Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99073 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #23: Aug 28, 2017 01:26:59 pm
      Very exciting news as long as this isñt an indication of Coutinho's imminent departure (which at this late stage Would be a desastre).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24: Aug 28, 2017 01:29:30 pm
      Very exciting news as long as this isñt an indication of Coutinho's imminent departure (which at this late stage Would be a desastre).

I have a sneaky feeling we have privately agreed to sell to Barca, but only if we can find a couple of replacements, and by keeping things hush, the prices on players we are targeting won't be driven up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25: Aug 28, 2017 01:37:46 pm
      I have a sneaky feeling we have privately agreed to sell to Barca, but only if we can find a couple of replacements, and by keeping things hush, the prices on players we are targeting won't be driven up.

Sounds the most plausible reasoning that
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: Aug 28, 2017 01:38:09 pm
      Does anyone know how much Arsenal's bid (which was rejected) was for?

Articles say he can play central midfield, but whenever I've seen him he's been used in the front line. Would he only play as a #8? Could he be used in a box-to-box role?

We all like a good highlight reel, but watch the Monaco vs. Juventus CL semifinal from last season. Not as inspiring.

Divock could probably do with a loan or straight transfer out. From the looks of the start of the season, he may not be getting too many games, although we haven't really hit the fixture congestion yet. He probably needs to be a first-choice striker somewhere, and it's not going to be here this season. He has a World Cup goal at the end of the season like a few others (despite his lack of playing time,he was called up by Belgium for this week's matches).

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #27: Aug 28, 2017 01:38:45 pm
      That's my thinking as well.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28: Aug 28, 2017 01:41:11 pm
      never going to happen lets accept the fact folks and not put ourselves through it all over again
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Aug 28, 2017 01:41:31 pm
      I remember being impressed with him when I watched him live, and discussing with friends who were also there that he might do very well in a more central position. He seems to have the skill set and the passing range. That said, I think he was always on the left when I've watched him, although he does move quite a lot around the pitch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Aug 28, 2017 01:44:08 pm
      Pictures of him and Mbappe reporting for International duty, so if he was supposed to be in Liverpool for a medical today, not sure how that would happen. Didn't someone say the deal had to be completed before he's reported for International Duty....well....he's reported.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #31: Aug 28, 2017 01:45:06 pm

Yeah I wouldn't put it past our owners. Also, if we were to keep Coutinho, then it would seem a bit excessive to go out and sign a left winger for a club record fee given we already have a terrific set of attackers and bigger priorities at CB and CM.

Not that I would be against seeing him line up alongside Mane, Salah, Firmino and Coutinho...
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #32: Aug 28, 2017 01:45:07 pm
      Must admit, I've never heard of him.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #33: Aug 28, 2017 01:48:14 pm
      Yeah I wouldn't put it past our owners. Also, if we were to keep Coutinho, then it would seem a bit excessive to go out and sign a left winger for a club record fee given we already have a terrific set of attackers and bigger priorities at CB and CM.

Not that I would be against seeing him line up alongside Mane, Salah, Firmino and Coutinho...

He can and has played centrally before so maybe he is the midfielder that we are looking to sign before the window. Should not have any impact on our stand on Coutinho.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Aug 28, 2017 01:54:47 pm
      Pictures of him and Mbappe reporting for International duty, so if he was supposed to be in Liverpool for a medical today, not sure how that would happen. Didn't someone say the deal had to be completed before he's reported for International Duty....well....he's reported.

In Reddy's article, says Deschamps told players to have any moves sorted by the time France training camp opens (today).

I'm sure for a small personal fee the manager can reconsider.  :)

Just not sure about this one, although it does appear we have made a bid.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35: Aug 28, 2017 01:57:01 pm
      I remember being impressed with him when I watched him live, and discussing with friends who were also there that he might do very well in a more central position. He seems to have the skill set and the passing range. That said, I think he was always on the left when I've watched him, although he does move quite a lot around the pitch.

I don't doubt he could play just behind the front line, but do you think he could play box to box? If we're keeping Phil, it's more that complete center mid role we need to strengthen.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #36: Aug 28, 2017 02:07:12 pm

Yeah I agree, that's what it looks like.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37: Aug 28, 2017 02:09:51 pm
      I don't doubt he could play just behind the front line, but do you think he could play box to box? If we're keeping Phil, it's more that complete center mid role we need to strengthen.

I wonder if having Lallana/Coutinho in the side would have klopp play two #6's or a #6 and #8 behind the #10 rather than, #6, #8 and #8? So If Lemar does come in, would we see him in the #10 role with our other 2 midfielders more deeper than usual?
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 28, 2017 02:16:14 pm
      Just popped up on my phone that we have just made a improved bid of 70m euro.  Source was the telegraph. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39: Aug 28, 2017 02:16:53 pm
      Where does he get into the team? Only remember watching him a couple of times for Monaco in the CL and he was playing out left.

Looked a good player though.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #40: Aug 28, 2017 02:17:34 pm
      Deschamps allowing medicals at the camp apparently if any photos are needed it is of our club doctor.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #41: Aug 28, 2017 02:30:44 pm
      PR wankers FSG, taking the attention away from the Arsenal spanking.. ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Aug 28, 2017 02:58:17 pm

No, I don't think he can do box to box, probably doesn't have the defensive skills for that. A deeper central midfielder role maybe, but not someone to be too actively involved in defending. That said, I haven't really seen much of him in the French league, only in the UCL... he might have played like that on certain occasions, I have no idea
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Aug 28, 2017 03:06:49 pm
      No, I don't think he can do box to box, probably doesn't have the defensive skills for that. A deeper central midfielder role maybe, but not someone to be too actively involved in defending. That said, I haven't really seen much of him in the French league, only in the UCL... he might have played like that on certain occasions, I have no idea

Right. I wouldn't see him as being terribly involved in defending deep either. Understanding that there will be some normal rotation, if our first choice #6/d-mid player is Henderson, then I see either Can or Gini as the box-to-box player and Phil as the attacking mid.

So if Phil is leaving then Lemar might fit here (sharing the role with Lallana), but with Keita coming next season, well it starts to look a little crowded. That's not a complaint, if we can bring in side-improving quality of course we should. Keep in mind Can hasn't signed a deal yet, and while Hendo and Gini were both better yesterday, it's not as if you can't imagine improving on either.

We'll see what the next few days bring, I guess.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Aug 28, 2017 04:09:43 pm
      never going to happen lets accept the fact folks and not put ourselves through it all over again

In the same way as Keita wouldn't happen?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2017 04:11:50 pm
      Where does he get into the team? Only remember watching him a couple of times for Monaco in the CL and he was playing out left.

Looked a good player though.

I thought we all wanted to strengthen the squad, long season etc etc, No?

Quick Reply