Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99877 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #782: Jan 08, 2018 06:16:54 pm
      Why is that cringe, seems very sensible to me?  Barca get their player but we get to play him for the rest of the season, kind of like Keita at RedBull.

Because if we wanted to keep him until  then maybe we shouldn't have sold him until then.

Just a thought.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #783: Jan 08, 2018 08:18:15 pm
      Oh for f**k sake, what part of the player didn't want to play for us any more and the manager wanted rid of him are you struggling with?
      Do you honestly think it would be better to keep a player against his will that you can't play and who will create disharmony in the dressing room than it is to get ÂŁ146m for him with most of January to find a replacement OR if none are available build up a huge warchest for the summer and meanwhile put one of the 2-3 other players we have available into that position, yes maybe not quite as good, but more than capable of filling in.

De gea wanted out of United, they kept him and look how that’s turned out, hazard wants out of Chelsea but they’ve not let him force a move.

Coutinho should not have been allowed to get his own way and force us to sell him
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #784: Jan 08, 2018 08:27:54 pm
      De gea wanted out of United, they kept him and look how that’s turned out, hazard wants out of Chelsea but they’ve not let him force a move.

Coutinho should not have been allowed to get his own way and force us to sell him

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #785: Jan 08, 2018 08:29:29 pm
      Kopite78
      Reply #786: Jan 08, 2018 08:30:17 pm

De Gea would have left if it wasn't for a fax error on transfer deadline day about 3 years ago. They've not come back for him

No one has bid for Hazard. Trust me if Madrid did he'd do the same and likely get the same result
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #787: Jan 08, 2018 08:37:02 pm
      De Gea would have left if it wasn't for a fax error on transfer deadline day about 3 years ago. They've not come back for him

No one has bid for Hazard. Trust me if Madrid did he'd do the same and likely get the same result

I find it strange why Real did not come back from him.
      Kopite78
      Reply #788: Jan 08, 2018 08:39:11 pm

Money Utd want would be my guess

They don't have bottomless pits of cash and I think they don't view a keeper as a galactico type signing.

They'd rather sign a Ronaldo or a Bale for that type of money than a keeper

A little bit of backwards thinking to an extent but they aren't exactly stretched most of the time in la liga and think an attacker type for that money will win more points and kudos with fans

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #789: Jan 08, 2018 09:30:49 pm
      Plus just for wheesht.

One of those epic Scottish words like “dreich” that are just perfect.
      Glaikit
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #790: Jan 08, 2018 09:40:00 pm
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #791: Jan 09, 2018 01:57:28 am

Lot of money for a keeper and they don’t really need one right now with Navas. Seems that they are going to sign Kepa from Athletic who seems is the future Spain goalkeeper. 
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #792: Jan 09, 2018 08:29:22 am
      I can see Sanchez going to City and Arsenal putting in a bid for Lemar to buy in the summer, all depends on if Wenger tries to undervalue him whether they get him.

We have our chance right now to wrap this deal up now or for the summer and weve so far done F**k all about it.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #793: Jan 09, 2018 08:31:52 am
      Read on twatter this morning that Monaco's chief exec has softened slightly in terms of "no chance" to "the month is long and many things happen"

To quote the nike bar stewards strapline - Just Do It
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #794: Jan 09, 2018 04:18:30 pm
      I'd be happy to do a similar deal to Keita,  paying a fee now to secure his services in the Summer. A good world cup and we're facing not only a price increase but also competition from Europe's Elite. Similarly, failure to secure Champions League Football for next season and we can kiss goodbye his interest. Obviously I want him in Jan but failing that, this would be the next best option.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #795: Jan 09, 2018 04:22:25 pm
      What if we weren't really in for Lemar? Sure seems like this is one of those with a lot of smoke and no fire.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #796: Jan 09, 2018 05:37:02 pm
      Read on twatter this morning that Monaco's chief exec has softened slightly in terms of "no chance" to "the month is long and many things happen"

To quote the nike bar stewards strapline - Just Do It
      i saw it carved into a potato so it's true.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #797: Jan 09, 2018 10:05:52 pm
      Looks like we are back in "aggressive monitoring" mode.

Well, to be fair, I added the aggressive part....the article just says we are monitoring....

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/arsenal-have-squarely-turned-their-attention-to-thomas-lemar/
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #798: Jan 09, 2018 10:36:19 pm

Well, to be fair, I added the aggressive part....the article just says we are monitoring....

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/arsenal-have-squarely-turned-their-attention-to-thomas-lemar/

Like I'm aggressively monitoring the transfer forum with multiple angry f5 key presses every hour.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #799: Jan 10, 2018 10:21:01 am
      I would assume that we demanded more for him, and got it,  if there was no temporary loan back.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #800: Jan 10, 2018 11:30:33 am
      Monaco 'lower' Thomas Lemar price - but Liverpool 'won't make a big offer

Arsenal are poised to pounce on the Monaco star

Monaco could be about to lower their asking price for Thomas Lemar, according to reports in France.

However, one Ligue 1 expert believes Liverpool still won't be enticed into making a bid this January.

The Reds remain interested in the French international, although indications are their efforts of bringing the player to Anfield would not be focused until the summer.

But RMC Sport now claim Monaco could change that stance, and will begin negotiations for the player at 70million euros - around ÂŁ61million - as Arsenal begin to position themselves as contenders for his signature.

The story claims the 22-year-old has been identified as the perfect replacement for Alexis Sanchez, who could move to Manchester City in January, six months before his contract expires at the Emirates.

However, journalist Loic Tanzi, works for both RMC Sport and SFR Sport, believes Monaco are open to selling their star man if they received a "big offer" - but that is likely not to come from Liverpool.

"He is their priority to replace Alexis Sanchez," he said. "Monaco are not totally against the idea of an offer this month, but it would have to be a very big offer.
      "I am told that Liverpool wouldn't make a big offer."

Liverpool are also exploring the possibility of bringing Naby Keita to Anfield six months before his agreed arrival as they look to fill the void left by Philippe Coutinho.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/monaco-lower-thomas-lemar-price-14134157

Doesn’t really make much sense, we’re interested in the player but won’t do business until the summer.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #801: Jan 10, 2018 11:37:51 am
      Monaco 'lower' Thomas Lemar price - but Liverpool 'won't make a big offer

Arsenal are poised to pounce on the Monaco star

Monaco could be about to lower their asking price for Thomas Lemar, according to reports in France.

However, one Ligue 1 expert believes Liverpool still won't be enticed into making a bid this January.

The Reds remain interested in the French international, although indications are their efforts of bringing the player to Anfield would not be focused until the summer.

But RMC Sport now claim Monaco could change that stance, and will begin negotiations for the player at 70million euros - around ÂŁ61million - as Arsenal begin to position themselves as contenders for his signature.

The story claims the 22-year-old has been identified as the perfect replacement for Alexis Sanchez, who could move to Manchester City in January, six months before his contract expires at the Emirates.

However, journalist Loic Tanzi, works for both RMC Sport and SFR Sport, believes Monaco are open to selling their star man if they received a "big offer" - but that is likely not to come from Liverpool.

"He is their priority to replace Alexis Sanchez," he said. "Monaco are not totally against the idea of an offer this month, but it would have to be a very big offer.
      "I am told that Liverpool wouldn't make a big offer."

Liverpool are also exploring the possibility of bringing Naby Keita to Anfield six months before his agreed arrival as they look to fill the void left by Philippe Coutinho.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/monaco-lower-thomas-lemar-price-14134157

Doesn’t really make much sense, we’re interested in the player but won’t do business until the summer.

Like I said in the previous thread, Lemar is not Klopp's first choice.

I think he will go out and try to sign Pulisic in the summer (his first choice target)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #802: Jan 10, 2018 11:41:37 am

We're definitely the best at monitoring in World football.

No one monitors quite like LFC.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #803: Jan 10, 2018 11:56:54 am
      Like I said in the previous thread, Lemar is not Klopp's first choice.

I think he will go out and try to sign Pulisic in the summer (his first choice target)

What makes you think Lemar isn't somebody he wants? Think a lot of people said that we did make a bid for him in late summer.
      there are other player I want rather then Lemar  but I think the interest is genuine.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #804: Jan 10, 2018 12:56:29 pm
      re the dissolution of the fab four, not many people know that Phils middle name was Pete and that Thomas Lemars middle name is Ringo..heheh ..F**k off.

Quick Reply