Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (20.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (5.9%)
      Emre Can
      4 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      24 (23.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      26 (25.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (12.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: Aug 16, 2017 02:31:55 pm

Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34575 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Aug 12, 2017 08:23:16 pm
      No b***ard, no c**t, no snide, nobody who is always at the ref, no iron, no leaders. Not enough of anything a side with aspirations of winning big should have.

Bar 3 or 4, throughout the whole squad, it's all very nice and average.

It's not a question of build either, look at Mane, he has that arrogance.

Saw after they went 2-1 up Hendo literally jogging away from the penalty area as if he didn't have a care in the world. First game of the season and just trotting back to the kick off positions. Sh*t like that winds me up, a captain should be rallying his troops, lighting fires and demanding more. If that was leading by example the others were following like sheep.

Partly why I wanted Grujic in there so we couldn't be bullied, he is a unit and he's got a bit of that growl about him. Just give someone a snarl and a "back the f**k up". Throughout the first half our lads were second to every bouncing ball in the middle of the park, not just because they were against bigger men (see Lucas if you need to see how a shorter guy can win those battles) but the desire just isn't bubbling.

It's why Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum should never be the 3, they're made too similar, accept failure as "oh well, we'll do better next time" and don't understand the sheer malaise some of their play spreads throughout the team and transmits to the fans, infuriating.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #829: Aug 12, 2017 08:31:34 pm
      Watford were poor today
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #830: Aug 12, 2017 08:44:21 pm

Yea they should have beat us easily.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #831: Aug 12, 2017 08:46:55 pm

Compared to previous years or other teams? I thought they looked very well organised and motivated today
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #832: Aug 12, 2017 08:47:28 pm
      That's the point... It is our problem... Sell him now and we still have 19 days to bring someone in, plus a possible £100+ m in which to do so, or sell him next season for less and have this season ruined

Why would we sell Cou for less next season?

If anything his value will rise even more.

What's the point in having  £100 million to panic buy with?

Have you not seen now this worked out for us in past seasons?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #833: Aug 12, 2017 08:48:32 pm

Gary Medel is not a CB mate.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #834: Aug 12, 2017 08:52:02 pm
      Yea they should have beat us easily.

Or we should of beat them easily.

They were there for the taking
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #835: Aug 12, 2017 09:12:15 pm
      Compared to previous years or other teams? I thought they looked very well organised and motivated today

It seem to me you are making excuses where non are deserved
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #836: Aug 12, 2017 09:22:25 pm

First half, yes.  Second half, we should have killed the game off early, could have been 4/5-2 to us tbh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #837: Aug 12, 2017 09:27:23 pm
      First half, yes.  Second half, we should have killed the game off early, could have been 4/5-2 to us tbh.

In fairness we hit the post when we well on top, if that had gone in we would have won with ease, its just a bit of bad luck in not finishing the game off, we really weren't as bad as some are saying, but we can of course play much much better, especially in defence.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #838: Aug 12, 2017 09:33:36 pm
      It's not a question of build either, look at Mane, he has that arrogance.

Saw after they went 2-1 up Hendo literally jogging away from the penalty area as if he didn't have a care in the world. First game of the season and just trotting back to the kick off positions. Sh*t like that winds me up, a captain should be rallying his troops, lighting fires and demanding more. If that was leading by example the others were following like sheep.

Partly why I wanted Grujic in there so we couldn't be bullied, he is a unit and he's got a bit of that growl about him. Just give someone a snarl and a "back the f**k up". Throughout the first half our lads were second to every bouncing ball in the middle of the park, not just because they were against bigger men (see Lucas if you need to see how a shorter guy can win those battles) but the desire just isn't bubbling.

It's why Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum should never be the 3, they're made too similar, accept failure as "oh well, we'll do better next time" and don't understand the sheer malaise some of their play spreads throughout the team and transmits to the fans, infuriating.
      This is a great post, like the comment about Henderson - oh well, lets kick off, like having a unit in midfield ala Viera and your right that midfield 3 are very similar and actually quite turgid.

Just while I'm posting, not in reply to yours KL I'm surprised Salah is leading MOTM, he did OK but got tangled up half a dozen times and put a shot past the left post, a fairly straight forward half volley over the bar and a shot from about 5 yards into the right side netting.  Hope that isn't setting a benchmark
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #839: Aug 12, 2017 09:58:02 pm
      The goals in quick succession are who we are. The crappy passing in the first half is who we are. The sh*t defending on set pieces is who we are. Today is a perfect example of who we are all in one. Klopp is a great offensive coach while having some very systematic problems with defense. We can get VVD and play Andy Robertson and Dan Klyne all we won't thisbstuff will still happen. Would VVD help? Sure. But there will always be limitations under him defensively. Just as there will always be success in his attacks. It's who he is. It sucks and it's great at the same time. We played poorly for a whole half and still scored 3 goals with Salah having blown at least 2 more chances. We will have stretches where this happens and we will probably have stretches where we win 5 games in a row while scoring 12-17 goals. It's just who we are 
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #840: Aug 12, 2017 10:18:59 pm
      I what klopp win things same as next fan but he not leaning and spend bit money not saying spend like man city but least try get couple more players better that what we have

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #841: Aug 12, 2017 10:44:09 pm
      No team with ambition wants Gini in the side.

Struggle to get in once Lallana is fit, no chance if Coutinho comes to his senses
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #842: Aug 12, 2017 10:47:25 pm
      Thought we would win that one today. We,ll be fine going forward I think, our midfield needs some attention though but you can buy 4 VVD,s if we want but If we don't do something about our zonal marking at set pieces and our basic defending our top 4 chances are FUBAR.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #843: Aug 12, 2017 10:55:26 pm
      Thought we would win that one today.

Genuine question here, what made you think that?

Pretty much nothing has changed at the club regarding the first team. We have had what is an abysmal transfer window with little to no hope we will improve the squad with the time we have left, so yes, what on earth made you think we would win that one?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #844: Aug 12, 2017 11:09:29 pm
      Really could do wiith a Paul Tompkins article about how great that actually was.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #845: Aug 12, 2017 11:33:22 pm
      Thank you Alan Shearer.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #846: Aug 12, 2017 11:35:21 pm
      I think we had one eye on the Hoffenheim tie midweek. I think that the midfield is unusual, I don't think it offered much creativity but it could do exactly the same job in another 4 days i.e. put in the same energy containing midfield, which wouldn't be a bad thing. Salah is an enigma. He doesn't look like a professional anything but he gets a lot of chances. I love TAA, he is going to be what LFC needs, a local player of top quality. Moreno surprised me too. He didn't do anything stupid. WE got muscled off the ball a few times which caused us problems. However, I think that's all teams like Watford do, recruit players who can muscle people off the ball.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #847: Aug 12, 2017 11:44:07 pm
      I think we had one eye on the Hoffenheim tie midweek. I think that the midfield is unusual, I don't think it offered much creativity but it could do exactly the same job in another 4 days i.e. put in the same energy containing midfield, which wouldn't be a bad thing. Salah is an enigma. He doesn't look like a professional anything but he gets a lot of chances. I love TAA, he is going to be what LFC needs, a local player of top quality. Moreno surprised me too. He didn't do anything stupid. WE got muscled off the ball a few times which caused us problems. However, I think that's all teams like Watford do, recruit players who can muscle people off the ball.

Thats bollox. If  we think were above watford then were in trouble. Our absolute achilles thinking we go to places like that and walk away no questions with 3 points. Look after each game as it comes
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #848: Aug 12, 2017 11:44:39 pm
      Stripped bare there on Match of the Day for everyone to see, absolutely shambolic at the back. Klopp should be putting his coaching staff on notice and the players should take a good look at themselves especially Mane for ball watching for 2nd and Gomez and Wilnaljum for 3rd
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #849: Aug 13, 2017 12:00:24 am
      I have never seen a goalkeeper with so many issues. He can't kick. He can't save. He can't catch and he can't kick. He can't shout and he can't run. But he's Liverpool's first choice goalkeeper. He's a charlatan.

👏  The prosecution rests.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #850: Aug 13, 2017 12:01:29 am
      Thats bollox. If  we think were above watford then were in trouble. Our absolute achilles thinking we go to places like that and walk away no questions with 3 points. Look after each game as it comes

I don't mean we didn't respect them, however I don't think we are zen masters capable of clearing our minds and concentrating on the now. If we go out to Hoffenheim, what does that do to our season?

Quick Reply