Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99115 times
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #759: Jan 07, 2018 04:20:13 pm
      There will come a time when we will only sign these players we agree a sell on clause to Barcelona after 3 years.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #760: Jan 07, 2018 05:32:40 pm
      Because they are a midtable club with no intentions of winning sh*t in the near future.. I'd like to think that a club with some ambition would keep one of their best players when they compete for two trophies and top 4.

Depends if that player refuses to play and risks destabilising the team or is that not a factor for you?
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #761: Jan 07, 2018 06:19:15 pm
      Because they are a midtable club with no intentions of winning sh*t in the near future.. I'd like to think that a club with some ambition would keep one of their best players when they compete for two trophies and top 4.

Sounds familiar
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #762: Jan 07, 2018 11:48:20 pm
      Someone needs to pass a bong around this thread or something. It's going to be OK everybody. Alright?

Would LOVE to get Lemar, even though I think he's off the boil a bit this season (from what I'm reading. I watched him more last spring.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #763: Jan 08, 2018 12:00:48 am
      Wouldn't surprise me to see nobody arrive in afterwards.
      Big Virgil in. Coutinho out.

With you.

If we're sinking to the cringe levels of asking Barcelona to loan us him back for the rest of the season it's very telling of how far down we are the line of bringing any sort of replacement in.

Liverpool, that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #764: Jan 08, 2018 12:10:48 am
      Believe any negative story/rumour but don't believe any positive story/rumour. Welcome to our world
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #765: Jan 08, 2018 01:27:52 am
      Are there any reliable reports linking us with him?

All the articles I found are based on the premise that, since there was interest in th summer, there has to be interest now, but nothing more. Last thing with a quote I read was their coach saying that they donā€™t want to sell their top players in this window.

Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #766: Jan 08, 2018 08:54:32 am
      Are there any reliable reports linking us with him?

All the articles I found are based on the premise that, since there was interest in th summer, there has to be interest now, but nothing more. Last thing with a quote I read was their coach saying that they donā€™t want to sell their top players in this window.

no because it is not happening, Monaco have already said they wont sell stars in January, and who can blame them it is crazy to do so.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #767: Jan 08, 2018 10:24:41 am
      No elite level club (or clubs with ambition to be in the elite) sell their best players in January.

Making life incredibly difficult for Klopp.
      You can see the reports coming out now from Monaco and Red Bull saying Lemar & Keita won't be moving before the summer.
      Wouldn't be surprised if that's floated by the club at the end of the window, when no replacement for Coutinho arrives.

We wondered at the time why AOC was signed in the summer when it was argued he was keeping the likes of Woodburn out
      of the squad. Seems to me AOC, VVD & Keita are all from the Coutinho money.

Wouldn't surprise me to see nobody arrive in afterwards.
      Big Virgil in. Coutinho out.

Again we see Amercian ownership as the Era of Compromise.
      Finally address the weakest area of the squad,
      lose the teams best player in the process.

So the cycle continues.

Yeah looks like it.

It's a false economy as well, as FSG will find out if we go into next season without CL football.
      At the end of the day, all they are saving is Coutinho's wages for 6 months, since Barca would have paid basically the same for a deal where he didn't go til the summer.

I'l be happy to be proved wrong if we go out and sign a serious replacement. It might still happen. However its more likely FSG think they already signed his replacement last summer - AOC.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #768: Jan 08, 2018 11:47:13 am

Why do you even follow this club, assuming you actually do, are you perhaps some sort of masochist, do you ever derive any pleasure from watching LFC or are you just seeking out the cloud in every silver lining?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #769: Jan 08, 2018 11:48:29 am
      With you.

If we're sinking to the cringe levels of asking Barcelona to loan us him back for the rest of the season it's very telling of how far down we are the line of bringing any sort of replacement in.

Liverpool, that.

Why is that cringe, seems very sensible to me?  Barca get their player but we get to play him for the rest of the season, kind of like Keita at RedBull.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #770: Jan 08, 2018 01:04:52 pm
      Why is that cringe, seems very sensible to me?  Barca get their player but we get to play him for the rest of the season, kind of like Keita at RedBull.

It is cringe because we've allowed coutinho to go with no replacement lined up, and decent club would've refused to even entertain the idea of selling without having a replacement, we desperately asked the to loan him back, they refused and we still sold him, it was all meant to be on OUR terms yet we sold him on their terms.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #771: Jan 08, 2018 01:42:14 pm
      It is cringe because we've allowed coutinho to go with no replacement lined up, and decent club would've refused to even entertain the idea of selling without having a replacement, we desperately asked the to loan him back, they refused and we still sold him, it was all meant to be on OUR terms yet we sold him on their terms.

Daily Fail reports we asked to loan him back, no credible journo linked to the club has reported any such thing.

And besides what's wrong with a loan back. We bought Keita, Grujic and Origi similarly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #772: Jan 08, 2018 02:27:29 pm

Oh for F**k sake, what part of the player didn't want to play for us any more and the manager wanted rid of him are you struggling with?
      Do you honestly think it would be better to keep a player against his will that you can't play and who will create disharmony in the dressing room than it is to get Ā£146m for him with most of January to find a replacement OR if none are available build up a huge warchest for the summer and meanwhile put one of the 2-3 other players we have available into that position, yes maybe not quite as good, but more than capable of filling in.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #773: Jan 08, 2018 02:46:22 pm
      Reached the point where I need to avoid the Transfer boards and just stick to watching the team we have. I am sure I will hear about any actual moves in or out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #774: Jan 08, 2018 03:52:25 pm

Oh quit the f**king show you sad repetitive violin solo.

He didn't want to be here. He's gone. Get over it. Move on. Realise there is a tomorrow and just stop your bleating and F***ing wheesht.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 03:56:26 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #775: Jan 08, 2018 03:53:42 pm
      I wonder how people would have reacted if we had announce VVD after the coutinho deal 
      Kopite78
      Reply #776: Jan 08, 2018 03:59:02 pm
      I wonder how people would have reacted if we had announce VVD after the coutinho deal

I was saying to a mate earlier that i think they didn't quite get this right from a pr point of view

Not that i think it would have softened the blow or taken away the sell to buy calls but in the  sense I feel the fantastic, truly great signing we have made has been slightly lost in the fume of Coutinho going.

It's such a good signing and alot  of fans are looking past it currently
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #777: Jan 08, 2018 04:10:28 pm

I guess it wouldn't have mattered because we would have definitely fumed at the sale rather than celebrate the signing. Case in point being the purchase of Suarez as we went from discussing the Torres/Suarez partnership to abusing Torres (and forgetting the signing) within a couple of days (although, if I am not wrong, the sale and the purchase happened on the same day)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #778: Jan 08, 2018 04:10:35 pm
      Oh quit the f**king show you sad repetitive violin solo.

He didn't want to be here. He's gone. Get over it. Move on. Realise there is a tomorrow and just stop your bleating and f**king wheesht.

Plus just for wheesht.

One of those epic Scottish words like ā€œdreichā€ that are just perfect.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #779: Jan 08, 2018 04:16:40 pm

Would probably cost us in the region of 100m if we sold Coutinho first!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #780: Jan 08, 2018 04:16:40 pm
      Daily Fail reports we asked to loan him back, no credible journo linked to the club has reported any such thing.

And besides what's wrong with a loan back. We bought Keita, Grujic and Origi similarly.

Hello naby !!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #781: Jan 08, 2018 04:38:44 pm

I was saying to a mate earlier that i think they didn't quite get this right from a pr point of view

Not that i think it would have softened the blow or taken away the sell to buy calls but in the  sense I feel the fantastic, truly great signing we have made has been slightly lost in the fume of Coutinho going.

It's such a good signing and alot  of fans are looking past it currently

Plus it might've made any potential selling clubs think we only have 65 mil in the coffers and not 140 because you just know they'll smell a payday when we come along.

Quick Reply