Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 100298 times
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #115: Aug 28, 2017 10:00:00 pm
      Throw in Sahko + Origi
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #116: Aug 28, 2017 10:00:34 pm
      Surely we aren't so daft as to submit 3 bids for a player who isn't for sale.....  right ???

Shifting gears -- might Monaco have any interest in a French CB?  We've got one to spare, and he's not got an ounce of fat on him!!

They have never said he is not for sale.

Every player has a price, remember the dealings over Keita and what RBL were saying.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,164 posts | 1093 
      Reply #117: Aug 28, 2017 10:00:52 pm
      Here we go again. I can see the "we tried but couldn't quite get it over the line" looming on the horizon as we speak. Why didn't we "try" three months ago then? Might have been able to get it done.

Looks increasingly like we'll end up with a NET spend of the best part of bugger all once Sakho and Markovic have gone, good luck Jürgen.

Really? After todays deal this is what your saying? Some people will gripe about anything.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #118: Aug 28, 2017 10:01:24 pm
      Markovic too
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #119: Aug 28, 2017 10:09:28 pm
      How about Origi+Ings+a packet of chocolate fingers.
      Can't see Monaco sell anyone else if they want to be able to field a team.
      70mill?!
      This one seems a bit bonkers.

I don't know, I think the chocolate fingers might just clinch it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #120: Aug 28, 2017 10:11:52 pm
      Monaco can always be tempted by the look of it though. They've let a couple of players go who were key to them and they are on the brink of losing Mbappe too. The right offer, they will sell.
      Not forgetting they loaned out Falcao for 2 years, who loans out a player of that calibre?! (First time round when he went to the Mancs anyway) after paying so much for him?

Mick, if we can add players of the calibre of VVD,Lemar,Kieta with 1 or 2 more to compliment this team with a zero net spend then that can't be a bad thing can it?.

The owners know that Klopp is no Rodgers and won't settle for 2nd 3rd targets, he wants his primary targets or no one.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #121: Aug 28, 2017 10:12:04 pm
      I don't know, I think the chocolate fingers might just clinch it.

Yea, I like them a lot.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #122: Aug 28, 2017 10:23:21 pm
      Like the look of Lemar, sadly he is Phil's replacement. No way we are spending 70+ in an attacking midfielder.😭😭
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #123: Aug 28, 2017 10:24:18 pm
      This one sounds all too familiar now, moving on...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #124: Aug 28, 2017 10:24:25 pm
      Mick, if we can add players of the calibre of VVD,Lemar,Kieta with 1 or 2 more to compliment this team with a zero net spend then that can't be a bad thing can it?.

The owners know that Klopp is no Rodgers and won't settle for 2nd 3rd targets, he wants his primary targets or no one.

If you're going to drag in BR, he signed Coutinho, at Xmas, for next to nothing, and if sold would be the highest transfer fee for any player in/out of the PL in history. Diamond in the rough and all that jazz.  That wasn't bad.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #125: Aug 28, 2017 10:24:57 pm
      Like the look of Lemar, sadly he is Phil's replacement. 😭😭

if phil doesnt want to play here then good riddance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #126: Aug 28, 2017 10:28:35 pm
      If you're going to drag in BR, he signed Coutinho, at Xmas, for next to nothing, and if sold would be the highest transfer fee for any player in/out of the PL in history. Diamond in the rough and all that jazz.  That wasn't bad.

Thanks to Rafa ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #127: Aug 28, 2017 10:39:46 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #128: Aug 28, 2017 10:45:03 pm
      Really? After todays deal this is what your saying? Some people will gripe about anything.

"Todays deal" is for a player who will be able to play for us NEXT season, you do realise that don't you? No doubt we'll be paying the majority of the fee NEXT season too. If we sell Sakho, Markovic etc (not even mentioning Coutinho for a moment) we'll end up with another negative NET spend. That may to you seem like we're going "all out", but forgive me if I'm not myself getting the bunting out.

Had you said at the start of the transfer window that we would be signing Andy Roberton, Salah and a kid nobody had heard of, while recouping the fees via sales (and possibly losing our best player into the process) but we'd be getting a player in for NEXT season, there wouldn't have been many takers for the "buy a bag of bunting" special offer.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #129: Aug 28, 2017 10:45:31 pm
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #130: Aug 28, 2017 10:50:34 pm
      if phil doesnt want to play here then good riddance.

This. What a piss ant for having the nerve to train with Brazil after missing training with us for a month. Can't wait to hear his excuse trying to weasel out of this one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #131: Aug 28, 2017 10:51:51 pm

Right. I guess Rafa also signed Dembele for Celtic. Was probably him on the grassy knoll too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #132: Aug 28, 2017 10:54:01 pm
      Right. I guess Rafa also signed Dembele for Celtic. Was probably him on the grassy knoll too.

Yeah he's serious, because it's true:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-liverpool-rafa-benitez-thank-philippe-coutinho-110283

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"I said to the scout: 'Coutinho becomes our priority' because we were looking for a wide player to replace Dirk Kuyt. He [Coutinho] was not available because they transferred him to Espanyol [on loan] later on.

"We didn't even know he was that good - it was difficult to watch him play because he was never playing at Inter. We knew about him, we knew he was good, but it was only when Rafa said he's going to be world-class. When somebody like Rafa says a thing about a player like this, you listen.

"The head of recruitment said he was the best we could get. But I was sacked, then Kenny [Dalglish] was sacked."
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #133: Aug 28, 2017 10:57:15 pm
      Was probably him on the grassy knoll too.

He was only 3.5yrs old.......but F**k it yeh, why not?

Rafa assassinated JFK.......you heard it here first!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #134: Aug 28, 2017 10:58:02 pm
      He was only 3.5yrs old.......but f**k it yeh, why not?

Rafa assassinated JFK.......you heard it here first!

Zonal marked the F**k out of him...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,164 posts | 1093 
      Reply #135: Aug 28, 2017 11:00:00 pm
      "Todays deal" is for a player who will be able to play for us NEXT season, you do realise that don't you? No doubt we'll be paying the majority of the fee NEXT season too. If we sell Sakho, Markovic etc (not even mentioning Coutinho for a moment) we'll end up with another negative NET spend. That may to you seem like we're going "all out", but forgive me if I'm not myself getting the bunting out.

Had you said at the start of the transfer window that we would be signing Andy Roberton, Salah and a kid nobody had heard of, while recouping the fees via sales (and possibly losing our best player into the process) but we'd be getting a player in for NEXT season, there wouldn't have been many takers for the "buy a bag of bunting" special offer.

I see your point, but what I am saying is this day has certainly been a win for us. It shows that FSG are making smart deals with the time they have left. I don't understand the idea of poopooing the notion that the club are blowing it before they have actually "blown it". Especially after they have thrown us a curveball and made the best deal POSSIBLE for our # 1 target. If things with Phil had shaken out differently than maybe we would have jumped on Lemar sooner. However, hindsight is 20/20 and sometimes you have to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. The club is bidding high on the kid, that right there show us they have learned their lesson from earlier in the window. If the numbers reported are true than we aren't disrespecting Monaco with a bull crap offer. Today is a good day for the club, and the club is trying to make it better. You wont hear me complain.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,615 posts | 2159 
      Reply #136: Aug 28, 2017 11:01:38 pm
      Looking very much like Lemar in Coutinho out isn't it. To be honest I don't really see much point keeping the Brazilian, he is obviously desperate to go and I'd question his commitment and attitude moving forward if he stays. If he comes I am sure Lamar can be a player as a winger but I'm certain Coutinho was being ear marked for a central midfield role this season so a centre mid is essential surely? Still being linked to Sanches, I'd be hopeful of getting that one across the line, the kid is a huge talent.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #137: Aug 28, 2017 11:01:43 pm
      Zonal marked the f**k out of him...

I watched the Oliver Stone movie recently.

At the bit they talked about assassinating him using a "triangulation of gunfire" I thought - "f**k the Navy Seals or the CIA - get Rafa down to Edwards Air Force base for 2 weeks with them on the training ground and get this sh*t done!"

Quick Reply