Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Fiorentina)

Read 32558 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Fiorentina)
      Reply #69: Dec 29, 2017 05:32:12 pm
      Has he been playing in the U23 side? Literally havenā€™t heard anything about him all season. Forgot we hadnā€™t sold him already.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #70: Jan 30, 2018 03:02:54 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/958349529983709185

Good deal but more money not to spend at the end of the day.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #71: Jan 30, 2018 03:10:55 pm
      How are we getting 15m for him? He's been out of the team for about 5 years :D
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #72: Jan 30, 2018 03:25:59 pm
      How are we getting Ā£15 for him? He's been out of the team for about 5 years :D
      Fixed it for you
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #73: Jan 31, 2018 12:42:32 pm
      Even the Ā£15 million bid has been binned off, they want him on loan as they're close to paying Ā£18 million to re-sign Andre Ayew.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #74: Jan 31, 2018 01:29:55 pm
      Even the Ā£15 million bid has been binned off, they want him on loan as they're close to paying Ā£18 million to re-sign Andre Ayew.

Knew it was to good to be true, another loan. I almost feel sorry for the lad.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #75: Jan 31, 2018 10:47:46 pm
      Loaned out to RSC Anderlecht, interesting move. I'll be able to watch him every game then. Anderlecht will be in Play Off I and they have a good manager. Though I do have a feeling that if Vanhaezebrouck (their manager) sticks to his usual formation, that he'll be used as an attacking wingback  :-\. Hopefully he sticks him behind their striker along with Gerkens.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #76: Jan 31, 2018 10:51:26 pm
      Loaned out to RSC Anderlecht, interesting move. I'll be able to watch him every game then. Anderlecht will be in Play Off I and they have a good manager. Though I do have a feeling that if Vanhaezebrouck (their manager) sticks to his usual formation, that he'll be used as an attacking wingback  :-\.

How physical is the Belgian League Danzel?

He mostly just didnā€™t seem up to/for it physically to me.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #77: Jan 31, 2018 11:00:52 pm
      How physical is the Belgian League Danzel?

He mostly just didnā€™t seem up to/for it physically to me.

Not very physical in terms of very high paced, open games. It's a pretty defensive league though with the focus on well organised teams and quite a few physical battles, bar a few good attacking teams, of which Anderlecht should be one (they have been very poor so far this season). As an example: I've seen plenty of strikers failing in the Belgian league, moving to the Dutch Eredivisie and becoming top scorers (Top 3) there because the Dutch league is very poor defensively compared to the much tougher Belgian league.

Anderlecht should suit him in terms of manager and playing style. He really should be running circles around the majority of defenders here, going on his time at Benfica. Also thought he looked fairly good at Hull. Not sure where he is at fitness-wise of course.

Looking at their transfer business, he might actually be playing as some kind of false 9, they don't really have any good strikers right now and Hanni, who today moved to Spartak Moscow, was playing as a false 9. Very curious about how he's going to be used. Either striker, behind the striker or offensive right wingback (hopefully not).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #78: Jan 31, 2018 11:04:55 pm
      Not physical in terms of very high paced, open games. It's a pretty defensive league though with the focus on well organised teams and quite a few physical battles, bar a few good attacking teams, of which Anderlecht should be one (they have been very poor so far this season). Anderlecht should suit him in terms of manager and playing style. He really should be running circles around the majority of defenders here, going on his time at Benfica. Also thought he looked fairly good at Hull. Not sure where he is at fitness-wise of course.

Looking at their transfer business, he might actually be playing as some kind of false 9, they don't really have any good strikers right now and Hanni, who today moved to Spartak Moscow, was playing as a false 9. Very curious about how he's going to be used. Either striker, behind the striker or offensive right wingback (hopefully not).

I thought he flitted in and out at Hull and was on the edges of the game a lot.

Had high hopes when we signed him - I thought he was gonna develop into a ā€œMo-liteā€ type.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #79: Jan 31, 2018 11:17:16 pm
      I thought he flitted in and out at Hull and was on the edges of the game a lot.

Had high hopes when we signed him - I thought he was gonna develop into a ā€œMo-liteā€ type.

Had high hopes for him too, was very excited when we signed him and he has so many good attributes that Klopp actually likes in players (his pace, tenacity, good with the ball at his feet etc). Think that red card in the CL game against Basel completely killed him mentally, he was never the same after that.

Vanhaezebrouck is one of the best coaches in the Belgian League. If Markovic listens to him and puts in the effort that VH asks from his players, I think he can come good. He still has some time to grow to his best level for the Play Offs. He'll be playing some close and physical games against the League's best, hopefully he plays well and regains some of his confidence so he can move back to a decent team and enjoy his footy again. Must be tough on a young lad after a big move at such a young age, pretty much ruined his career so far. He hasn't really done well in his other loan moves, but I do kind of feel for him if I'm honest.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #80: Jan 31, 2018 11:39:53 pm
      I see there's a couple of Serbian lads there already,so that'll help him settle i guess.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #81: Feb 01, 2018 12:06:25 am
      He must have really been sh*t in training because I don't even remember the last time I saw him out on the pitch for us!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #82: Feb 01, 2018 02:27:17 am
      A indictment of the so called transfer committee as Rodgers didn't want him and sadly for Lazar didn't fit into Jurgens style.

Moneyball signing proved to be a waste.

Quick Reply