Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match

Read 21260 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Atletico Madrid v Liverpool: Audi Cup Final
      Reply #207: Aug 02, 2017 09:41:17 pm
      Nevertheless, this game showed how big of a gap in quality it is between our first and second teams. We don't have a second team who can earn points from decent sides. What we have is some good and promising players who could do well when playing together with the first teamers.

Normally 1st team playing are the ones playing decent sides...there is no A team and B team.

Go look at Spurs/Aresenal/United and talk to me about #12-22 and how wonderful they are and how they can beat up decent sides.

Bunch of f**king nutters coming out already in pre-season.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #208: Aug 02, 2017 09:41:28 pm
      I knew it too, I know why.. he constantly brings **** all to this Liverpool team.

He is so average that I'm amazed he is still around. He's there just to make the side and back passes, that's all. Pick any players from the squad they could do the job easily.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #209: Aug 02, 2017 09:41:49 pm
      Good run out!! Klopp needs to learn how to win a final though 🙈
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #210: Aug 02, 2017 09:41:50 pm
      Klopp is disappointed. He has to be thinking about a new captain now surely. With Lucas gone and Milner looking at the bottom of his game, has to be Coutinho if we hold onto him. Would have liked momentum going into CL qualifier.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #211: Aug 02, 2017 09:42:20 pm
      I'm not even talking about penalties mate. I'm talking about how we can rely on him in big games. As I see it, both Can and Grujic are much bigger game changers than Hendo.

Very true. Remember that game Grujic totally changed against...

And there was also that match against...

Yes it makes perfect sense!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #212: Aug 02, 2017 09:42:54 pm
      2nd half was better, I thought mainly because of Hendo and especially Grujic asserting themselves in midfield. Ryan Kent I thought did well and Origi has been good in the preseason when fit. Ward made a couple of good saves.

I am expecting our first XI to start saturday in Dublin.

Hopeful for a new center back to be in before long.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #213: Aug 02, 2017 09:43:06 pm
      The reactions on this thread over a pre-season match are dynamite.  :lmao:

I treat this game as the first real test mate. They're also the first team that parked the bus against us and we again showed that we really struggled to even have any shot on target.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #214: Aug 02, 2017 09:43:13 pm
      Not exactly but I know his trend, his moves like Dudek did in 2005. Mate take a chill pill.
      I don't think so :D

Alright ... alright maybe I over-reacted. I just hate loosing. Cheers mate.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #215: Aug 02, 2017 09:43:36 pm
      Some of you are f***in disgrace. If you have watched Henderson this pre-season, he has improved drastically with his long-pass and they all were pinpoint. He is just not good to take a penalty, so what, now we need Klopp to tell him to think twice before choosing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #216: Aug 02, 2017 09:43:53 pm
      I treat this game as the first real test mate.

Except it isn't, and the way *you* treat this game means F**k all.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #217: Aug 02, 2017 09:44:42 pm
      The reactions on this thread over a pre-season match are dynamite.  :lmao:
      So no pressure on Hendo, what about when the pressure is on?  I doubt he will even kick the ball... probably do a beckham and take half the pitch up. Real problem is our attitude to so it is only a friendly... do we wait until we lost something important to fix it? Hendo will always be an a player that makes 5 yard meaningless passes.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #218: Aug 02, 2017 09:46:16 pm
      Very true. Remember that game Grujic totally changed against...

And there was also that match against...

Yes it makes perfect sense!

Oh sarcasm I see.
      Thought Grujic was one of the big factors that contributed to our better second half today. Every time I saw him play he showed a lot more determination and directness than your average Hendo.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #219: Aug 02, 2017 09:46:40 pm
      So no pressure on Hendo, what about when the pressure is on?  I doubt he will even kick the ball... probably do a beckham and take half the pitch up.

Go to bed Riba....to many banana puffs for you tonight...you got a sugar high again.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #220: Aug 02, 2017 09:47:11 pm
      Oh f**king hell will you PLEASE behave yourself!

It's f*cking pathetic to see pros who earn a shitload of $$$ to fail to execute the most basic task in football. And don't come with "it's just luck". I know you guys from England suck in penalties, but here's a secret: you can train it up to perfection (90-95%), either by shooting precisely into the lower corners, less precisely into the upper corners or - best - shooting after looking on the goalie and how he behaves.

I feel Jürgen has to train this: CL, FA-Cup...we better have 5 good shooters and for god's sake it should also make them better all around to be able to shoot the ball precisely. Thank God, it's just preseason, so I will stop bitching here. :)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #221: Aug 02, 2017 09:47:17 pm
      Couldn't agree more (FL) We've got some right pricks on here.Pointless telling them to "get a grip".F*** Knows how these "supporters" would be if (we won't) we got demoted.One person starts the "slating" and Baaa the rest just jump on.
      Imho, Ward is by far a better keeper than Llorris and wouldn't be too far behind Migs.
       NB !! sorry about the rant (old school ) :mad:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #222: Aug 02, 2017 09:47:23 pm
      Except it isn't, and the way *you* treat this game means f**k all.

I don't give a F**k what you think mate. We're entitled to our own opinions aren't we.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #223: Aug 02, 2017 09:47:34 pm
      Some of you are f***in disgrace. If you have watched Henderson this pre-season, he has improved drastically with his long-pass and they all were pinpoint. He is just not good to take a penalty, so what, now we need Klopp to tell him to think twice before choosing.
      I watched Hendo pre season and I don't know what you have been watching. I saw one long pass and that was yesterday where he lost the ball.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #224: Aug 02, 2017 09:48:38 pm

But he missed his penalty in this critical match! Surely we should exile him to Elba, maybe disqualify him from the squad, or at the very least strip him of his armband.

What do you think would happen if we were in Bayern's shoes right now losing 3-0 and then 2-0 on home turf? Can't even imagine the meltdowns - I picture some calling for a total restart of the club.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #225: Aug 02, 2017 09:49:32 pm
      I treat this game as the first real test mate. They're also the first team that parked the bus against us and we again showed that we really struggled to even have any shot on target.

Most probably we've only got Mane and Salah that can take on defenders. Apart from that, don;t see any other players that could do that. They will just be knocking the ball around for the next 10 hours and still do nothing, moreso with Hendo on the pitch. What a difference it made when Origi inside their box to unsettle things. We played it too neat and tidy for 90 minutes.  If I'm Klopp, teams that park the bus I would now plonk 2 tall players into the box and pump those high balls into the box to unsettle things to create chances.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup FinaI: In game and Post Match
      Reply #226: Aug 02, 2017 09:49:49 pm
      I watched Hendo pre season and I don't know what you have been watching. I saw one long pass and that was yesterday where he lost the ball.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #227: Aug 02, 2017 09:50:19 pm
      So no pressure on Hendo, what about when the pressure is on?  I doubt he will even kick the ball... probably do a beckham and take half the pitch up. Real problem is our attitude to so it is only a friendly... do we wait until we lost something important to fix it? Hendo will always be an a player that makes 5 yard meaningless passes.

It was a sh*t penalty from Hendo, it would have been sh*t even if it was just a kick about in the park.
      Having said that it was a decent run out for the team and we played ok.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match
      Reply #228: Aug 02, 2017 09:51:06 pm

Against C. Palace, Hertha and even against W. Brom.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Liverpool (5-4 pens) Audi Cup Final: In game and Post Match
      Reply #229: Aug 02, 2017 09:51:07 pm
      I don't give a f**k what you think mate. We're entitled to our own opinions aren't we.

Of course you are, it's just a simple observation that if you randomly choose to treat a meaningless pre-season friendly where we started the likes of Danny Ward and Jon Flanagan and rested some of our best players as a "first real test" doesn't make it to be the case. It's still a simple pre-season fixture and fretting about it or drawing conclusions based on it is quite funny - either on a penalty miss or on whoever is a "game changer" :roll:

Quick Reply