Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99139 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #874: May 19, 2018 12:05:53 pm
      Exactly right mate. I'm sure Lemar is a good player as he's got into the WC squad but I'm also sure a player who had a few months of form isn't worth 90million. His return of 2 league goals this season really highlights that.

And as I've shown with Mr Willy, people were clambering to spend this money on a player they thought looked decent on YouTube and tried to pretend they're this football scholar who watches Ligue 1 every week and 'knows' he's a good fit for 90million.

I getcha, I getcha.......but I still like him as a player mind  ;) :lmao:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #875: May 19, 2018 12:10:18 pm
      I getcha, I getcha.......but I still like him as a player mind  ;) :lmao:

:D

Fair enough mate
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #876: May 19, 2018 12:12:01 pm
      I wouldn't mind me a bit of Lemar. Quick, agile, can play 8, 10 or 11 , but most importantly, he looks to be a fine footballer!
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 12:22:50 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Kopite78
      Reply #877: May 19, 2018 12:15:33 pm
      He'd been one of the best performers in the league we play in for years. Lemar is not in the same boat.

You're going on simple numbers 

Not what either you see with your own eyes or what our manager sees with his and could do with him

Personally I'm just excited by whoever he chooses and I don't care what he pays

Point being is people complained about Virgil.. (they did) but I trust the manager on whoever he brings in.. I back his judgement.
      It may well not be Lemar.. but I doubt the cost is what is the deciding factor for him
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 12:45:28 pm by Kopite78 »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #878: May 19, 2018 01:00:40 pm
      You're going on simple numbers 

Not what either you see with your own eyes or what our manager sees with his and could do with him

Personally I'm just excited by whoever he chooses and I don't care what he pays

Point being is people complained about Virgil.. (they did) but I trust the manager on whoever he brings in.. I back his judgement.
      It may well not be Lemar.. but I doubt the cost is what is the deciding factor for him

I 100% trust Klopp and back him. For example when we decided not to move for Lemar for an over inflated fee in January. Whoever we bring in will be the right fit. If it's Lemar, he's more than welcome.
      Kopite78
      Reply #879: May 19, 2018 01:03:05 pm
      I 100% trust Klopp and back him. For example when we decided not to move for Lemar for an over inflated fee in January. Whoever we bring in will be the right fit. If it's Lemar, he's more than welcome.

Thats all you can and should do

Rather than put little digs about money 👍
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #880: May 19, 2018 02:36:38 pm
      Thats all you can and should do

Rather than put little digs about money 👍

Nah, digs are part and parcel of debate. I’m not putting words in people’s mouths, just asking questions about what’s been said.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #881: May 19, 2018 02:42:03 pm
      I’ll go against the head in this one and say yeh I’d still love to have him here - I think he has enormous potential.

Instead of Fekir? As well as?

Dunno - but I certainly don’t feel the need to destroy him if we go another way. When he leaves Monaco someone has a helluva talent on their hands.

Agreed, cracking player in a club that has sold most of their talents, still think in the right environment he could be immense, he certainly looked to have the quality. I loved what I saw of Fekir as well but they seemed different in style, Lemar played left wing a lot of the time but I could see him making an attacking minded CM, he surely has the passing range and vision for that. Fekir looks more of a goal threat, someone who can be part of a front 3 or perhaps just behind the striker, but playing further forward. On paper at least I'd be ecstatic if we somehow got both! haha
      Kopite78
      Reply #882: May 19, 2018 02:45:15 pm
      Nah, digs are part and parcel of debate. I’m not putting words in people’s mouths, just asking questions about what’s been said.

Digs are part and parcel of debate?

😂

Only for the immature

You seem more interested in money than anything.. the money shouldn't matter to you whatsoever
      I really don't understand people getting their heads in a twist over what they perceive as value
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #883: May 19, 2018 03:31:34 pm
      Isn't the 90M the reported price tag because a desperate Arsenal came in late January and offered that to Monaco in hopes of getting him, only to be turned down by Lemar himself? Vague memories here. As for 90M itself, if Klopp things he's worth it then he's worth the 90M but i doubt he'd go for that much given the year he just had.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #884: May 19, 2018 03:49:56 pm
      Digs are part and parcel of debate?

😂

Only for the immature

You seem more interested in money than anything.. the money shouldn't matter to you whatsoever
      I really don't understand people getting their heads in a twist over what they perceive as value

We don't have unlimited funds so money should be important. We can't just spunk away what we can't get back, so I see it as a poignant issue.

And I'm well within my rights to have a jab at someone based on what they said. Everyone should be accountable for the things they say, like I said before, I'm not putting words in peoples mouths, just asking if they still stand by what they said. If we all went around going 'yes sir, yes madam' 'no that's fine it's your opinion and I won't comment' then the world would be F***ing boring.
      Kopite78
      Reply #885: May 19, 2018 04:04:06 pm
      We don't have unlimited funds so money should be important. We can't just spunk away what we can't get back, so I see it as a poignant issue.

And I'm well within my rights to have a jab at someone based on what they said. Everyone should be accountable for the things they say, like I said before, I'm not putting words in peoples mouths, just asking if they still stand by what they said. If we all went around going 'yes sir, yes madam' 'no that's fine it's your opinion and I won't comment' then the world would be f**king boring.

Debate away..

Digs and jabs at people's opinions? That's school yard stuff that

I well aware we don't have an unlimited budget.. I'm just saying that whatever the manager deems right you should be sound with.
      Like 75m for Virgil..  52 for Naby. 40 for Chamberlain and if he wanted Lemar then what the F**k ever if he wants him

You having a digat people because they want a certain player is simply childish

The people who said they wanted him just want more options for the football club, just want to win things..  just because they don't act as mini accountants shouldn't mean they take digs and jabsfrom you.

Like I say personally I've never seen the lad kick a ball so I don't give a F**k if we sign him or not... but I just think it's a bit off people taking digs at others because they want us to improve

The question for me shouldn't be

Haha where's all those mugs who wanted to pay 90m for this lad now?

The question should always be, do you think he would improve us.. do you still think he would improve us

Personally I'll take whoever the manager signs for whatever fee because I trust his judgement implicitly
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #886: May 19, 2018 04:14:32 pm
      Debate away..

Digs and jabs at people's opinions? That's school yard stuff that

I well aware we don't have an unlimited budget.. I'm just saying that whatever the manager deems right you should be sound with.
      Like 75m for Virgil..  52 for Naby. 40 for Chamberlain and if he wanted Lemar then what the F**k ever if he wants him

You having a digat people because they want a certain player is simply childish

The people who said they wanted him just want more options for the football club, just want to win things..  just because they don't act as mini accountants shouldn't mean they take digs and jabsfrom you.

Like I say personally I've never seen the lad kick a ball so I don't give a F**k if we sign him or not... but I just think it's a bit off people taking digs at others because they want us to improve

The question for me shouldn't be

Haha where's all those mugs who wanted to pay 90m for this lad now?

The question should always be, do you think he would improve us.. do you still think he would improve us

Personally I'll take whoever the manager signs for whatever fee because I trust his judgement implicitly

Ah well, you can think that, I'm more than happy to have a bit more give and take. It's not mean spirited and only meant to be banter like I'd have with my mates. For example my friend thought Martial was a bargain at 50mill, I'm not turning round to him and saying 'are you still of that opinion good sir', I'm calling him a wally and laughing and I expect the same back for the sh*t calls I make.

Should we sign Lemar for 90million and he's worth every penny I fully expect 'Where's that Mags who thought we were mugs for thinking he's not worth it' and I'd deserve every bit of it, in fact it did start with 'Only a fool wouldn't be snapping up this lad now' so I'm happy to retort in kind as I've been doing. I hope I'm wrong however, for the time being though balls in my court about Lemar.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #887: May 19, 2018 09:13:03 pm
      Give it a rest.

In January people were up in arms we didn't pay 90million for this hype train. They deserve to be called out. I'm baiting no one, I'm holding people accountable.

Speaking of which:

Something doesn't add up there does it...
       In August he's a 'brilliant player' and a 'perfect fit' and in May you've never seen him play??? Do you own a time machine?

Jesus, perhaps you’re the one with a time machine given your ability to go travel through post histories over the last year (or perhaps just too much time on your hands - try get some fresh air).

Being honest, I’d probably seen him on YouTube but everyone on this forum will have spoken plenty of sh*t that contradicts themselves at some time or the other.

As for this weird belief about you seem to have about being some kind of moral arbiter of the forum and your later posts about having digs at people for their opinions...well, that’s all the evidence needed that you’re a WUM. In fact, it’s pretty weird, but crack on fella :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #888: May 19, 2018 09:21:01 pm
      Jesus, perhaps you’re the one with a time machine given your ability to go travel through post histories over the last year (or perhaps just too much time on your hands - try get some fresh air).

Being honest, I’d probably seen him on YouTube but everyone on this forum will have spoken plenty of sh*t that contradicts themselves at some time or the other.

As for this weird belief about you seem to have about being some kind of moral arbiter of the forum and your later posts about having digs at people for their opinions...well, that’s all the evidence needed that you’re a WUM. In fact, it’s pretty weird, but crack on fella :D

Not really that hard to search for things on here, took all of 5 minutes. Saying that I have been nursing a savage hangover today so literally do have nothing better to do.

Moral arbiter. I like the sound of that. Think I'll keep it ;)

Fact is I've been very active on here for over a decade (like yourself I think) and pay a yearly fee to the forum not because I'm a WUM but because I enjoy the debate on here. Do I push the boat out at times, yes of course, that's part of the fun of it so I do it on purpose, hyperbole makes things more interesting. Can't say I've been called a WUM before, don't see how having an opinion and hamming it home when it becomes more true makes me a WUM and not just someone who believes in his opinions. Alas, can't say I'll change my ways even if don't agree with them.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #889: May 19, 2018 10:47:30 pm
      Not really that hard to search for things on here, took all of 5 minutes. Saying that I have been nursing a savage hangover today so literally do have nothing better to do.

Moral arbiter. I like the sound of that. Think I'll keep it ;)

Fact is I've been very active on here for over a decade (like yourself I think) and pay a yearly fee to the forum not because I'm a WUM but because I enjoy the debate on here. Do I push the boat out at times, yes of course, that's part of the fun of it so I do it on purpose, hyperbole makes things more interesting. Can't say I've been called a WUM before, don't see how having an opinion and hamming it home when it becomes more true makes me a WUM and not just someone who believes in his opinions. Alas, can't say I'll change my ways even if don't agree with them.

Fair enough, apologies for misreading you if you weren’t baiting people.

And stay out my post history, there’s a lot of sh*t in there I’m sure :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #890: May 19, 2018 10:51:51 pm
      Fair enough, apologies for misreading you if you weren’t baiting people.

And stay out my post history, there’s a lot of sh*t in there I’m sure :D

:D

Deal
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #891: May 19, 2018 11:22:24 pm
      I remember saying we should sign Hirving Lozano not Lemar.
      Now Lonazo is being linked with Chelsea after taking the French League by storm.
      All while people get castrated for pointing out how sh*te Lemar has been this season.
      I won't walk on egg shells.

Lozano: 33 apps 19 goals and also scored in 6/12 games for Mexico.
      Lemar: 35 apps 3 goals <----90 million????  :lmao:.. hmm no!

Please, before anybody says Lozano is a forward and Lemar is a midfielder.
      Lozano is a winger and Lemar is an attacking midfielder
      We need players who are proven at this stage, not overpriced potential.
      We still have Markovic here for pete sake!
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 11:33:19 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #892: May 19, 2018 11:35:49 pm
      I remember saying we should sign Hirving Lozano not Lemar.
      Now Lonazo is being linked with Chelsea after taking the French League by storm.
      All while people get castrated for pointing out how sh*te Lemar has been this season.
      I won't walk on egg shells.

Lozano: 33 apps 19 goals and also scored in 6/12 games for Mexico.
      Lemar: 35 apps 3 goals <----90 million????  :lmao:.. hmm no!

Please, before anybody says Lozano is a forward and Lemar is a midfielder.
      Lozano is a winger and Lemar is an attacking midfielder
      We need players who are proven at this stage, not overpriced potential.
      We still have Markovic here for pete sake!

Two things

Lozano plays in the Dutch league not the French

You are asking for proven players and then throw Lozano who has played one season  in European football

You do yourself no favours
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #893: May 19, 2018 11:41:23 pm
      Two things

Lozano plays in the Dutch league not the French

You are asking for proven players and then throw Lozano who has played one season  in European football

You do yourself no favours
      Oh yes, dutch league is right,
      I would ask you to check out the 2 goals against Belgium when Mexico beat Belgium 3-2. Stunning goals also from Lozano. You can't score goals like that and not be something amazing. If we don't get him, he's going to be at City, Madrid or Barcelona. I think Lozano will be a lot more famous after world cup.
      Lemar is worse now than when he was valued at 90m. He can't be worth 90m now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #894: May 20, 2018 10:54:25 am
      Oh yes, dutch league is right,
      I would ask you to check out the 2 goals against Belgium when Mexico beat Belgium 3-2. Stunning goals also from Lozano. You can't score goals like that and not be something amazing. If we don't get him, he's going to be at City, Madrid or Barcelona. I think Lozano will be a lot more famous after world cup.
      Lemar is worse now than when he was valued at 90m. He can't be worth 90m now.

He’s worth what someone is willing to pay Ribs and what Monaco agree to sell at......

No more, no less.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #895: May 20, 2018 05:44:54 pm
      He’s worth what someone is willing to pay Ribs and what Monaco agree to sell at......

No more, no less.
      Monaco set the 90m price for Lemar are tried to push for a sale when we weren't really interested.
      They came out and said they would rather sell to Liverpool than Arsenal when we've not shown interest recently.
      It's an obvious swindle. Liverpool will offer what they think he's worth, not what Monaco think he's worth.
      If Monaco's evaluation is much higher than ours, we don't sign him. That's all obvious.
      He's not world class, he may have potential but he has not shown it this season.. so if Monaco want 90m we sign other players and not Lemar. It's not really just my opinion, it is common sense.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #896: May 20, 2018 05:48:21 pm
      Monaco set the 90m price for Lemar are tried to push for a sale when we weren't really interested.
      They came out and said they would rather sell to Liverpool than Arsenal when we've not shown interest recently.
      It's an obvious swindle. Liverpool will offer what they think he's worth, not what Monaco think he's worth.
      If Monaco's evaluation is much higher than ours, we don't sign him. That's all obvious.
      He's not world class, he may have potential but he has not shown it this season.. so if Monaco want 90m we sign other players and not Lemar. It's not really just my opinion, it is common sense.

All fine.

What happens if Jürgen says it is Lemar I need. He’s my Phil replacement........

Quick Reply