Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (20.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (5.9%)
      Emre Can
      4 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      24 (23.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      26 (25.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (12.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: Aug 16, 2017 02:31:55 pm

Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34580 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Aug 12, 2017 03:50:39 pm
      FIRST HALF.......

SHITESHITESHITESHITESHIT ESHITESHITESHITESHITESHI TESHITESHITESHITESHITESH ITESHITESHITESHITESHITES HITESHITESHITE !!!!

SECOND HALF....

LESS sh*te, TAD BETTER, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH, GK sh*te, MIDFIELD sh*te, LITTLE CREATION, CHUCKED AWAY AT THE END !!!!

Ratings;

Mignolet -5

TAA  8

Matip 6

Lovren 5

Moreno 5

Henderson 4

Gini   3

Can  6

Mane  7

Salah  8

Firmino  7

Subs;   4 each

Hey Jürgen the window is still open, we need players pronto, and quality players to boot, I know you couldn't land your 'A' plan targets but for the sake of our campaign we really really do need to strengthen,

those players  today will perform better, of course they will, however, to be in contention of the title, to be in contention in the CL, to be in contention of a CL spot next season we need to add to our squad, our midfield is simply not good enough, but add a Ousa Dembele, a Marco Rues, (ACL aside), a Julien Weigle, its a different kettle of budgies,

add a commanding, dominant keeper with vision & bravado, with bottle, with the capability to deliver quality 'out' balls, give our CB's confidence instead of f***in kittens,

add, VVD, this week, tomorrow, just f***in get him ff's, he wants to come here, £65m well spent, just do it, we got the dollar, haven't we ?

We could not beat Watford ff's, we should be brushing these aside, that first half was embarrassing, ALARM BELLS should be ringing, and please, please please get rid of that god aweful zonal marking, it doesn't suit us at all because our defenders  simply can't f***in play it, we invite teams to score and 9 times out of ten they generally do, that first goal today there was at least 6/7 players stood static, I mean wtf, please get back to man marking, and stop giving away easy goals,

here's a wee shopping list for you to ponder over in the next few days.....

GK, Jack Butland, CB, VVD,  DM, Weigle, Ratitic,, AM, Keita, Reus, Dembele, Mahrez, Dele Ali, we got the dollar, lets f***in spend it, we'll get most of it back when Coutinho  fucks of to Catalonia, any five of those above will suffice, but please include a GK.

We still have time to improve the squad, its what we need, NOW !!

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #760: Aug 12, 2017 03:50:41 pm
      I agree, Bobby might have had it if he'd played the full 90, certainly wasn't much between them. Really unsure what people see when they watch him, he won back more balls than our midfielders, he set up so many chances and linked up brilliantly with Mane and

Did you count the number of times he gave the ball away, man for a proffesional footballer his passing is awful.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #761: Aug 12, 2017 03:52:23 pm
      Can someone tell how on earth Trent is on the win for MOTM, he gave away then second goal and not taking it with his lefty?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #762: Aug 12, 2017 03:53:37 pm
      It's pretty f***in bad.

Chelsea won it last year cos they were one of the few teams that could defend. Ditto Leicester the year before.

Hopefully the Chavs defending collapses this season as well, but it's no good if ours remains sh*te.

People praise the fairytale of Leicester but don't realise it was an embarrassment that two banks of four and a long ball to Vardy won the league.

F***ing shocking isn't it? The 3-3 draw at Watford perfectly exemplifies that. The scoreline suggests it was a quality match, the reality is that both teams were embarrassing with not one standout player. I would genuinely support a breakaway European super league. We could probably win that thing unlike this bastarding league.

EPL tarts thumb their nose at leagues like France and Italy but their top teams would walk our league.

Imagine Real losing 3-0 to Osasuna or some sh*te.

Utterly embarrassing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #763: Aug 12, 2017 03:55:20 pm
      nd and I had a feeling we'd concede late on. They're a joke, they really are. It's the same old sh*t from last season. What has Klopp had them doing during pre-season because it clearly isn't anything constru

F**k, not looking good for us, they will end up buying VVD now!!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #764: Aug 12, 2017 03:57:21 pm
      Can someone tell how on earth Trent is on the win for MOTM, he gave away then second goal and not taking it with his lefty?

Local lads get away with more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #765: Aug 12, 2017 03:58:35 pm
      Did you count the number of times he gave the ball away, man for a proffesional footballer his passing is awful.

I don't think you watched the game bud. Firmino was class. He's typically playing 1v3 the way he gets marked and he never goes down for a foul. Dude is a tank and has skills to boot. Without him today we'd have been sunk, I was baffled when Klopp took him off. He is so important to our pressure and the way we play the game. If any of our midfielders were as good as him, we'd be going somewhere.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #766: Aug 12, 2017 04:01:04 pm
      I don't think you watched the game bud. Firmino was class. He's typically playing 1v3 the way he gets marked and he never goes down for a foul. Dude is a tank and has skills to boot. Without him today we'd have been sunk, I was baffled when Klopp took him off. He is so important to our pressure and the way we play the game. If any of our midfielders were as good as him, we'd be going somewhere.

Have to agree. Isolated a lot, yet his first touch and close control to hold the ball up was excellent. If he had midfielders pushing up to support rather than standing with their heads in a twist we'd look a lot better.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #767: Aug 12, 2017 04:02:33 pm
      Could be worse look at Chelsea!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #768: Aug 12, 2017 04:10:44 pm
      Our midfield was atrocious today. Front three look pretty good, but midfield was slow to react and other than Can a few times, basically uninspiring. Sure it's not that hard for Klopp to find players better than what we have that will improve our midfield. Oh that's right, there's only one and he's not for sale. Shame.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #769: Aug 12, 2017 04:12:30 pm

Couldn't give less of a f*ck about Chelsea. They could lose by 100 and it still wouldn't change the fact that we f*cked ourselves out of 2 points and we looked like absolute sh*t.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #770: Aug 12, 2017 04:15:21 pm
      It was a poor opener and it highlights just how much we need a dominant center half and a creative center-mid. Hopefully this will stir the club to sticking in a bid for VVD, better hurry up coz Chelsea will be on the phone st 5pm to do the same.

The positive was seeing the danger and movement of Salah and Mane. The other positive was the dead ball delivery from TAA, it was OUTSTANDING.

We've got a huge game on Tuesday night. Do we have it in us to play compact and then in the counter? That's what we should be doing away in Europe but we'll probably go out an lose 3-2!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #771: Aug 12, 2017 04:16:01 pm
      not great but......not a toy throwing tantrum.still don't get why people are so hostile.Onwards.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #772: Aug 12, 2017 04:16:32 pm
      Local lads get away with more.

because he was one of our better players, he's 18 ff's and gave everything he could, apart form perhaps Salah, he was a motm  for me, his delivery was exquisite and defended well, yes he made a mistake or two, but compere him to the seasoned pro's playing alongside him, you might just understand why ?

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #773: Aug 12, 2017 04:16:34 pm
      Couldn't give less of a f*ck about Chelsea. They could lose by 100 and it still wouldn't change the fact that we f*cked ourselves out of 2 points and we looked like absolute sh*t.

Am guessing your more of a glass half empty kind of a guy?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #774: Aug 12, 2017 04:18:05 pm

because he was one of our better players, he's 18 ff's and gave everything he could, apart form perhaps Salah, he was a motm  for me, his delivery was exquisite and defended well, yes he made a mistake or two, but compere him to the seasoned pro's playing alongside him, you might just understand why ?

YNWA

I think he still has a ways to go in terms of getting stronger but his dead ball delivery plus a couple of his crosses were superb every time. The lad looks the real deal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #775: Aug 12, 2017 04:18:30 pm
      If we were 3-2 down and got the last minute equaliser it would feel a lot different for the same result.

I genuinely believe Klopp will learn a lot from this game and take the appropriate actions.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #776: Aug 12, 2017 04:18:45 pm
      Am guessing your more of a glass half empty kind of a guy?

I'm just not concerned about someone else's glass.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #777: Aug 12, 2017 04:18:47 pm
      Absolute sh*t are Chelsea we are just sh*t and looks like the less sh*t wins this season so I wouldn't be completely  disappointed in this regard yet.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 04:26:58 pm by nikos »
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #778: Aug 12, 2017 04:21:12 pm
      We REALLY need investment in the midfield and the defence. The pro FSG folks can defend the owners for all they want. But there is a problem, a glaringly obviously problem and the club does nothing to fix it. At one point firminho had to come to the middle to collect the ball so that he can create something. There are absolutely no leaders out there including the man who is wearing the armband. I hope that TAA(yes, knee her.. But we are desperate)   can step up soon and wear the armband because he seemed to take more responsibilities than he is expected to.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #779: Aug 12, 2017 04:23:59 pm

I watched all of the second half and 15mins of the first.

Firmino's poor passing is nothing new btw he seems to find it difficult making a simple 10 yard pass.

Will find some stats later on to back up my point.

Are you going to claim Salah's goal was an amazing pass or a bad miss from Firmino?  :D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #780: Aug 12, 2017 04:28:04 pm
      The performance of our midfield shows the bad mistake of getting rid of Joe Allen, who seems to have more go in him than Can has shown since he's been here.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #781: Aug 12, 2017 04:29:59 pm
      cant believe people are picking at firmino after THAT performance from LFC......
      scored a pen, his touch to salah to win the pen was gorgeous, and made the 3rd whether he meant it or not!

fact is, we will get nowhere defending like this. its abysmal and nothing seems to be changing. mad.

Quick Reply