Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99062 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #92: Aug 28, 2017 08:18:52 pm
      So VvD, Keita, Lemar and now rumours we might join the race for Sanchez if Coutinho goes, oh just chuck in the Ox as a 2 for 1 too because he apparently has his heart set on LFC!!

This window just got extremely interesting again.

Where you got the OX but From mate? Is it after Chelsea have agreed a fee for him?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #93: Aug 28, 2017 08:22:36 pm
      Where you got the OX but From mate? Is it after Chelsea have agreed a fee for him?

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/902245882283925504

The one and only Jim White mate! :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Aug 28, 2017 08:24:53 pm
      So VvD, Keita, Lemar and now rumours we might join the race for Sanchez if Coutinho goes, oh just chuck in the Ox as a 2 for 1 too because he apparently has his heart set on LFC!!

This window just got extremely interesting again.

One thing I found a bit interesting during the game yesterday was Sanchez looking around the stadium and smiling, was that a can't wait to play for these people smile or a rueful why didn't I sign for Liverpool rather than Arsenal a few years ago smile.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #95: Aug 28, 2017 08:26:54 pm
      Is he a winger or a central midfielder?

Who does he play like?

Is he strong because hes an absolute dwarf at 5"7

Ahem, I'm 5'7" and nothing like a dwarf!
      Now those under 5'6" on the other hand......
      On a serious note, who cares how tall he is. Look at N'kante or Makelele, hardly strapping six-footers and truely world class.
      Kopite78
      Reply #96: Aug 28, 2017 08:46:07 pm
      One thing I found a bit interesting during the game yesterday was Sanchez looking around the stadium and smiling, was that a can't wait to play for these people smile or a rueful why didn't I sign for Liverpool rather than Arsenal a few years ago smile.

I sit not too far behind that mate... He was smiling because the lad sat right behind him was giving him 'banter' he was smiling along to it..

Oh that blert  :D

Cheers mate.. Stil no real talk of us being in for him though..
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #97: Aug 28, 2017 08:53:46 pm

Tbh mate, those shots of him smiling during games, mainly when Arsenal are in trouble, (there have been a few) have put me right off Sanchez. If we had the money to buy him, personally I'd go for someone else.
      Him and his bright lights wife can go F**k themselves.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #98: Aug 28, 2017 08:55:52 pm
      Tbh mate, those shots of him smiling during games, mainly when Arsenal are in trouble, (there have been a few) have put me right off Sanchez. If we had the money to buy him, personally I'd go for someone else.
      Him and his bright lights wife can go f**k themselves.

Yeah...he was just smirking the whole time they were getting crushed...not one you'd want to be stuck in a foxhole with.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #99: Aug 28, 2017 08:56:58 pm
      Don't know much about Lemar apart from what I've (just) read, but sounds like a Mane or a Salah, a goalscoring winger type.
      Doesn't sound like a central midfielder, or out-and-out striker, either of which I'd prefer tbh.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #100: Aug 28, 2017 08:58:17 pm
      Bryan Swanson‏
      @skysports_bryan

We're told Monaco reject two bids from Liverpool for Thomas Lemar. Latest offer around €70m (£64.8m). Monaco want Lemar to stay. #LFC #SSN

Other reports suggesting Monaco want closer to €92 million. Get an improved bid in ASAP.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #101: Aug 28, 2017 08:59:50 pm
      Yeah...he was just smirking the whole time they were getting crushed...not one you'd want to be stuck in a foxhole with.

I think he's a brilliant player but that also puts me off. He's a part of that team and he's therefore contributing to what's wrong at that club and he acts like he's above them all.

Think he would be a perfect fit for our team though and would jump at the chance to have him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #102: Aug 28, 2017 09:03:30 pm
      Interesting in all this is that there's nothing from Monaco......which is a distance away from "F**k off, stick your offer up your arse and don't darken our door ever again......"

Straws? Clutching? Hell yeah 😃
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #103: Aug 28, 2017 09:04:51 pm
      Offer them 70m plus Origi either on loan or permanently and get it done.

Lets push hard here and really send out a message.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #104: Aug 28, 2017 09:06:46 pm
      Bryan Swanson‏
      @skysports_bryan

We're told Monaco reject two bids from Liverpool for Thomas Lemar. Latest offer around €70m (£64.8m). Monaco want Lemar to stay. #LFC #SSN

Other reports suggesting Monaco want closer to €92 million. Get an improved bid in ASAP.

That's like £80M, no way we will or should we pay that.

Go to £70M + Origi and if not then just offer Arse £40M.

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #105: Aug 28, 2017 09:08:27 pm
      Interesting in all this is that there's nothing from Monaco......which is a distance away from "F**k off, stick your offer up your arse and don't darken our door ever again......"

Straws? Clutching? Hell yeah 😃

They've just rejected our bid of £64.8M according to SSN.

But it says rejected 2 bids, so was the first £64.8 and the second including a happy meal AND toy?  :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #106: Aug 28, 2017 09:13:25 pm
      Vital? Did you see yesterday's match!?

I am talking in a longer context.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #107: Aug 28, 2017 09:34:23 pm
      They've just rejected our bid of £64.8M according to SSN.

But it says rejected 2 bids, so was the first £64.8 and the second including a happy meal AND toy?  :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:

First was £55 million. Second was £65 million. They're probably going to have to put another ten on top of that to get close. Be worth doing just to rub Arsenal's nose in it even more.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #108: Aug 28, 2017 09:39:53 pm
      First was £55 million. Second was £65 million. They're probably going to have to put another ten on top of that to get close. Be worth doing just to rub Arsenal's nose in it even more.

Agreed mate. I would include Origi in the deal ... time to make a real statement for this season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #109: Aug 28, 2017 09:51:11 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #110: Aug 28, 2017 09:53:55 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #111: Aug 28, 2017 09:55:27 pm

Surely we aren't so daft as to submit 3 bids for a player who isn't for sale.....  right ???

Shifting gears -- might Monaco have any interest in a French CB?  We've got one to spare, and he's not got an ounce of fat on him!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #112: Aug 28, 2017 09:56:52 pm
      Surely we aren't so daft as to submit 3 bids for a player who isn't for sale.....  right ???

Monaco can always be tempted by the look of it though. They've let a couple of players go who were key to them and they are on the brink of losing Mbappe too. The right offer, they will sell.
      Not forgetting they loaned out Falcao for 2 years, who loans out a player of that calibre?! (First time round when he went to the Mancs anyway) after paying so much for him?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #113: Aug 28, 2017 09:59:13 pm
      Here we go again. I can see the "we tried but couldn't quite get it over the line" looming on the horizon as we speak. Why didn't we "try" three months ago then? Might have been able to get it done.

Looks increasingly like we'll end up with a NET spend of the best part of bugger all once Sakho and Markovic have gone, good luck Jürgen.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #114: Aug 28, 2017 09:59:55 pm

How about Origi+Ings+a packet of chocolate fingers.
      Can't see Monaco sell anyone else if they want to be able to field a team.
      70mill?!
      This one seems a bit bonkers.

Quick Reply