Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Is Everton's Squad Currently Better than Ours?

Read 12521 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Is Everton's Squad Currently Better than Ours?
      Jul 28, 2017 10:03:02 pm
      Leon Osman (And some other 'impartial' pundits) believe after Everton's summer transfer dealings, they have a better overall squad than us. And with the advantage of no champions league, will finish above us.

What do you think?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Is Everton's Squad Currently Better than Ours?
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2017 10:07:40 pm
      edit:

Nah - I seriously have to ask...did he really say that??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2017 10:09:45 pm
      Leon Osman (And some other 'impartial' pundits) believe after Everton's summer transfer dealings, they have a better overall squad than us. And with the advantage of no champions league, will finish above us.

What do you think?

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2017 10:11:25 pm
      With super signing Wayne! :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2017 10:20:40 pm
      15 points difference last season, they've since lost their only goal scorer and replaced him with Rooney.

No.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2017 10:30:20 pm
      Is this a serious thread?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2017 10:31:38 pm

As serious as Everton winning at Anfield sometime this century  ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2017 10:36:21 pm
      As serious as Everton winning at Anfield sometime this century  ;D

So that's a No.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2017 10:39:18 pm
      15 points difference last season, they've since lost their only goal scorer and replaced him with Rooney.

No.

We should be looking up not down.

A dismal summer window can do that.

What was the point difference between us and Chelsea in the end?

PS. As for the OP, well I don't know if their squad is better (could be), but the longer we stand around sucking our thumb in transfer windows, then football evolution will say that sooner rather than later their squad will be stronger than ours.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2017 11:19:11 pm
      We should be looking up not down.

A dismal summer window can do that.

What was the point difference between us and Chelsea in the end?

PS. As for the OP, well I don't know if their squad is better (could be), but the longer we stand around sucking our thumb in transfer windows, then football evolution will say that sooner rather than later their squad will be stronger than ours.

Not on about Chelsea funnily enough, don't remember seeing them in the OP.

No point in the topic then because you've gotta look down to even consider Everton's squad.
      We can stand around and not sign anyone else and we will still have a better squad than them. They had Lukaku and Leighton Baines at his best when he was a class player whilst we were selling Luis Suarez and signing Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli but we were still better.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2017 11:22:38 pm
      Not on about Chelsea funnily enough, don't remember seeing them in the OP.

No point in the topic then because you've gotta look down to even consider Everton's squad.
      We can stand around and not sign anyone else and we will still have a better squad than them. They had Lukaku and Leighton Baines at his best when he was a class player whilst we were selling Luis Suarez and signing Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli but we were still better.

Never get complacent.

Never rest on your laurels.

PS.  Everton were closer to us than we were to Chelsea. Maybe we should be looking down. No wonder you didn't want to discuss Chelsea.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017 11:27:36 pm by Beerbelly »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #11: Jul 28, 2017 11:30:09 pm
      Never get complacent.

Never rest on your laurels.

PS.  Everton were closer to us than we were to Chelsea. Maybe we should be looking down. No wonder you didn't want to discuss Chelsea.

Don't want to discuss Chelsea because this thread is nothing to do with them. Sorry to disappoint you. If you want to discuss Chelsea and it means that much to you then feel free to head off to a Chav forum.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12: Jul 28, 2017 11:34:58 pm
      Don't want to discuss Chelsea because this thread is nothing to do with them. Sorry to disappoint you. If you want to discuss Chelsea and it means that much to you then feel free to head off to a Chav forum.

Or I could head down to the Chav dedicated forum on this very site.  :roll:

I think we need to close the gap on Chelsea - they do have a better squad than us.

As for Everton, who know's but it's not surprising people are already asking questions/comparisons between us and them.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017 11:39:17 pm by Beerbelly »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #13: Jul 28, 2017 11:40:06 pm
      Or I could head down to the Chav dedicated forum on this very site.

Prefer my suggestion.

As for Everton, who know's but it's not surprising people are already asking questions/comparisons between us and them.

Them signing Keane and bringing back Rooney, whilst getting rid of the player that's carried them for the last couple of seasons isn't worth worrying about.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #14: Jul 28, 2017 11:49:21 pm
      Prefer my suggestion.

Them signing Keane and bringing back Rooney, whilst getting rid of the player that's carried them for the last couple of seasons isn't worth worrying about.

See the avatar club like your suggestion soft lad.

Must be rattling cages over there.  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Jul 28, 2017 11:50:46 pm
      See the avatar club like your suggestion soft lad.

Must be rattling cages over there.  :D

Get over yourself soft lad.

Obviously have nothing to say regarding my comment about their signings then... No, ok.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16: Jul 28, 2017 11:58:34 pm
      I think we need to close the gap on Chelsea - they do have a better squad than us.

Good point that mate about Chelsea, over the two league games I thought we did well against them, but last January did for us in terms of where we finished and the points behind them. No ACON this time, juts got to hope we still get VVD as I still think we're a centre-back short and fingers crossed we don't suffer the same injury crisis we had.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17: Jul 29, 2017 12:06:54 am
      Get over yourself soft lad.

Obviously have nothing to say regarding my comment about their signings then... No, ok.

No not really. I know they've brought in a number of players with the money they made. I can't say I pay too much attention or know how good the players they brought are - well I know about Rooney (he's always been overrated) that's about it.

But if the question has been posed, as it has in the OP then surely there's got to be some merit in that?

I think, from our point - those who are quick to brush Everton off maybe right in their dismissal of them, but that shouldn't mean everything in Red is hunky dory with re. to our transfers. Not saying you have, as I'm sure I've seen a whinge or two from you about our transfer activity. If we continue to have poor windows, evolution will change the order of things.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18: Jul 29, 2017 12:12:45 am
      Good point that mate about Chelsea, over the two league games I thought we did well against them, but last January did for us in terms of where we finished and the points behind them. No ACON this time, juts got to hope we still get VVD as I still think we're a centre-back short and fingers crossed we don't suffer the same injury crisis we had.

You're right, over the two games against Chelsea we were superb - Nobody can argue that or our record against the top 6.

But it was the marathon that did us, and we all knew and said this summer was going to be important if we wanted to improve upon last season's effort - due to a lack of quality here and there. As you imply, if we go into the season with the similar squad finger crossing maybe the way to go.

Better get this back on topic...

Everton eh?  :couch:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19: Jul 29, 2017 12:15:45 am
      No not really. I know they've brought in a number of players with the money they made. I can't say I pay too much attention or know how good the players they brought are - well I know about Rooney (he's always been overrated) that's about it.

But if the question has been posed, as it has in the OP then surely there's got to be some merit in that?

I think, from our point - those who are quick to brush Everton off maybe right in their dismissal of them, but that shouldn't mean everything in Red is hunky dory with re. to our transfers. Not saying you have, as I'm sure I've seen a whinge or two from you about our transfer activity. If we continue to have poor windows, evolution will change the order of things.

Wasn't so hard now, was it.

Glad we agree on Rooney being overrated, one less player to worry about there.

In terms of our activity, I've been on the fence all summer and haven't taken any of the stories about signings all that seriously because they are constantly contradicting each other. Sorry to disappoint.
      Though, the whole public apology thing I have found very embarrassing, not been on the fence about that.

There could be a shift, you're right, but is it going to happen? I doubt it, very much like. It's not like when City came into their money, they were trying to sign the best possible players and somehow managed to bag Robinho for a start, which kind of set them on their way in terms of the bigger name players, despite him being crap for them most of the time he was there. Everton though, they've signed Keane, some guy from Ajax who from what I can gather isn't all that and completely bottled it in the Europa Final, Pickford who is just going to be a younger Migs IMO and no better than Steklenburg or Joel and Rooney. Despite us not being as active as perhaps thought, we haven't sold our best player that we have had carrying us for the last couple of years and IMO, Salah is better than the signings they've made. I'll even take a punt to say Solanke will prove to be better too.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017 12:19:56 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jul 29, 2017 12:35:34 am
      You're right, over the two games against Chelsea we were superb - Nobody can argue that or our record against the top 6.

But it was the marathon that did us, and we all knew and said this summer was going to be important if we wanted to improve upon last season's effort - due to a lack of quality here and there. As you imply, if we go into the season with the similar squad finger crossing maybe the way to go.

Better get this back on topic...

Everton eh?  :couch:

Hahahahaha

But you're right in what you were saying originally, instead of looking down at them, we should be looking up and addressing what we need to close the gap on Chelsea.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Jul 29, 2017 09:04:23 am
      I'll be embarrassed if a bitter sees this thread, they think we're worried about them 😀
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #22: Jul 29, 2017 09:49:45 am

What do you think?

No!

Quick Reply