Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?

Read 18285 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Where Do We Stand With FSG If There Are No More Signings?
      Reply #46: Aug 25, 2017 02:35:03 pm
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp offered his latest thoughts on the transfer window on Friday.

At his pre-match press conference, the Liverpool manager was asked about potential business by the club before the deadline next Thursday.

ā€œUntil August 31, thatā€™s how the business is ā€“ a lot of things are really possible, ins and outs. Thatā€™s how it is,ā€ he replied.

ā€œIā€™ve said it a few times, if the transfer window closed tomorrow, it is like it is and Iā€™m happy with it.

ā€œJust to say, in the Champions League game Divock Origi was not in the squad. He has nothing wrong, that just shows how big the quality already is. Thatā€™s just one example. Other players were also not in the squad.

ā€œThatā€™s the situation. We work on it, you can imagine. Thatā€™s all aside; I prepare [for] Arsenal. We are in talks. Will something happen? I donā€™t know.

ā€œObviously this transfer window is different to all other transfer windows.

ā€œAnd Iā€™ve also said it before, Andrew Robertson showed up against Crystal Palace. Before he showed up, I think everybody thought ā€˜Robertson from Hull?ā€™ and now think ā€˜Oh my God, heā€™s really strong!ā€™ Iā€™m completely fine and happy with him. Dominic Solanke showed everything you want to see from a new player in a really short time. Mo Salah, we donā€™t have to talk about this.

ā€œJames Milner plays in midfield again, thatā€™s like a transfer for us. Alberto Moreno plays left-back again in an outstanding [way]. If a few people would not still remember that a year ago he made a mistake, against Arsenal maybe, then everybody would say ā€˜What a performance!ā€™ I can do it easily. Obviously Iā€™m pretty much alone with this view. But thatā€™s no problem.

ā€œWe will see what happens. Iā€™m happy at the moment. Will I be happy on 31 still? Not sure. Will I be happier? Possible ā€“ we will see.ā€
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/273221-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-s-transfers-update

And there you have it.

Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable twisting of Klopps words, and "reading between the lines" and all the other nonsense people post up to pursue an agenda or try to stir sh*t.

No twisting needs to be done. He's taking a purely pragmatic approach to the situation. "I won't worry about things outside my control" does not mean he wasn't presented with alternatives. I would expect any manager to say the same.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #47: Aug 25, 2017 02:37:19 pm
      Ok so you must think that Klopp is scared of FSG or a stooge of FSG then, which is it? I have ot confess that he doesn't strike me as either of those 2 things but clearly you disagree or have FSG taken a family member hostage perhaps and through gritted teeth Klopp says that he is happy.

Look we are never go to agree on the owners, you love them I do not.

To answer your question I believe JĆ¼rgen is royally fu**ed off and knows just as we do the squad is threadbare should a few of our main players get injured and is probably pissed that we cant land our targets.

What he says in front of the cameras and to the media is towing the line and not upsetting the applecart.

Do I believe it....No.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #48: Aug 25, 2017 02:42:13 pm
      And,

If he's not happy with the situation FSG are presenting him with, or he's unhappy with the quality of players he has, does he come out and say so to press and fans? 

Of course not.

Why tell the fans you're pissed off about the lack of transfers-in, when that will heap more pressure on the existing players?

Why put your employers in the position of having to sweep up a public mess?

Why make any existing player worry that JK thinks he's not good enough?  Its basic man-management.

Trying to read anything into JK's comments is an exercise in futility because he seems to use his vague German interpretation of English to answer questions without committing himself to any answer at all.  He'd make a great politician!

(With a nod to you, SM, who posted a similar thing just ahead of me!)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #49: Aug 25, 2017 02:44:15 pm
      No twisting needs to be done. He's taking a purely pragmatic approach to the situation. "I won't worry about things outside my control" does not mean he wasn't presented with alternatives. I would expect any manager to say the same.

Twisting doesn't need to be done, but it will be, I can guarantee it.

His approach is the same as mine if you want to call it pragmatic.
      We get who we get, and I'm not going to get all wound up about things outside my control.
      I've seen far too many transfer windows, and sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.
      The issue is that people all of a sudden start treating media reports as gospel, when 99% of it is just clickbait.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #50: Aug 25, 2017 02:44:32 pm

To answer your question I believe JĆ¼rgen is royally fu**ed off and knows just as we do the squad is threadbare should a few of our main players get injured and is probably pissed that we cant land our targets.

What he says in front of the cameras and to the media is towing the line and not upsetting the applecart.

Do I believe it....No.

So you think JĆ¼rgen is an FSG stooge then or is to scared to speak his mind in case he gets fired. He doesn't strike me as either but as you said we are never going to agree.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: Aug 25, 2017 02:46:07 pm

Do I believe it....No.

You mean like the target where they told us to come back with a bid of Ā£66 million and the deal would be done, only to flatly refuse when we increased our bid?

And now you insinuate that Klopp is lying.
      That didn't take long.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #52: Aug 25, 2017 02:46:49 pm

We get who we get, and I'm not going to get all wound up about things outside my control.
      I've seen far too many transfer windows, and sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.
      The issue is that people all of a sudden start treating media reports as gospel, when 99% of it is just clickbait.

Agreed.  It starts a few conversations, but I've wasted enough hours of my life this summer reading crap and speculating about what will or won't happen, and I've had enough now.  I'll wait until September!

Quick edit:  By crap, I mean the media reports, not the threads on here, before I get lynched!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #53: Aug 25, 2017 02:48:12 pm

Our transfer dealings have been a shambles for years mate even pre FSG.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Aug 25, 2017 02:49:02 pm
      And,

If he's not happy with the situation FSG are presenting him with, or he's unhappy with the quality of players he has, does he come out and say so to press and fans? 

Of course not.

Why tell the fans you're pissed off about the lack of transfers-in, when that will heap more pressure on the existing players?

Why put your employers in the position of having to sweep up a public mess?

Why make any existing player worry that JK thinks he's not good enough?  Its basic man-management.

Trying to read anything into JK's comments is an exercise in futility because he seems to use his vague German interpretation of English to answer questions without committing himself to any answer at all.  He'd make a great politician!

(With a nod to you, SM, who posted a similar thing just ahead of me!)

Rubbish, there's a million ways he can let everyone know he's pissed off, he can leak some information out, he can say that he's finding the windows a bit frustrating, he can be the person I believe he is, honest and forthright, and say plain and simple that he is annoyed with the owners/club.
      I simply do not believe for one second that JĆ¼rgen, heart on my sleeve, Klopp would shy away from saying something if he genuinely was pissed off with the owners or the club, which leads me to the conclusion that he is NOT pissed off, and that if there is any fault in this transfer window then it is caused by his stubbornness in terms of targets.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #55: Aug 25, 2017 02:51:16 pm
      You mean like the target where they told us to come back with a bid of Ā£66 million and the deal would be done, only to flatly refuse when we increased our bid?

And now you insinuate that Klopp is lying.
      That didn't take long.

How much did we offer up front was it the full Ā£66m?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #56: Aug 25, 2017 02:54:26 pm
      See I can understand the points about Klopp being stubborn and I think there's certainly an element of that. It could well be that he's convinced who we're after and we simply can't get their clubs to play ball, that all looks realistic but even if we have to wait for our plan A targets until Jan/next summer then surely we should be looking at a player to come in just behind them for the future. The only thing that can be stopping this, in my opinion, is if the wage budget only stretches far enough to include these two players and JĆ¼rgen doesn't want to jeopardise future deals for them, which would be incredibly patient but one helluva gamble.

This though:

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/901058317312819200

Is total bollocks, it's either our choice not to change from plan A, or it isn't. It has absolutely nothing to do with other clubs and is all either a self inflicted short term injury, or it's a total F**k up which would be hard to explain.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Aug 25, 2017 02:54:29 pm

Who gives a F**k.
      Not me.

We tried, we failed, tough sh*t.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #58: Aug 25, 2017 02:54:43 pm
      Rubbish, there's a million ways he can let everyone know he's pissed off, he can leak some information out, he can say that he's finding the windows a bit frustrating, he can be the person I believe he is, honest and forthright, and say plain and simple that he is annoyed with the owners/club.
      I simply do not believe for one second that JĆ¼rgen, heart on my sleeve, Klopp would shy away from saying something if he genuinely was pissed off with the owners or the club, which leads me to the conclusion that he is NOT pissed off, and that if there is any fault in this transfer window then it is caused by his stubbornness in terms of targets.

He COULD, but why would he need to let everyone know?  There's enough speculation around the club at the best of times, what purpose would it serve if JK added more to it?  He's concentrating on running the bl**dy football team. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #59: Aug 25, 2017 02:55:46 pm

Nobody can actually confirm if we made that bid or not.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #60: Aug 25, 2017 02:58:20 pm
      Who gives a f**k.
      Not me.

And there in is our problem it's always we tried and failed.
      No prizes for guessing where that has got us.

Do you think if that was they're approach in business that would be tolerated by JWH and Co?

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Aug 25, 2017 02:59:59 pm
      Our transfer dealings have been a shambles for years mate even pre FSG.

They've been a shambles since Souness.
      But IMO no worse than a lot of other clubs.
      No club gets every target, and we haven't been helped by a lack of management conituity.

I've seen literally dozens of transfer windows, and only in the digital age, with twatter etc has it become this F***ing hysteria-fest.

I'm OK with our business.
      It hasn't been great, but the team and squad have improved, so it hasn't been that bad either.

I just don't get all bent out of shape about transfers, simply because I've seen so many windows.

I'll leave others to pull their hair out, and shout and scream with these weird hysterical tones.
      I've got absolutely no interest in it, and I'll stick to what Klopp says as "truth" rather than the twisting of words, "reading between the lines" and all the rest of the sh*te people use to justify hysterical rants.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #62: Aug 25, 2017 03:01:07 pm
      Could be things going on behind the scenes in the right direction, that's what I take from his last line.

He said it's possible he 'could be happier'. I'm sure that relates to people being signed and not sold.

Think exactly the same mate and there's been some interesting tweets by odd people (not itk, large following without a serious interest in us) suggesting that VvD is actually in Liverpool today. No confirmation of that and you'd think with the amount of camera phones around there would be if true but still I think this one may well get done.

I also think that this will be a record deadline day in terms of transfers as it seems a lot of teams still have work to do.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #63: Aug 25, 2017 03:06:24 pm
      Who gives a f**k.
      Not me.

Wow you don't get it what a shock.......

How much is your house worth Swab lets say Ā£100,000.

I want to buy it but will only give you Ā£30,000 and the rest over 5 years.

You quite rightly tell me to F**k off as what can you do with Ā£30,000 you cant buy something else and feel my bid is an insult.

Still I tried eh that's what matters.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Aug 25, 2017 03:09:03 pm
      And there in is our problem it's always we tried and failed.
      No prizes for guessing where that has got us.

Do you think if that was they're approach in business that would be tolerated by JWH and Co?

It happens to every club, and all you have to do is look at the wider market to see the truth of that, especially this window when clubs have so much money.

Transfers - you win some you lose some, it's always been the same.
      That's why I don't get all worked up like so many others seem to.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #65: Aug 25, 2017 03:11:10 pm
      Wow you don't get it what a shock.......

How much is your house worth Swab lets say Ā£100,000.

I want to buy it but will only give you Ā£30,000 and the rest over 5 years.

You quite rightly tell me to F**k off as what can you do with Ā£30,000 you cant buy something else and feel my bid is an insult.

Still I tried eh that's what matters.

Bullshit.
      We were told they would accept Ā£66 million, then when we bid that they fu**ed us off.
      It was all about publicity for Red Bull.

Look, you can buy into all the conspiracy bullshit you want.
      It doesn't interest me.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #66: Aug 25, 2017 03:14:55 pm
      They've been a shambles since Souness.
      But IMO no worse than a lot of other clubs.
      No club gets every target, and we haven't been helped by a lack of management conituity.

I've seen literally dozens of transfer windows, and only in the digital age, with twatter etc has it become this f**king hysteria-fest.

I'm OK with our business.
      It hasn't been great, but the team and squad have improved, so it hasn't been that bad either.

I just don't get all bent out of shape about transfers, simply because I've seen so many windows.

I'll leave others to pull their hair out, and shout and scream with these weird hysterical tones.
      I've got absolutely no interest in it, and I'll stick to what Klopp says as "truth" rather than the twisting of words, "reading between the lines" and all the rest of the sh*te people use to justify hysterical rants.

The bolded bit it the entire point, Swab. We didn't just not get every target, we got no target because we only had one target per position. Chelsea, United and City all failed to land their first choice targets but unlike us they worked down a list until they brought in players who could improve them. The issue for me is we did not and not for the first time ever. It's to Klopp's credit that he didn't make the same mistake as Brendan and accept substandard alterntives but that doesn't excuse the fact we didn't have top quality alternatives in the first place. If that ends up costing us this season because we pick up injuries to key players then someone's head needs placing on a pike because all the hard work of last season was thrown away again. As I've said, I don't point the finger at FSG specifically for that.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #67: Aug 25, 2017 03:21:06 pm
      The bolded bit it the entire point, Swab. We didn't just not get every target, we got no target because we only had one target per position. Chelsea, United and City all failed to land their first choice targets but unlike us they worked down a list until they brought in players who could improve them. The issue for me is we did not and not for the first time ever. It's to Klopp's credit that he didn't make the same mistake as Brendan and accept substandard alterntives but that doesn't excuse the fact we didn't have top quality alternatives in the first place. If that ends up costing us this season because we pick up injuries to key players then someone's head needs placing on a pike because all the hard work of last season was thrown away again. As I've said, I don't point the finger at FSG specifically for that.

No bold bit?

Salah, Roberston, Solanke.
      Broke our club record.

Missed out on others, maybe there are players we could have got that Klopp didn't want, who knows.
      That's the way transfer windows go, always has been, probably always will be.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #68: Aug 25, 2017 03:25:23 pm
      It happens to every club, and all you have to do is look at the wider market to see the truth of that, especially this window when clubs have so much money.

Transfers - you win some you lose some, it's always been the same.
      That's why I don't get all worked up like so many others seem to.

Of course no doubt it happens to all clubs.
      However over the last few years it has happened to regularly at LFC.

Hence why this year it is imperative we need to do some catch up in the transfer market because it's no good thinking oh well other clubs like Spurs, Chavs and Arse have not done much as they already have better squads.

Even if Chelsea don't sign anyone they have a squad who were 17pts better than ours and we have only bought in 1 starter in Salah.

Quick Reply