Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99982 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #414: Aug 31, 2017 09:38:01 am
      How confident are you of this statement, have you placed a bet on Coutinho going? It seems that you and others have some inside knowledge that the owners are happy to look like complete tw*ts for saying every single day that he is not for sale and then sell him.
      I really don't think they will sell him now and I kind of have a gut feeling that Phil maybe no longer wants to leave.
      Which part of it?  If we sign VVD & Lemar, I'd be AMAZED if he stays.  Sign 1 at £70M and I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if he stays.  Sign no-one else and I think it's 50/50 but were he to go on this basis, there'd be a lot of unrest amongst the fans. 

Don't think it's a case of looking complete tw#ts for FSG, as they can ultimately say price too good to turn down, replacements sorted (Keita, Ox, maybe Lemar), player adamant he didn't want to stay, blah, blah and don't think it would be difficult to spin that their hand was forced and the deal was best for all parties.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #415: Aug 31, 2017 10:14:37 am
      Which part of it?  If we sign VVD & Lemar, I'd be AMAZED if he stays.  Sign 1 at £70M and I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if he stays.  Sign no-one else and I think it's 50/50 but were he to go on this basis, there'd be a lot of unrest amongst the fans. 

Don't think it's a case of looking complete tw#ts for FSG, as they can ultimately say price too good to turn down, replacements sorted (Keita, Ox, maybe Lemar), player adamant he didn't want to stay, blah, blah and don't think it would be difficult to spin that their hand was forced and the deal was best for all parties.

I agree that if they get both VVD and Lemar today then they can probably justify selling Coutinho for a very big price but otherwise I just can't see how they could sell that to the fans, another year of transfer profit, no way.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #416: Aug 31, 2017 10:45:10 am
      Get VVD and Lemar, then ask Couts if he wants to be part of the revolution, or play reserve team footy for the next 4 seasons.
      And stick to it !
      Win a few trophies and he'll want to stay.
      I, like many others see Barca as a sinking ship now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #417: Aug 31, 2017 11:40:57 am
      Twitter less positive today than last night.......

Yeah, nonsstop ebbs and flows and I really haven't seen anything reported beyond "they're talking" with the odd reporter's opinion tossed in about "likely" or "not likely" and no explanation or sourcing for said opinion.

I think all we really know is that we want the player and that he's going to be expensive for us to get.
      Kopite78
      Reply #418: Aug 31, 2017 11:44:25 am
      Yeah, nonsstop ebbs and flows and I really haven't seen anything reported beyond "they're talking" with the odd reporter's opinion tossed in about "likely" or "not likely" and no explanation or sourcing for said opinion.

I think all we really know is that we want the player and that he's going to be expensive for us to get.

With this one I guess we are still working on it, the fact it's not been said it's off means they must still be trying. He must have a medical yesterday. If that hadn't happened then any potential deal would be called dead by now. And if he did hints at Monacos willingness to talk

It's less than likely I'd say but not dead
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Reply #419: Aug 31, 2017 01:25:52 pm
      Guillem Balague‏Verified account @GuillemBalague  4m4 minutes ago
      More
       Alexis close to sign for City for £55 + £5. Arsenal asked for few hours to sign Thomas Lemar, which they confident they are going to do
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #420: Aug 31, 2017 01:29:16 pm
      Guillem Balague‏Verified account @GuillemBalague  4m4 minutes ago
      More
       Alexis close to sign for City for £55 + £5. Arsenal asked for few hours to sign Thomas Lemar, which they confident they are going to do

:lmao:

Yea sure they are.
      Kopite78
      Reply #421: Aug 31, 2017 01:31:37 pm

Why Not? They have been linked with him longer than we have
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Reply #422: Aug 31, 2017 01:32:21 pm
      Would be brilliant if they lose Alexis, but we get Lemar :) :) :) But hope Alexis wont be sold..It will hurt him, to be beaten by Liverpool second time in a month time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #423: Aug 31, 2017 01:34:49 pm
      Why Not? They have been linked with him longer than we have
      Because we are being told €100m and you think Arsenal are going to pay that? Fair play if they do but I highly doubt they will put in a bid that high. Not to mention all the reports are that he wants to play for us. Why on earth, especially if he saw any of the game this weekend would he want to play for them over us? Why would he want to NOT play CL football?

If he's even considering playing for that shower, I don't want him here anyway. I may be critical of the Ox deal but he by all means appears to have sacrificed to come and play for Klopp. He wanted to play for us and that counts for something.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #424: Aug 31, 2017 01:35:00 pm
      Where is he going to play at City, they have a F***ing stacked midfield and attack.
      Kopite78
      Reply #425: Aug 31, 2017 01:37:34 pm
      Because we are being told €100m and you think Arsenal are going to pay that? Fair play if they do but I highly doubt they will put in a bid that high. Not to mention all the reports are that he wants to play for us. Why on earth, especially if he saw any of the game this weekend would he want to play for them over us? Why would he want to NOT play CL football?

If he's even considering playing for that shower, I don't want him here anyway. I may be critical of the Ox deal but he by all means appears to have sacrificed to come and play for Klopp. He wanted to play for us and that counts for something.

I think they will pay what's needed simply due to the fact they need something to appease the fans, especially if Sanchez goes.

He may want to play for us, but if we don't agree a deal and he wants to move......
      I'm sure I read earlier in the summer he was up  for moving to them anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #426: Aug 31, 2017 01:37:46 pm

Maybe another skam to get us to rush into paying an even higher price 😳

Kopite78
      Reply #427: Aug 31, 2017 01:39:07 pm
      Maybe another skam to get us to rush into paying an even higher price 😳

What via a Spanish journo who's reporting on a different players move that has nothing to do with us?

That would be some tactic that
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #428: Aug 31, 2017 01:54:44 pm
      I think they will pay what's needed simply due to the fact they need something to appease the fans, especially if Sanchez goes.

He may want to play for us, but if we don't agree a deal and he wants to move......
      I'm sure I read earlier in the summer he was up  for moving to them anyway.

Maybe, but I could certainly see us matching or surpassing any bid they make for him and if he's really said he wants to play for us (as being reported) then he'd have no reason to choose Arsenal. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen anyway...it's getting a little too late in the window for any more negotiating at this point, you  put your best offer up and hope they take it or walk away.
      Kopite78
      Reply #429: Aug 31, 2017 02:00:37 pm
      Maybe, but I could certainly see us matching or surpassing any bid they make for him and if he's really said he wants to play for us (as being reported) then he'd have no reason to choose Arsenal. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen anyway...it's getting a little too late in the window for any more negotiating at this point, you  put your best offer up and hope they take it or walk away.

If it's to happen today then it could happen right up to the deadline. All that will need agreeing is the fee.

I bet he's already agreed terms and had a medical
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #430: Aug 31, 2017 02:02:27 pm
      https://t.co/fLlFYCPdVY

Arsenal bid £90 million apparently.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Reply #431: Aug 31, 2017 02:09:42 pm
      Don't believe arsenal bid 90m...Why would Lemar go to uefa league?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #432: Aug 31, 2017 02:11:59 pm

Hope thats true .... lets see how much we want this lad. Bring him in and keep Coutinho and what a statement of ambition.

I have my doubts we will go that high though even though the money is there. Money for sahko due in as well.

Over to you fsg.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #433: Aug 31, 2017 02:14:20 pm
      Don't think we'll offer that much honestly.

But also don't think he'll go to Arsenal. Think he'll stay at Monaco for another year, it's not like they need the money.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #434: Aug 31, 2017 02:38:19 pm
      SSN reckon he's Arsenal bound.

If true, by buying the Ox we have triggered a bit of a domino allowing Sanchez to move to City and Lemar to Arsenal.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #435: Aug 31, 2017 02:39:58 pm
      SSN reckon he's Arsenal bound.

If true, by buying the Ox we have triggered a bit of a domino allowing Sanchez to move to City and Lemar to Arsenal.

If Cou is staying we don't need Lemar.

VVD is the only player we badly need.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #436: Aug 31, 2017 02:43:46 pm
      Says alot about him .... dropping down to europa league and to a shambles of a club losing its best players.

Nothing else incoming today. Time to switch the tv off.

We move on !!!

Quick Reply