Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hoffenheim?

Simon Mignolet
      19 (15.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      69 (57.5%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      27 (22.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.7%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Aug 19, 2017 09:41:03 pm

1899 Hoffenheim 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28815 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Hoffenheim - Liverpool: Live Match Thread (Tue, 15th Aug)
      Reply #23: Aug 15, 2017 07:28:09 pm
      Not feeling confident with that goalkeeper, I bet the defence is shitting bricks again. Good going forward, we will need to outscore these.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24: Aug 15, 2017 07:28:57 pm
      Massive this is so I'm expecting a marked improvement from Henderson, Can and Gini.

See when you say that mate I immediately think with Gini and Hendo that they simply don't have that extra gear, they are who they are all the time, with fleeting exceptions where things fall right for them.

Hoping to be proven wrong.

In terms of Moreno and hoping the little bugger doesn't make me look like a fool but I have seen improvement in both him and the team with him involved.

Good point about Robertson being Klopp fit, could be conditioning I suppose.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25: Aug 15, 2017 07:30:43 pm
      Not surprised were unchanged.

Hopefully a much better result.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Aug 15, 2017 07:31:09 pm
      If klopp had gone with grujic and things went wrong he would be crucified for taking a gamble.

I don't believe Jürgen would ever get too worried about what other's would say or write about him. He has to live and die by making decisions, if he let's the burden of 'what if it all goes wrong' sit on his choices then he'll always be second guessing himself. You can't do that in most professions, let alone when you're the manager, you must believe what you think is right or otherwise you're basically admitting you're the wrong person for the job.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #27: Aug 15, 2017 07:32:22 pm
      See when you say that mate I immediately think with Gini and Hendo that they simply don't have that extra gear, they are who they are all the time, with fleeting exceptions where things fall right for them.

Hoping to be proven wrong.

In terms of Moreno and hoping the little bugger doesn't make me look like a fool but I have seen improvement in both him and the team with him involved.

Good point about Robertson being Klopp fit, could be conditioning I suppose.
      Hendo and gears? He is not the kind of player to start the season in full gear. he starts in 1, puts himself in neutral, goes in reverse, then goes to 1, 2, 3.. just before he can hit 4th gear.. he gets injured and the whole cycle starts again. I agree on Hendo but Gini sometimes pulls rabbits out of hats! Hendo has to start because he is captain. It is hard to  bench a captain unless they are injured really.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Aug 15, 2017 07:32:46 pm
      Would have been inclined to drop Hendo and Gini after their pathetic displays against Watford. Gone for Gruijic and Can and then maybe dropped Firmino back into a 10 role and had Solanke up top.

Might have even gone for Klavan in goal, hell anyone would have been a better choice than Migs
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #29: Aug 15, 2017 07:32:58 pm
      Was happy enough to see that starting 11 against Watford so no reason these guys can't come out and perform. Migs is the only thing that really worries me here, we've seen before, once one mistake happens, the floodgates open. He better not cost us again, I think it's safe to say he has single handedly cost Liverpool more points than any player in the history of the club.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #30: Aug 15, 2017 07:36:56 pm
      When you look at the line up it's exactly suited to a typical European away performance. The midfield three are all functional hardworking lads, we've got pace up top and two full backs who like to get forward. Only problem for me is that I've never seen us play that way i.e. Sitting deeper and playing on the break under Klopp so it'll be interesting to see how we (and they) approach the game. Hopefully they come out and press the ball and come out of the traps intent on getting goals. That would suit us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Aug 15, 2017 07:37:36 pm
      3-0 win.

Let's go!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #32: Aug 15, 2017 07:37:58 pm
      I cannot believe Alberto Moreno is going to be our left back this season. This is actually making us a worse side than last season.

Well, anyway, enough of negativity. Come on Reds, we're more than good enough to beat these. As we were discussing in the pre-match thread, time to some of those players to rise up to the occasion and give us a few special European nights this season.

I think I'm his only fan on this board....  What can I say, I like the lad's aggression  8)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #33: Aug 15, 2017 07:38:37 pm
      2-2 tonight
      3-2 Anfield.

That is all.

Just reading that makes me uncomfortable.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34: Aug 15, 2017 07:39:38 pm
      Would have been inclined to drop Hendo and Gini after their pathetic displays against Watford. Gone for Gruijic and Can and then maybe dropped Firmino back into a 10 role and had Solanke up top.

Might have even gone for Klavan in goal, hell anyone would have been a better choice than Migs
      This is what I don't understand...  When Karius plays in goal the defenders play so much better. Pre season even shown that! It was like a much more calm and confident defence. When Migs is in goal half the team sh*ts itself. If I were manager, I would demote Hendo to bench. Grujic is brilliant every time he plays.. Can is not brilliant but he is like Zidane compared to Hendo.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Aug 15, 2017 07:39:50 pm
      I think I'm his only fan on this board....  What can I say, I like the lad's aggression  8)

I'm guess your full name must be Harry Dunn Moreno Pérez (Latins have this tendency of having unnecessarily long names - I speak from experience ;D)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #36: Aug 15, 2017 07:42:49 pm
      When you look at the line up it's exactly suited to a typical European away performance. The midfield three are all functional hardworking lads, we've got pace up top and two full backs who like to get forward. Only problem for me is that I've never seen us play that way i.e. Sitting deeper and playing on the break under Klopp so it'll be interesting to see how we (and they) approach the game. Hopefully they come out and press the ball and come out of the traps intent on getting goals. That would suit us.

We did exactly that almost the whole game against Bayern in preseason and we ripped them a new one. If Hoffenheim become cocky and want to dominate possession high up the pitch, Salah and Mane will have a field day. If we dominate possession, I don't really see how they would do well on the counter as they haven't got that much pace other than Gnabry. I'm not overly worried about this Hoffenheim side. They were pretty close to Berlin in terms of quality last season and Hoffenheim have lost two of their key players.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a very, very interesting game.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Aug 15, 2017 07:42:59 pm
      Waited a while to hear that music with our lads lining up boys and girls, feels good I must say. Let's secure it for the rest of the season now!

COME ON!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Aug 15, 2017 07:43:46 pm
      Gerrard has just said we're "slight" favourites in this tie. Come on! With all due respect to Hoffenheim, who are a very good football side, we have to be much more than slight favourites here. If we're uncertain about them, imagine how their fans feel about playing us in their first ever UCL match. They must be shitting themselves!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Aug 15, 2017 07:44:08 pm
      I'm guess your full name must be Harry Dunn Moreno Pérez (Latins have this tendency of having unnecessarily long names - I speak from experience ;D)

Or maybe I just like gun-slinging monkey tattoos...

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Aug 15, 2017 07:44:08 pm
      First of many times hearing that music over the next few months and years, come on lads!
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #41: Aug 15, 2017 07:45:45 pm
      Waited a while to hear that music with our lads lining up boys and girls, feels good I must say. Let's secure it for the rest of the season now!

COME ON!!

Great to see a young lad like Trent there. I don't think he could ever have imagined standing there a year ago when he was still playing for the U18's and U23's.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Aug 15, 2017 07:45:48 pm
      I can't help but feel a lot of respect towards Julian Nagelsmann. The lad is only a couple of months older than me and is managing in the Champions League. A club that less than two years ago was fighting relegation.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: Aug 15, 2017 07:46:14 pm
      Come on red men. Let's not give ourselves a second leg mission!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Aug 15, 2017 07:46:24 pm
      Come on Boys.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Aug 15, 2017 07:47:47 pm
      Bahhhhhh just too early.

Quick Reply