Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Henrique Dalbert (Nice)

Read 20735 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Henrique Dalbert (Nice)
      Reply #23: Jul 29, 2017 05:51:45 pm
      I will double check his stats, but I really doubt he played 40 matches in 2017 alone. I do know about this player and he is not that good at tackling. He was inspired by Roberto Carlos so it is no wonder he is a bit more attacking minded, yet his crosses aren't brilliant. He is good because he passed well and doesn't lose the ball all that often. He would be better than Moreno since he does not switch off as much.
      Dalbert is more a complete package, he does not has such weaknesses that Arana still has at 20.

;D looks like you've done a google search, bringing up random stuff such as his supposed Roberto Carlos inspiration. And where did you look up his weaknesses? Whoscored.com?

Come on Ribapuru, let us know how many times you've actually watched Guilherme Arana? I can't say if he's better than Dalbert because I have rarely watched Nice play, but I have my reasons for suspecting you're just bullshitting again.

As for his near 40 games this season, yes, re-do your research and you'll find I'm right. I know where you got the 39 apps number (wikipedia in English - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Arana#Statistics), but those are not up to date and don't even include 2017. You need to pay more attention :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Jul 29, 2017 08:16:06 pm
      ;D looks like you've done a google search, bringing up random stuff such as his supposed Roberto Carlos inspiration. And where did you look up his weaknesses? Whoscored.com?

Come on Ribapuru, let us know how many times you've actually watched Guilherme Arana? I can't say if he's better than Dalbert because I have rarely watched Nice play, but I have my reasons for suspecting you're just bullshitting again.

As for his near 40 games this season, yes, re-do your research and you'll find I'm right. I know where you got the 39 apps number (wikipedia in English - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Arana#Statistics), but those are not up to date and don't even include 2017. You need to pay more attention :)
      so between 1st of Jan 2017 and today he played nearly 40 games? You said 2017 alone so prove it. I seen him play a few games, yes I looked at Wikipedia, that a problem for you? Regardless of appearances, I'd compare Arano to Moreno and Dalbert to Clyne right now.
      Stop pretending to know more than you do. Arana has played nearly 40 matches this year (2017) alone.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017 08:23:29 pm by Ribapuru »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Jul 29, 2017 08:58:37 pm
      so between 1st of Jan 2017 and today he played nearly 40 games? You said 2017 alone so prove it. I seen him play a few games, yes I looked at Wikipedia, that a problem for you? Regardless of appearances, I'd compare Arano to Moreno and Dalbert to Clyne right now.

I've got no problem with wikipedia, if you know how to use it. As it happens, Arana's stats in his English page haven't been updated since September 2016.

This far more up-to-date page (in Portuguese, I'm afraid) will show you he's played 37 matches in 2017 alone, and is most definitely starting his 38th tomorrow against Flamengo: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporada_do_Sport_Club_Corinthians_Paulista_de_2017#Presen.C3.A7a
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #26: Jul 29, 2017 09:17:14 pm
      I've got no problem with wikipedia, if you know how to use it. As it happens, Arana's stats in his English page haven't been updated since September 2016.

This far more up-to-date page (in Portuguese, I'm afraid) will show you he's played 37 matches in 2017 alone, and is most definitely starting his 38th tomorrow against Flamengo: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporada_do_Sport_Club_Corinthians_Paulista_de_2017#Presen.C3.A7a
      out of curiosity, when does league start in brazil?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2017 09:31:43 pm

:lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2017 09:33:02 pm
      I don't get it. Making a joke in your head about nothing and laughing? You need help. I couldn't remember if it was November or December.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017 09:39:10 pm by Ribapuru »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #29: Jul 29, 2017 09:41:32 pm
      I don't get it. Making a joke in your head about nothing and laughing? You need help.

Your stats are out of date and you don't even know when the league he plays in actually starts, but still try to give the impression you know how good he is...jog on with your bullshit
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30: Jul 29, 2017 09:44:15 pm
      Your stats are out of date and you don't know even when the league he plays in actually starts, but still try to give the impression you know how good he is...jog on with your bullshit
      I don't follow the league that much, I just watched a few games... from what I saw he is a bit like Moreno. By the way, I used to watch the odd Italian game such is Inter Milan v Juventus etc ... and saw how good Baggio was it didn't mean I watched it every week, but it beats watching Swansea v Barnsley. People are allowed to watch the odd foreign game and make an opinion about a player they saw. Next time I'll not make an opinion till I watched every game, read a biography and spoken with his manager about how he performs in training.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017 09:53:50 pm by Ribapuru »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Jul 29, 2017 09:49:02 pm
      Bloody hell every thread is just bickering rather than news, its getting quite tedious!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jul 29, 2017 10:00:14 pm

The national league starts in May and runs until November or early December. The state championships usually start in late January or February.

I couldn't remember if it was November or December.

:f_whistle:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33: Jul 29, 2017 10:04:27 pm
      The national league starts in May and runs until November or early December. The state championships usually start in late January or February.

:f_whistle:
      Ahh okay, I must have seen him play a few games nearer the start of the season, I thought that it was the end of last season. If I had a choice, I would have took Arana over Robertson. Arana could develop into a very good left back. We need somebody who can put in a tackle a bit better and at the moment that is Dalbert.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017 10:09:17 pm by Ribapuru »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34: Jul 30, 2017 08:08:07 pm

If you wanna watch Arana now, he's live on BT Sport 1, Corinthians v Flamengo
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35: Jul 30, 2017 08:11:51 pm
      What's the deal with this thread?

Haven't we already signed a left back??
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36: Jul 30, 2017 08:21:38 pm
      Used to know the odd foreign player or two but these days names and prices pop up so frequently that I barely have a clue who half of them are.

That applies to Dalbert and Arana (spider).

Same here.

It's more a time issue with me. Used to have a lot more time to watch other leagues etc but now just about find the time to watch our own matches.

Haven't even heard of this guy before.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37: Jul 30, 2017 08:24:31 pm
      Think Arana is good in FIFA or football manager...kind of think that this is where this all started....🤐
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Jul 31, 2017 07:09:47 am
      Think Arana is good in FIFA or football manager...kind of think that this is where this all started....🤐

The only person who brought up Arana was one of our Brazilian posters.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #39: Jul 31, 2017 07:48:35 am
      You need help. I couldn't remember if it was November or December.

You probably mean in general.

It's August now.

Edit: It's F***ing July :D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40: Jul 31, 2017 02:43:18 pm
      What's the deal with this thread?

Haven't we already signed a left back??

The deal is if we are linked with a player from a credible source, we can have a discussion.  Granted Mirror isn't exactly the pinnacle of reliable news, but it's an established newspaper so the rumors should be considered.

The LB we signed isn't guaranteed to be a regular first choice, I'd say we still need a quality LB. Personally I'd target a defensive midfielder and a quality CB as priority above LB as Milner can still do a job, but if we have the funds, why not strengthen? It's is one of our weak positions.

As for the player, looks good on youtube clips (they all do) but he's also a regular first teamer, young and highly rated in France. Looking at how much City are paying, this one feels like a good deal. My only concern would be his tackling. He looks speedy and can cross, but could be another Moreno, which would be a disappointment.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Jul 31, 2017 03:14:20 pm
      You probably mean in general.

It's August now.

Edit: It's F***ing July
      :D
      Now that gave me a proper titter; thanks buddy. 😂😎
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #42: Aug 03, 2017 01:27:02 am
      Guilherme Arana is 20 years old and has a total of 39 apps in all clubs in his career. He plays for Corinthians. Dalbert had 38 apps for Nice last season alone. I am not saying Arana won't be good, but he won't be first team yet, he would be a project. We need first team right now. Dalbert did brilliant at Nice last season and would easily slot straight in at Left back, Arana would be competing against Robertson.
      I'm gonna reply your posts and stop commenting in this thread because its became 100% off topic now:
      1 - Guilherme Arana would be first team ar any european side with the exception of Real Madrid, Bayern and Juventus.
      2 - stop claiming Dalbert is better than Arana, is embarrassing.
      3 - Guilherme Arana would not be competing with Robertson...Jesus, Maria e José!!
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #43: Aug 03, 2017 01:40:48 am
      I will double check his stats, but I really doubt he played 40 matches in 2017 alone. I do know about this player and he is not that good at tackling. He was inspired by Roberto Carlos so it is no wonder he is a bit more attacking minded, yet his crosses aren't brilliant. He is good because he passed well and doesn't lose the ball all that often. He would be better than Moreno since he does not switch off as much.
      Dalbert is more a complete package, he does not has such weaknesses that Arana still has at 20.

Ok this is just straight out lying.
      STOP NOW.
      He's known by his crossing and is part of the best defense of the history of Brazilian football.
      Why are you doing this??
      We're not in the 80s. Everybody here can find a stream, watch two, three games, and see you're lying.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #44: Aug 03, 2017 01:23:47 pm

We're not in the 80s. Everybody here can find a stream, watch two, three games, and see you're lying.

We don't even bother! Ribs is famous for his comprehensive research into our potential transfer targets!

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #45: Aug 03, 2017 01:26:21 pm
      I think people forget how much Jürgen rates Milner, he's still our first choice left back people. He may even switch over to the right in Clynes absence but I would be very surprised if Milner didn't start at Watford.

Quick Reply