Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The pretentiously official 2017-2018 squad thread

Read 10016 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: The pretentiously official 2017-2018 squad thread
      Reply #69: Aug 02, 2017 05:42:57 pm
      Bloody Hell yourself. The numbers i mentioned are higher.

You know the system we play. It's not set up for one guy to score the majority of the goals. Our threat is based in part on being able to hit them so many ways. Bobby can score some, but is also very good at setting up others to score. He fits very well into that system.

Oh my god, mate, think. It doesn't matter how high a number you want to attribute to Coutinho, Mane Fimino and Salah scoring, you're still down 25 goals a season because you've removed the 25 goals a season striker I proposed. I haven't suggested removing those four players, I've simply demonstrated a formation that allows for them and a 25 goals a season striker to be in the same team. Sheesh.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: The pretentiously official 2017-2018 squad thread
      Reply #70: Aug 02, 2017 06:08:55 pm
      Klopp says it best...

“I know people think about this, but in our ‘non-existing Plan B’ they always talk about offensive things but that makes not too much sense because we scored absolutely enough goals. If we concede less and score the same number, that would make the biggest difference.

“We have to be concentrated on this, we have to defend different situations better and not to think about how we could make the other teams crazy with all the qualities we have.

“With the quality and skills of the boys, you immediately have different options offensively – but to be organised is the main thing. If you have four or five very offensively orientated players then all good, that’s what everybody wants… if they are ready to defend"

“Otherwise you have no chance – you will have how we felt a few times, you can have 80 per cent possession but in the end if they have one situation then 1-0.

“We need to make sure that this one situation is not enough or these two situations are not enough against us. Being ready for these moments, that’s the next step we have to do in our progress – that we get more and more used to that we are a possession team and that we are really ready to defend these one, two or three situations the other teams have, which has hurt us so far a lot."

“We will score goals, 100 per cent. In the end, if we score one then that needs to be enough in a lot of games and gives you the freedom to improve more and more in different other offensive situations – but only if you are really organised.

“It’s about organisation. It’s about different things, but not about how I bring all my offensively skilled boys on the pitch. Who wants to be in this team needs to be ready for organisation, that’s 100 per cent – then we can play football, and very well by the way.”

We scored 8 less than Spurs last season, and conceded 16 more. Yet it is our attack that we need to change?? Don't get it myself.

Quick Reply