Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99120 times
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #805: Jan 10, 2018 01:24:42 pm
      cant wait for the inevitable deadline day transfer of Sanchez to City and Lemar to Arsenal  while we continue to monitior players,
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #806: Jan 10, 2018 01:46:24 pm
      We're definitely the best at monitoring in World football.

No one monitors quite like LFC.

LFC will monitor incessantly, to the point where the object of the intense scrutiny is pictured wearing a rival's shirt.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #807: Jan 10, 2018 02:21:19 pm
      What makes you think Lemar isn't somebody he wants? Think a lot of people said that we did make a bid for him in late summer.
      there are other player I want rather then Lemar  but I think the interest is genuine.

because Raphael Honigstein, who is a journalist and who happens to be good friends with Jürgen Klopp said in an interview that Jürgen is desperate to sign Pulisic, his top priority over Lemar. Interest in Lemar IS genuine but he isn't our first choice target.
      Kopite78
      Reply #808: Jan 10, 2018 02:28:27 pm
      because Raphael Honigstein, who is a journalist and who happens to be good friends with Jürgen Klopp said in an interview that Jürgen is desperate to sign Pulisic, his top priority over Lemar. Interest in Lemar IS genuine but he isn't our first choice target.

I heard Rafa Honigstein talking around November last year (just before his book launch) saying he didn't know Jürgen that well. Admired him from a distance
      That when he worked back home he didn't really cover where Jürgen had worked as he's a Bavarian
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #809: Jan 10, 2018 02:30:38 pm

Aha, didn't know about that. If I could choose then it would have been Nabil fekir. He has everything and reminds me a lot of rivaldo.
      I trust Jürgen whomever he brings in, and will add to the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #810: Jan 10, 2018 02:37:56 pm
      Pulisic would be perfect for FSG to market the hell out of as a young talented potential star of American soccer.

If he is our main target then it will be as someone who can step in when the main players need resting.

One for the future as they say.

Edit : Honigstein did say Pulisic is more likely in summer so we could still be looking at Lemar for this window.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #811: Jan 10, 2018 03:00:25 pm
      I heard Rafa Honigstein talking around November last year (just before his book launch) saying he didn't know Jürgen that well. Admired him from a distance
      That when he worked back home he didn't really cover where Jürgen had worked as he's a Bavarian

I guess he's german guilleme balague? He kind of remind me of him as Guilleme had a close connection to Rafa during his Liverpool days.

Pulisic would be perfect for FSG to market the hell out of as a young talented potential star of American soccer.

If he is our main target then it will be as someone who can step in when the main players need resting.

One for the future as they say.

Edit : Honigstein did say Pulisic is more likely in summer so we could still be looking at Lemar for this window.

Pulisic would walk into our XI, he is a very very good player. But he plays in the same position Salah plays in, so it would be interesting nevertheless. Klopp got him at Dortmund and now he wants him here.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #812: Jan 10, 2018 03:01:49 pm
      Pulisic would be sound. One for the future that could also play right now...he starts a lot of games for Dortmund I believe.  I still don't believe the Lemar hype at this point. I think if we Jürgen really wanted him, we'd have bid on him already...their owners have basically went from "he's not for sale" to "we lowered the price come get him" and still no movement from us...that makes me think that one is all smoke and no fire.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #813: Jan 10, 2018 03:26:22 pm
      I guess he's german guilleme balague? He kind of remind me of him as Guilleme had a close connection to Rafa during his Liverpool days.

Pulisic would walk into our XI, he is a very very good player. But he plays in the same position Salah plays in, so it would be interesting nevertheless. Klopp got him at Dortmund and now he wants him here.

I doubt he would walk into the team his output for an attacker in terms of goals and assists is not there yet which is understandable for a 19 year old.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #814: Jan 10, 2018 03:35:26 pm
      I doubt he would walk into the team his output for an attacker in terms of goals and assists is not there yet which is understandable for a 19 year old.

Coutinho at 21 with Inter 28 appearances and 3 goals a low output for an attacking midfielder, yet when we signed him he was a starter and showed why we signed him.

I think Pulisic would be the same, or he will rotate with Salah on the left hand side. He's a great dribbler, has the speed and  good at crossing. If he works on his defensive game he will be a future star.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #815: Jan 10, 2018 03:54:24 pm
      Coutinho at 21 with Inter 28 appearances and 3 goals a low output for an attacking midfielder, yet when we signed him he was a starter and showed why we signed him.

I think Pulisic would be the same, or he will rotate with Salah on the left hand side. He's a great dribbler, has the speed and  good at crossing. If he works on his defensive game he will be a future star.

I think our first team now esp up front is much stronger than when Coutinho arrived, cant argue he has a lot of ability and I can see why Klopp wants him but he would not be starting ahead of Salah or Mane at the moment.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #816: Jan 10, 2018 04:17:01 pm
      United switching their attention to Moura means Arsenal have the upper hand for Malcolm. Chelsea have signed Barkley.

We are probably the only club in the running for Lemar!The Echo Q&A piece on him was quite interesting and by the looks of it, would be a wonderful addition to our 11. I hope we make these 3 weeks count!!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #817: Jan 10, 2018 04:34:09 pm
      I think our first team now esp up front is much stronger than when Coutinho arrived, cant argue he has a lot of ability and I can see why Klopp wants him but he would not be starting ahead of Salah or Mane at the moment.

Yeh, you're right, I guess he would rotate with Salah and Mane who are at the moment better and more experienced players
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #818: Jan 11, 2018 04:49:34 am

He may want to move Mane to an attacking mid role, or to center forward and Bobby to attacking mid, or  Pulisic to attacking mid, but if he really wants Pulisic, Pulisic is starting most matches in the Bundesliga and Champions League for Dortmund, he is not going to come to us to be a backup. Makes me wonder what Klopp's long-term plan for Ox is as well.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #819: Jan 11, 2018 03:33:16 pm
      Get French Football‏
      @GFFN
      Follow Follow @GFFN
      More
      AS Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim in today's press conference on Thomas Lemar: "You know how crazy the transfer window is... a club like Monaco cannot say no."

They went from "There's no way he's leaving" to "take him he's yours" in like 4 days.

Your move Kloppo.......
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #820: Jan 11, 2018 07:29:49 pm
      I think if we were after Lemar something would’ve happened by now.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #821: Jan 13, 2018 09:54:32 am
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #822: Jan 14, 2018 01:11:14 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #823: Jan 14, 2018 11:50:59 pm
      Like I said in the previous thread, Lemar is not Klopp's first choice.

I think he will go out and try to sign Pulisic in the summer (his first choice target)

Where does this information come from ?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #824: Jan 15, 2018 01:56:21 am
      Where does this information come from ?

That and the fact they are two totally different players, ones a midfielder the other is a front 3...different skill sets and jobs on the pitch...reckon he like both of them...but I have heard we've been tracking Pulisic since the gaffer first got here and put a lot of work in behind the scenes the past 2 seasons with him and Dortmund.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #825: Jan 22, 2018 03:27:15 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #826: Jan 22, 2018 06:34:48 pm
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #827: Jan 22, 2018 07:13:00 pm

Got to love this club, apparently we’re ‘not convinced he wants to move this window’...well convince him! Reality is the money isn’t there Cou money has been spent on Ox and VVD

Quick Reply