Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (20.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (5.9%)
      Emre Can
      4 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      24 (23.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      26 (25.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (12.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: Aug 16, 2017 02:31:55 pm

Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34581 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Aug 12, 2017 06:29:07 pm
      Same here mate, bit of an over reaction from many in here. Clear we are short a couple players and we've got a squad that cannot cope with the loss of Coutinho, Lallana and Studge. Bring 2-3 more in and keep the Brazilian and we have the potential to be in terrific shape.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #806: Aug 12, 2017 06:31:16 pm
      Trying to be optimistic, but it's really the same issues that plagued us all last year....why should we expect that we are going to magically change them without adding any quality defenders.

Moreno made an admirable showing today, he looks like he's learned he can't be a headless chicken all the time. TAA was pretty solid, but really no more solid than Clyne would have been. He does have a nice dead ball delivery though but defensively he's still a little shaky at times in spots where I'd expect Clyne's experience to show him the right way to play out from the back or to defend against incomings.

Matip, pretty much the same, when  he's healthy he's a really good, steady option and seems to be a leader on the pitch.

Lovren...what can I say....he's starting to remind me of Moreno of two seasons ago. Rash challenges, trying to hard when he should take the easy route and loafing when he needs to be urgent. Can't play a pass through the air to save his life.

As for midfield...wasn't Gini was playing until sometime in the second half when he had a few somewhat positive touches. Hendo was typical other than he wasn't running his balls off like you  expect him to. Saw him jogging back on defense more than a few times (isn't he a defensive midfielder?). Can is still frustrating. Offensively he can be quite exciting at times, but when  it comes to defense he's still got a bit of bulldozer in him and will concede silly fouls.

Mignolet....no comment.

Front three I thought were pretty good, but even still, Watford marked them close and made it hard on them at times. Credit to them for their organization.

The Coutinho factor...I really thought we came out flat and stayed flat for a lot of the game at least up until we scored the two goals to go ahead. I think people would be kidding themselves to say that it didn't have an effect on the boys and for that Phil you can piss right off.

I sure hope Klopp has something up his sleeve for our qualifier. Hoffenheim will be better than Watford. This could get tricky if we don't get it together.

Make a bid for VVD already, should be sent to Southampton today, no more playing around and no more apologies. It's time to start rattling cages. I'd also go back in with a big bid for Keita and I wouldn't mind seeing us in for another creative midfielder player and even a midfield destroyer. Vidal or that cat from Roma with the crazy mohawk. Either one of them would do. Someone that's not afraid to do the dirty work. I think Can tries to be that sometimes but it's just not his game.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #807: Aug 12, 2017 06:39:54 pm
      Did you count the number of times he gave the ball away, man for a proffesional footballer his passing is awful.

Agreed, didn't look sharp today, gave possession away constantly in the first half, somewhat better in 2nd. Read someone describe his 'sumptuous lob' for the 3rd goal - that was a shot!, Salah just happened to be in the right place to get on the end of it, as he had been on many occassions, pity he couldn't take one of his many other chances.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #808: Aug 12, 2017 06:42:16 pm
      Agreed, didn't look sharp today, gave possession away constantly in the first half, somewhat better in 2nd. Read someone describe his 'sumptuous lob' for the 3rd goal - that was a shot!, Salah just happened to be in the right place to get on the end of it, as he had been on many occassions, pity he couldn't take one of his many other chances.

Squawka Football‏Verified account @Squawka

Roberto Firmino's game by numbers vs. Watford:
      100% take-ons completed
      4 blocks
      3 take-ons
      2 chances created
      1 assist
      1 shot
      1 goal
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #809: Aug 12, 2017 06:46:03 pm
      I genuinely believe Klopp will learn a lot from this game and take the appropriate actions.

Dunno, has he not seen that before, many times?! And thought the action was to be taken during the summer, when we were promised plans were already in place, with lots of money available to buy new (quality) players.
      Since then, more guys have left than have come in.  What needs to be done is simply not getting done.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #810: Aug 12, 2017 06:54:49 pm
      Another stoppage time goal conceded, apparently nothing has changed, defensive wise anyway !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #811: Aug 12, 2017 06:58:50 pm
      Squawka Football‏Verified account @Squawka

Roberto Firmino's game by numbers vs. Watford:
      100% take-ons completed
      4 blocks
      3 take-ons
      2 chances created
      1 assist
      1 shot
      1 goal

I'm not wearing an 'I hate Bob' t-shirt. He's done well for us. Just think he was very poor today in general. Not sure if this Squawka guy actually watched the match! :)

I'd been very critical of TAA, but thought he was much improved. Not perfect. But for a FB, his set piece deliveries should have had us at least one more goal.  Point being, amn't going to bash a guy cause I have some vendetta. If Bob plays better next week, will say.

I'm not sure what those stats prove in fairness. What does '100% take-ons completed' mean?  Cause he gave the ball away constantly, particularly first half.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #812: Aug 12, 2017 07:01:15 pm
      cant believe people are picking at firmino after THAT performance from LFC......
      scored a pen, his touch to salah to win the pen was gorgeous, and made the 3rd whether he meant it or not!

fact is, we will get nowhere defending like this. its abysmal and nothing seems to be changing. mad.

MOTM   I put him down for.   

Armchair critics on Bobby's back yet again .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #813: Aug 12, 2017 07:03:52 pm
      Just home from work.

Same old story for us it appears.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #814: Aug 12, 2017 07:05:31 pm
      Hendo is sh*t he just pass it sideways Gino just OK can is slow as f**k

This
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #815: Aug 12, 2017 07:22:44 pm
      I'm not wearing an 'I hate Bob' t-shirt. He's done well for us. Just think he was very poor today in general. Not sure if this Squawka guy actually watched the match! :)

I'd been very critical of TAA, but thought he was much improved. Not perfect. But for a FB, his set piece deliveries should have had us at least one more goal.  Point being, amn't going to bash a guy cause I have some vendetta. If Bob plays better next week, will say.

I'm not sure what those stats prove in fairness. What does '100% take-ons completed' mean?  Cause he gave the ball away constantly, particularly first half.

I'm not sure where everyone is getting that he was constantly giving the ball away. I watched the entire game and short a couple of wayward passes (the entire team is guilty of that), he was absolutely fantastic given that he was seldom given any space to operate and routinely deals with fouls without going down asking for them. He's relentless in his pressure, rarely loafs and usually is involved when we score a goal, one way or the other.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #816: Aug 12, 2017 07:23:07 pm
      Mane will be next player will be hard keep when go other top club knows how win things sad true we not going win anything with klopp or fsg both need go

Jesus fella - geez peace.....what's with the Klopp agenda?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #817: Aug 12, 2017 07:41:19 pm
      Local lads get away with more.

They shouldn't. Trent cost us a goal like Wijnaldum.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #818: Aug 12, 2017 07:42:27 pm
      I what klopp win things same as next fan but he not leaning and spend bit money not saying spend like man city but least try get couple more players better that what we have
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #819: Aug 12, 2017 07:46:48 pm
      Until the defence is sorted, it will be an uphill struggle like previous seasons. Tired of pointing the obvious out tbh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #820: Aug 12, 2017 07:49:31 pm
      We actually started defending set pieces okay at the end of last season but reverted back to type, so frustrating as going forward even without lallana and phil we look pretty potent
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #821: Aug 12, 2017 08:00:36 pm
      Same here mate, bit of an over reaction from many in here. Clear we are short a couple players and we've got a squad that cannot cope with the loss of Coutinho, Lallana and Studge. Bring 2-3 more in and keep the Brazilian and we have the potential to be in terrific shape.

Mate we've had to cope without Stu for 3 seasons now.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 08:49:15 pm by bazspeedman »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #822: Aug 12, 2017 08:06:18 pm
      Haven't seen the match yet, but from what I've read, it's same sh*t different year a far as defence is concerned.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #823: Aug 12, 2017 08:07:26 pm
      Sell Coutinho and buy a bloody central defender. VVD is not the only good centre back in the world.
      Sooner have Gary Medel than Lovern
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #824: Aug 12, 2017 08:11:00 pm
      Mane will be next player will be hard keep when go other top club knows how win things sad true we not going win anything with klopp or fsg both need go

You're talking out your arse now.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #825: Aug 12, 2017 08:12:09 pm
      Well he's under contract and we don't have to sell him.

If he wants to sulk for a season and ruin any chance of joining Barca next Summer that's his problem not ours.
      That's the point... It is our problem... Sell him now and we still have 19 days to bring someone in, plus a possible ÂŁ100+ m in which to do so, or sell him next season for less and have this season ruined
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #826: Aug 12, 2017 08:14:22 pm
      British/Irish  goalkeeper and centre halves required. Whatever they might lack in style theyll make up in heart and bravery. Body on the line mentallity would save us loints like today

Sick of liverpool men ducking at corners etc
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #827: Aug 12, 2017 08:15:56 pm
      Far too many walking around smiling after conceding goals today. Not enough angry snides driven to win. Soft underbelly exposed again today.

No b***ard, no c**t, no snide, nobody who is always at the ref, no iron, no leaders. Not enough of anything a side with aspirations of winning big should have.

Bar 3 or 4, throughout the whole squad, it's all very nice and average.

Quick Reply