Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

Read 13311 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Re: FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
      Reply #23: Aug 12, 2017 08:30:50 am
      Before this statement I'd said to a mate yesterday we should say to Coutinho win us a league title win something of note for us then you can have your move like we should have done with Suarez,  bring us some glory and earn your move...
      Anyway back to this I'm glad, Barca and Real need to be stood up to, they're only the biggest clubs cos everyone let's them bully clubs. F off Barca
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: Aug 12, 2017 09:38:25 am
      He certainly did  . Maximum respect to him for doing so.

Did he or didn't? That's my question now.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #25: Aug 12, 2017 09:43:14 am
      Did he or didn't? That's my question now.

Unfortunately he did.

Just remember this for next time: If FSG come out with a "statement" about one of their high profile players just give it 48hrs, (or in this case just a few) before handing it out the superlatives.

This sh*t has happened before, like it did yesterday, it will probably happen again.

Their "statements" are an occupational hazard.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Aug 12, 2017 10:00:34 am
      I was behind with the news.

Transfer request ?

One day before the season starts and 20 days to find a replacement.

Your advisers are showing bad form, Phil, as you are to your fans , the club and your team mates.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #27: Aug 12, 2017 10:20:26 am
      Well they can't sell after this statement without looking like the world's biggest muppets, undermining Klopp and facing unprecedented levels of fume.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #28: Aug 12, 2017 10:36:03 am
      Unfortunately he did.

Just remember this for next time: If FSG come out with a "statement" about one of their high profile players just give it 48hrs, (or in this case just a few) before handing it out the superlatives.

This sh*t has happened before, like it did yesterday, it will probably happen again.

Their "statements" are an occupational hazard.

So you think it was rebellious after they gave the statement. Like counter move?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Aug 12, 2017 11:00:38 am
      Ask yourself why FSG made the statement? What really was the point? They'd already turned down the offers, why the grandstanding and a "public" statement?

IMHO they knew full well Phil wanted out, knew full well he'd put a transfer request in if necessary, and crucially knew full well that they WERE prepared to sell at the right price, either now or at Christmas.

Get the statement in early, "it wasn't us, we didn't want to sell him, honest".
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30: Aug 12, 2017 11:02:12 am
      Ask yourself why FSG made the statement? What really was the point? They'd already turned down the offers, why the grandstanding and a "public" statement?

IMHO they knew full well Phil wanted out, knew full well he'd put a transfer request in if necessary, and crucially knew full well that they WERE prepared to sell at the right price, either now or at Christmas.

Get the statement in early, "it wasn't us, we didn't want to sell him, honest".

Or it was to reassure the fanbase who are sure that they will sell?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31: Aug 12, 2017 11:06:17 am

;D if that was the reason it massively failed.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2017 11:09:12 am

And to try and preempt any transfer request my Coutinho, sending him a public statement it would be a waste of time?

I think FSG have been guilty of a lack of ambition in who they have brought in. They deserve criticism for that during their time here overall. But an unequivocal public statement that they are not selling Coutinho is not something I am going to start complaining about. It is exactly what I would want from them here.

Now if they back down on it, then I will complain.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2017 11:11:30 am

Would you be more reassured they weren't going to sell him if they were saying nothing?

Personally I'd be less.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2017 11:14:40 am
      Would you be more reassured they weren't going to sell him if they were saying nothing?

Personally I'd be less.

Nothing they can say would reassure me. I don't trust the f****** an inch.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35: Aug 12, 2017 11:14:54 am

Because our fans would criticise them even if they took a picture of Phil round at JWH's house with a home cooked meal on the table, a warm embracing hug between the two and Phil wearing a t-shirt saying 'I'm going nowhere'.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36: Aug 12, 2017 11:21:57 am
      So you think it was rebellious after they gave the statement. Like counter move?

No I don't.

I think they knew he was going to hand it in and got their statement out there first.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2017 11:23:23 am
      No I don't.

I think they knew he was going to hand it in and got their statement out there first.

if they knew about the request, they need to keep their word and keep him here for another season.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2017 11:51:40 am
      No I don't.

Precisely.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2017 12:20:48 pm
      Nothing they can say would reassure me. I don't trust the f****** an inch.

Me neither. I wouldn't trust any owners.
      But if FSG were NOT saying they weren't going to sell him, then it would be more likely that they will sell him.

They still may well sell him of course, but I'm not sure they will. Are you?

If they were saying nothing, I'd know he was on his way.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #40: Aug 13, 2017 06:23:27 am
      Woop de doo, another F***ing statement from our great overseers.

Tell you what, sign some F***ing players and improve the team and then we wouldn't be so concerned about losing a key man because we would know there is a plan in place.

But no, do F**k all for the summer and then issue a F***ing statement like they always do when the natives get restless.

F**k off. cu*ts.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Aug 13, 2017 09:06:44 am
      No I don't.

What i've been told is there was a meeting on Thursday with Coutinho (his brother attended the meeting with him) who admitted he'd like the club to agree a deal with Barca, it was spelt out clearly the reasons why we couldn't allow him to leave this window, it left Coutinho with little doubt that he wouldn't be sold, there was no mention of any transfer request during the meeting.

The club based on the meeting issued the statement misjudging Coutinho's intentions, Phil submitted his request, subsequent denial, then acceptance it had been submitted and rejected saw Klopp walk out of training in anger on Friday.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42: Aug 13, 2017 09:15:29 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Aug 13, 2017 01:19:30 pm

Like I said mate, just what ive been told (could be wrong, could be right), just sharing it.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Aug 13, 2017 07:46:32 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3178437/liverpool-prepare-for-coutinho-exit-by-lining-up-insigne-as-his-replacement

The statement from FSG could not possibly have been ANY clearer. Cou not going anywhere. Nowhere. Black and white, big letters.

If they buckle, could not possibly believe anything FSG say ever again. They must know this. They're already on thin ice. So what if this came out before Cou's transfer request, that didn't change anything to my mind, we already knew he was angling to leave.

And the backdrop to this is the biggest anti-climax of a transfer window in as long as I can remember.

Big few weeks for the owners, and the manager. Need to keep Cou. And try to sign more players. We've signed 3 players, only 1 that Jürgen is prepared to start. ONE!!!!!!!!! Still can't get my head round it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #45: Aug 13, 2017 08:50:04 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3178437/liverpool-prepare-for-coutinho-exit-by-lining-up-insigne-as-his-replacement

The statement from FSG could not possibly have been ANY clearer. Cou not going anywhere. Nowhere. Black and white, big letters.

If they buckle, could not possibly believe anything FSG say ever again. They must know this. They're already on thin ice. So what if this came out before Cou's transfer request, that didn't change anything to my mind, we already knew he was angling to leave.

And the backdrop to this is the biggest anti-climax of a transfer window in as long as I can remember.

Big few weeks for the owners, and the manager. Need to keep Cou. And try to sign more players. We've signed 3 players, only 1 that Jürgen is prepared to start. ONE!!!!!!!!! Still can't get my head round it.

Been thinking the same mate, they really can't go back on what they have said given the tone and assertiveness of the statement without looking very weak.

Quick Reply