Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)

Read 5161 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
      Jun 13, 2018 05:43:48 pm
      A name coming up out of left field .

Attacking midfielder currently with Ajax.

The 25-year-old's reputation has grown considerably during the past season, having scored nine goals and provided 18 assists in 39 games for Ajax.

There he plays at the tip of a midfield three, similar to the position in which Coutinho performed for Liverpool before making his £142million move to Barcelona in January.

And after two years in Amsterdam, having previously starred in Holland with Herenveen and FC Twente, Ziyech is ready to move on.

“I need a new challenge,” he said last month.
      “At some point, it’s time to go. Of course, I wasn’t at by best sometimes, but I feel that I need (something to) click by changing my environment.

“When I arrived here, I said I wanted to continue to grow for two years. I also discussed with Marc (Overmars, the Ajax sports director) if everything is good for Ajax and for me, then I do not see why it would not happen.”

With three years remaining on his Ajax deal, Ziyech would command a sizeable fee, although not in the region of the near £50million Liverpool were ready to hand Lyon for Fekir.

Nevertheless, he has already attracted interest from several major European clubs, with reports suggesting Roma have already opened negotiations with the player's representatives. Earlier this summer, Inter Milan were said to be considering an offer.

Rest assured, though, that Liverpool will know all about Ziyech. They'll be assessing every avenue, a dereliction of duty otherwise.

The last major signing Liverpool made from the Dutch Eredivisie was a certain Luis Suarez, and he turned out to be okay.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/forget-nabil-fekir-who-liverpool-14778407

https://youtu.be/fzubkgsIXUE
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018 05:47:53 pm by MIRO »
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2018 05:58:19 pm
      Would be a very good replacement for that "Fekir" that got away.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2018 06:33:29 pm
      Good player if a little bit of a daisy, had a bit of a fall out with the ajax fans and the relationship wasn't great. Good at set pieces if a bit lightweight,  quite a fan myself
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2018 06:40:21 pm
      is there a credible rumor to him other than the Echo randomly mentioning him as someone we should look into?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2018 07:27:23 pm
      im no eredivsie expert but i do have few football channels and i do usually watch the big teams games. Then i like to pretend to be a liverpool scout and think about who is good enough for us and who can make us better.
      Seen him couple of times for Ajax and he is a decent player but he wont improve us imo. dont you all jump on me at once but i honestly dont think he can improve our first team.

I think we already have a better players then Hakim and thats Lallana and Ox. Although i admit that Hakim would be better then Lallana on the wing because he is quicker then Adam but thats not why we would be intrested in him. He has been playing as a AM and for that position, he isnt really a improvement over our current players.

Yes Adam has had injuries and Ox is injured aswell but for me the gap between our current players and Hakim isnt big enough for us to buy him.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2018 08:17:13 pm
      Don't really see any solid links to this guy. That article surely is only speculation.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2018 08:26:42 pm
      I'm not convinced with him :/ He's not something that our players can't offer. I would prefer Shaqiri than him to be honest or Martins on a free.

Quick Reply