Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Champions League - Group Stage Draw

Read 16017 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Champions League - Group Stage Draw
      Reply #184: Aug 25, 2017 01:47:01 am

Always respected your opinion rib but what you and other are saying about mancs draw is utter bullshit. So does the fact that you also got a good draw, if not better did you £££££££ as well??
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #185: Aug 25, 2017 03:48:12 am
      Always respected your opinion rib but what you and other are saying about mancs draw is utter bullshit. So does the fact that you also got a good draw, if not better did you £££££££ as well??

Where do you think the transfer budget went.

Those primo groups aren't easy to come by.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #186: Aug 25, 2017 03:51:57 am
      :-*How / where was this confirmed?
      Been looking for fixture list to chance my arm for tickets

goto uefa website. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #187: Aug 25, 2017 06:31:25 am

That makes one person on the forum then :D

Our draw has made my F***ing day. Was on at 1-2am South Aus time so I was asleep for it, was dreading waking up to "Group of Death headlines" - instead we've somehow managed, being in Pot 3, to have Sevilla be the biggest headache on paper to worry about? Get the F**k in.

Matches are of course still there to be won and lost, but as long as we pull our fingers out and don't take any of these for granted... we should be fine. (I know that's a contradictory statement in itself but you all know what I mean :D )

I'm not gonna bi*ch too much about the mancs getting an easy draw as well - they certainly were more likely to get one being their seeding, ours is the one that surely is the biggest steal in the draw. I for one am gonna take it and enjoy it, hopefully a top group finish to come (that's realistically what we should be aiming for after being gifted this). Let's make a F***ing right run at this thing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #188: Aug 25, 2017 07:59:11 am
      Was on at 1-2am South Aus time so I was asleep for it

You've changed man! 😉

Seriously though you're right. United scraping into pot 2 were likely to get an easier draw than us. I'd say our two are fairly even overall. We may even have a marginally better one.

We've got top seeds Spartak currently 11th in Russian league. They've got CSKA as bottom seeds who are 4th!

Chelsea won the league, went in as top seeds and I'm not sure I'd even trade with them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #189: Aug 25, 2017 08:14:12 am
      For ONCE, some lucky we needed. Thank God.

Nothing is given, we need to work hard and get some momentum! If we work hard, we can do it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #190: Aug 25, 2017 08:59:22 am
      Quote from Madscouser
      Got it

Matchday 1: 2 v 3
      4 v 1
      Matchday 2: 1 v 2
      3 v 4
      Matchday 3: 3 v 1
      2 v 4
      Matchday 4: 1 v 3
      4 v 2
      Matchday 5: 3 v 2
      1 v 4
      Matchday 6: 2 v 1
      4 v 3

Because of timezone issues at the end of the group, all Russian teams have to play away games first and last. Your schedule as above is accurate however, all teams were allocated new numbers by UEFA after the draw to determine the fixture list. For our group it was;

1. Seville
      2. Maribor
      3. Spartak
      4. Liverpool

All our games are 19,45 UK time kos. All home games are Wednesdays, all away games are Tuesdays.
      Moscow in September is the best time to go, the weather is not a major issue then.  Seville away in November will be tough, but having the last game at home is a huge advantage. Having it at home to a disinterested side that is usually out by then, in front of basically 100% home support, is a Christmas gift in fixture terms, if a result is needed.

We have pretty much everything we wanted, so let's take advantage of it now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #191: Aug 25, 2017 09:01:56 am
      Where do you think the transfer budget went.

Those primo groups aren't easy to come by.

All I'm saying racer is the draw is never fixed, it's there for all to see.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #192: Aug 25, 2017 09:09:13 am

I'm not gonna bi*ch too much about the mancs getting an easy draw as well - they certainly were more likely to get one being their seeding, ours is the one that surely is the biggest steal in the draw. I for one am gonna take it and enjoy it, hopefully a top group finish to come (that's realistically what we should be aiming for after being gifted this). Let's make a f**king right run at this thing.

Not bitching is what it should be as well.  :clap:  For the record I'm glad you've got a easy group too ( on paper of course ) as I'd love to play you guys in one of the latter rounds, preferably the final if it's possible  :D Then we can bi*ch all day saying we're going to knock you cu*ts out in the final to make it 5-4  ;D

All in banter of course.  :D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #193: Aug 25, 2017 09:28:46 am
      All I'm saying racer is the draw is never fixed, it's there for all to see.

Of course it is. Yours is fixed (every fuuuuuuuuuuuking year) and for once we get a decent group and all of a sudden it is not fixed! Get orf man.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #194: Aug 25, 2017 09:49:50 am
      Of course it is. Yours is fixed (every fuuuuuuuuuuuking year) and for once we get a decent group and all of a sudden it is not fixed! Get orf man.

Rose tinted glasses lar
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #195: Aug 25, 2017 10:24:28 am

Come on man. We got the easiest of all the F***ing draws when we had no rights to it really, Manure were at least in a pot that took out a significant amount of the threats. I'm all for conspiracy theories, F***ing love a good one - but the idea that the entire draw is rigged for manure year after year is a little rich, and isn't a good look for LFC fans as a whole to be banging on about it. We'll just do our job, if we're good enough then we don't have to worry about them anyway - we'll F**k them over on our way to number six anyway, eh Keith? 8)

Seriously we all like to sing about woe is me when something goes wrong for us - enjoy this little slice of fortune, people. I like being a sad miserable c**t as much as the next guy/gal when it comes to the seemingly (admittedly biased) perpetual bad luck we get ALL the time, so lets enjoy the fact we could breathe a sigh of relief today and go F**k me, I can see us getting through comfortably. Unlike a couple years ago when right after the draw I was already measuring up our coffin for halfway through the group stage :D

You've changed man! 😉

Seriously though you're right. United scraping into pot 2 were likely to get an easier draw than us. I'd say our two are fairly even overall. We may even have a marginally better one.

We've got top seeds Spartak currently 11th in Russian league. They've got CSKA as bottom seeds who are 4th!

Chelsea won the league, went in as top seeds and I'm not sure I'd even trade with them.

Got half pissed the night before at 8-ball, slept four hours and woke at 4am for the Hoffenheim match - can't quite back up a two nighter like I used to, I'm feeling every day of how close I am to 30 :D

I honestly wouldn't trade with any team. Not even the mancs. We got lucky as F**k to not draw one genuine European heavyweight the way the draw is set up.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #196: Aug 25, 2017 11:20:05 am
      We got one team from my country:Maribor - won't be rollover away. Decent team with great fan support. 3 years ago Maribor trash Celtic out of europe with VVD :) Hope we beat their asses, cause a lot of friends support them.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #197: Aug 25, 2017 12:40:03 pm
      We got one team from my country:Maribor - won't be rollover away.

Will you be going to the game?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #198: Aug 25, 2017 12:43:50 pm
      Was on at 1-2am South Aus time so I was asleep for it

Pussy.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #199: Aug 25, 2017 12:45:01 pm

Got half pissed the night before at 8-ball, slept four hours and woke at 4am for the Hoffenheim match - can't quite back up a two nighter like I used to, I'm feeling every day of how close I am to 30 :D

Your good mate last time I got through an 8 ball I didn't sleep for 4 days.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017 03:43:17 pm by JD »
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #200: Aug 25, 2017 12:45:31 pm
      Don't know if i could get some ticket...They sell all 3 games together for Maribor so its no go that way. I think they match personal ID and ticket, so you can't buy just for LFC from somebody.

I will try to get away sector ticket, but don't know how :) Will look on market if smt is selling ticker. Would be really dream to watch LFC in away end.

Hope will get some info where to get away end ticket :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #201: Aug 25, 2017 12:53:01 pm

Your good mate last time I got through an 8 ball I didn't sleep for 4 days.

:lmao:

I'm an old man now shamwow, get off my lawn and keep the music the F**k down.

We got one team from my country:Maribor - won't be rollover away. Decent team with great fan support. 3 years ago Maribor trash Celtic out of europe with VVD :) Hope we beat their asses, cause a lot of friends support them.

How do you think we'll fair against them? I know F**k all about them to be honest, all I can say is I keep seeing 'Marlboro' when I read the name and having flashbacks to my late teen years of killing my lungs and liver on Marlboro reds and whiskey in Adelaide clubs. F**k I was a dumb c**t :D
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #202: Aug 25, 2017 01:01:35 pm
      We are way better team and we should win 2 matches without any problem, but away game could be tricky. They are compact with great fans and atmosphere and play compact and like to have ball.
      They have none "star" man, but 11 good working players...But i cant see them, how will cope with out attacking pace. They will struggle for sure. they dont have any big players, so corners for us wont be so panic :)

In 2012 they draw with spurs in europa league so we shouldn't underestimate them.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #203: Aug 25, 2017 01:25:31 pm
      This is a good group for us, could have been much worse.  We have a score to settle with Sevilla, which should be a home win and maybe a draw away and the same result for Spartak and we should be able to beat Maribor home and away.

Then knock barca out at the next stage.

:clap: :clap:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #204: Aug 26, 2017 01:02:47 am
      Couldn't have asked for a better Group. Made up with that.

Come on Your Reds. Let's do this.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #205: Aug 26, 2017 07:46:54 am
      :lmao:

I'm an old man now shamwow, get off my lawn and keep the music the f**k down.

How do you think we'll fair against them? I know f**k all about them to be honest, all I can say is I keep seeing 'Marlboro' when I read the name and having flashbacks to my late teen years of killing my lungs and liver on Marlboro reds and whiskey in Adelaide clubs. F**k I was a dumb c**t :D

Werent we all ?   
      Only the places have changed to protect the innnocent !   ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #206: Aug 26, 2017 07:50:08 am
      Re Printed from Anfield Online

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2017/much-liverpool-earn-champions-league/

Liverpool enjoyed sealing the return to the Champions League with a 6-3 aggregate victory over last season's 4th placed Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.

And the knock-on effects are that Liverpool will be boosted by a minimum of £30M, even without a single result in the Champions League group stage.

UEFA awards TV rights in three year packages and this year is the last of the 2015-18 TV deals across Europe - with even bigger deals likely to kick in next season.

We've been crunching the numbers to find out what this years Champions League is worth.

Playoff win and group stage qualification

By winning last night's playoff Liverpool receive €2M - a handsome figure but less than the €3M that Hoffenheim walk away with for losing.

But the reason for that mismatch is simple - LFC have qualified for the group stage and thus receive a fixed group stage payment of €12.7M.

TV Money

British clubs in the Champions League have shared the £143M that is awarded for the collection of TV rights in the United Kingdom.  The UK is currently the largest TV market for UEFA, with Italy, France and Spain lagging behind.

Half of this (€71.5M) is split between the 4 clubs based on their league finishing position.  Man Utd do not have a share of this pot as they did not qualify via their league performance.

Chelsea get 40% (1st), Spurs get 30%, Man City get 20% and the reds get 10% (4th).

That's another €7.15M.

The remaining €71.5M is shared between the clubs based on the number of games they play.  In 2015/16 English clubs played 34 games in the Champions League (approximately €2.1M per game).

Manchester City went the furthest that season, playing 12 matches as they reached the semi final.

This season there are 5 English clubs involved so even if all clubs go out at the group stage there would be a minimum of 30 games. (that would be €2.38M per game).  If English clubs had a hugely successful tournament then the maximum number of games that they could all play would be 60 (€1.19M per game).

Ideally a club would want to progress to the final and have all their fellow national sides knocked out at the group stage.

At a bare minimum then the reds would receive around €7.5M for the 6 group stage games (although the figure is more likely to be nearer €10M).

Those big Anfield games

3 big Champions League games at Anfield - the new expanded Anfield with it's hospitality and increased capacity.  The club could be looking at a conservative estimate of around £10M in matchday revenue from these games.

Total

All that adds up, already, to an absolute minimum figure of approximately £40M.  And we haven't even won a single point in the group stage yet.  For that you get an extra €0.5M per point - 6 wins would bag you 18 points, and thus €9M.

Qualifying for the last 16 earns you €6M.

Qualifying for the quarter finals earns you €6.5M

Qualifying for the semi finals earns you €7.5M

The winners get €15.5M with the runners up getting €11M.

Sponsorship

Liverpool are almost certainly going to pick up enhanced sponsorship deals or maybe even reward payments from their existing sponsors who will now see their brands exposed on the European stage.  But they will also have bonuses to pay to players and staff, and to other clubs, as a result of contract add ons.  These figures may cancel each other out.

Summary

The world's worst Champions League campaign - no LFC wins and with all the other English clubs getting to the semi finals would see Liverpool collect a minimum of around £40M (£30M Champions League and £10M matchday revenue).

The world's greatest Champions League campaign - going all the way to number six while all the other English clubs get knocked out at the group stage would see Liverpool collect a potential maximum sum of around £120M (£100M Champions League and £20M matchday revenue).

Quick Reply