Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre Match : Hoffenheim v Liverpool FC : Tues 15, 19.45

Read 11303 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Pre Match : Hoffenheim v Liverpool FC : Tues 15, 19.45
      Reply #138: Aug 15, 2017 06:41:22 pm
      Our midfield will boss this tonight and therein lies the key. I honestly reckon that we can put this whole tie to bed tonight.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #139: Aug 15, 2017 06:43:18 pm
      No changes from Klopp from the weekend...  ???

Damnit. Andy Rob isn't on the bench either. WTF? There is no way he can think Moreno is better. Get excited from crap long balls and side to side passing from this trio in the mid-field. Helen Keller had more imagination than these 3 put together. 
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #140: Aug 15, 2017 06:43:41 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #141: Aug 15, 2017 06:48:54 pm
      I know what you mean. I love attacking football and all that, but I take your point that it is hard to imagine this current squad securing a 0-0 draw away at Juventus (with Gerrard suspended if I recall correctly) as we did in 2005.

That's my point really. In this competition it is impossible to come out the traps and overwhelm most of the european giants.

Tonight's game requires us to go there and show them some care and attention. Whats the odds on Moreno getting himself caught too high up the field though?

Which centre back is going to be blocking shots and crosses like Carra, or being the assured but big presence like Hyypia?

And who is the man we can turn to to score those important goals like Kuyt?

This team seems to really lack the big chatacters and presences of those 05 and 07 teams.

These European nights can turn mortals into legends however and its time for the class of 17/18 to prove us wrong and show us another side to them.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #142: Aug 15, 2017 06:56:58 pm
      That's my point really. In this competition it is impossible to come out the traps and overwhelm most of the european giants.

Tonight's game requires us to go there and show them some care and attention. Whats the odds on Moreno getting himself caught too high up the field though?

Which centre back is going to be blocking shots and crosses like Carra, or being the assured but big presence like Hyypia?

And who is the man we can turn to to score those important goals like Kuyt?

This team seems to really lack the big chatacters and presences of those 05 and 07 teams.

These European nights can turn mortals into legends however and its time for the class of 17/18 to prove us wrong and show us another side to them.

I think this is missing from the game in general now. Those guys were heroes on the pitch and were willing to throw everything on the line for it game in game out. They weren't concerned with what happens off the field on social media or their looks or even their bodies for that case - they gave it their all. And they reamed anyone else the f*ck out who wasn't on board with that.

Seems the opposite of that these days and it extends to the best of clubs as well. Totally different breed in terms of grit and passion for the club. Nowadays you'll get a guy saying how much he adores and loves the club and how thankful he is for the fans - then 6 months later he'll hand in a transfer request and sit out of the club's most important matches all meanwhile your club's "captain" is saying that there's not a thing he can do about it.

The game has changed along with the world. Guess there's no sense in comparing them and just embracing reality instead and hoping we can muster up a strong performance.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #143: Aug 15, 2017 07:02:37 pm
      Locked, live match thread is here, https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=49797.0
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #144: Aug 15, 2017 07:02:46 pm
      Our midfield will boss this tonight and therein lies the key. I honestly reckon that we can put this whole tie to bed tonight.

Would ya put yer hoose on it Bubbs?

Thought we would have seen one or two changes from that debacle against Twatford, those players seriously need to step up tonight, aside front TAA, Salah and Mane,

This is massive, get any result tonight aside from a 3-0 defeat will make easier second leg,

Can see us definitely scoring but keeping them out is key,

I'd be ecstatic with a 1-2 or 1-3 , just don't F***ing lose !!

YNWA

Quick Reply