Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (20.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (5.9%)
      Emre Can
      4 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      24 (23.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      26 (25.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (12.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: Aug 16, 2017 02:31:55 pm

Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34570 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Watford 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Aug 13, 2017 12:03:53 am
      I don't mean we didn't respect them, however I don't think we are zen masters capable of clearing our minds and concentrating on the now. If we go out to Hoffenheim, what does that do to our season?

You might be right thats why i said its bollox. If our players are thinking a game ahead.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #852: Aug 13, 2017 12:50:22 am
      If we go out to Hoffenheim, what does that do to our season?

Save ourselves a lot of embarrassment?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #853: Aug 13, 2017 01:05:48 am
      Watched the 3 goals conceded.

1st Gioal  :  5 defenders along our goal line ball watching. No one marked 2 of their players, giving them a free header leading to the goal.  Embarassing, truly embarassing. Why Firminho doing the defending, he's not one of the bigger size around, where is Hendo and TAA.  This deserves a deduction in pay. 8 minutes , yes 8 fecking minutes and we were still asleep same as last season and Watford caught us napping. Nothing has changed since last season, what did Klopp do? TAA is not the answer to our defence, too lighweight and not a natural defender. If Klavan was in defence we might have avoided conceding. Been crying out loud for a DM and today we don't have one to prevent Watford rampaging pass us while we have softies hendo and Wijnaldum doing the job.

2nd Goal  : What the feck are our players on the left flank doing? Hendo ball watching and ran like an 80 year old granny and allowed them the space and time to waltz past him instead of putting in a tackle. When moreno started to do something useful by putting in a mistimed tackled, as what we come to expect, let go the player. TAA being a rookie is no natural right back. Wijnaldum, fecking walking around and not closing down the space is truly embarassing and he stood there and ball watched. This deserves a slap on the face. This goal conceded clearly  highlight that we indeed have too many average layers on the pitch. Hendo, Wijnaldum and Moreno. Yet Mr. Klopp ha done nothing and persist to use these players.

3rd goal  :  It's that fecking wijnaldum again. he can't head he can't move, he won;t move. He stood there like a bloody statue and when the ball came in, headed  staright against the opposing plyers.

Take a close look at the 3 goals conceded. Watford bullied our very soft midfield and defence. If we had a tougher midfield and defence, one or more goals conceded could have been avoided. I'm sure Klopp is gonna give these players a good walloping. They will certainly improve in the next game and slip back to their very own standards in the next few games. I haven't seen the ruthless side of Klopp yet. If I am Klopp, I would start selling hendo, wijnaldum and  moreno to tell the rest I mean business and get someone else that gives 100%. Hendo has been here for too long perhaps time for him to move on.   Those mediocre players are still around. Besides that, Matip and Lovren still in holiday mood. Prepare for more of these mediocre performance from these players.

Our defence and midfield defending the goal is simply lazy bas**rds.

Go watch the 3 goals conceded before slamming me.

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 01:14:35 am by redkop63 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #854: Aug 13, 2017 01:09:35 am
      Well, that was worryingly sh*t.

Our defence is embarrassingly poor. Carragher nailed it on the head when he asked what have we been working on in pre season? It's the same old sh*te. The way we defend set pieces or balls into the box in general is just comical.

He didn't do too badly today in all honesty but Moreno isn't good enough, neither is lovren, neither is Mignolet. These three need F***ing off asap otherwise we will continue to concede soft goals and drop points.

We had major problems in midfield today by playing three number 6's.  Can, Henderson and wijnaldum are all too similar. It was too noticeable that we were missing both coutinho and lallana who act as our number 8 and 10. Yes, they are both big players for us and if you take out two players from any other team then they will struggle too, but it is just further evidence of how thin our squad is. We have no depth.

I thought henderson had a shocking game today, he still looks injured to me. Wijnaldum was a passenger yet again away from home. The two of them were dreadful and can wasn't much better (if he actually was any better).

I think it's a bit of a myth that we were good going forward today too. The first half was really hard to watch and apart from manes genius for the goal, I thought we were toothless, out of ideas, and just generally dreadful in our play.

The second half we did improve slightly and looked better, scored two goals in quick succession but a lot of that was down to the shitness of Watford. Just like their goals came down the shitness of us! We weren't electric or anything of the sort going forward today, we were poor all over the park and if we play like that against hoffenheim then we're getting knocked out.

For the time being Jürgen has to play firmino in the 10 role to give us some flair and some movement in the middle. He simply cannot persist with the three that played today. Take either hendo or wijnaldum out and put solanke in.

If today wasn't enough to give Klopp and the club a reality check then I don't know what else will. We need 5-6 new players here and F***ing urgently. Presuming our business is done for this window then I seriously worry for us.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #855: Aug 13, 2017 01:15:44 am
      They look embarrassingly unfit as well. Compare officials on the continent and they're all lean and professional looking. The English officials look grey and bloated as if they've stumbled out of the pub. A truly pathetic sight.

And yet, the FA will never acknowledge it. Shoddy officiating has no place in todays game, it has been the biggest black mark in football in the last 10 years that no one wants to acknowledge. Sure, is it a tough job, yea, but you know what, I would bet most of us on here have tough jobs and do a F***ing good job at it. Linesmen here, don't deserve a wage, because they're sh*t at their job.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #856: Aug 13, 2017 01:25:55 am
      Defending was F***ing shambolic from the entire back line and Mignolet included.

Robbed by the linesman there too at the death let it be said.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #857: Aug 13, 2017 01:29:08 am
      Defending was F***ing shambolic from the entire back line and Mignolet included.

How many times have we had to say both of those things in the last two years.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #858: Aug 13, 2017 02:08:18 am
      How many times have we had to say both of those things in the last two years.

To be honest mate, I have simply had enough.

I look at the money in this game, I look at the players, I SEE the corruption, its not the football I grew up loving, now we have sleeve sponsors FFS. However we have the worst of it, we know what kind of money is coming into this club but we are not seeing it spent, we have this sponsor, we have that sponsor, and all this money is being spent on god knows what, its not our club.

I look at the tragedies around the world, the bomb attack in Manchester, the attacks in France, the attacks in America, Bradley Lowrey, Charlie Gard, the kids especially, parents trying their best to raise not even a thousand pounds to pay for life saving medical bills, just trying to make ends meet.

However in the end, the dreams are dashed, the people club together, they try to save humanity but it is all for nothing. The heartache that is there, the death of children, who cares eh?

There used to be a time when supporters or fans looked up to players, players like John Barnes, to people like Geoff Hurst, to players like Bert Trautmann, players who not demanded respect, but simply got it. We don't have that now.

There used to be a time when football clubs resonated with the fans. That has long gone. Look at the money both Manchester clubs have spent on transfers, and yet when it came to the bombings, neither of them could spare many of the vast millions they have to help their city? they combined to raise a million? This is where my issues started, are you saying some lousy bas**rds life who can kick a ball is worth £80 million, and that one civilian who happens to be dying, who needs a few hundred quid to stabilise his life, oh and he is a surgeon who has saved many lives isn't worth saving?

Same in France, the police force has been stretched for years, they need investment, PSG sign Neymar for £200 million, the people who were killed, meh move on, we cant afford the bills, and yet......

Its hard to enjoy football now, its all just utterly, morally wrong. Clubs, investors, agents, players, they have the stranglehold now, the supporters and fans? They are the mindless drones keeping these parasites in money.

For me, sod this. Its repugnant, its no longer the sport I loved, its just nasty, Faust would be proud.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #859: Aug 13, 2017 02:22:13 am
      I think we had one eye on the Hoffenheim tie midweek. I think that the midfield is unusual, I don't think it offered much creativity but it could do exactly the same job in another 4 days i.e. put in the same energy containing midfield, which wouldn't be a bad thing. Salah is an enigma. He doesn't look like a professional anything but he gets a lot of chances. I love TAA, he is going to be what LFC needs, a local player of top quality. Moreno surprised me too. He didn't do anything stupid. WE got muscled off the ball a few times which caused us problems. However, I think that's all teams like Watford do, recruit players who can muscle people off the ball.

Moreno's gaff was what set up that second goal. He played better in the second half, but when it comes to defending the kind is thick as pig sh*t.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #860: Aug 13, 2017 02:55:56 am

Our defence is embarrassingly poor. Carragher nailed it on the head when he asked what have we been working on in pre season? It's the same old sh*te. The way we defend set pieces or balls into the box in general is just comical.

He didn't do too badly today in all honesty but Moreno isn't good enough, neither is lovren, neither is Mignolet. These three need f**king off asap otherwise we will continue to concede soft goals and drop points.

We had major problems in midfield today by playing three number 6's.  Can, Henderson and wijnaldum are all too similar. It was too noticeable that we were missing both coutinho and lallana who act as our number 8 and 10. Yes, they are both big players for us and if you take out two players from any other team then they will struggle too, but it is just further evidence of how thin our squad is. We have no depth.

I thought henderson had a shocking game today, he still looks injured to me. Wijnaldum was a passenger yet again away from home. The two of them were dreadful and can wasn't much better (if he actually was any better).

I think it's a bit of a myth that we were good going forward today too. The first half was really hard to watch and apart from manes genius for the goal, I thought we were toothless, out of ideas, and just generally dreadful in our play.

The second half we did improve slightly and looked better, scored two goals in quick succession but a lot of that was down to the shitness of Watford. Just like their goals came down the shitness of us! We weren't electric or anything of the sort going forward today, we were poor all over the park and if we play like that against hoffenheim then we're getting knocked out.

For the time being Jürgen has to play firmino in the 10 role to give us some flair and some movement in the middle. He simply cannot persist with the three that played today. Take either hendo or wijnaldum out and put solanke in.

If today wasn't enough to give Klopp and the club a reality check then I don't know what else will. We need 5-6 new players here and f**king urgently. Presuming our business is done for this window then I seriously worry for us.

Pretty much nailed it.

paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #861: Aug 13, 2017 04:49:29 am
      Defending was f**king shambolic from the entire back line and Mignolet included.

If you watch the replay carefully enough the player pulled the ball backwards when he crossed for Watford's third goal, it was Mignolet's hand that moved the ball forward so can't be offside
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #862: Aug 13, 2017 06:03:15 am
      The worry for me is we that even if we get VVD or a new keeper or whatever player we decide will sort us out, we will still see the same sh*te defensively.

The defensive issues run deep at our club and they have since Rafa left really. We need to look at the systems that are in place and what's going on in training because it's absolute nonsense. It's exciting to watch us as a neutral but I'd rather us just be boring fuckers who grind out a 1-0 every week and pick up the points we deserve.

Saying that though, if we go into the season with this squad we are going to have trouble. We need at least 4 players in our first XI imo.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #863: Aug 13, 2017 06:39:39 am
      Moreno's gaff was what set up that second goal. He played better in the second half, but when it comes to defending the kind is thick as pig sh*t.

I agree he isn't a natural defender, which is unfortunate for a defender. He is fu*king quick though.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #864: Aug 13, 2017 06:40:35 am
      Save ourselves a lot of embarrassment?

I reckon FSG will bring someone in if we get past the qualifiers.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #865: Aug 13, 2017 06:43:54 am
      You might be right thats why i said its bollox. If our players are thinking a game ahead.

I know. I was frustrated in the game. I always get the feeling we are going to concede on set pieces. It's like you can feel apprehension in everyone including the fans.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #866: Aug 13, 2017 06:58:51 am
      This is a great post, like the comment about Henderson - oh well, lets kick off, like having a unit in midfield ala Viera and your right that midfield 3 are very similar and actually quite turgid.

Just while I'm posting, not in reply to yours KL I'm surprised Salah is leading MOTM, he did OK but got tangled up half a dozen times and put a shot past the left post, a fairly straight forward half volley over the bar and a shot from about 5 yards into the right side netting.  Hope that isn't setting a benchmark

Yet he won the pen and scored in a game that seen us stick 3 past Watford at their place on our PL opener. Our front 3 done their job at the end of the day and what they done should've well been enough.

It's not hard to see why their goals weren't enough for us to come away with the three points and it certainly wasn't down to them.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 08:08:33 am by what-a-hit-son »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #867: Aug 13, 2017 08:48:28 am
      This is what has come to be expected. Occasional good performances are not enough.
      Clearly why we are desperate for the likes of Keita players of his quality.
      No Klopps fault he isn't available just yet.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #868: Aug 13, 2017 08:52:44 am
      Waking up, was surprised to see it was a draw (which seems weird). Feels so much like a loss.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #869: Aug 13, 2017 09:01:12 am
      Also, if we keep performing like this, with little or no squad quality to afford meaningful changes, the likes of Lallana, Firmino and Mane will be off at the first offer, never mind Coutinho ! 
      We'll be left with the remains which is really only midfield quality.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #870: Aug 13, 2017 09:08:49 am

He didn't do too badly today in all honesty but Moreno isn't good enough, neither is lovren, neither is Mignolet. These three need f**king off asap otherwise we will continue to concede soft goals and drop points.

If today wasn't enough to give Klopp and the club a reality check then I don't know what else will. We need 5-6 new players here and f**king urgently. Presuming our business is done for this window then I seriously worry for us.

Been shouting out similar mate, Keeper not good enough, defending average at best, not good enough, central mids, not good enough, no support to our frontline,

You could argue that the Coutinho sh*t has fu**ed up the dressing room but that's a pretty lame excuse for a professional outfit,

Like you said we are once again woefully short in quality and short in numbers, we cannot expect to have any success with virtually the same group from last season, but yet it looks like we will be,

Jürgen is a intelligent bloke as is Buvac, surely they can recognise that we need further additions or are they blinded by their own singlemindedness or should that stubbornness?

We all know we need a leading commanding CB, that's a given, our midfield just simply isn't good enough even if Phill stays, it still needs two perhaps 3 better than we have now players who will take us up a level,

I'm sorry but Hendo,can & Gini are at their level and will NOT  get much better, that is simply not good enough if we are going to compete not only domestically but also in Europe,

Mignolet, again won't improve he's had plenty of time to prove us all wrong yet he still flounders has no out ball and has the breaking strain of a F***ing mars bar,

Lovren back up CB at best, similar to Klavan neither will improve us, Moreno although flattering to deceive will never be good enough, TAA  has potential impressed yesterday superb delivery and will improve a shining light in our back 4,

We need 5-6 new quality additions imo, and we need them in asap, ok 'A' plan targets may escaped this time but surely a 'B' plan is better than NO plan at all ?

We ain't winning sh*t this season unless we get new faces in, why Klopp, Buvac, et al can't see that is beyond me.

YNWA
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #871: Aug 13, 2017 09:10:15 am
      We have to sort this defence  for once, we could have won the league  by now is   just  we keep on giving precious  points away.We don't  have  a leader in defence  and this a problem  when it comes to defending  set pieces,  our defence  have no confidence  no  communication at the back  at all and no one to lead the defence .Can  we PLEASE  get at least one  captain  material  CB.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #872: Aug 13, 2017 09:58:03 am
      The level of defending in the Premier League is utterly atrocious at the moment, and we're the poster boys for it.

If only we hadn't messed up on signing our primary CB target and brought in someone to actually start at LB, instead of a bench warmer for Alberto F***ing Moreno!
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #873: Aug 13, 2017 10:34:35 am
      I was hopeful that we would see an improvement by our defence...instead i witnessed another shambolic performance by the 8 players behind our forward line.
      It is clear for all to see that our attack, even with reserves like Solanke, Sturridge or Origi, will be good enough 90% of the time and all have goals in them...however the midfield and defence is simply not good enough.

JK will need to sign a world class CB and CM in order to have any chance of challenging and if Coutinho goes this season, we will need a world class playmaker as well.

When last have you had the feeling that we can hold onto a lead? I just knew the equaliser was inevitable. Poor poor poor.

Quick Reply