Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

Read 13459 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
      Reply #115: Sep 06, 2017 06:00:38 pm

No according to your profile it is you who are the fivetimescharm.

I'm neither an FSG Hater nor an FSG Supporter. I criticise them where I feel it's appropriate to do so, and praise them in a similar manner. I simply don't go around hysterically accusing them of all manner of things without offering up the slightest bit of evidence to support my argument. I believe the truth of them, as with most things, lies somewhere in the middle for me. They are neither the best nor the worst owners we could have. I agree they have underinvested over the years but I'm willing to acknowledge that they've also done some good things.

Did you actually digest the post you comment on?
      I did say that I have fully supported FSG for the majority of their tenure until their modus operandi became apparent in the last 2 or so years.
      I state that they have underinvested and you agree with the premise; hardly hysterical and I would be obliged if you could point out to me where else I criticise them ''for all manner of things''. 

Furthermore, I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked a simple, civil question. You claim you are sick to death of being accused of an 'unthinking FSG hater', but then offer up vague statements rather than concrete solutions all the while accusing FSG of creating false economies without offering up the slightest bit of evidence to back up such an assertion. Is it any wonder people accuse you of such.

I never suggested you accused me of anything, I was answering verbatim the posts in reply to other ''none FSG supporters'' who question my doubts about the owners.

Backing the club in a true financial context, as in the case of the Red Sox where millions of their own dosh has been invested, false economies such as stripping the team of credible strength in depth, a situation that has seen our campaign fu**ed up time and time again.

When these shortcomings are highlighted it does provoke an hysterical response from a number driven by an agenda. 

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #116: Sep 06, 2017 06:15:02 pm
      Think Phil is going to survive the anguish he must feel....on his way back from Brazil with Bobby.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Sep 06, 2017 06:17:29 pm
      OK, just to clear a couple of things up;
      Not all people who don't join in the stuey led witch hunt due to the sacking of KK are "supporters" of FSG, in fact I'd hazard a guess that none of them are. Some are fair minded giving credit where it's due, others simply seek to correct a few of the more outlandish lies put forth by the posters who insist that anyone who doesn't share their point of view is some kind of traitor.

John Henry sold shares to Mike Gordon, making him the 2nd largest shareholder in FSG.
      The reason for this was so that Gordon could take over the running of LFC.
      This happened about 3 years ago.

To address the incredible level of ignorance that gives rise to pejorative terms such as "Boston Enclave" which is meant to convey a distant and cold ownership who simply don't care about the club, I refer people to the point above regarding Mike Gordon, who spends most of his time in this country, along with Tom Werner.
      To add to this, the idea that a few miles mean distant and uninterested is not only laughable, it's ironic when the very same posters are conversing with people all round the world.
      It's 2017, teleconferencing, email, skype and a host of other tools exist and have done for many years.
      The idea that you have to be in close proximity to make a decision or care about something is sheer stupidity.

Once again, we have the same people trotting out the same tired old sh*t with complete disregard for facts, and then hounding and name calling their fellow supporters when they disagree.

That's what it comes down to; anyone that disagrees with their F***ing tripe is labelled a "stooge" or an "apologist", when the truth is far different.
      Those who are currently being called the latest buzzword, are those I have seen previously taking the owners to task, but of course in the mind of the terminally bewildered who type via an online thesaurus that matters not at all.

These are people who have gone from "They saved us" to "They sacked KK" to "They are ripping off the club" to now slagging fellow supporters for seeing things differently.

It's laughable, it really is.
      Perhaps if some of them put as much effort into supporting the team, posting in match threads and player threads instead of making every single F***ing post about what they think are the failings of the owners, this would be a happier and more harmonious place.
      Frankly, I've given up trying to explain anything or put across a point of view, because all that happens is that I get labelled, just as others are getting labelled now.
      We've lost a load of really good posters because oif this sh*t, and in the end, all that will be left will be robotic tw*ts wandering through deserted threads robitically mouthing "Boston Enclave, Boston Enclave".
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #118: Sep 06, 2017 06:21:50 pm
      Think Phil is going to survive the anguish he must feel....on his way back from Brazil with Bobby.

Personally, I think all this talk of a strike is bollocks, but I suppose you never know.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #119: Sep 06, 2017 06:47:47 pm
      OK, just to clear a couple of things up;
      Not all people who don't join in the stuey led witch hunt due to the sacking of KK are "supporters" of FSG, in fact I'd hazard a guess that none of them are. Some are fair minded giving credit where it's due, others simply seek to correct a few of the more outlandish lies put forth by the posters who insist that anyone who doesn't share their point of view is some kind of traitor.

John Henry sold shares to Mike Gordon, making him the 2nd largest shareholder in FSG.
      The reason for this was so that Gordon could take over the running of LFC.
      This happened about 3 years ago.

To address the incredible level of ignorance that gives rise to pejorative terms such as "Boston Enclave" which is meant to convey a distant and cold ownership who simply don't care about the club, I refer people to the point above regarding Mike Gordon, who spends most of his time in this country, along with Tom Werner.
      To add to this, the idea that a few miles mean distant and uninterested is not only laughable, it's ironic when the very same posters are conversing with people all round the world.
      It's 2017, teleconferencing, email, skype and a host of other tools exist and have done for many years.
      The idea that you have to be in close proximity to make a decision or care about something is sheer stupidity.

Once again, we have the same people trotting out the same tired old sh*t with complete disregard for facts, and then hounding and name calling their fellow supporters when they disagree.

That's what it comes down to; anyone that disagrees with their F***ing tripe is labelled a "stooge" or an "apologist", when the truth is far different.
      Those who are currently being called the latest buzzword, are those I have seen previously taking the owners to task, but of course in the mind of the terminally bewildered who type via an online thesaurus that matters not at all.

These are people who have gone from "They saved us" to "They sacked KK" to "They are ripping off the club" to now slagging fellow supporters for seeing things differently.

It's laughable, it really is.
      Perhaps if some of them put as much effort into supporting the team, posting in match threads and player threads instead of making every single F***ing post about what they think are the failings of the owners, this would be a happier and more harmonious place.
      Frankly, I've given up trying to explain anything or put across a point of view, because all that happens is that I get labelled, just as others are getting labelled now.
      We've lost a load of really good posters because oif this sh*t, and in the end, all that will be left will be robotic tw*ts wandering through deserted threads robitically mouthing "Boston Enclave, Boston Enclave".

Next up we'll see laptop pointing towards the pitch sat in the dugout. Klopp can watch the game from home and can do his subs and chest pumps from his bed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #120: Sep 06, 2017 06:54:07 pm
      Next up we'll see laptop pointing towards the pitch sat in the dugout. Klopp can watch the game from home and can do his subs and chest pumps from his bed.

Yeah, because a manager at a match is exactly the same as having a meeting about sponsorship.   :roll:
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #121: Sep 06, 2017 07:23:26 pm
      stuey led witch hunt due to the sacking of KK
      You need to get a grip

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #122: Sep 06, 2017 07:27:29 pm

I'd watch that stream
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #123: Sep 06, 2017 08:52:59 pm
      Actually, what the most laughable thing about all this is, is FSG said they wouldn't sell Coutinho, then went on to not sell Coutinho and some fans are still unhappy that FSG had the audacity to keep their word! If that is not irrational I don't know what is.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #124: Sep 06, 2017 09:24:00 pm

No according to your profile it is you who are the fivetimescharm.

Did you actually digest the post you comment on?
      I did say that I have fully supported FSG for the majority of their tenure until their modus operandi became apparent in the last 2 or so years.
      I state that they have underinvested and you agree with the premise; hardly hysterical and I would be obliged if you could point out to me where else I criticise them ''for all manner of things''. 

I never suggested you accused me of anything, I was answering verbatim the posts in reply to other ''none FSG supporters'' who question my doubts about the owners.

Backing the club in a true financial context, as in the case of the Red Sox where millions of their own dosh has been invested, false economies such as stripping the team of credible strength in depth, a situation that has seen our campaign fu**ed up time and time again.

When these shortcomings are highlighted it does provoke an hysterical response from a number driven by an agenda. 

Dude, they don't invest in the Red Sox.  It's the same as LFC.  They can spend what they make.  It's not freaking rocket science.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #125: Sep 06, 2017 10:04:10 pm
      Dude, they don't invest in the Red Sox.  It's the same as LFC.  They can spend what they make.  It's not freaking rocket science.

Check it out dude.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #126: Sep 06, 2017 10:53:03 pm

Is right.

Then again, you're replying to a fella that insisted they were taking money out of LFC to spend on the Red Sox, so probably best not to waste your time.
      He's clueless.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #127: Sep 06, 2017 11:54:33 pm
      Topic Locked.

It appears the opening post of this thread

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

Has been proved truthful.

Quick Reply