Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Everton ticket probs in Nuremburg

Read 2902 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Everton ticket probs in Nuremburg
      Nov 06, 2007 11:58:19 pm
      Let's hope all the bitters don't make a complete arse of themselves - especially when we're heading towards number 6 ;)

Everton facing Uefa ticket chaos

About 1,500 Everton supporters face being turned away from Thursday's Uefa Cup game in Nuremberg because of fears over crowd trouble.

Uefa classified the match as high-risk after it emerged that the German club had sold a number of tickets in their home section direct to Everton fans.

"We would never recommend that supporters get tickets through the host club," said Everton spokesman Ian Ross.

"Those who bought them are being told now they can't use them."

European football's governing body has advised that the tickets be withdrawn because of fears over the potential for hooliganism.

Everton were allocated fewer than 3,000 tickets for the Franken-Stadion ground, which holds 47,000.

A large police presence is expected in the southern German city, and Nuremberg were forced to cancel the tickets to ensure Everton's fans are segregated in the stadium.

Everton said they received requests for five times the number of tickets they were allocated.

"However, we will never endorse our supporters buying tickets from the opposing team," said Ross.

"There are regulations in place for a reason and tickets bought from Nuremberg will not be valid on Thursday."

Merseyside Police have urged fans without a ticket to avoid turning up to the ground and watch the match at local venues in Nuremberg instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7081593.stm
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Re: Everton ticket probs in Nuremburg
      Reply #1: Nov 07, 2007 06:03:15 am
      ???

Im surprised They had that many Fans.....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Nov 07, 2007 10:03:06 am
      ???

Im surprised They had that many Fans.....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

sorry to add this to my post count, but it was worth it.
      kentredlady
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 07, 2007 03:20:33 pm
      I do feel, even as a fan of the mighty reds, that UEFA actions towards the blue noses was well out of order
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2007 07:46:59 pm
      I do feel, even as a fan of the mighty reds, that UEFA actions towards the blue noses was well out of order

Nah, sod em! 8)

;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Nov 08, 2007 07:53:12 pm

Not nearly as bad a reaction that we got after the Athens saga, if we bought tickets from the opposing team imagine the stick we'd get.  It would be on SSN for weeks..............I agree with CRK......sod em, they dont give a monkeys about anything we do.   
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Nov 11, 2007 08:18:27 pm
      Why dont you fu*k off back to what ever stone you crawled out from if youve got nothing constructive to say

and who was that aimed at Venison ?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Nov 11, 2007 08:23:15 pm
      Not you it was aimed at the blueshite, only problem is JD deleted all his post and banned him it just looks like I giving everyone a right bashing just retracing my steps and deleting all the the posts know ???
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2007 08:25:34 pm by Venison 86 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #8: Nov 11, 2007 09:18:59 pm
      Not you it was aimed at the blueshite, only problem is JD deleted all his post and banned him it just looks like I giving everyone a right bashing just retracing my steps and deleting all the the posts know ???

He had his 20 minutes in the sun.  Sometimes a delete is much quicker.

Quick Reply