Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

Read 13317 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Aug 11, 2017 11:22:01 am

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/271620-fsg-statement-on-philippe-coutinho

Thank God. If this transfer happens, FSG needs to be shown the door but let's be positive, the best decision to come out and say it!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
      Reply #1: Aug 11, 2017 11:46:06 am
      Not before time,
       not going to have a go at FSG except to say this should have been said a week ago,
      But they have said it now and have at the same time assured us that they are behind Jürgen and will indeed  back him for the time being.

.......but they did forget to say............

....So F**k OFF BARCA!!

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2: Aug 11, 2017 11:47:21 am
      A thread for this?

Ah f**k it

It's like a new signing!

We have to say it that Coutinho showed us respect durind this saga, he did not throw his toys out of the play-pan or submitted a transfer request.

Well done to all parties: Klopp, FSG and Coutinho's party.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #3: Aug 11, 2017 11:48:32 am
      Not before time,
       not going to have a go at FSG except to say this should have been said a week ago,
      But they have said it now and have at the same time assured us that they are behind Jürgen and will indeed  back him for the time being.

....So F**k OFF BARCA!!

YNWA

But good time before our opening game. No protests, no nothing. Let just win our first game.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4: Aug 11, 2017 12:05:22 pm

But why?

The club through Klopp and all sources have been repeating it time and time again since the rumours first started. For fans that should have been enough. But no, the media keep on asking the questions (desperate for a transfer saga story) and many of our fans kept on lapping it up.

Clearly frustrated that part of the fan base regurgitate endless questions of FSG capabilities and integrity to run the club - taking this Coutinho story as the latest controversy to attack them with - have decided to release the statement.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #5: Aug 11, 2017 02:00:08 pm
      We have to say it that Coutinho showed us respect durind this saga, he did not throw his toys out of the play-pan or submitted a transfer request.

Did he or didn't ???
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Aug 11, 2017 02:03:18 pm
      If they sell after this statement... I don't know how they can recover
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2017 03:09:11 pm
      If they sell after this statement...

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2017 03:22:54 pm

I knew that, but have they not rejected it? Good sign in my eyes
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2017 03:49:23 pm
      I knew that, but have they not rejected it? Good sign in my eyes

No "formal request"
      Not for sale at any price
      Formal request (allegedly) on the same day reports were saying "Barca had to cancel their official unveiling"
      Original statement still stands

Meanwhile on Planet Zog, "Coutinho's a c**t", "No he's not", "Yes he is, F**k it, sell the w**ker"
      And on and on it goes.

If FSG stand by their statement, then Coutinho will still be our player until next summer at least.
      The only thing that can change that is Klopp saying "OK Phil, if that's how you want it, off you F**k" and I honestly don't see that happening.
      He's a professional, he'll get on with the job.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2017 08:42:36 pm
      If they sell Coutinho, and keep their 200M war chest due to not splashing out in prior windows, they basically got the club for free.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Aug 11, 2017 09:19:36 pm
      Better stick by it.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2017 09:25:40 pm
      Not before time,

....So F**k OFF BARCA!!

YNWA

What they should have said was " What are they smoking over in camp nou "
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2017 10:17:37 pm
      Yes we want to keep him but I think now that Coutinho has put in a transfer request Klopp will be resigned to losing him. Suarez was a bigger loss. We wanted to keep him but he wanted out.

If he goes it won't reflect badly on FSG, they said he's not being sold before the T request came in. If a player doesn't want to stay then it's better all round that he goes.

If he does stay the whole thing could turn bitter and nasty. Coutinho will only have to look disinterested in one game, even for a few minutes and the grief will kick off.

The only people who show loyalty are the fans.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2017 10:31:25 pm
      I think FSG learned from RB and Keita. That's how you handle it - with balls. Two weeks ago I might have liked the idea of a trade Cuntinho for Suarez and some role player, but now it's too late. In any way, I want this dude gone by next year, there are plenty of whores to choose from, why choose one who openly rejects you? You wouldn't do that in your brothel, so why in your football club?

But I don't see problems for this season. If 8/31 is gone, everything will be settled. Cunti will play serious football to make sure Barca's interest holds and we will have time to look around for Keita & Co.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Aug 11, 2017 10:44:56 pm
      I think FSG learned from RB and Keita. That's how you handle it - with balls. Two weeks ago I might have liked the idea of a trade Cuntinho for Suarez and some role player, but now it's too late. In any way, I want this dude gone by next year, there are plenty of whores to choose from, why choose one who openly rejects you? You wouldn't do that in your brothel, so why in your football club?

But I don't see problems for this season. If 8/31 is gone, everything will be settled. Cunti will play serious football to make sure Barca's interest holds and we will have time to look around for Keita & Co.

This what I mean when I say it could turn bitter and nasty if he stays. Once the T request came in that was it in my opinion, best to sell. May be they know they will sell but want Barca to pay £100m. But the T request changed the situation for sure.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Aug 11, 2017 10:55:07 pm
      But the T request changed the situation for sure.

Changes nothing according to the club.

World cup year, dream Barca move, little Phil best get over his back injury soon and earn his right to both.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Aug 11, 2017 10:57:05 pm
      It's on a knife edge. If we hold out only to accept the inevitable we will be forced to pay way over the odds and could just blow £60m of it on a last ditch desperation buy.

I don't think keeping a player who doesn't want to be here is the best idea. Coutinho in putting in a transfer request will not get a slice of the fee. Although Barca might have told him they will engineer a way for him to get his cut. But still putting in a request should be a signal to us to get shut for the highest price and get replacements lined up.

Hardly the ideal prep for the opener is it.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #18: Aug 11, 2017 10:57:31 pm
      This what I mean when I say it could turn bitter and nasty if he stays. Once the T request came in that was it in my opinion, best to sell.

Well, but he extended his contract just yet to a whopping 2022 and then on top of that waited till the beginning of a new season for a transfer request?!? What is this dude thinking, who's advising him? He knows we cannot replace him, he knows how core he is for us!

But I think this won't turn ugly, other than fans with pride and honor like me bashing him seasonlong for this obvious sign of non-love as well as disrespect for the thing we love and respect. The World Cup in 2018 and Barca will push him to give everything for us. That's enough, he won't get love, at least from me, not even if we win the triple and he makes 100 goals.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Aug 11, 2017 11:17:09 pm

He certainly did  . Maximum respect to him for doing so.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20: Aug 11, 2017 11:22:20 pm
      If they sell Coutinho, and keep their 200M war chest due to not splashing out in prior windows, they basically got the club for free.

Asset stripping its called.

You're right.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Aug 11, 2017 11:22:30 pm
      Well, but he extended his contract just yet to a whopping 2022 and then on top of that waited till the beginning of a new season for a transfer request?!? What is this dude thinking, who's advising him? He knows we cannot replace him, he knows how core he is for us!

But I think this won't turn ugly, other than fans with pride and honor like me bashing him seasonlong for this obvious sign of non-love as well as disrespect for the thing we love and respect. The World Cup in 2018 and Barca will push him to give everything for us. That's enough, he won't get love, at least from me, not even if we win the triple and he makes 100 goals.

Well yes but he could of sat on his contract and picked up an even bigger signing on fee. I'm not narked at Countinho, it's Qutar money distorting the market. But we knew that sooner or later Barca or Real would come knocking.

We are not a selling club but we know the realities. Players, esp Spanish speaking players will want to play for Barca, Messi and Real with Ronaldo etc.  How can we make a stand against what they offer. Coutinho has hardly kicked a ball in the C/L for us and he watched the club sell Suarez and others. Nah...get shut for the max.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Aug 11, 2017 11:30:00 pm

They know the fans are watching. Any excessive profit taking will be stink the place out.

Quick Reply