Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99104 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #713: Jan 04, 2018 12:02:54 pm
      There are reports that are saying he chose us from many top English clubs. How reliable they are ??? I don't know but who knows!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #714: Jan 04, 2018 12:27:20 pm
      There are reports that are saying he chose us from many top English clubs. How reliable they are ??? I don't know but who knows!

Any links/tweets Clint?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #716: Jan 04, 2018 01:57:34 pm
      Because we are being told €100m and you think Arsenal are going to pay that? Fair play if they do but I highly doubt they will put in a bid that high. Not to mention all the reports are that he wants to play for us. Why on earth, especially if he saw any of the game this weekend would he want to play for them over us? Why would he want to NOT play CL football?

If he's even considering playing for that shower, I don't want him here anyway. I may be critical of the Ox deal but he by all means appears to have sacrificed to come and play for Klopp. He wanted to play for us and that counts for something.
      If they were to lose Ozil as well would they not have the money to do so...?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #717: Jan 04, 2018 02:34:18 pm
      If we are losing Coutinho, get him in now
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #718: Jan 04, 2018 02:41:17 pm
      If we are losing Coutinho, get him in now

But CL cup tied :( Are there any good deep lying creative midfielders around that aren't cup tied for CL?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #719: Jan 04, 2018 02:50:41 pm
      But CL cup tied :( Are there any good deep lying creative midfielders around that aren't cup tied for CL?

I'd still buy him regardless of his CL status, bed him in now & go full throttle next season.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #720: Jan 04, 2018 02:59:22 pm
      If they were to lose Ozil as well would they not have the money to do so...?

Both free to leave in the summer aren't they Sanchez and Ozil?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #721: Jan 04, 2018 03:10:38 pm
      it's not ideal, but league is more important than champions league. As long as he can play in the league then we rotate him in CL. It's best to tie it up before rivals g sniffing around.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #722: Jan 04, 2018 03:20:57 pm
      I'd still buy him regardless of his CL status, bed him in now & go full throttle next season.

it's not ideal, but league is more important than champions league. As long as he can play in the league then we rotate him in CL. It's best to tie it up before rivals g sniffing around.

I really think we can win CL if we have a player capable of creating from deep, but also a match winner helps too. How the f**k can we replace Coutinho this window? I just don't understand the logic in selling him now footballing wise. Only player I can think of that would improve us currently is, Sanchez, but I doubt he'd want to join us.

Watching Lemar a handful of times (3 or 4 times), despite being a damn good footballer and capable of helping control the middle, it seems to me he is best deployed as a runner who is more suited to playing direct.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #723: Jan 04, 2018 04:36:26 pm
      Found this, according to it Monaco are not keen on selling Lemar in this window (just copied the part that talks about Lemar from all the articles).

Monaco insist they won't be selling big names
      Monaco head coach Leonardo Jardim has ruled out selling any key players this month.

Brazilian defensive midfielder Fabinho is expected to leave in the summer and the attack-minded Thomas Lemar has been linked with several Premier League clubs.

The Ligue 1 outfit have allowed defender Terence Kongolo to join Huddersfield, and midfielder Soualiho Meite has left for Bordeaux, with both players leaving on loan.

But any big-money deals will have to wait, Jardim stressed on Friday, as he underlined his intention to keep the bulk of his squad together.

He said one of his young goalkeepers may be allowed to leave if the chance of first-team football comes up elsewhere, but when asked about other deals he dismissed the prospect of significant departures.

“We are not in the habit of doing major sales of players (in the winter transfer window),” Jardim said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-live-arsenal-manchester-liverpool-11782991

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #724: Jan 05, 2018 12:01:32 am
      Yes but both looking for an out now, Sanchez reportedly £55m to City only requires £45m for Ozil who is reportedly wanting to go to Man Utd... Would not be hard to get £45m in this window where ever he goes.... In Fact We (LFC) Should be making a bid for him. Way better than Lallana, real quality
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #725: Jan 05, 2018 01:34:38 am
      Yes but both looking for an out now, Sanchez reportedly £55m to City only requires £45m for Ozil who is reportedly wanting to go to Man Utd... Would not be hard to get £45m in this window where ever he goes.... In Fact We (LFC) Should be making a bid for him. Way better than Lallana, real quality

Sanchez yes, Ozil...the only way I take him over Lallana is if you guarantee me he's more healthy than Adam. Ozil won't press to save his life, that alone puts Adam ahead of him especially in Klopp's side.

Sanchez we should absolutely bid on and we should have done it yesterday, regardless of Coutinho leaving or not. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #726: Jan 05, 2018 03:24:30 am
      Would LOVE to get Sanchez.
      What a player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #727: Jan 05, 2018 10:15:49 am
      What a player.

I agree but would Arsenal sell him to us?
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #728: Jan 05, 2018 10:23:36 am

£40m + £1 😉
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #729: Jan 05, 2018 10:26:27 am

Sanchez yes, Ozil...the only way I take him over Lallana is if you guarantee me he's more healthy than Adam. Ozil won't press to save his life, that alone puts Adam ahead of him especially in Klopp's side.

Sanchez we should absolutely bid on and we should have done it yesterday, regardless of Coutinho leaving or not. 

What a player.

Don't see why not if we moved early enough for him

Talk was they would have sold to city in the  summer but felt their bid came too late for them  to find a replacement
      If we bid I  the first week or 10 days of January that wouldn't be there

Thing is, it's his final move, he may not feel it right for him if city are still there as he can guarentee win a league with them this year

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #730: Jan 05, 2018 11:02:50 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good point, might as well go the final step and change the title of the thread.

Or make a Sanchez thread and people might talk about Lemar in there.

For what it's worth I've said all I wanted to say on him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #731: Jan 06, 2018 05:13:38 am
      Found this, according to it Monaco are not keen on selling Lemar in this window (just copied the part that talks about Lemar from all the articles).

Monaco insist they won't be selling big names
      Monaco head coach Leonardo Jardim has ruled out selling any key players this month.

Brazilian defensive midfielder Fabinho is expected to leave in the summer and the attack-minded Thomas Lemar has been linked with several Premier League clubs.

The Ligue 1 outfit have allowed defender Terence Kongolo to join Huddersfield, and midfielder Soualiho Meite has left for Bordeaux, with both players leaving on loan.

But any big-money deals will have to wait, Jardim stressed on Friday, as he underlined his intention to keep the bulk of his squad together.

He said one of his young goalkeepers may be allowed to leave if the chance of first-team football comes up elsewhere, but when asked about other deals he dismissed the prospect of significant departures.

“We are not in the habit of doing major sales of players (in the winter transfer window),” Jardim said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-live-arsenal-manchester-liverpool-11782991

Get French Football‏
      @GFFN
      Breaking | AS Monaco "could be tempted" to sell Thomas Lemar this month, according to tomorrow's L'Équipe. Claims Arsenal will look to Lemar to replace Alexis Sanchez if the latter leaves.

@GFFN
      Monaco realise that Thomas Lemar has no intention of signing a contract extension, that his value will be greater now than in summer, and could open the door. Liverpool also attentive. (L'Équipe)
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #732: Jan 06, 2018 03:56:55 pm
      Get French Football‏
      @GFFN
      Breaking | AS Monaco "could be tempted" to sell Thomas Lemar this month, according to tomorrow's L'Équipe. Claims Arsenal will look to Lemar to replace Alexis Sanchez if the latter leaves.

@GFFN
      Monaco realise that Thomas Lemar has no intention of signing a contract extension, that his value will be greater now than in summer, and could open the door. Liverpool also attentive. (L'Équipe)

I’ll be surprised if he ends up at Arsenal to be honest. Since we apparently al,ost signed him in the summer and how it looks like Coutinho is gone looks to me that we’re going to get a deal for him first before allowing Coutinho to go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #733: Jan 06, 2018 04:47:52 pm
      I’ll be surprised if he ends up at Arsenal to be honest. Since we apparently al,ost signed him in the summer and how it looks like Coutinho is gone looks to me that we’re going to get a deal for him first before allowing Coutinho to go.

I just can't believe the club wouldn't ensure we've signed a replacement(s) prior to announcing Phil's departure.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #734: Jan 06, 2018 08:10:22 pm
      I just can't believe the club wouldn't ensure we've signed a replacement(s) prior to announcing Phil's departure.

Likely they jumped at the money - 146M is a huge sum, and weren't able to keep it out the press.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #735: Jan 06, 2018 08:15:41 pm
      Likely they jumped at the money - 146M is a huge sum, and weren't able to keep it out the press.

Weren't able to keep it off the Nike site.

Quick Reply