Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

Read 13504 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
      Reply #69: Sep 04, 2017 04:59:48 pm
      Did They?? I thought Utd wanted Giezman or Morata, Lukaku was 3rd choice.
      Plus didn't Citeh want Sanchez, what happened there?

Every club misses out on targets, with the exception of VVD we got everyone we wanted this window.

You are missing the point

They recognised their weaknesses

They then then listed the best player to cover those weaknesses.

They might not of got the first, second choice but they got a player who will (possibly) make a difference.

They recognise a problem and did there best to solve it
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #70: Sep 04, 2017 05:24:49 pm
      Well done to the owners for keep Phil
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #71: Sep 04, 2017 05:37:20 pm
      Well done to the owners for keep Phil

You wouldn't think that people would have to use things like keeping your best players as accomplishments. Kind of shows you where we are to be honest.

Well done though I guess.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #72: Sep 04, 2017 05:51:40 pm
      You wouldn't think that people would have to use things like keeping your best players as accomplishments. Kind of shows you where we are to be honest.

Well dones should be reserved for when we sign players who complement the likes of Coutinho and help to create a great team of our own.

F*ck this blithe acceptance that we should have to fend off the interest of other clubs when we sign a player who threatens to become world class!

We didn't win five European cups only to be a feeder club to Barca and Real, yet at times it feels like our own fans are being brainwashed into accepting the inevitability of losing our best players, because who could resist the lure of blah blah blah...f*ck off and do one (how do you EVER build a successful dynasty with that Arsenal-like mentality?)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #73: Sep 04, 2017 05:57:31 pm

Yeah, we are not Barca or Real. People will really slay FSG if they had sold Coutinho. But they've worked hard to back Jürgen to keep the player. So we've to really give it to them. The accomplishment is really relative to the offer size. Walking away from a big offer is the real achievement I'd say. It takes guts. I'd have sold for £130m if it were my choice.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #74: Sep 04, 2017 06:01:45 pm

I do moan about the bad things they do. So it's only right I compliment on the good.

Hopefully I the near future we will be in a position where our best players don't want to leave
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #75: Sep 04, 2017 06:15:32 pm

There's a big difference between forcing an unhappy player to stay and keeping your best player happy and wanting to stay.  It's a shame we don't try a little harder to make the 2nd of those happen....
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #76: Sep 04, 2017 06:25:48 pm
      There's a big difference between forcing an unhappy player to stay and keeping your best player happy and wanting to stay.  It's a shame we don't try a little harder to make the 2nd of those happen....

It's relative. Liverpool or Barca? And of course player's personal preference. There aren't many Agger, Robbie, Stevie or Carra who want to be here forever these days. Therefore let Klopp first take us to the pinnacle of Champions League. We will naturally attract and keep top talent. For now we've to live with the fact that our better players will be poached by clubs like Barca. At least we defended Coutinho from leaving.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #77: Sep 04, 2017 06:47:23 pm
      It's relative. Liverpool or Barca? And of course player's personal preference. There aren't many Agger, Robbie, Stevie or Carra who want to be here forever these days. Therefore let Klopp first take us to the pinnacle of Champions League. We will naturally attract and keep top talent. For now we've to live with the fact that our better players will be poached by clubs like Barca. At least we defended Coutinho from leaving.

Bullshit.  We have top class players like VVD rejecting the advances of other clubs because he wanted to sign for LFC, but we never even put a bid in.  You can say that Southampton wouldn't have sold until you're blue in the face, but the reality is that they would have if we'd have offered enough money.  We supposedly had another 100M in our transfer budget this summer, yet we never even bid for our manager's #1 target....

Coutinho wants to leave because we repeatedly show a lack of ambition in the transfer market....
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #78: Sep 04, 2017 07:34:21 pm
      Coutinho can go F**k him selfe
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #79: Sep 05, 2017 12:49:49 am
      Well dones should be reserved for when we sign players who complement the likes of Coutinho and help to create a great team of our own.

F*ck this blithe acceptance that we should have to fend off the interest of other clubs when we sign a player who threatens to become world class!

We didn't win five European cups only to be a feeder club to Barca and Real, yet at times it feels like our own fans are being brainwashed into accepting the inevitability of losing our best players, because who could resist the lure of blah blah blah...f*ck off and do one (how do you EVER build a successful dynasty with that Arsenal-like mentality?)

This is it isnt it? hooray, we have managed to keep a player who recently signed a new 5 year contract with us, good on FSG!

Our transfer window has been sh*t, I applaud the glass half full folks, I do, but to me, its all pathetic. I was all for letting him go for that ludicrous bid Barcelona put in for him, the only thing holding me back from wanting to sell him?

WE WOULDNT BLOODY SEE IT.

That money would go straight into their pockets, not on new players, not improving the squad, simply on paying for that next bottle of champagne at the next meeting, chowing down that caviar to make those meetings worthwhile.

However its not being a feeder club that bothers me, its the lack of ambition we have all around. Klopp has ambition, we have ambition, the board? not so much.

We tried to sign players, but failed, no backups, no second choices, we failed to get the main targets and so hey ho, lets move on.

I especially love the Man Utd arguments, well they never got their targets either! No they didnt, but they still bloody spent money on improving their squad with alternatives didnt they?

So lets celebrate that FSG have managed to keep a player under a FIVE YEAR contract, lets celebrate the fact that once injuries and fatigue hit our team we will once again be fu**ed, lets celebrate this fantastic board we have in control of our club, failed on our targets but managed to keep a player here who is under contract....

Fecking YAY.....
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #80: Sep 05, 2017 07:09:22 am
      Ah but it doesn't excuse FSG, they are still bas**rds and apparently we are a selling club, hence why Can wants to leave! ;-)

I would be ever so grateful if you could advise me of where/ when fsg said " we are a selling club" thanks.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #81: Sep 05, 2017 07:43:46 am
      Interesting posts about 'we shouldn't be saying well done for not selling Phil'.

Now while I agree to a degree I will also state that a lot of people with their constant complaining and false prophesy about FSG have set the bar that low for them. Some had it as a guarantee that Phil would go and to harp on and on about that... and then to say F**k all when he's not is a slight on their character in my eyes.

Imagine saying to someone 'I bet you F**k up' for months on end... they don't F**k up and then you're reply is to say nothing. After all the sh*t talk in the months prior you say... nothing. Or even worse you say 'ah you should have never done it in the first place'. Then why even bring it up! Just attack, berate, change the argument and repeat.

What kind of person does that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #82: Sep 05, 2017 09:05:17 am
      😂😂 "False prophesy"? Brilliant. 😂😂

'The Guardians Of The Fallacy' are actually claiming a victory here. Oh. Holy. F**k.

Tell you what; let's give them it, poor things.

"False prophesy" 😂 - what about the other 13 windows and countless F**k ups you Muppets; do they not count? Seriously like; listen to yourselves. 🙄

Ask yourselves - How did I come to follow Liverpool FC?  Football, nationality of owners, business acumen? Be honest you FSG Reds.

Wealthy multi-millionaire investors do not need your loyalty. 🙄

#MisplacedLoyalty.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2017 10:11:37 am by bad boy bubby »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #83: Sep 05, 2017 09:11:55 am
      😂😂 "False prophesy"? Brilliant. 😂😂

'The Guardians Of The Fallacy' are actually claiming a victory here. Oh. Holy. F**k.

Tell you what; let's give them it, poor things.

"False prophesy" 😂 - what about the other 13 windows and countless f**k ups you Muppets; do they not count? Seriously like; listen to yourselves. 🙄

#MisplacedLoyalty.

''Tis true mate, they "said it all along".
       :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #84: Sep 05, 2017 09:15:33 am
      I'll say it again, factoring in Chhammpions League qualification money, we've effectively spent zero net this summer...

Now if we'd spent the £200m 'war chest' surrounding players like Coutinho, Mane, Firminho with quality we may not have to fend off interest, alas next summer it will probably be Barca and PSG were trying to fend off.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #85: Sep 05, 2017 09:25:38 am
      ''Tis true mate, they "said it all along".
       :lmao:

Monkeys. Keyboard. Long enough. Shakespeare.

Great to see FSG not going back on their word on Coutinho OR... VvD [😉] - credit it where it's due but the sight of the Guardians celebrating by mocking? Sad and a tad vulgar but funny as F**k.  😂😂😂
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #86: Sep 05, 2017 10:16:05 am
      Lets hope they Cavan convince him to stay by assuring him of their intention to make us great again 😎
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #87: Sep 05, 2017 10:46:55 am
      Interesting posts about 'we shouldn't be saying well done for not selling Phil'.

Now while I agree to a degree I will also state that a lot of people with their constant complaining and false prophesy about FSG have set the bar that low for them. Some had it as a guarantee that Phil would go and to harp on and on about that... and then to say f**k all when he's not is a slight on their character in my eyes.

Imagine saying to someone 'I bet you f**k up' for months on end... they don't f**k up and then you're reply is to say nothing. After all the sh*t talk in the months prior you say... nothing. Or even worse you say 'ah you should have never done it in the first place'. Then why even bring it up! Just attack, berate, change the argument and repeat.

What kind of person does that.

What kind of person drips on like this about 'slight on their character' and spouts off about how people have problems with authority if they don't like FSG?

Who made you the moral compass of the forum?

Pot. Kettle. Black.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #88: Sep 05, 2017 11:03:34 am
      In all honesty with regards Phil whether we have "kept" him or not remains to be seen. Sure we haven't yet sold him and in that sense we've succeeded, but if he continues not to play, or (and this is surely FSG's nightmare scenario) he comes back and has one of his ordinary periods, then we haven't really done ourselves any favours.

As it stands, "keeping" him is much the same as Chelsea have kept Diego Costa. Hopefully he can be brought back into the fold Luis Suarez style for one last hurrah, but it's by no means a given.

One things for sure, I wouldn't be doing the na-na-nana-na's to other posters just yet with these owners.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #89: Sep 05, 2017 11:07:54 am
      I'll say it again, factoring in Chhammpions League qualification money, we've effectively spent zero net this summer...

Now if we'd spent the £200m 'war chest' surrounding players like Coutinho, Mane, Firminho with quality we may not have to fend off interest, alas next summer it will probably be Barca and PSG were trying to fend off.

Do you think Phil would want to leave if we'd been the ones to trigger Neymar's release clause?  What about if we'd signed a couple of world class players in June?  By the time his transfer request rolled around, we'd signed Salah, Solanke, and Robertson.  What a statement of intent....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #90: Sep 05, 2017 11:54:26 am
      I would be ever so grateful if you could advise me of where/ when fsg said " we are a selling club" thanks.

Not FSG it was the venerable Stuey who came out with that statement, no facts but then he never needs that.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #91: Sep 05, 2017 01:24:58 pm
      Why don't we start offering to buy Messi?  His buy out clause is only 300M Euros., which we can afford with our war chest.

Let's start getting up Barca's noses for a change.

Quick Reply