and he still wasnt back there'd be validity.

Perhaps he was at fault Sat but it was decision making not positional and he's been our best outfield player by a mile this season so ill give him a pass.

Robbo will be missing Mane more than any others. Only Diaz can match the work rate / cover that Mane provided. As far as I've seen, Robbo's one of the very few who stuck to a game plan / way of working but if his partner at left attacking, whoever that has been this season, isn't doing the work rate job then the thing won't work. At times you feel that Andy is having to overcompensate for the attack's total failure this season. Few realise just how nicely Robbo and Mane dovetailed on the left. Diaz is the only one who has shown the work rate capabilities that Mane had so it's no surprise to hear Robbo coming out in the press saying he can't wait for his return.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1428: Apr 05, 2023 02:28:52 am

You and I are Robbos biggest apologist, and I don't hide from it. His work rate is second to none and should be the standard for all. He is missing protection from the midfield and upfront, but IMO Robbo has been as steady as anyone this season. Sure he hasn't lived up to his play from last year, but who has? He did have a howler Saturday, and it may have been as bad as I've ever seen him play for us. However, that international game took a lot out of him.

Robbo is consistent, creative, and hard working. He will benefit from having Diaz back. Future captian
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1429: Apr 30, 2023 09:48:56 pm
      Considering how bad he has been defensively all season, he's getting an incredibly easy ride in terms of criticism. Today, was yet another where I can see the undeniable work rate, but everything else is subpar and particularly his defensive interventions.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1430: Apr 30, 2023 09:56:40 pm
      Thought he had one of his poorest games today
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1431: Apr 30, 2023 09:58:45 pm
      Has been poor offensively most of the season but now even defensively he is starting to have major brain farts.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #1432: Apr 30, 2023 10:39:07 pm
      Considering how bad he has been defensively all season, he's getting an incredibly easy ride in terms of criticism. Today, was yet another where I can see the undeniable work rate, but everything else is subpar and particularly his defensive interventions.

Was horrendous today
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1433: May 01, 2023 12:15:40 am
      Was his  poorest  game in red today.

Offensively.....this season has identical league assists to TAA.....plus more in other comps.

Bad day today. Just dont invent sh*t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1434: May 01, 2023 12:19:12 am
      I could be wrong but it feels like he has probably played more games than anyone in our squad for the last couple of years at least. Probably permit him to have an off day occasionally. He has to be worn out a bit. He’s had a few hiccups here and there but he’s still my first pick for LB not just on our team but in our league. I think he’s set such a high standard that games like today stick out more when he’s not at his best.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1435: May 01, 2023 02:45:19 am
      Never near his man defensively.

Way to open, half the time he spends running back towards LB and is not even in the picture.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1436: May 01, 2023 05:00:48 am
      He sucked today. It is what it is. He's a top player in the end of a long and crappy season. These things happen.  He will be fine
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1437: Jun 18, 2023 12:30:18 pm
      Captain's display against Norway yesterday evening. Him and McGinn were outstanding. And a great victory to cap it all off.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1438: Jun 18, 2023 06:18:32 pm
      Captain's display against Norway yesterday evening. Him and McGinn were outstanding. And a great victory to cap it all off.
      Was immense. Blows me away that people want him replaced. It's like they forget he lost Mane, midfield wasnt as good, and had to change the way he plays the 10 games of the season. One of the first names on the sheet for me and should be captian over VVD
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1439: Jun 18, 2023 06:35:03 pm
      Was immense. Blows me away that people want him replaced. It's like they forget he lost Mane, midfield wasnt as good, and had to change the way he plays the 10 games of the season. One of the first names on the sheet for me and should be captian over VVD

He’s absolutely superb!! He’s going to have an amazing season this time around. Best left back in the world.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1440: Jun 30, 2023 07:40:06 am
      He was so sh*te last season its remarkable. Still getting a pretty penny though ey, sick of it all.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1441: Jun 30, 2023 07:44:01 am
      He was so sh*te last season its remarkable. Still getting a pretty penny though ey, sick of it all.
      Never have a I seen such a grown man seeking attention this way in my life it’s actually rather sad to see. Hope all is well at home. If you need help please seek it.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1442: Jun 30, 2023 08:11:47 am
      Never have a I seen such a grown man seeking attention this way in my life it’s actually rather sad to see. Hope all is well at home. If you need help please seek it.
      Me? Andy was pure crap last season and he gets away with any mention, weird what you said kid. he was terrible, so tell me why he wasn't, I can't be arsed with arguments.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1443: Jun 30, 2023 08:32:15 am

Add to ignore list, thats what I do. l o l
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1444: Jun 30, 2023 10:04:43 am

you are assuming he is an adult which could be a bit of a stretch.
      Form is fleeting class is permanent. Good lad our Andy on and off the pitch.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #1445: Jun 30, 2023 07:51:40 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1446: Jun 30, 2023 10:00:36 pm
      Me? Andy was pure crap last season and he gets away with any mention, weird what you said kid. he was terrible, so tell me why he wasn't, I can't be arsed with arguments.

He wasnt. Thats not an opinion its "notice me notice me".

Far from his best season but the only defender besides Ali to get pass marks for me.

Over the season 3rd behind Ali and Mo for me.

Added to ignore
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1447: Jun 30, 2023 10:04:41 pm

Maybe you should take a seat , must be tiring being that stupid
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,328 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1448: Jun 30, 2023 10:10:04 pm
      He wasnt. Thats not an opinion its "notice me notice me".

Far from his best season but the only defender besides Ali to get pass marks for me.

Over the season 3rd behind Ali and Mo for me.

Added to ignore

Robbo was OK last season for the most part. Him and Ali the best at the back. Van dijk was abysmal from start to finish. As was Trent. Gomez was gomez ... when he wasn't injured. Joel did ok but injured alot and konate looks the part but once the whistle goes ... yeah not that good. Work to be done and Robbo is the least of the issue back there. He always gives 100%. Anyone who thinks van dijk, as bad as he was last season, was giving his all must be blind. He was jogging around for the most part.

Quick Reply