Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      48 (34.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (6.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (26.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      19 (13.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.7%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2017 05:51:56 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28229 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Aug 27, 2017 07:04:39 pm
      I've come here to eat humble pie, I asked Jk not to play those three midfielders together again, but for the second game, They were sensational. Great performance by all. No shots on target, please keep it up

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #553: Aug 27, 2017 07:04:43 pm
      Sublime, that's what we were today. Absolutely sublime. Tactically out thought, out fought and comprehensively out played Arsenal in every area of the pitch. We'll face tougher tests during the season, I'm sure but let's not take anything away from the lads, they played brilliantly. So, ratings.

Karius - did nothing to silence his critics today, but did nothing to prove them right either. Looked nervous when the ball came to him which is understandable considering the crowd kept going "ooooh" every time it did. Need to see a lot more before I'm convinced either way. 6/10

Matip - Did what was needed, except for that ridiculous and dangerous pass to Karius when Wellbeck was so close. 7/10

Lovren - Poor. If Jürgen thinks we're fine going into the new season without at least one other center back he wants his head feeling. 6/10

Moreno - Did what Moreno does. Energetic going forward, lackadaisical going backwards. 7/10

Gomez - One or two good balls aside, including the one that started the move for Studge's goal, I thought he was poor. TAA looks far more convincing as Right Back for me and needs to be restored to the side with post-haste. 6/10

Having watched it again he put a much better performance in than I first thought. Still prefer TAA there but he looked good and used his strength well, showing excellent vision at times. Revised to 8/10

Henderson - Performed adequately. Not much else to really say. A solid performance if an uninspired one but mainly due to the role rather than the player. What we need in that position. 7/10

Can - Was immense today and a close contender for MOTM. We need to get this guy's contract sorted ASAP because he's going from strength to strength and it would be a massive loss to lose him. 9.5/10

Wijnaldum - This was his best performance of the season today, arguably his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. That's not to suggest he plays badly, more that he's normally a solid seven out of ten player. Not today. 8/10

Mane - Superb again today, always a threat with his movement and scored a lovely goal. On another day he'd have been MOTM which is a testiment to just how good others where today. 9/10

Firmino - Typically Firmino with intelligent play and a great goal to cap it off. 9/10

Salah - As good as Can was today, Salah gets my MOTM vote. Every attack went through him, his diagonal runs, his pace and his intelligence were a constant threat. Defended well, attacked brilliantly, scored a beautiful goal and set another one up with one of the best crosses you'll see. For me, it was a  flawless display. 10/10

Of the Subs:

Sturridge was on long enough to rate. Scored an excellent goal but his pace looks to have faded and we lost a lot of cutting edge when he came on. I still feel he has a part to play in the club but the system needs to be adapted to get the best out of him if he starts and that's not going to happen in place of the regular front three. Good to have options though. 8/10

Gaffer - Gave Wenger a lesson in tactics today. Got pretty much everything spot on. 8/10

More like this, please lads.

#Wenger In!
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017 12:25:49 pm by 5timesacharm »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #554: Aug 27, 2017 07:06:20 pm
      Moreno - Did what Moreno does. Energetic going forward, lackadaisical going backwards. 7/10

You and I saw that different, thought he worked his ass off today on both sides of the pitch.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #555: Aug 27, 2017 07:19:45 pm
      You and I saw that different, thought he worked his ass off today on both sides of the pitch.

I'm not criticisng his work effic, rather his attention span. His positional awareness is his biggest weakness and that's not something that can be coached. Besides, I consider 7/10 as being a solid, middle of the road peformance. Nothing special, nothing spectacular.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #556: Aug 27, 2017 07:23:24 pm
      First couple of games this season we were in disbelief with how bad we looked in midfield but the last 2 games, Gini and Can more so, have been boss.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #557: Aug 27, 2017 07:27:25 pm
      Superb performance by the lads, we hammered them and the final score is flattering for Arsenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #558: Aug 27, 2017 07:35:44 pm

I thought he was quality all over the park today.

First couple of games this season we were in disbelief with how bad we looked in midfield but the last 2 games, Gini and Can more so, have been boss.

Could it be because we've had a small run of home games?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #559: Aug 27, 2017 07:39:08 pm
      Just think where we could be with a decent goalkeeper and a commanding central defensive player.
      Not complaining though, as we were immense today, shame about the international break coming up.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #560: Aug 27, 2017 07:39:29 pm
      Could it be because we've had a small run of home games?

It could be as simple as the 3 of them working out playing together consistantly....we have either had Couts/Lallana or both of them out on the pitch...these 3 at the same time have been asked to play differently together and sometimes it just take a bit of time to work out the kinks.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #561: Aug 27, 2017 07:50:09 pm
      Guys, how on earth can you both have snipes at each other on such a glorious Masterclass of matches?  We were frightening at times.

Just leave it for a different day as we want to enjoy and savour this rout on one of our big rivals.

Was just responding to the resident WUM. Happy to enjoy the game celebration though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #562: Aug 27, 2017 07:52:40 pm
      Sturridge was on long enough to rate. Scored an excellent goal but his pace looks to have faded and we lost a lot of cutting edge when he came on. I still feel he has a part to play in the club but the system needs to be adapted to get the best out of him if he starts and that's not going to happen in place of the regular front three. Good to have options though. 8/10

As good as Firmino, Mane and Salah, considering he had a tap in only played 15 minutes and for the rest of those 15 minutes was needed mostly to help waste time in the corners. Doesn't sound fair on the other lads imo, but each to their own.

I thought he was quality all over the park today.

He was, very harsh to call him lackadaisical today, nothing of the sort from what I saw. Tracked his man, covered the space didn't get turned, don't remember him getting beaten once and made some lovely tackles.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #563: Aug 27, 2017 07:53:22 pm
      Was just responding to the resident WUM. Happy to enjoy the game celebration though.

Don't be upset because they usurped you and you want your residency back. ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #564: Aug 27, 2017 08:08:44 pm
      As good as Firmino, Mane and Salah, considering he had a tap in only played 15 minutes and for the rest of those 15 minutes was needed mostly to help waste time in the corners. Doesn't sound fair on the other lads imo, but each to their own.
      But that's the point, Sturridge had 15 mins to make his mark and he did it. You think that was a tap in?! Not a chance, great run and great header. Totally agree with the rating.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #565: Aug 27, 2017 08:13:00 pm

You saw it correctly:

https://twitter.com/LFCData/status/901882930527703042

Incredible stats, most touches on the entire pitch too, was quality today and the lack of praise speaks more volumes about people than it does about Alby's performance. There were loads of people in the pre-match having a go and wondering why, Alby deserves better after a performance like that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #566: Aug 27, 2017 08:19:09 pm
      What a fantastic day at Anfield it was. Can't fault a single player - not a single one.

We were incredible. Salah is a F***ing brilliant signing. Fit us like a glove, confident he'll get into double digits this season.

Btw I thought Can was very good, as was Gini, but I'm surprised to see him leading the MOTM poll. I went for Salah myself.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #567: Aug 27, 2017 08:28:24 pm
      Karius: Few dodgy moments however his distribution was looking pretty good when he actually released the ball on time. Didn't have much to do though - 6

Moreno: Thought he was fantastic, got forward when needed and also defended well. Shout out to Henderson who was barking at him all night making sure he was in position. Clearly worked a treat. - 8

Matip: Made everything look easy, classy, vintage performance from Matip - 8

Lovren: One or two blips made me take him down one compared to Matip, but nothing major - 7

Gomez: Didn't look out of place, looks like a great battle for our right back spot this season. - 7

Henderson: He will find you and he will tackle you. Commanding defensive performance and wonderful pressing. Was barking orders to everyone and kept the team purring. Very good showing. - 8

Gini: Hi Gini, nice to see you again! Wonderful showing, looked strong and composed on the ball and played with a smile which was great to see for the new dad. Another Anfield masterclass from the dutchman - 9

Can: He was boss. Looked like an absolute tank in there. Was bigger, stronger and faster than all the Arsenal team, they didn't stand a chance against Emre. He really used his license to go forward to good effect. - 9

Mane: Best player at the club, bar none. World class. Simple as that. - 9

Salah: Everything good we did had this guy involved somewhere. Him and Mane will have defenders shitting their pants. Always looks like he's going to score - 9

Firmino: Great finish, great work rate and did a lot of things that a centre forward doesn't usually get credit for. Thought he played very well and is a great compliment to the all out attack we have on the wings at the moment. - 8

Also great to see Studge on the scoresheet, lets hope he can stay fit, we will need him for the congested fixture list.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #568: Aug 27, 2017 08:29:57 pm
      Incredible stats, most touches on the entire pitch too, was quality today and the lack of praise speaks more volumes about people than it does about Alby's performance. There were loads of people in the pre-match having a go and wondering why, Alby deserves better after a performance like that.

Had most touches against Hoffeneim too, then it was Robertson against Palace, pattern developing or coincide? :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #569: Aug 27, 2017 08:58:03 pm
      I see somewhere, that it was actually 10-0.

Oh sorry, it was only the Shots On Target. It should have been the Goals Scored. They're just target practice for us nowadays. 14 goals past that laughing stock of a side since Klopp took charge. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Let's go down there at Christmas and turn it into a turkey shoot.

In the meantime, next up at home, Seville and a score to settle.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #570: Aug 27, 2017 09:04:49 pm
      Had most touches against Hoffeneim too, then it was Robertson against Palace, pattern developing or coincide? :D

Definitely is mate, there's method in the madness.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #571: Aug 27, 2017 09:07:40 pm

Didn't TAA have the most touches against Hoffeneim away too? I'm sure that'll change once/if Coutinho returns.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #572: Aug 27, 2017 09:13:25 pm
      WOAH  !

Incredible  and Amazing .

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #573: Aug 27, 2017 09:23:03 pm
      Didn't see any of the game or hightlights yet but brilliant result, what is it with us beating the Arse 4-0!! ;)  Clean sheet too. Nice to go into the Intl break on the back of that. Salah on the score sheet again, settling in nicely.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #574: Aug 27, 2017 09:28:51 pm
      Didn't TAA have the most touches against Hoffeneim away too? I'm sure that'll change once/if Coutinho returns.

Yup and if you look at last season I think Milner had some of the highest touches for team.

Difference now is you have FB with speed; which makes it leathal.

Quick Reply