Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hoffenheim?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      20 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      26 (22.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      61 (52.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2017 09:42:59 pm

Liverpool 4-2 1899 Hoffenheim: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30326 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Hoffenheim
      Reply #437: Aug 23, 2017 09:42:08 pm
      Why don't you just f**k off....we could have won 10-0 and you would still be moaning like a little bi*ch.

Calm down mate. Have a pint.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #438: Aug 23, 2017 09:42:19 pm
      Group stages here we come..Bring on Barca, i would love it if we get them C***S
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #439: Aug 23, 2017 09:42:52 pm
      Em...

Has he not scored in most of those games?
      The Watford game, but he was still far from impressive... May need a bit of time, or may need to be playing from the left
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #440: Aug 23, 2017 09:43:02 pm
      Superb stuff, fantastic result, but all credit to Hoffenheim, they kept fighting til the very end.

Oh and can we please pay whatever it takes to get Bauman their goalie, what a great goalkeeper.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #441: Aug 23, 2017 09:43:28 pm
      Good to get through. Enjoy the ride, it's going to be emotional. Not sure teams in Europe will particularly know what to make of us to be honest.

Think we might beat some big names before copping an absolute hammering by a real big fish down the line.

Being in pot 3 we are probably best swinging from the hip anyway.

Think we will certainly leave a mark on the competition this time around, rather than last time with Lambert and Balotelli plodding about.

Looking forward to it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #442: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:20 pm
      Ah where's the fun in that ;)

I'd have longer fingernails I know that much
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #443: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:21 pm
      Nice game by the lads. I have no idea why Lovren is still starting for a team like Liverpool. And Moreno does not understand what positioning means.

We're all hoping we sign Van Dijk before the window shuts so Lovren becomes a bench player.

Moreno has improved considerably over the last two months. If he can be more disciplined defensively and improve his decision making he deserves to fight for the LB position.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 4-2 1899 Hoffenheim: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #444: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:26 pm
      Announce messi, vvd, keita, draxler, prince charles, jeremy corbyn...
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,004 posts | 521 
      Reply #445: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:52 pm
      Sounds like I missed a cracker. Looking forward to the highlights tonight. Good to see that, whatever happens this season, we are going to continue to not do dull.

I think we can surprise a few people in the CL this year, including ourselves. Bus parkers in the EPL I think we may still struggle with, but bigger teams that come out to play - we have the pace upfront to do some damage.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #446: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:58 pm
      I was going to vote for Loveren just to keep AZPatriot happy but Loveren is sh*te & therefore gave it to Can.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #447: Aug 23, 2017 09:45:36 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #448: Aug 23, 2017 09:46:06 pm
      Group stages here we come..Bring on Barca, i would love it if we get them C***S

Funnily enough we would have a decent chance V Barca as they hardly ever get the ball above head height...it's generally when the ball is over head height that we get a nose bleed.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #449: Aug 23, 2017 09:46:09 pm
      Typical Liverpool performance that  ;D
      Really enjoyed our attack, though we are very wasteful at times, and not for the first time this season. Usually, with a good defense, we could afford to be wasteful in front of goal...
      Let's hope we'll see some new players coming in the next week because I really hope to see us give CL a real go!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #450: Aug 23, 2017 09:46:48 pm
      In all of our games that count so far Salah has failed to impress

But... he scored.

Also his defensive work was superb.

I think he had an excellent game.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #451: Aug 23, 2017 09:47:28 pm
      Why don't you just f**k off....we could have won 10-0 and you would still be moaning like a little bi*ch.
      See you're in a great mood tonite ...  :roll:   ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #452: Aug 23, 2017 09:47:46 pm
      Announce messi, vvd, keita, draxler, prince charles, jeremy corbyn...
      Peter Griffin in goal please. I think he's faster than Corbyn. There is no way Mignolet would stand a chance against giant chickens.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #453: Aug 23, 2017 09:47:47 pm
      Anyone else think Klopp was tapping up Demirbay at the end? :D

MOTM Mane or Firmino, but most like Firmino for me. As for Henderson, play him as a #8 ffs!!!!
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #454: Aug 23, 2017 09:47:56 pm
      Will the pot 3 give us Barcelona, Leipzig and Southampton?  :P
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #455: Aug 23, 2017 09:47:58 pm
      I was going to vote for Loveren just to keep AZPatriot happy but Loveren is sh*te & therefore gave it to Can.

Lovren played poorly....it only the pissers and moaners that are sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #456: Aug 23, 2017 09:48:22 pm
      Get the F**k in there lads! Brilliant performance that in both legs in my opinion and job very professionally done, in our style :D

Ratings:

Migs: Thought he commanded his box very well indeed, don't think he did as well as he could have with the shots though, but good enough in the end. 6.5

Moreno: Thought he was far better than most will give him credit for, it was a good display by Moreno who was put in the sh*t time and time again by his LCB and bailed Gini our more than a few times. Was a constant threat to them which gave us the overlaps we needed or forced their players on the back foot. 7

Lovren: I could go on all night how poor he was but on the back of a victory and a step into the CL proper then I'm going to just leave it as a 2.

Matip: In total contrast to his man next to him he was composed all night, took command when he had to and wasn't beaten by anyone that I saw, top quality as ever. 8

Trent: Thought he was terrorised by Gnabry, still some delicious crosses and the way he stepped onto the crossfield pass and nearly burst through them reminded me very much of Gerrard with a little bit more speed, not seen that in our side since. Very exciting and think we'll see that more and more as people get used to him stepping up from deep. When Gnabry went off Trent was released and sh*t all over them for a while. 6.5

Henderson: Still think he was the best of our midfielders, put in a real shift and the king of the sideways pass did the best one of the night, unselfish or not, that was the right decision and put it on a plate for the MotM. Thought he broke up play and offered quite decent protection for Trent, wasn't the same afforded for Alby though (check the tactics thread anyone wondering why). 8

Can: Very good for some of the game, very poor for other portions, thought he had a good slice of luck for the first goal but some lovely passes by Emre and put himself about much more than in the first leg, let's hope his form continues in this trajectory. Also unlucky not to get his hatty if Mane had put him in earlier he'd have had it imo, but still nearly pulled it off. 7

Gini: Started the game well but kept relying on his strength in the last 20 minutes of the first half and was getting picked on and Hoff saw a weakness there and started really exploiting it. Again fluctuated in the second half and should have had a couple of goals himself. 6.5

Mane: He's a delight to watch, when he got trod on and stood up and got the crowd going, personally I absolutely love that. Not as much as I love the way he plays football, absolute pure class and he's going to be right up there with player of the season, not just for us, but of the entire league this season imo. 8.5

Firmino: Pure class, world class tonight, despite his miss (Mane and Gini also missed 1v1s btw), the way he glued our entire attack together couldn't more evident than that first 21 minutes. Deserved more than just 1 goal and an assist tonight and was a joy to watch all evening. When you add what he did defensively, seriously watch it again if you didn't see it first time, I thought if he'd scored that 1v1 he'd have been a 10. Has to be a 9 though with that miss.

Salah: Disappointing, needs to step it up and shake off the nerves, was far better when he allowed himself to relax in pre-season but still got another goal (albeit a tap in). Still decent but he can be so much better than decent. 6.5

Milly: I like him as a late sub, his lack of pace is totally hidden and he looks a different player. 6

Gomez: To be honest he didn't have too much to do, with Gnabry off their attacks down this side had dried up completely, did what he had to do and was steady but it wasn't exactly a tough examination. 6

Klavan: N/A

Klopp: That's how you shove the words down the opposition manager's throat. Could have scored 8 or 9 and we destroyed them from the off for 20 minutes or so that showed them exactly what Anfield is about. Needs to get after that lads for allowing  themselves to relax too much at 3-0 up but still, it was done and we had them by the throat and ripped it out. Top stuff boss and back in the big time as we deserve, now go and buy VvD ffs!! :D 8.5

Well in lads!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #457: Aug 23, 2017 09:48:23 pm
      Great in attack but the opposite in defence, please Klopp address please
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,596 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #458: Aug 23, 2017 09:48:26 pm
      Up the Champions League Reds!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #459: Aug 23, 2017 09:48:51 pm
      Will the pot 3 give us Barcelona, Leipzig and Southampton?  :P
      Southampton? Guessing you are new to football.
      1) Southampton are not in CL.
      2) Confederations are split in group stages so two teams from same nation cannot play each other.

Quick Reply