Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Woodburn v TAA v Brewster

Read 5797 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Woodburn v TAA v Brewster
      Reply #46: Sep 08, 2017 11:53:01 am
      Don't bother me a bit whether Woodburn represents Wales or England. More importantly. he is a Liverpool player. Him being in the Wales team may be a blessing in disguise and perhaps less chance of injury, unlike Lallana playing at 110% for the national team and come back injured for long spell. LFC is bigger than anything, except for your family members, players need to be reminded.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 03:05:58 am by redkop63 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #47: Sep 08, 2017 04:53:25 pm
      The one thing I'm sure of from watching all 3 players (TAA most, obviously) is that all 3 have fantastic technique.
      The way Woodburn took the ball down before scoring the other night was an absolute joy to see.

I've seen a lot of these young lads fall by the wayside over the years, so I can't confidently make a prediction, but confidence aside, TAA I think will be a good player.
      But then I thought Wisdom had a bright future with us as well.

I always thought with Wisdom that his problem was ge never had the physique of a full back but wasn't going to get games as a centre half.

I think Trent is a more natural fit for that position.

My one problem with Woodburn is that to play as a 10 at a top club is so difficult because its a position where clubs spend a lot of money on and usually they are the star of the team.

He needs a system to suit him and a run of games in his favoured position and thats very hard to get in such an important roll in a high pressure environment.

Even Coutinho could struggle at the moment to get into the team with our 2 lightning wide men, and our 3 hard working midfielders all looking good so far.

With that in mind I think Trent will get the most opportunity to shine in the next few years and could displace Clyne as the first choice right back. Ben could struggle for a way in to the team.

Brewster will similarly struggle to get past the big names in his position with Firmino, Sturridge and Solankie now ahead of him with Ings and Origi still about too.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #48: Sep 08, 2017 07:16:49 pm
      Don't bother me a bit whether Woodburns represents Wales or England. More importantly he is a Liverpool player. Him being in the Wales team may be a blessing in disguise and perhaps less chance of injury, unlike Lallana playing at 110% for the national team and come back injured for long spell. LFC is bigger than anything, except for your family members, players needs to be reminded.

Agree that he's better off out of the England set up.  Pressure from idiotic pundits, pressure from moronic journalists, pressure from ignorant fans.
      He'll enjoy playing for the Welsh team. They're a team after all, unlike the 3 lions.  Big difference.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Sep 09, 2017 02:18:02 am
      I've been meaning to post in here for a while but I simply can't make up my mind. Firstly, I don't know enough about Brewster to include him in my personal evaluation but even narrowing it down to two I can't split them.

Trent has everything a footballer needs to go to the very top. Physique, intelligence, attitude, talent, technique, opportunity. I really can't see a scenario where he doesn't go on to make a successful career with us, the lad is a star in the making without question. Legend is a tough word to use though, even when talking about potential but he's the closest thing I've seen to Gerrardesque talent in a long, long time.

Woodburn is completely different in terms of physique but in terms of intelligence I think he's equally far ahead. There's something about the way he uses the ball that just ticks the right boxes, of course passes will miss their targets but you always get a glimpse of the idea behind the pass and I just love what I see with this lad. Also the way he strikes a ball, when you can connect that true so often, then with time you're going to become prolific from range. Shooting, imo, is less about accuracy than it is about the shape of a shot, sure they finish up in the corner but what I mean is that from every area of the pitch there is an arc that gives the keeper the least opportunity to save it, no matter if it's in the corner or not and Woodburn already displays the quality to take advantage of this. This is why I think his future is definitely in midfield and out of the two lads, if they both maximised their potential then Woodburn could genuinely be a legend.

I will say that it was so close between the two that I'm still not confident I've got it the right way around and wont be for a few years yet, these lads, at this young age can sky-rocket or plateau, so I just hope under the guidance of Jürgen and the excellent coaches around him that we can help these lads become the best they possibly can.

Quick Reply