Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match Liverpool vs Arsenal Sunday 27th August 16:00 Kick off

Read 8624 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool vs Arsenal Sunday 27th August 16:00 Kick off
      Reply #69: Aug 27, 2017 01:25:41 pm
      I am a German, pessimism is in our blood, mate. Therefore they called us "Piefke", "Fritz" and "Sauerkraut" in the wars^^.

Is that all they called you in the wars ;D

All decision are at the doorstep of the Boss, some we agree with & some we don't.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #70: Aug 27, 2017 01:26:01 pm
      Hmm!  Must admit it's a strange one, no Migs not even on the bench, no one of course knows why it could be anything from a personal viewpoint or it could be a tete a tete with Jürgen,

It it were a injury that's what would have been announced so I'm thinking it's more to do with a personal thing that needs to remain private,
      I can't imagine Migs and Jürgen falling out but you never know ?

Maybe he put in a TR for Barca   :f_whistle:

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #71: Aug 27, 2017 01:29:39 pm
      I am a German, pessimism is in our blood, mate. Therefore they called us "Piefke", "Fritz" and "Sauerkraut" in the wars^^.

"Don't mention the war".

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #72: Aug 27, 2017 01:29:48 pm
      You don't axe a goalkeeper in the middle of the season, you just don't. It's a killer for his self confidence and if Karius sucks and he has to bring back Mig then "Gute Nacht". You do that at the very beginning of the season. Goalkeepers need confidence and confidence needs trust and trust needs the knowledge to be still No. 1 after mistakes.

Why not? We did it last season. Brendan did it the season before. It's not unheard of in other clubs either. We have three keepers on the books. One we know for certain isn't title winning quality, the other two are complete unknowns. We need to know for a decision on the position to be made.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,099 posts | 1637 
      Reply #73: Aug 27, 2017 01:38:06 pm
      Some very odd comments regarding Mignolet blaming him for goals clearly not his doing . It is a very odd decision in my eyes unless something else in it . I must admit having 3 keepers not going to work one surely will be leaving before Friday one way or other
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #74: Aug 27, 2017 01:44:52 pm
      Watched a re run of the 4:4 myself. If we can replicate that sort of form, but put away our chances, we should win 12:4 today 😊
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #75: Aug 27, 2017 01:47:08 pm

Wot ! No Robertson Luke  ? 

Your probably bang on with the rest, didn't know Migs was out so just hope Karius is up for it, guess we'll find out, I went with Klavan rather than Lovren , but should be VVD in a ideal world,

I feel the same regarding our mids, just don't think Hendo & Can sharing the same pitch is our best option and Gini has been ropey of late, I know this is controversial but the sooner we have Coutinho back amongst it the better imo.....

.......INCOMING !!!!!!!!!!! 😣😣😣😣😣😣

YNWA

I'm giving Alby another chance mate, Danzel opened my eyes to a few things about the lad and I believe I've been overly harsh on him. I like Robertson too, thought he did superb against Palace and honestly wouldn't mind which of them start as long as it's not Milner there.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Aug 27, 2017 01:54:07 pm
      It is a very odd decision in my eyes unless something else in it . I must admit having 3 keepers not going to work one surely will be leaving before Friday one way or other

Migs ?

Klopp is not stupid. He knows Migs failings and the points that have been dropped.
      Is Migs going to be transferred on the 31st ? Is someone else coming in?

If a transfer has been arranged then we wouldn't want Migs injured before Thursday.

Karius dropped a few clangers when he came in. That was to be expected . Different team and different league.

Quality ? Don't forget he is a German international keeper.

Danny was brilliant at Huddersfield in that promotion winning side. A revelation.

I think he and Karius are capable of being the Red's keepers. 

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #77: Aug 27, 2017 01:55:28 pm
      Migs ?

Klopp is not stupid. He knows Migs failings and the points that have been dropped.

If a transfer has been arranged then we wouldn't want Migs injured before Thursday.

Karius dropped a few clangers when he came in. That was to be expected . Different team and different league.

Danny was brilliant at Huddersfield in that promotion winning side. A revelation.

Has there been a transfer request or interest from another team?.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Aug 27, 2017 02:01:44 pm

No idea . Just speculating  Shabs .
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #79: Aug 27, 2017 02:03:38 pm

Has there been a transfer request? I hope so.

Has there been interest from another team? I highly doubt it haha
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #80: Aug 27, 2017 02:06:19 pm
      Is it possible someone came in for Migs and he is going to be sold? Let's wait and see Klopp's reaction after the match.

However Karius does this match, he gets my support from today because ("I am Batman") we are Liverpool. :)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #81: Aug 27, 2017 02:11:25 pm
      Is it possible someone came in for Migs and he is going to be sold? Let's wait and see Klopp's reaction after the match.

However Karius does this match, he gets my support from today because ("I am Batman") we are Liverpool. :)

It might just be something as simple as Karius plays the League, Mignolet plays Europe and Ward plays the domestic cups, allowing him to appraise each with an extended run.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #82: Aug 27, 2017 02:12:16 pm
      As the saying goes (don't know the phrase in English), you only appreciate someone after he's gone. I remember how much I valued Mig after seeing Karius rumble and stumble through the box. I hope I am wrong and Karius has grown, but I remain skeptic.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      Reply #83: Aug 27, 2017 02:13:31 pm
      Migs ?

Interesting take on it Skip, IF indeed Jürgen has decided to move Migs on, why involve him in the season thus far,
      Surely he would have had Karius between the sticks giving him game time and familiarity...

...is there A other coming in ? Can't see that either since we have Danny Ward waiting in the wings...its a strange decision from the boss unless it's out of his control....

Guess we'll find out soon enough?

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #84: Aug 27, 2017 02:13:48 pm
      No idea . Just speculating  Shabs .

Thanks mate, it's fascinating the Boss dropping Mig as sh*t he has been for such a crucial game, I'm not comfortable with pundits such as Carra taking digs at Karius if he were to do a mistake or two in such an important game.

We could do without the extra media spotlight attention especially with the VVD,Couthinho & lack of transfer activity..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #85: Aug 27, 2017 02:20:50 pm
      Robertson had a baby (probably last 3-4hrs), posted it 1hr ago with him at hospital and holding her/him. Guess it'll be Moreno or Milner at left back.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      Reply #86: Aug 27, 2017 02:21:03 pm
      Migs ?

I got it....

....we're doing a deal with Soton....straight swop with Forster and their chucking VVD in as a sweetener..... once they get a letter of apology  :f_whistle:  ;D

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      Reply #87: Aug 27, 2017 02:22:15 pm
      Robertson had a baby (probably last 3-4hrs), posted it 1hr ago with him at hospital and holding her/him. Guess it'll be Moreno or Milner at left back.

Another new signing 😁

YNWA
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #88: Aug 27, 2017 02:23:53 pm
      Perhaps Klopp has seen something that we don't? What I do notice is we were giving the opposition free headers at our goal area in the last few games and perhaps Karius cold punch a few heads and ball (football) better?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #89: Aug 27, 2017 02:24:49 pm
      Perhaps Klopp has seen something that we don't? What I do notice is we were giving the opposition free headers at our goal area in the last few games and perhaps Karius cold punch a few heads and ball (football) better?

He's probably got his hands on those compromising photos Migs tends to collect on his managers :P
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #90: Aug 27, 2017 02:28:20 pm
      He's probably got his hands on those compromising photos Migs tends to collect on his managers :P

;D.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #91: Aug 27, 2017 02:31:48 pm
      We've got a good few on this board who will be happy to see Migs out personally I sh*t myself every time there is a cross when Karius is between the posts. He plays smaller than his height which is not good condidering he is a bit shorter than your prototypical goal keeper. Fingers crossed he has grown some balls since he was last in the fray. Arsenal probably a better test as they are not likely to throw too many high balls or crosses in there.

Quick Reply