Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99063 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #851: Apr 27, 2018 07:18:35 am
      Guess we'll go back in for him if the price is right. But purely based on this season, think we have other options at the prices quoted. Draxler to start with, might be much cheaper than Lemar.

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/977856368462897152

I would be super excited to sign Lemar. He is electric down the wing and it'll just pile more misery on opposition defences next season, as if they didn't have enough on their plate with our Fab 3 already!!

Adding Thomas and Keita would make our attacking waves relentless.

Loving where we're heading under Klopp.
      Kopite78
      Reply #852: Apr 27, 2018 07:25:26 am
      Where are the ā€˜f**k FSGā€™ crybabies demanding we pay 90million for this hype train now?

Maybe had we we wouldn't be one injury from disaster in the midfield 3/ forward 3

:confused-smiley-013:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #853: Apr 27, 2018 07:48:31 am
      Maybe had we we wouldn't be one injury from disaster in the midfield 3/ forward 3

:confused-smiley-013:

Youā€™re right, then our 90 million bench warmer would be handy
      Kopite78
      Reply #854: Apr 27, 2018 09:55:32 am
      Youā€™re right, then our 90 million bench warmer would be handy

Vital you could say
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #855: May 15, 2018 12:55:49 am
      The price slowly escalated because there was interest from both ourselves and the arse.
      Don't think Arse will be doing much any time soon. Also, a new manager might not think he fits in with his plans.  Could be with no competition the price will plummet.  ;D  Well, Wish full thinking .
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #856: May 15, 2018 12:36:22 pm
      This Lemar fella... what has he actually done to justify the price tag of Ā£70mil.  I know the transfer market has gone crazy but Ā£70mil.

Personally i think you offer Arsenal half the money for Ozil they would think about it.

Ozil is a flap. Only has a good game when he can be bothered. We want hungry players, not pre-madonnas with questionable political links. Don't need any of his baggage.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #857: May 18, 2018 10:18:29 pm
      Where are the ā€˜f**k FSGā€™ crybabies demanding we pay 90million for this hype train now?

You really are a big WUM arenā€™t you?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #858: May 19, 2018 12:05:37 am
      You really are a big WUM arenā€™t you?

I didn't hear an answer to my question.

Lemar still worth 90m?
      Kopite78
      Reply #859: May 19, 2018 07:51:14 am

Lemar still worth 90m?

Not to stoke a fire but I remember people saying was Virgil worth 75m

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #860: May 19, 2018 08:04:40 am

Lemar still worth 90m?

Iā€™ve never watched him play so Iā€™ve no idea and to be frank I donā€™t give sh*t, so long as the manager gets who he wants Iā€™m happy.

But jumping around into threads as you do baiting people is pure wummery.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #861: May 19, 2018 08:17:39 am

Lemar still worth 90m?
      i never thought he was worth 90m a year ago. 35m would be around his price tag.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #862: May 19, 2018 08:19:45 am

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Van Dijk had a lot more going for him. He is far more impressive than Lemar. Thankfully Klopp agreed. I know they're in different positions. Excellent defender beats possible talented forward.
      Kopite78
      Reply #863: May 19, 2018 09:27:08 am
      Van Dijk had a lot more going for him. He is far more impressive than Lemar. Thankfully Klopp agreed. I know they're in different positions. Excellent defender beats possible talented forward.

Nope

The question isn't the individual player..  the question is the price

If the player is right the price is fairly irrelevant nowadays

I personally am happy for the manager to just get who he wants.. we ultimately know very little in comparison to him

Again as I said I remember people saying we shouldn't pay 75m for Virgil..  you can deny it all you like

I remember you banging on for months that Chamberlain wasn't worth what we paid and that he is worth about 15m... no more.. We've been ripped off and he will flop

Footballers price now is far too difficult to put context to so I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about what you think player A or player B should be worth

If the manager wants a player and that's the player then in Klopps words

I don't care too much about the price

He may have no interest in Lemar.. but I imagine if he does and he's the difference maker next season he won't be hung up on the price too much.. just the player
      The price won't be the deciding factor
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 09:35:03 am by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #864: May 19, 2018 09:35:14 am
      Iā€™ll go against the head in this one and say yeh Iā€™d still love to have him here - I think he has enormous potential.

Instead of Fekir? As well as?

Dunno - but I certainly donā€™t feel the need to destroy him if we go another way. When he leaves Monaco someone has a helluva talent on their hands.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #865: May 19, 2018 10:07:18 am
      Nope

The question isn't the individual player..  the question is the price

If the player is right the price is fairly irrelevant nowadays

I personally am happy for the manager to just get who he wants.. we ultimately know very little in comparison to him

Again as I said I remember people saying we shouldn't pay 75m for Virgil..  you can deny it all you like

I remember you banging on for months that Chamberlain wasn't worth what we paid and that he is worth about 15m... no more.. We've been ripped off and he will flop

Footballers price now is far too difficult to put context to so I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about what you think player A or player B should be worth

If the manager wants a player and that's the player then in Klopps words

I don't care too much about the price

He may have no interest in Lemar.. but I imagine if he does and he's the difference maker next season he won't be hung up on the price too much.. just the player
      The price won't be the deciding factor
      Price is loosely connected. We thought we were going to get a reasonable forward in Salah, we got world class. It depends on how good they are in the team of sale rather than purchase. This goes without saying. Van Dijk shown his quality and 75m was reasonable. I was wrong about Ox because he was subpar at Arsenal. I rate him higher than Coutinho for Liverpool.  I could never rate Coutinho so highly when he's so subpar in defence. Look at the game Countinho scored a hat trick in. Barca lost 5-4. There were a lot of games we could have won 2-0 that we won 3-2..etc or drew instead... where am I going with this? It's an example that Coutinho didn't give us an overall improvement even with his wizardry. He went for 145m or something so sometimes player price is based on what they add to the team and forget what also gets removed... So now I can use this information to make a judgement in Lemar.

A price tag of 90m was slapped on him after an average season because he played a belter in a friendly against England which got our attention, since then he's been subpar in a league of less quality than the premier league, so it looks like 90m was an attempt to fleece us out of money during a time of panic because of Coutinho. Kind of like Torres and Carrol.
      We didn't buy into the scam and Ox shone like a gem, anybody who pays 90m for Lemar now would be an utter moron. Sorry to be blunt but his season blown big time, and I repeat this was in a lower league. I would like to say that the sky is the limit for Lemar, but I just don't think it is. He had been picked for France in the world cup, so if he has a fantastic tournament there might be a good player in there, but that's not guaranteed, look Baros and Origi.

Additionally he scores so much less goals than any of our current front 3. Would we really pay 90m for a backup?

If Lemar was 30 million it's okay. For 90 million we can get much better value for money, so price is important in my opinion.
      This is only my opinion, maybe everyone thinks it's wrong but it's an opinion none the less.
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 10:15:16 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #866: May 19, 2018 10:19:32 am
      Iā€™ll go against the head in this one and say yeh Iā€™d still love to have him here - I think he has enormous potential.

Instead of Fekir? As well as?

Dunno - but I certainly donā€™t feel the need to destroy him if we go another way. When he leaves Monaco someone has a helluva talent on their hands.
      Fekir looks good. He looks like a stronger player in defence than most attacking midfielders. I've only seen him on YouTube though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #867: May 19, 2018 10:33:41 am
      . I've only seen him on YouTube though.

There's your problem

You rush to judge every player.. and often wrong

You're still wrong in my opinion.

You're just judging it on money (a made up fee at that) rather than just let the player come (whoever) and see what they can do

Trust the manager's judgement.. rather than judge them before a ball is kicked and make yourself look daft (like with Chamberlain) and many people who did over other players including Virgil (on his price or the manager's patience in getting him)

For me the manager could sign someone for 3 million  or 30 million or 90 million... I'll not be bothered one ounce on the price, I'll judge him on what I see.

Money, valuations in the modern game is impossible to make a judgement on anymore.

90 million may seem mad for Lemar to you.. Dembele to Barca may well have been a mad valuation.. but their ages a d the way money is going nowadays that money can be recouped pretty much even if it doesn't work out. Dembele probably made them a fortune in shirt sales for them too (mad like that as anyone who wears a footy shirt over the age of 14 needs to be on the register)
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 10:52:15 am by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #868: May 19, 2018 11:10:37 am
      There's your problem

You rush to judge every player.. and often wrong

You're still wrong in my opinion.

You're just judging it on money (a made up fee at that) rather than just let the player come (whoever) and see what they can do

Trust the manager's judgement.. rather than judge them before a ball is kicked and make yourself look daft (like with Chamberlain) and many people who did over other players including Virgil (on his price or the manager's patience in getting him)

For me the manager could sign someone for 3 million  or 30 million or 90 million... I'll not be bothered one ounce on the price, I'll judge him on what I see.

Money, valuations in the modern game is impossible to make a judgement on anymore.

90 million may seem mad for Lemar to you.. Dembele to Barca may well have been a mad valuation.. but their ages a d the way money is going nowadays that money can be recouped pretty much even if it doesn't work out. Dembele probably made them a fortune in shirt sales for them too (mad like that as anyone who wears a footy shirt over the age of 14 needs to be on the register)

Iā€™ve never given a sh*t about whether weā€™ve overspent - only whether the gaffer (any gaffer) gets the men he wants.

The great thing with JĆ¼rgen is we see that he wonā€™t compromise - which is great.....

On the wearing of kits over 14.......Iā€™d have agreed with you a few years ago but both my lads hoover up tops to wear playing 5s with their mates and on match days so i now (reluctantly) accept its a bit more nuanced.........

However they get tops only from me and have to pay for shorts etc themselves if theyā€™re committed to a ā€œfull kit w**kerā€ life

Besides a man whoā€™s spent as much time in a monogrammed coaching kit as me has to be mindful 😳
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #869: May 19, 2018 11:40:19 am
      Iā€™ve never watched him play so Iā€™ve no idea and to be frank I donā€™t give sh*t, so long as the manager gets who he wants Iā€™m happy.

Give it a rest.

In January people were up in arms we didn't pay 90million for this hype train. They deserve to be called out. I'm baiting no one, I'm holding people accountable.

Speaking of which:

I think he's a brilliant player but that also puts me off. He's a part of that team and he's therefore contributing to what's wrong at that club and he acts like he's above them all.

Think he would be a perfect fit for our team though and would jump at the chance to have him.

Something doesn't add up there does it...
       In August he's a 'brilliant player' and a 'perfect fit' and in May you've never seen him play??? Do you own a time machine?
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 11:45:18 am by Magillionare »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #870: May 19, 2018 11:45:51 am
      Give it a rest.

In January people were up in arms we didn't pay 90million for this hype train. They deserve to be called out. I'm baiting no one, I'm holding people accountable.

If Iā€™m reading you right Mags - your point is not really a pop at the player as such.......more the reactionary clamour (from some) to spend Ā£90m on a player they didnā€™t really know and whose agents were clearly agitating all over the shop?

Yeh?
      Kopite78
      Reply #871: May 19, 2018 11:48:39 am
      F***ing people wanted us to add more depth to our squad

Bad wankers 😏
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #872: May 19, 2018 11:54:34 am
      If Iā€™m reading you right Mags - your point is not really a pop at the player as such.......more the reactionary clamour (from some) to spend Ā£90m on a player they didnā€™t really know and whose agents were clearly agitating all over the shop?

Yeh?

Exactly right mate. I'm sure Lemar is a good player as he's got into the WC squad but I'm also sure a player who had a few months of form isn't worth 90million. His return of 2 league goals this season really highlights that.

And as I've shown with Mr Willy, people were clambering to spend this money on a player they thought looked decent on YouTube and tried to pretend they're this football scholar who watches Ligue 1 every week and 'knows' he's a good fit for 90million.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #873: May 19, 2018 11:56:46 am

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

He'd been one of the best performers in the league we play in for years. Lemar is not in the same boat.

Quick Reply