Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?

Read 17777 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?
      Reply #161: Aug 27, 2017 07:07:30 pm
      That is such sh*t really :lmao: they've been here how long? With the inflated prices the fact our club record is 36 million says all you need to know.

You know this already but ahh well.

Meant to respond to that earlier, it's a non argument. You have to be willing to spend what the market dictates at which today is at 70 odd mill for a quality player (in the main).

And we can afford to do that for at least 1 or 2 players per window - we can't compete on EVERY player but we can compete when the right players come along but we choose not to. Don't let the resident FSG brigade have you believe otherwise

So, we've gone from "don't spend any money" which is clearly wrong, to "don't spend enough money" ignoring the fact we bid around £70 million for Keita, and are apparently willing to shell out a sh*t ton for VvD.

I neither "hate" nor "love" FSG, but there is a huge amount of blatantly biased and frequently dishonest bullshit posted about them.
      I particularly love the one about bidding for players they know we won't sign. It's so ridiculous that it gives me a giggle every time I see it.

As I've said all along, they're neither the best nor the worst owners we could have, but it's still a fact that our transfer record has been broken under their ownership more than once.

I understand that people are reluctant to point at Klopp, and that FSG are an easy target for the people who just love to lay blame for everything, but my view is different; we're a team not just on the pitch, but off the pitch as well, with everyone wanting the same thing and all pulling in the same direction, so if people want to play the blame game, it goes for everyone from the bottom, up to the top.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #162: Aug 28, 2017 10:02:35 am

So, we've gone from "don't spend any money" which is clearly wrong, to "don't spend enough money" ignoring the fact we bid around £70 million for Keita, and are apparently willing to shell out a sh*t ton for VvD.

I neither "hate" nor "love" FSG, but there is a huge amount of blatantly biased and frequently dishonest bullshit posted about them.
      I particularly love the one about bidding for players they know we won't sign. It's so ridiculous that it gives me a giggle every time I see it.

As I've said all along, they're neither the best nor the worst owners we could have, but it's still a fact that our transfer record has been broken under their ownership more than once.

I understand that people are reluctant to point at Klopp, and that FSG are an easy target for the people who just love to lay blame for everything, but my view is different; we're a team not just on the pitch, but off the pitch as well, with everyone wanting the same thing and all pulling in the same direction, so if people want to play the blame game, it goes for everyone from the bottom, up to the top.

People are reluctant to point at Klopp because you can clearly see he is passionate about winning.

Do I believe FSG are passionate about winning? No. I think they view it all as something that would be nice and they'll try get us there without doing whatever it takes to get us there. We have had a blatant issue with transfers for a long time now and still it goes on and I'm not sure they are willing to look at the people involved or the structures that are leading to this.

On the 'false' bids thing..you're right but it also makes me laugh when people use players we didn't sign as evidence of the manager being backed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #163: Aug 28, 2017 01:02:42 pm
      People are reluctant to point at Klopp because you can clearly see he is passionate about winning.

Do I believe FSG are passionate about winning? No. I think they view it all as something that would be nice and they'll try get us there without doing whatever it takes to get us there. We have had a blatant issue with transfers for a long time now and still it goes on and I'm not sure they are willing to look at the people involved or the structures that are leading to this.

On the 'false' bids thing..you're right but it also makes me laugh when people use players we didn't sign as evidence of the manager being backed.

Except for the fact Klopp has repeatedly said he has money to spend, money has never been an issue and that he is happy with the money side of things?
      That makes you laugh?
      OK.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #164: Aug 28, 2017 02:25:18 pm
      We have had a blatant issue with transfers for a long time now and still it goes on and I'm not sure they are willing to look at the people involved or the structures that are leading to this.
      I agree ... they are fairly risk-averse when it comes to transfers and like to be confident of a player's success before signing, which is very difficult to do (Maybe it's easier to predict how well a baseball player will do and they have taken the same model under the illusion that it will also work in football). I agree though, Rodgers found the 'committee' model frustrating and I get a sense that Klopp does too. Klopp very pointedly says that there is plenty of money but he also says that there is no Plan B, which (to me) suggests that the committee are suggesting cheaper, younger, players he does not fancy because FSG's valuation of Keita, VVD etc don't match the valuation given to them by their current clubs.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #165: Aug 28, 2017 02:31:15 pm
      Except for the fact Klopp has repeatedly said he has money to spend, money has never been an issue and that he is happy with the money side of things?
      That makes you laugh?
      OK.

Oh sorry I forgot you're incapable of hearing different points of view without trying to shut the debate down with belittling comments.

FSG have made a lot of bluster statements since they arrived about us competing blah blah blah but somehow you think only Klopps word should be taken at full face value.

Will leave you to it Mr Henry, go ahead a pop me on ignore or go off on a tangent about how bored you are, or plus whores or whatever your latest issue with the forum members is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #166: Aug 28, 2017 02:37:03 pm
      I agree ... they are fairly risk-averse when it comes to transfers and like to be confident of a player's success before signing, which is very difficult to do (Maybe it's easier to predict how well a baseball player will do and they have taken the same model under the illusion that it will also work in football). I agree though, Rodgers found the 'committee' model frustrating and I get a sense that Klopp does too. Klopp very pointedly says that there is plenty of money but he also says that there is no Plan B, which (to me) suggests that the committee are suggesting cheaper, younger, players he does not fancy because FSG's valuation of Keita, VVD etc don't match the valuation given to them by their current clubs.

All this "Plan B" stuff is a bit of a myth, propagated by journo's and "pundits" who really should know better, which is why Klopp looks baffled every time he's asked about it.

Put simply, if Plan A is to improve the squad, and win as many games as possible, everything is Plan A and there's no need for a "Plan B".
      It's the same with matches.
      The team is prepared with winning matches in mind. That involves the core players, learning the system to beat a particular team, like yesterday, when (at times) we dropped off the Arsenal back 3, and then pressed their midfield, because the wing backs would already have moved up in support leaving lots of space behind.
      That was plan A; win the match by implementing the managers strategy, and make no mistake, he will have multiple strategies in place for each match. When you see players switch flanks, that's a strategy, when a sub comes and another player moves to a slightly different position that's part of the same strategy that the squad has worked on in preparation for a match.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #167: Aug 28, 2017 02:40:11 pm
      Oh sorry I forgot you're incapable of hearing different points of view without trying to shut the debate down with belittling comments.

FSG have made a lot of bluster statements since they arrived about us competing blah blah blah but somehow you think only Klopps word should be taken at full face value.

Will leave you to it Mr Henry, go ahead a pop me on ignore or go off on a tangent about how bored you are, or plus whores or whatever your latest issue with the forum members is.

:lmao:

More like you either didn't know, or forgot what Klopp had said, and now you're having a little internet tantrum.   :laugh:

RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #168: Aug 28, 2017 02:53:44 pm

More like you either didn't know, or forgot what Klopp had said, and now you're having a little internet tantrum.   :laugh:

The only one around here who throws tantrums is you. Did I post anything gravely offensive in my initial post? No. It was just a different perspective to yours and now you're having a carry on over what was quite an innocuous comment.

It's pathetic but you know what I'm not getting dragged into the usual sh*te that you seem to have with every forum member on here, so you crack on soft ollies if that's what keeps you happy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #169: Aug 28, 2017 02:56:46 pm
      The only one around here who throws tantrums is you. Did I post anything gravely offensive in my initial post? No. It was just a different perspective to yours and now you're having a carry on over what was quite an innocuous comment.

It's pathetic but you know what I'm not getting dragged into the usual sh*te that you seem to have with every forum member on here, so you crack on soft ollies if that's what keeps you happy.

OK precious.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, heard the latest announcement?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #170: Aug 28, 2017 05:50:16 pm
      OK precious.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, heard the latest announcement?

Next year. It's great, don't misunderstand, but next July doesn't help us this season. We still need to box off this season's Summer window with some great signings. Get Lemar and a Center half and it'll be a cracking window. Sign no one by Thursday and it remains shockingly bad. No amount of Milner's moving to midfield or Moreno's playing for the first team again is going to change that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #171: Aug 28, 2017 06:00:41 pm
      Next year. It's great, don't misunderstand, but next July doesn't help us this season. We still need to box off this season's Summer window with some great signings. Get Lemar and a Center half and it'll be a cracking window. Sign no one by Thursday and it remains shockingly bad. No amount of Milner's moving to midfield or Moreno's playing for the first team again is going to change that.

Shockingly bad?
      I'm shocked by how much some posters are given to ridiculous hyperbole.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #172: Aug 29, 2017 04:50:52 am
      Shockingly bad?
      I'm shocked by how much some posters are given to ridiculous hyperbole.

Agreed.

Three quality signings in Solanke  Salah  and  Robertson.

Club record lock in for player in July  2018.

Shockingly bad ?

Don't think so FiveTimes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #173: Aug 29, 2017 07:33:33 am

You sound like a spoiled child
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #174: Aug 29, 2017 08:03:53 am
      Yeah credit where credit is due. Pulled a rabbit out of the hat here with the Keita move.

Fair F***ing play, couple of extra additions for this year without selling Coutinho and I'll happily eat my words that they are cu*ts who don't care about on field success.

Still have a nagging feeling though that anyone we sign this year will come from money raised by selling Coutinho and not the supposed 200 mil transfer kitty we had.

But at least there are signs that they are backing Klopp in his first choice targets.

Let's get VVD now.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #175: Aug 29, 2017 08:21:36 am
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #176: Aug 29, 2017 10:42:16 am
      I think that Klopp is the one to blame for this window. How can we have no plan B for Keita or Van Dijk?

I just hope we sign at least one more player now. We desperately need some new players; not that our starting 11 is not good but we need better cover.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #177: Aug 29, 2017 10:51:11 am
      Does this count as this window, or 2 windows time ?

Technically it counts as a signing next summer though.  He's not a Liverpool player - we haven't signed him and sent him back on loan so he's not cost anything yet/doesn't get a squad number etc.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #178: Aug 29, 2017 10:55:38 am
      So much said and written about Klopp and FSG and we tend to belief so much of it. In these modern times, we could probably pay journalists handsomely to write scripts of transfer sagas that leads to us not buying the targest eventually. Sounds familiar?I will only believe FSG when world class players driving pass the Shankly Gates in their training top. Otherwise, it is all drama. 8 years, yes 8 long years I have seen, read and heard enough. Nothing's gonna change if FSG is still around. Keta bought, hahaha he can't even be part of the team to compete this season and we are as good as not buying anyone and comes next season some dramatic stories comes about and Keita makes a U-turn. You read it here first.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #179: Aug 29, 2017 01:14:56 pm
      Yeah credit where credit is due. Pulled a rabbit out of the hat here with the Keita move.

Fair f**king play, couple of extra additions for this year without selling Coutinho and I'll happily eat my words that they are cu*ts who don't care about on field success.

Still have a nagging feeling though that anyone we sign this year will come from money raised by selling Coutinho and not the supposed 200 mil transfer kitty we had.

But at least there are signs that they are backing Klopp in his first choice targets.

Let's get VVD now.

Good for you to agree that they have delivered ... you having started this topic.

It was a question worthy of asking ...when you did it Steve .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #180: Aug 29, 2017 03:43:36 pm
      With Keita on board & hopefully Lemar,VVD bagged in this window then I .....

Stand shoulder to shoulder with FSG ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #181: Aug 29, 2017 03:55:12 pm
      So, I wonder why we've left our interest in this Lemar fella till 4 days till the window closed? If we wanted him so badly, why haven't we bid way before now. Would seem to be putting Monaco in a difficult position to find a replacement this late in the window and surely them letting him go depends on that.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #182: Aug 29, 2017 04:00:54 pm
      So, I wonder why we've left our interest in this Lemar fella till 4 days till the window closed? If we wanted him so badly, why haven't we bid way before now. Would seem to be putting Monaco in a difficult position to find a replacement this late in the window and surely them letting him go depends on that.

They've just agreed a fee for Balde Diao Keita.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #183: Aug 29, 2017 04:01:09 pm

At this juncture it is technically a case of being spoilt with promises!
      The prospects are exciting but as the poster states there are important areas of play still to be addressed.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017 04:14:36 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply