Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

News Stories (August 2017)

Read 567 times
      RedLFCBlood
      News Stories (August 2017)
      Aug 09, 2017 09:37:59 am
      https://twitter.com/furyagmur/status/895184065841823744

The soldiers targeted were members of the Sentinelle security force, which was created after Islamist attacks in 2015.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Re: News Stories (August 2017)
      Reply #1: Aug 10, 2017 02:07:46 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Aug 10, 2017 02:22:42 pm
      Kinell what's the world coming to?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Aug 10, 2017 02:37:58 pm
      In profile: Members of the Newcastle grooming gang busted by police

http://news.sky.com/story/in-profile-members-of-the-newcastle-grooming-gang-busted-by-police-10981849

At least 278 victims have been identified following a police investigation into the grooming and abuse of teenage girls in Newcastle and Gateshead.

As questions are asked over the role of a child rapist informant in the case, Sky News takes a look at the 17 men and one woman who have been brought to justice.

Four have been jailed, while 14 others await sentencing:

:: Saiful Islam

The 35-year-old, of Strathmore Crescent, Newcastle, picked up a drunk 15-year-old on the street and raped her after telling his wife he was going night fishing.

Islam, who was jailed for 10 years, spotted his victim outside a supermarket on his way home from work and returned after making the excuse to his wife.

He then bought the victim Malibu, took her to premises where he and friends knew they could abuse girls and coerced her into having sex.

:: Yasser Hussain

The 28-year-old, of Canning Street, Newcastle, was jailed for witness intimidation and assault after telling a young girl he had seen in the street that "everybody wanted her six feet under".

Hussain was sentenced to two years in prison for the attack and for allowing his premises to be used in the supply of drugs after a jury heard how he hosted parties.

:: Abdul Sabe

The 40-year-old, of Dean House, Walker, Newcastle, was convicted of conspiracy to incite prostitution, conspiracy to traffic for sexual exploitation, conspiracy to sexual assault, and supplying drugs to victims.

He was already on the sex offenders' register.

:: Badrul Hussain

The 37-year-old, of Drybeck Court, Newcastle, was convicted of allowing drugs to be used at his premises and of supplying drugs.

A jury heard he made an outburst to a ticket collector on the Tyne and Wear Metro, saying: "All white women are good for one thing, for men like me to f*** and use as trash.

"That is all women like you are worth."

:: Carolann Gallon

The 22-year-old, from Hareside Court, Newcastle, admitted three offences of trafficking girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation.

The decision to put her before the courts was referred to the Director of Public Prosecutions, with the view taken that she was an active part of the gang and not a victim herself.

More profiles in the link stating convictions for others..
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,203 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2017 03:50:05 am

Holy Sh*t, I just watched the cam video
       WOW!!!  What was her background?  Job? Political status? Because to me, ot looked intentional. Almost like a targeted attack. It was just too random. The jogger avoided other's and then just pushed her with purpose.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2017 05:27:22 pm
      Barcelona: Van hits crowds in Ramblas tourist area

A van has ploughed into crowds in Barcelona's Las Ramblas tourist area.

Spanish police say several people have been injured in a "massive crash", while emergency services are urging people to stay
      away from the area around Plaça de Catalunya.

Reports from the scene say people are taking cover in nearby shops and cafes.

Reuters news agency reports that emergency services have requested the closure of local metro and train stations.

El Pais newspaper said the driver of the vehicle had fled on foot after mowing down dozens of people.

Steven Turner, who works in the area, told the BBC: "People in my office saw a van ramming into people on Las Ramblas.

"I saw about three or four people lying on the ground."

"There are lots of ambulances and armed police with assault rifles around now."

Details of this incident are still unclear, but vehicles have been used to ram into crowds in a series of attacks across Europe since July last year.

Aamer Anwar said he was walking down Las Ramblas, which was "jam-packed" with tourists.

"All of a sudden, I just sort of heard a crashing noise and the whole street just started to run, screaming. I saw a woman right next to me screaming for her kids," he told Sky News.

"Police were very, very quickly there, police officers with guns, batons, everywhere. Then the whole street started getting pushed back.

"Police officers who got there just started screaming at people to move back, move back."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40965581
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017 05:32:35 pm by HUYTON RED »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2017 05:46:39 pm
      My first instinct if i see someone in trouble is to help them not to f**king film them
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2017 05:49:45 pm
      Sky's Breaking News Bar claiming that local radio in Barcelona are reporting 13 have been killed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2017 06:07:15 pm
      There's been a huge backlash against tourists in Barcelona recently, with graffiti all over, and several organised groups.

They say that so many tourists are forcing the locals out, and driving prices too high.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with this.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,322 posts | 2277 
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2017 06:31:00 pm
      My first instinct if i see someone in trouble is to help them not to f**king film them

Agree.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2017 06:31:28 pm

This ^^

Very sad news regarding Barcelona, thoughts with all those injured and of course the families and friends of those lost. Cities will require barriers soon in places where people gather, there has to be action against this because the car is such an easily obtained weapon when in the wrong hands. It's far too easy to commit this horrific crime.

R.I.P.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2017 06:47:31 pm
      There's been a huge backlash against tourists in Barcelona recently, with graffiti all over, and several organised groups.

They say that so many tourists are forcing the locals out, and driving prices too high.

Doubt it mate, driver has already been identified as Driss Oukabir, one of the rental vans was hired by him.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #12: Aug 17, 2017 07:05:51 pm
      There needs to be new legislation for renting cars. Maybe making tourists and even citizens having to apply to their local embassy for photo card rental license, who will have the responsibility to determine their own nationals risk.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Aug 17, 2017 07:17:12 pm
      There needs to be new legislation for renting cars. Maybe making tourists and even citizens having to apply to their local embassy for photo card rental license, who will have the responsibility to determine their own nationals risk.

Then they just rob a car Riba.

Bollards in areas of high density will be the answer in my opinion. Not disruptive to people on the street but enough to prevent these tragedies. They're simply becoming far too common to believe they will go away without action.

How would it be paid for, an increase in council tax would be the logical answer to that one. It would be a few pounds each at most (per month), remember not every street just cities and town centres.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2017 07:58:50 pm

Bollards in areas of high density will be the answer in my opinion. Not disruptive to people on the street but enough to prevent these tragedies. They're simply becoming far too common to believe they will go away without action.

How would it be paid for, an increase in council tax would be the logical answer to that one. It would be a few pounds each at most (per month), remember not every street just cities and town centres.
      Need Bollards everywhere!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Aug 17, 2017 08:57:42 pm
      Terrible scenes R.I.P to all the victims.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,477 posts | 579 
      Reply #16: Aug 17, 2017 09:56:24 pm
      Heard the news on the car radio on the way back from work...still can't quite believe it. I know it's not surprising in the sense that we know these c*nts are intent on killing innocents wherever they can, but it's always a shock to see it happen. Anger is never far behind....

And I know Barcelona well having lived there in 2015; it's where I met one of my best friends. It's an amazing place to live -- the weather, the food, the modernist architecture, the beautiful ladies...without a doubt I'll be going back.

R.I.P. to the victims of this horrific attack.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2017 10:11:45 pm
      And people were having so much fun with Trump.

What a way to spoil a party.

Mind you, if anyone can...

RIP
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 12:24:51 am by Beerbelly »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,013 posts | 1375 
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2017 10:19:10 pm

Don't think so mate seems a bit extreme for an anti tourism act.

It appears to be another terrorist attack by pathetic extremist losers.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2017 10:42:45 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Aug 18, 2017 09:29:06 am
      Seems there was a house blown up and 5 other members of a cell wearing fake suicide vests shot and killed by Police.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21: Aug 18, 2017 10:43:48 am
      Seems there was a house blown up and 5 other members of a cell wearing fake suicide vests shot and killed by Police.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a case of defence from the left on this regarding the Reconquista.

That's usually what happens, right?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #22: Aug 18, 2017 10:57:05 am
      Doubt it mate, driver has already been identified as Driss Oukabir, one of the rental vans was hired by him.

yes I'm afraid it appears to be yet another criminal who's been radicalised. OK time to get tough now on radicalisation and that starts with banning all religious practice from prisons, if someone wants to worship they do it in their won cells but no religious congregations. Next these hate preachers need to be hunted down, no more pussy footing around in fear of upsetting muslims, if they don't appreciate why its necessary then f**k them to. This is a war and we will win, because hate must never be allowed to win and terror must never be allowed to win.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #23: Aug 18, 2017 10:58:57 am

Automatic bollards in pedestrian areas, with some intelligence built in, so that if they sense a car driving at speed or out of control they get erected automatically, bollocks to the cost of implementing this, it needs to happen in all major cities, now.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #24: Aug 18, 2017 11:00:49 am
      yes I'm afraid it appears to be yet another criminal who's been radicalised. OK time to get tough now on radicalisation and that starts with banning all religious practice from prisons, if someone wants to worship they do it in their won cells but no religious congregations. Next these hate preachers need to be hunted down, no more pussy footing around in fear of upsetting muslims, if they don't appreciate why its necessary then f**k them to. This is a war and we will win, because hate must never be allowed to win and terror must never be allowed to win.

Agree entirely with all of that.

Only a hunch but I think we (UK) know a lot of the suspects and hate preachers and personally I wouldn't be bothered if they just disappeared over time on the quiet.

Enough is enough......but hey hold on haven't we said this before?

Quick Reply