Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Fiorentina)

Read 32560 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Fiorentina)
      Reply #23: Sep 01, 2017 03:09:03 am
      So is he still on or books?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #24: Sep 01, 2017 06:12:46 am

Yes, but there are still some windows open so he could be offloaded.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25: Sep 01, 2017 07:53:58 am
      Seriously, nice to see we are ruining the kids career. Surely we should just grant him a release if we aren't going to play him or let him fight for a spot.

It works both ways because it's likely he wouldn't want to be released from a highly paid contract that he probably won't get matched elsewhere
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Sep 01, 2017 09:37:47 am
      We will struggle to give him away.

Will a team looking to win things want him? Nah. And what about a team who will probably be fighting relegation? Will they want a wimp?

I've never seen anything in him to suggest he's a professional footballer. Hope a second tier spanish club show an interest, but we will still be supplementing his wages.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #27: Sep 01, 2017 09:47:40 am
      5 million it is then.

Honestly this guy is total sh*te.

I think he's mid table quality.

But even mid table quality is fetching 20 plus million these days.

Looks like no one wants him through even as a loaner.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2017 09:52:00 am
      I've never seen anything in him to suggest he's a professional footballer.

Agreed, has to be one of the worst signings ever. Is he even a football player? I've genuinely seen better at Sunday league
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2017 09:54:33 am
      Agreed, has to be one of the worst signings ever. Is he even a football player? I've genuinely seen better at Sunday league

He's not that bad he looked decent at Hull last season but he's a million miles away from top 4 club quality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2017 09:56:37 am
      Come on Klopp work your magic on the lad, I feel he just needs a combination of Klopp hugs and kicks up the arse, there IS a player there and now is the final chance to prove it Lazar.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Sep 01, 2017 12:53:18 pm
      Come on Klopp work your magic on the lad, I feel he just needs a combination of Klopp hugs and kicks up the arse, there IS a player there and now is the final chance to prove it Lazar.

Where's this player hiding?

Plays with his head down, can't pass, shoot or use his body to retain possession.

That one game vs Sunderland is still his only par performance.

Gonna end up being released and finding some obscure club to pay him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Sep 07, 2017 10:36:24 am
      Another company policy driven, 'Value for Money', punt; bought only because they thought his sell on value would increase and not for footballing reasons.

Rodgers clearly did not want him [did not play him] - anyone who says that he actively sought and bought Markovic is either a F***ing moron or a liar. 😁

Just another flop in a long list of speculative flops sadly.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33: Sep 07, 2017 11:24:13 am
      Another company policy driven, 'Value for Money', punt; bought only because they thought his sell on value would increase and not for footballing reasons.

Rodgers clearly did not want him [did not play him] - anyone who says that he actively sought and bought Markovic is either a f**king moron or a liar. 😁

Just another flop in a long list of speculative flops sadly.
      Brendan probably didn't want Markovic, because he really miss managed him and he pushed for a loan move to get away from him.
      Markovic is 23, he could become good.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #34: Sep 07, 2017 12:47:39 pm
      Brendan probably didn't want Markovic, because he really miss managed him and he pushed for a loan move to get away from him.

I remember that home game against Basel in which we had to win to qualify. Markovic came on as a sub and got himself sent off. Whether that was a red card is debatable, but, the point is that he got sent off. And, then he went on loan to different clubs and none of the clubs wants to make the deal permanent. Silva, the current Watford manager, is reputed to always get the best out of players. He is supposed to have a reputation of making the players deliver more than they are capable of delivering. He didn't want Markovic at Watford and neither was Markovics spell at Hull eye catching. Yes, there were a few good performances here and there, but, nothing to suggest to Silva that he wanted Markovic permanently. Klopp thinks the team is better off without Markovic so much so that he has not named Markovic in the CL squad.

Such has been the unanimous verdict on him that I don't even know why we paid 20mn for him. Now, in all this, how exactly did Rodgers mis-manage Markovic?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Sep 08, 2017 04:22:49 pm

Yeah, he didn't want him - that's what I said.

So, Jürgen then: I assume the same accusation of "mis-management" applies? 😒

Or... or... just throwing this out there - maybe neither of them rate the lad as being good enough and certainly not as highly as the computer program did. 😉
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 04:28:09 pm by bad boy bubby »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Sep 08, 2017 04:27:54 pm
      Yeah, he didn't want him - that's what I said.

So, Jürgen then: I assume the same applies? 😒

Haha just remembered that season where we were struggling under Brendan and the loaning out of lazy Lazar was heralded as one of the main reasons.

Of course that was all bollocks but I cannot for the life of me see why we haven't found the lad a loan move elsewhere. Surely somebody wants him somewhere?

Even the move back to Turkey looks dead.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Sep 08, 2017 04:31:13 pm
      Haha just remembered that season where we were struggling under Brendan and the loaning out of lazy Lazar was heralded as one of the main reasons.

That and not building the team round "Super" Mario. 😂
      How many games did that goat get under Jürgen?

Then again: maybe that's where Jürgen went wrong (in that first season) too so, who knows, maybe they were onto something after all. Nah... they didn't mention it at the time so that theory clearly had went walkies by then. 😂😂😂

So anyhow... can't give the kid away. 😯
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 04:46:17 pm by bad boy bubby »
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #38: Sep 08, 2017 04:34:59 pm
      I had high hopes for the lad because he has such an exotic name. Lazar Markovic rhymes with Valar Morghulis... I guess. :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Sep 08, 2017 05:03:02 pm
      That and not building the team round "Super" Mario. 😂
      How many games did that goat get under Jürgen?

Then again: maybe that's where Jürgen went wrong (in that first season) too so, who knows, maybe they were onto something after all. Nah... they didn't mention it at the time so that theory clearly had went walkies by then. 😂😂😂

So anyhow... can't give the kid away. 😯

Comedy gold indeed  :lmao:

I feel sorry for the lad. No way he should have wound up here. He's ended up a journeyman footballer when in reality he wasn't ready for a move to a club like ourselves.

Fair fucks Benfica aren't a sh*t small club, but he should have stayed there learning his trade before even thinking about moving to a tougher league.

I think there might have been someone around him looking to make a quick buck and to sell him to the first daft bas**rds with a supercomputer.

We were the daft bas**rds looking to find a cheap way to the top and we got our fingers burnt.

For the lad himself he's 23 and been shipped around all over the shop.

F**k knows what is next for him, but i've got a feeling we are waiting for some money for him that will never come before we put him out of his Anfield misery.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40: Sep 08, 2017 05:57:08 pm
      A lot of people had Moreno sold because he was on the bench or not in the squad last season, but it turns out, Klopp pulled him out to spend the whole season coaching him, and has now put him back in the first team.

So it might be a wise move to hold back on slagging Markovic, for now, as Klopp hasn't made any of us privy to his plans, and as we saw with Moreno, it doesn't really pay to second guess the boss.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Sep 08, 2017 07:42:40 pm
      A lot of people had Moreno sold because he was on the bench or not in the squad last season, but it turns out, Klopp pulled him out to spend the whole season coaching him, and has now put him back in the first team.

So it might be a wise move to hold back on slagging Markovic, for now, as Klopp hasn't made any of us privy to his plans, and as we saw with Moreno, it doesn't really pay to second guess the boss.

Fair point on Moreno. If Klopp makes Markovic into a productive player for us, it will be one of the greatest man-management achievements of his coaching career. I think he is very good technically so I'd love to see him develop the combativeness and confidence to help us. Seems like the longest of shots though.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #42: Sep 08, 2017 09:20:19 pm
      We all know players that don't work out here end up at Stoke City.
      Stokes future team  :f_tongueincheek:

Markovic       Balotelli        Benteke

Alberto
                                     Allen                Sahin       

Flano  Toure   Sakho   Smith

Jones

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: Sep 08, 2017 09:49:01 pm
      Fair point on Moreno. If Klopp makes Markovic into a productive player for us, it will be one of the greatest man-management achievements of his coaching career. I think he is very good technically so I'd love to see him develop the combativeness and confidence to help us. Seems like the longest of shots though.

I said it when he first came here and I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind; he has all the tools, he just needs to grow a pair of balls.
      If he can do that, he can contribute.
      He's quick, technically good and has a bit of flair.
      He lacks work rate and the balls to not only take a tackle, but also get in his opponents face.

That's how I see it anyway.
      If Klopp is keeping him around, it's probably not for shits and giggles ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Sep 09, 2017 06:42:48 am
      If Klopp turns him into a footballer I'll get "Boss Tha!" tattooed on my arse.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Sep 09, 2017 11:53:56 am
      First post "Liverpool want £16m for the Serbian".  ;)

Hasn't kicked a ball since Jürgen arrived and now we are being asked to believe that Jürgen wants him to stay and is going to make him whole again? Thank F**k no one wanted him then; eh? :laugh:  :laugh:

He was offered up for sale - presumably because Jürgen wanted rid (Unless he was being sold by the T.C.? Nah, that can't be, sure Jürgen's in full control) - but no c**t was daft enough to pay the asking price.  :laugh:

No amount of Whiskey, spin or delusional bullshit can dress that truth up. :-\
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 12:09:19 pm by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply